Guide to Narsis District

Place where in-game literature is written and developed.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Guide to Narsis District

Post by Nomadic1 »

And the next one...

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c135/evildemonofcowville/NarsisDistrict.png[/img]

Morrowind is the northeastern-most province of the Tamrielic Empire, bounded on the north and east by the Sea of Ghosts, on the west by Skyrim, on the southwest by Cyrodiil (also known as the Imperial Province), and on the south by Black Marsh (also known as Argonia). Narsis District encompasses the southwestern part of the province, in the traditional lands of Great House Hlaalu.

The district is comprised of several large plains, separated from each other by offshoots of the Velothi Mountains which forms Morrowind's western border. Several large cities are located within the district although the two most notable are Narsis, the capital of Great House Hlaalu, and Kragenmoor, a trading city in the foothills of the Velothis.

Narsis District has four distinct geographic regions, each with their own distinctive terrain features. Scholars have based their classifications on the different types of lands as described by the local Dunmer, so the designations are recognized by most local traders, travelers, and adventurers. These geographic regions are called: the Armun Ashlands, the Othreleth Fields, Shipal-Shin, and the Thirr River Valley.

ARMUN ASHLANDS

The formidable Armun Ashlands form the north of the district, and extend from the high Velothi Mountains in the west to the Thirr River valley in the east. The few paths that traverse the ashlands are twisting, dangerous and poorly maintained. The only permanent settlement within the ashlands is the small fortress town of Ald Erfoud, located in the east of the wastes.

OTHRELETH FIELDS

The Othreleth Fields are the fertile grasslands in the north of the district. The region is known for its unique fungal woodlands, unlike any other in all of Morrowind. Small farms and manors dot the fields, and several large towns are to be found throughout.

Kragenmoor is the second city of Great House Hlaalu, and is located in the far northwest of the fields in the foothills of the Velothi Mountains. The Shadowgate Pass is located nearby, allowing trade and travel with neighboring Cyrodiil.

The blessed city of the guar, Saint Seryn, is located in the south of the fields at the famous shrine to its namesake. It is located at the meeting point of the highways between Narsis to the south, Kragenmoor to the northwest, and Andothren to the north.

SHIPAL-SHIN

The Shipal-Shin is the dry southern plain of the traditional House Hlaalu holdings which surround their ancient clanstead of Narsis.

Narsis is the center of Great House Hlaalu, and home to the Hlaalu Council and the Imperial Proconsulate of Morrowind Province. Narsis is built on Mount Meris at a bend in the River Thirr near its source in the far south of Morrowind. The city is one of the largest in the province and is the center of commercial activity that occurs between Morrowind and its neighbors.

THIRR RIVER VALLEY

The course of the Thirr River south of Lake Andaram and the fertile valley that surrounds it is part of the Narsis District.

The twin fortresses of Ald Marak and Ald Iuval are located on either side of a small lake between Lake Andaram and Narsis. They are currently garrisoned by soldiers of Great House Redoran at the behest of their Hlaalu counterparts.

Heimlyn is a small hamlet located above the Thirr Valley, located nearby on the road to Saint Seryn.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I *think* there is supposed to be a river starting in the Othreleth woods some cells SEE of Kragenmoor, eventually ending up in 4-26, right west of Almas Thirr.

But as you've said earlier, edits are easily implemented. I like the style of these maps.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Yeah, there's a second bit of water going into Lake Andaram. Or should be.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

I love your maps, keep up the great work on them.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I approve your work too.
But is it not Othreleth woodq in stead of Othreleth Fields?
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Nice artwork. All maps look very original.
--Mwgek--
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Thanks.

It's easier to wait for Map 6 to be finished than it would be to guess where the rivers and mountains are going to go.

I don't know if it's Othreleth Fields or Othreleth Woods. I've seen both.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

You're a machine, Nomadic. :)
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

We have model claims for Othreleth Wood so I imagine it is indeed a wood.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Very nice. Great work.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Hmm, this image will need some slight updating due to changes in Map 3 A3, and possibly due to what Nemon is updating for his Map 6 heightmap.