Our Release Schedule

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Our Release Schedule

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

After some serious consideration, Tamriel Rebuilt has decided that future releases will not be based on our development maps as they were initially created--and as they have existed for the past several years--but instead will each be designed around a certain theme, generally one of the five Great Houses. With two releases already out, there are six more remaining. They are as follows:
  • Sacred East - Our next area of the mainland, the highlight of which will be the Dunmer holy city of Necrom, with its own unique architecture, where the dead are prepared for burial. It also includes many cities of House Indoril, the most religious of the Great Houses, a Great House not featured in the original game.

Almalexia - Containing the rest of House Indoril's holdings, this release will center on the city of Almalexia, the largest city in Morrowind. Most of you have already been there, in fact: the innermost part of Almalexia is the capitol, Mournhold, which is the setting of Tribunal. Like all of TR's cities, it is a sight to behold.

Heartland - Heartland contains a bit of every sort of region Morrowind has to offer: the fertile Thirr River Valley mirrors the Ascadian Isles; Roth Roryn, a craggy mountain region; and the Armun Ashlands--by far the largest ashlands on the mainland. It also includes many important cities, such as Old Ebonheart--the largest Imperial presence in the province--and two major Hlaalu cities: Andothren, built around a waterfall, and Kragenmoor, a trading city on the border of Morrowind.

Véloth - Most members of Great House Redoran make their home in Véloth, the mountainous, ashy region in the west of Morrowind. This will include almost all of House Redoran's settlements, such as the great Baan Malur in the north and Kartúr in the south, and Kogotél, a city built around an ancient Velothi monastery.

Narsis - The city of Narsis is the capital of House Hlaalu and one of the largest cities in the province of Morrowind. Built on the winding Upper Thirr, it is in the very far south of Morrowind. This release will also include several other Hlaalu cities, as well as two isolated Redoran forts.

Dres - The last release, this will contain all of House Dres' land holdings, and will include no other Great Houses. House Dres is the most traditional and by far the most xenophobic of the six Great Houses, keeping slaves in great numbers and adhering strictly to an ancient form of the Dunmeri faith. Though it remains a long way off, we promise that it will be among our most impressive releases. The Dres will also have their own completely-new architecture.
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/Releases.png]Here is a map showing the largely-final borders for these releases.[/url] Solid red lines depict the original (read: old) six maps.
Edited by Haplo
Last edited by Thrignar Fraxix on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Antz134

Post by Antz134 »

I'm really looking forward to seeing the exterior of Almalexia/Mournhold (and helping the project too! :P)

it would've been great to have had all of tamriel using the morrowind engine...
Night0205

Post by Night0205 »

This does make a lot more sense. Focusing on theme instead of actual landmass is a very good move, and it will help tremendously with your quests and main quests.

Antz134, the morrowind engine wouldn't hold all of Tamriel. I just hope in the next several years that I can play on all of Morrowind, complete with quests! :)

Thanks for the update.
Tylsm

Post by Tylsm »

Will this change still result in the maps being released in one large file?

Also, how will it effect the. . . err. . . time of release?
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

I'm assuming the current numbering system of all quests/ints/exteriors wont change in the future then?

Eitherway I do like this new release plan, but I have to say, Way to put the pressure on Nomadic and myself to finish our claims [img]http://forums.snapstream.com/public_html/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]:P
(better get the whip out on myself after my mid november exams)
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

RelinQ wrote:I'm assuming the current numbering system of all quests/ints/exteriors wont change in the future then?
No. As the original post and the map within it implies, there is a difference between a "map," which is the way by which TR organizes its development, and a "release," which is what TR releases to the public. As you may have noticed, though Antediluvian Secrets did not include Necrom, but it is still on Map 2.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Will all Map6 Indoril holdings be changed to Dres or be added to Almalexia?
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Changed to Dres. We did a quick survey last night, and Indoril doesn't need them.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Chin Music
Developer

Post by Chin Music »

I assume the reasoning behind this change was to shorten the time between releases?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Chin Music wrote:I assume the reasoning behind this change was to shorten the time between releases?
Among other things, yes, that was one of the pros.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

this smells like it should be on the front page ;)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

how le fuck do you do that? I made it a global... (no one ever taught me this shit)
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Don't make it a global; just post it as a normal thread in the News section. I'll fix it for you.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

As soon as Dres is released, I'll be the happiest person in Kansas. Though that isn't so hard, considering the kind of people who live in this dump.
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
sacka22

Post by sacka22 »

can we expect any new updates soon on when the map 3 will be realesed
haha... BLOONS!!!!
michaleson
Developer

Post by michaleson »

No
31 Aprroved Ints
http://michaleson.mybrute.com
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

In a slightly less randomly blunt manner, we'll be sure to let people know whenever there is important news. At present there is nothing really more substantial than the kind of stuff you'd just pick up by reading the forums on a regular-ish basis. :)

We only post news updates when there's something actually interesting, usually not just to notify people that we still exist and that work is proceeding, as generally this can be taken for granted. You can see (I think) claims moving around the place and stuff, so that gives you a pretty accurate idea of where things stand. We're not really in the habit of just posting updates saying "five more ints were completed today", nor are we in the habit of making projections as to finish dates.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Also... asking when a development map will be completed on the very thread that announces that we're no longer releasing under that system... did you actually read the first post? o.O
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
sacka22

Post by sacka22 »

well... what i meant was when might the next realese of a map be...
haha... BLOONS!!!!
Four Greyhounds

Post by Four Greyhounds »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:we'll be sure to let people know whenever there is important news.We only post news updates when there's something actually interesting. we are not in the habit of making projections as to finish dates.
You'll see, I'll show you, that these, uh, civilized people? They'll eat each other. You see, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.
sacka22

Post by sacka22 »

haha... BLOONS!!!!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

don't spam, it has been said already we don't know when our next release will be. We give out information as we know it.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Morthank0914
Developer

Post by Morthank0914 »

Hey simply just wondering, when we are done completing the province of Morrowind, will we start working on totally new provinces. Like Skyrim or the Black Marshes? Am I lookin too far into the future?...
Mathlord

Post by Mathlord »

We had a Hammerfell project going for Oblivion, but it was taken off the "official" project, but it's still being worked on.
[img]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/522/s6jbyt.jpg[/img]
Morthank0914
Developer

Post by Morthank0914 »

Just wondering about Morrowind, though. I mean it would be pretty cool if we could be able to cross the border into either skyrim or Argonia. I know we still have to finish Morrowind before we could start and everything, but that would be so cool! :roll:
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

There are several other province mods that are aiming to be compatible with TR's Morrowind.

abdalazrad

Re: On Future Releases

Post by abdalazrad »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:After some serious consideration, Tamriel Rebuilt has decided that future releases will not be based on our development maps as they were initially created--and as they have existed for the past several years--but instead will each be designed around a certain theme, generally one of the five Great Houses. With two releases already out, there are six more remaining. They are as follows:
  • Sacred East - Our next release, the highlight of which will be the Dunmer holy city of Necrom, with its own unique architecture, where the dead are prepared for burial. It also includes many cities of House Indoril, the most religious of the Great Houses, a Great House not featured in the original game.

Almalexia - Containing the rest of House Indoril's holdings, this release will center on the city of Almalexia, the largest city in Morrowind. Most of you have already been there, in fact: the innermost part of Almalexia is the capitol, Mournhold, which is the setting of Tribunal. Like all of TR's cities, it is a sight to behold.

Heartland - Heartland contains a bit of every sort of region Morrowind has to offer: the fertile Thirr River Valley mirrors the Ascadian Isles; Roth Roryn, a craggy mountain region; and the Armun Ashlands--by far the largest ashlands on the mainland. It also includes many important cities, such as Old Ebonheart--the largest Imperial city in the province--and two major Hlaalu cities: Andothren, built around a waterfall, and Kragenmoor, a trading city on the border of Morrowind.

Véloth - Most members of Great House Redoran make their home in Véloth, the mountainous, ashy region in the west of Morrowind. This will include almost all of House Redoran's settlements, such as the great Baan Malur in the north and Kartúr in the south, and Kogotél, a city built around an ancient Velothi monastery.

Narsis - The city of Narsis is the capital of House Hlaalu and one of the largest cities in the province of Morrowind. Built on the winding Upper Thirr, it is in the very far south of Morrowind. This release will also include several other Hlaalu cities, as well as two isolated Redoran forts.

Dres - The last release, this will contain all of House Dres' land holdings, and will include no other Great Houses. House Dres is the most traditional and by far the most xenophobic of the six Great Houses, keeping slaves in great numbers and adhering strictly to an ancient form of the Dunmeri faith. Though it remains a long way off, we promise that it will be among our most impressive releases. The Dres will also have their own completely-new architecture.
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/Releases.png]Here is a map showing the largely-final borders for these releases.[/url] Solid red lines depict the original six maps.
Edited by Haplo
Aw man... Waiting for all of these releases is hellish. HELLISH I TELL YOU! I like the stuff I've seen already.

Is there any way for we as a community to help?
Jon_vt
Developer

Post by Jon_vt »

"abdalazrad: Is there any way for we as a community to help?"

You, or anyone else who would like to help with the project, could always go to our Showcase forum and post a mod you developed and apply for a position in helping us. The more talented modders we have working on the project the better. :-)

If you choose to do this, please read our posts concerning what we're looking for with regard to showcases and the review criteria - also, it wouldn't hurt to read through other member's threads that have been promoted to see how they did.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Also note that you don't have to be an expert modder to post a showcase. Even beginning modders are welcome to post a file, so that we can help you advance your modding skills and eventually join the team after you have mastered some more advanced stuff. It's a great way to improve your skill.
abdalazrad

Post by abdalazrad »

Very well then, I'll do my best to meander my way through the TES set. I'm actually a programmer, so, I suppose I would do best 'under the helm' so to speak.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

My advice would be to give questing a shot then, Morrowind script is actually really easy!

(but hey, I'm a quest modder. Interior modders would probably tell you to start with interiors :P)
RobtimusPrime

The Map

Post by RobtimusPrime »

When this silver platter of epic proportions is finished, will the map be in full view in-game, or will it be cut off by the default map boundaries? Is there a way to expand the game map? I hope so... when I throw in a character, I'd like to know where I'm going :P sorry if I posted in the wrong place (I once did that for another forum somewhere, and got shouted at :C )
"The Son is myself, Vehk, and I am unto three, six, nine, and the rest that come after, glorious and sympathetic, without borders, utmost in the perfections of this world and the others, sword and symbol, pale like gold." â€â€￾ Vivec, in Sermon Six
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Expand the map using the Morrowind Code Patch, which fixes many aspects of the game, and is considered a must-have utility these days.

RobtimusPrime

Post by RobtimusPrime »

Haplo wrote:Expand the map using the Morrowind Code Patch, which fixes many aspects of the game, and is considered a must-have utility these days.
Ahhh ok thanks :) sounds cool ^_^
"The Son is myself, Vehk, and I am unto three, six, nine, and the rest that come after, glorious and sympathetic, without borders, utmost in the perfections of this world and the others, sword and symbol, pale like gold." â€â€￾ Vivec, in Sermon Six
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

locked and re-stickied at least until this map is placed somewhere else.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo