i3-283-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-283-Imp

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-283-Imp (#804)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: Bero
Files: TR_i3-283-Imp_Bero_2.esp; TR_i3-283-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Old Ebonheart West #5. Main offices of the EEC in Morrowind. All important decisions are made here. Lots of book keeping stuff and accountant offices. No one lives there, but several people work there, including guards: http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7383/oewestmap.jpg

Exterior can be found here http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21200&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40 use the last file on page 2 of the thread.
Anonymous

Claim: i3-283-Imp

Post by Anonymous »

I would like to claim this interior
Zephyr
Developer Emeritus

Post by Zephyr »

Please click the "Claim" button! It's at the upper right corner of the thread view.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I will read up on the lore sections to make sure that i get this as near to what the lore states as i can and i intend to add what the description states and more well thats about all that i can say i describe better after ive finished.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Okay. Please use the OoT packages listed below, and only these and ingame meshes. If you really need something to be included, file it for OoT inclusion.

Also, please don\'t put uber items in, and no unfitting stuff (daedruic, glass, dunmer items). This is an imperial interior.

Having said that, granted. Happy modding!
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/bot_2_5.zip (1.3 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/OoT_ActivatorsV4.rar (5.1 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/OoT_ClothingV1.rar (578 KB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/OoT_Containers_ingv3.rar (2 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/OoT_DrinksV1.rar (59 KB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_WoT_v1_2.zip (3.4 MB)
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Revoked, draroth active for only 2 days in early June.

-Starcrunch
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ill take this one then. Just the usual, keep to the exterior look, plenty of books with acounts and things. I might write a few books with mathmatics in them. Perhaps a small vault of samples, and one bedroom in case someone has to work very late.

Edit: Okay CS is working...

What I would like to do is lower eastern part as the reception, all neat and businesslike. Above this there will be a few desks and plenty of paperwork. On the other side of the building on the same level is the tower where the records will be kept. Below this, more offices and a small bedroom leading off for the guards. Ideas for the 9 people working here:
[look further down]

If this is granted can I have an allowance for new books to be made? This place requires a lot of paperwork and I just need to know how much to make. Some can be duplicates but it will be as boring as hell to find the office full of identical bits of paper.

Thought it would be more efficient to have it divided by Process rather than product...also re-read my brief and saw it was INCLUDING guards :P

Guard
Receptionist
Clerk
Managing Director
Exports Officer
Imports Officer
Accountant
Mining Correspondant
Stockbroker

This is great for me since it frees up one room.

Books Required:
EEC Articles of Incorporation (mentioned in EEC Stock Certificate from BM)
EEC By-laws (also in Stock Certificate)
Current Mining Record of all Morrowind Mines
Past Mining Record
Current Import Record
Past Import Record
Current Export Record
Past Export Record
Current Account Book
Past Account Book
Blank Stock Certificate
Redeemed Stock Certificate
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Latest Outline.

Due to the exterior design I was much constrained as to what I could do. Upon enterance there are steps up from the door. The corridor turns to the right past the receptionist's desk to the stairs. Up the stairs there is a door to the balcony and a shelf of some EEC goods. There are chairs here. At the end of the landing is a window flanked by two doors. The right one is to the 1-tile room for the Stockbroker. On the left is the walkway. At the other end of the walkway is the tower which is filled with shelves containing records. At the bottom of the stairs is the Clerk's desk and an entrance to the other building. On the right from here is the 1-cell, windowed office of the President. This is next to the stairs to the main office where the Exports, Imports, Mining and Accounts officers are. Back down the stairs and to the end of the hall is the guardsroom which contains a small bed and a chest with a random imperial weapon in it. Pictures soon.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sorry for not updating, school has been evil to me so I havent done any TR work in a while. Basically I think I will be altering this slightly by adding a basement, meaning that some people can get some proper sized offices. The stairs will go in place of the current guardroom and will lead down to the offices for Import/Exports in one room and Accounts/Mining in another, with a better guard room too. The current room for these people will become the new office for the Managing Director. The MD's old room will become a supply closet with blank stock certificates, quills, ink pots etc.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

jale has not been on for ofer a month. revoking.
Peter_UK
Developer

Post by Peter_UK »

Maybe i can do this ? how many offices because old ebonheart looks huge?
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Lady N, as I recall Jale was nearly finished this. Should I attempt and get his WIP before you (or anyone else) grants this claim?

EDIT: I have acquired the WIP. I will check it to see if it is any good. (Which I am sure it will be.)

EDIT(2): I have the file. It is incomplete, so modder may or may not wish to use it.
Attachments
i3-283.esp
(37.02 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Claiming. Paperwork, lots of paperwork. I'll have look at the WIP before I decide whether to use it.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Granted.
I think Jale did a lot of the paper work for this already. I remember him talking about it a lot. So you may not have too much to do on that front.
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.esm (1.3 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.tar.gz (58.2 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (112.6 KB)
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

I will get this done, it's just that I've been working on Map1 claims for the past while.
It's on my to-do list.(It's a small claim so there's only a few hours work in it)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Here it is, finally got round to it.
Serric
Reviewer

Post by Serric »

With LadyN's approval, i'm taking this to review.
Approved: 15 In review: 0 Claimed: 0
Reviews Done: ~85
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

and again
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Serric
Reviewer

Post by Serric »

Loading Errors:
In CS:
- Model Load Error: Meshes\TR\m\TR_AA_book_closed_01.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\TR\m\TR_AA_book_closed_01.NIF. Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF.

In Game: Same...

Criticals:
- Gridsnap hasn't been used in places.
- The eastern half of the building should have it's ground floor level with the western half; in other words, another floor needs to be added in to the eastern part.

Clean: Yep

Northmarker: Yes, and facing is correct.

Fits Exterior:
- Apart from the fact that a floor is missing, the upper exit door should be square.

Lighting: Ambient level is a bit off, and object-based lighting could be improved in areas.

NPCS/Gridpath: N/A

Logic:
- The random pieces of blank paper on the floor just don't make sense really.

Lore: None

General:
- Object IDs need changing to the new form.
- Minor literature improvements are needed (just grammer).
- Some of the custom objects use an old (missing) mesh, and so need changing (hence the loading error). Hard to tell bleeders and floaters with the missing mesh.
- If these are the main offices of the EEC, wouldn't you expect rich furniture? And probably better organisation?
- Some of the shelves seem to be set really high; lower them to more realistic heights.

Eastern section:
- The lower exit door doesn't fit into the frame correctly; you can see into the void.
- The lighting in the upper area is a bit patchy; big unlit area between the tower and the staircase. Add a lamp or two.
- The windowsill upstairs looks bare, and so maybe add a plant or something. Could add a candle to help with the above problem as well.
- The shelf near the upper exit also looks bare.

Tower:
- Some of the 'light_com_sconce_01_77' are not seated right against the wall; they either bleed or casper.

Western section:
- Again, a big unlit section near the exit fom the tower.
- Quite a lot of bleeding of the books on the shelf in the lower part.
- Theres a candle here that gives blue light; all the others in the place give yellow, and it really looks odd and out of place.

Comments:
I don't really know what to think of this one. Personally, i think it could have been done a lot better, with a better use of space and less repetition/more variety in the objects used. I just seemed to be seeing the same stuff over and over again. Its only really the gridsnap and structure errors, and the lack of variety/detail, that i can knock this down on; nothing wrong lore wise (unless you count the 'should it be rich furniture' issue), and very litte floaters/bleeders or other issues. It fits the spec for the int, but is quite uninspiring and bland.

Mark:
5/10
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

*Hangs head in shame*

I wasn't exactly hugley enthused while making this and probably rushed it a bit.
I also sucked majorly back then.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Serric
Reviewer

Post by Serric »

Well, its on a par with a few beth ints, so its not complete rubbish...just not the usual quality that i expect from your ints...

I can try and spruce it up a bit if you want me too, but as its a map3 it can wait for a while i suppose.

*feels guilty now he's told Lud off...* :oops:
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Fix me
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

The gridsnap doesn't work properly anymore for this, so adding another floor is a nightmare. My suggestion is to remake the architecture next to the existing interior, delete the old interior and move the furniture and clutter. That's why this can't be easily fixed and should be revoked.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Death to interiors! TRIUMPH!
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I want to claim it.
Much desks, papers, quills and books. Are there any special books I should use?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

granting, happy modding.

I would say there would be a variety of ledgers and record books and such.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I have some problems. When i try to compare the size of the int with the ext. I seems that it's going to be difficult, because its small and I can't place the stairs exactly.
What is wrong with ludovics file? Because it is dependent on the old master files,
Attachments
TR-i3-253-2.JPG
TR-i3-253.JPG
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

sometimes the interiors and the exteriors don't quite match up. Just use your best judgement and get it as close as possible. As for the old master files, if you have TESDTK you can add the dependence on TR_Data, then remove the old ones. (I am pretty sure the order is important, so keep this in mind) TESDTK should be available from us, if not then PM me and I will send you my copy (assuming I still have it)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/utils/TESDTK.zip]TESDTK[/url]

And yeah, add TR_data before removing TR_Oot and TR_Eot.
My file is dependant on the old masters because it's years old :)
-Ophelia Benson
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I've already TESDK, but thanks.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I never had any problems by doing it the other way round though. It seems you can also remove the old OOT files first, then add TR_data. Whatever works best for you...
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I've used Ludovics file and I have edited a little bit. I've added an extra floor and soem tilesets because I thought the proportions would have been better. There is also a room for the boss (with rich com furniture) and a conference room, a dining room and an extra storage room.
I've used the books that Ludovic already created, that's why his name is also on the file.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Reviewify this
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

TESAME: Dirty

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: This interior has just the right feel for a EEC headquarters. There were some stupid mistakes with it though. I count two carpet errors, three severe floaters, all the plain papers were floating and some of the rugs as well.I adjusted some things at the winerack and the lower bookcase as well to make them fitting. I also replaced all report1's with report 2's as they had the same text and to reduce the file size of this interior.

Comments The atmosphere is just right, the custom made books are perfect, but some severe floaters and carpet errors bring it down somewhat. Can someone take a special look at the custom books, as the English in it is way beyond my league...

Rating 8
Attachments
TR_i3-283-Imp_blackbird_1.esp
(40.66 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Serric
Reviewer

Post by Serric »

I'll look over the books for you tonight viking...

EDIT: I've looked over the books and i was very impressed with the writing. viking was rightm the place feels just great.

These are the changes i made (btw, the legal documents were a little over my head, but i made logical and grammatical changes; i couldn't really change the content)

TR_m3_sc_EEC_record2
- Changed to use [] instead of ().
- Changed 'by the company' to 'by the East Empire Company.'

TR_m3_bk_EECBookStock
- Changed 'down the list a large number' to 'down the list, it seems that a large number'
- Changed 'but there are a few residents of Morrowind amongst them, several people in positions of power.' to 'but amongst them are also a few residents of Morrowind; intrestingly, several of those Morrowind residents hold positions of power.'

TR_m3_sc_EECDocument
- Changed 'coded shorthand. It could be' to 'coded shorthand; it could be'
- Changed 'decipher it but the insignia' to 'decipher it, but the insignia'
- Added full stop at the end.

TR_m3_bk_EECExport
- Changed the random capitalisations of certain words
- Added ful stop at the end
- Changed 'artifacts as recorded' to 'artifacts, as recorded'

TR_m3_bk_EECImport
- Changed the random capitalisations of certain words
- Changed 'steel as recorded' to 'steel, as recorded'

TR_m3_bk_EEC_ledger_o
- Added full stop at the end

TR_m3_sc_EECStockcertblank
- Changed 'This certifies' to 'This document certifies'
- Changed 'that is the owner' to 'that (hereafter referred to as 'the Holder') is the owner'
- Changed 'the Holder himself in person' to 'the Holder him/herself in person'
- Changed 'or by duly authorized representative' to '(or by a duly authorized representative of the Holder)'
- Changed 'certificate properly endorsed.' to 'certificate, properly endorsed.'
- Changed 'Whereof' to 'whereof'

Fixed a bleeding 'TR_bk_HerHands' that viking missed

Fixed a floating 'TR_m3_bk_EEC_ledger_o' that viking missed

TR_m3_bk_EECArchive
- Added full stop at end

TR_m3_sc_EECStockcertold
- Changed everything i did with the blank one above, plus added a full stop to the text at the top

TR_m3_sc_EECDocument2
- Changed everything i did for the TR_m3_sc_EECDocument
Attachments
TR_i3-283-Imp_blackbird_1.esp
Fixed the lit...
(40.85 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving, use top file for merging.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Ludovic made the books, so you may give him your felicitations (or whatever).
That was one of the reasons why I edited his claim.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Revoked for repurposing.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Is the claim for this and the fighter's guild right? They both appear to be the same building.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Fixed. Left a 1 in there for some reason. It was late and I was tired when I did these.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d