Imperial Guilds

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Why
Lead Developer

Imperial Guilds

Post by Why »

Here's a list of locations for the Imperial Guilds. Since Akamora ended up without a Thieves Guild this isn't 100% accurate anymore, but it should serve as a guideline for future claims.

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_mg_162.png]Mages Guild[/url]
Firewatch
Akamora
Almalexia
Old Ebonheart
Andothren
Kogotel
Baan Malur
Narsis
Silnim

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_fg_194.png]Fighters Guild[/url]
Firewatch
Helnim
Akamora
Almalexia
Old Ebonheart
Kogotel
Baan Malur
Kragenmoor
Narsis
Silnim

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_tg_951.png]Thieves Guild[/url]
Firewatch
Helnim
Akamora
Almalexia
Old Ebonheart
Kartur
Baan Malur
Strond
Kragenmoor
Narsis
Tear
Attachments
TR TG.png
(166.16 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
TR FG.png
(166.28 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
TR MG.png
(166.83 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Last edited by Why on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Are we likely to put Mage Guild relays in the major towns that don't have a proper Mages Guild but have other imperial guilds, like in Kragenmoor?
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

What about the EEC?
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Nice choice for the main HQ of each guild, I'm assuming that the underlined name of each is where the main HQ is of that particular branch.

I assume we'll have similar locations for the other factions as well? Namely the Morag Tong and whatnot.

edit: Should we put a Mages Guild in Tear? It is the capital of House Dres after all.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'm not in favor of placing relays in places without MGs. The MG is not Morrowind's public transport service. Actually I'd very much like it if the Helnim and Bal Oyra relays were removed, but we'll discuss that later. As in, years from now.

The EEC is highly situational and probably shouldn't be treated as a full guild in the way that the MG, FG and TG are. I don't really have plans for it yet, but I suppose it could have at least a small office in Imperial towns that are important for trading, and Narsis. I don't know if there's an int for them in Narsis already, but that's so far down the line that I don't want to worry about that yet.

Yes, underlined town names are where the head of the faction will be. That results in a couple of challenges, mainly to do with the Almalexia FG and Narsis MG and FG being enormous, but we'll deal with that (or not). The current plan for Tear is that it'll be the most unwelcoming place to outlanders in all of Morrowind (even more so than Port Telvannis, because the Telvanni lords simply don't give a damn), that's why most of the Imperial activities in Deshaan district will be based in Silnim. Only the TG is willing to have a presence in Tear, because of the lucrative trade and the opportunities it provides, but they should probably be underground.

I'm not sure if I'm happy with the current plans for the MT. But I haven't given it much thought yet. I don't like the idea of them having many hidden bases and stuff - one might be okay, but they're an essential part of Dunmer culture and should have a visible presence in important Dunmer towns. Like how it's done in Akamora right now, that's good, location-wise.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

I've never heard of 'Strond'.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Oh, that's the name for a town in the Uld Vraech, it's part of Nemon's WIP plan for the region