TR_Mainland Dialogue Error reporting

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

TR_Mainland Dialogue Error reporting

Post by Haplo »

This thread is for reporting any errors you may find in the dialogue or the NPCs of TR_Mainland.
Please tell us about any typos, grammar mistakes, lore inaccuracies, or other dialogue issues.

Please use this format for posting errors:

----------------------
NPC: Please tell us the name of the NPC you found the error in, along with their location.
Topic: Please mention which topic the error was found in.
Error: Report the error here.
----------------------

For example,

----------------------
NPC: Eldale (Gah Sadrith, Eldale's chambers)
Error: she gives my Dunmer character this greeting: "Greetings, Khajiit"
----------------------

It can be very helpful to use Morrowind's beta comment function to report errors. To enable this function, simply open up Morrowind.ini and find the line:

BetaCommentFile=

Change this to:

BetaCommentFile=BetaComment.txt
(You can name it anyting you want, as long as it has the proper extension)

Then when you see an error, open up the console, click on the object (you should see it's ID in the title bar), and type

bc "This is wrong"
or something similar
A log will be created stating the time, place, exact position, cell, and your comment.

Please don't write your bug reports in boldface. We use boldface to mark bug reports that are already fixed. If you post yours in boldface, then we will think it is fixed already and won't fix it.
Last edited by Haplo on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

NOTICE:

Boldface means FIXED (in our internal files, and therefore in the next release.

Please don't post your bugreports in boldface (unless you want to fool us into thinking that we already fixed them).

--------------------------------------------------------

Cat noticed this: There are tons of reference to a cave called "Dadadrome" in dialogue, although it has been renamed as "Dadrunibi". This is important to fix as it makes a number of path descriptions useless.
Last edited by arvisrend on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

6/6/2012 (22:32) TR_Mainland.esm 6/6/2012 (07:40) Windows TR_ind_guard00000032 Seitur (37,-24) 308989 -196228 43 " no topics"

Also, I've noticed various Indoril Guards with the topic Background, and they tell me: "I am Indoril Guard." or something like that. Bit odd.

No longer no topics, but the somewhat weird Background reply is still there. -- arvisrend
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

NPC: Melorn Nevil
Topic: Bisandryon
Error: The description of Bisandryon in the Sacred East release thread says "it still lies bereft of any Dunmer involvement. An enterprising adventurer may find a wealth of treasure within... if they can find their way back out." This is contradicted in-game, where it is still an Indoril fortress inhabited by Indoril guards. Also, only Melorn and Scouts actually have any dialog about Bisandryon. The other inhabitants have nothing to say about it at all.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

TR_m2_Circus_Leonos00000000 Akamora, Guild of Fighters 4394 4070 12930 "Almost no one here has anything to tell me about the Fighters Guild"
6/7/2012 (15:42) TR_Mainland.esm 6/6/2012 (07:40) Windows TR_m2_Arodreth00000000 Akamora (30,-11) 249831 -88267 3692 "No topics"
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

6/6/2012 (00:40) Helnim, Tel Narrusa: Telvanni Council 3456 3840 15728 "Vyhlathri Ashara - Typo in his 'my trade' topic, missing space before 'he'"
6/6/2012 (00:40) Helnim, Edheldur's Rookery 5030 4976 12423 "Maurice Falois seems to give lectures on locations, but only refers to Vvardenfell locations. Seems to speak from the perspective that you both are on Vvardenfell right now. This seems to be a common set of dialogue entries among the Arch Society members"
6/6/2012 (00:40) Helnim, Edheldur's Rookery 5030 4976 12423 "'follow' spelled incorrectly in Felmo Enlaris' opening line"
6/6/2012 (00:40) Helnim, Edheldur's Rookery 5030 4976 12423 "Dilavesa Indalen - I believe she means 'get out of hand'"
6/6/2012 (00:40) Necrom, Chamber of Artifects 4032 1026 16896 "In 'Hero of the Indoril - Page 12 'excelled at his STUDIES', not 'studied'"
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

In Akamora, the dridea topic should be filtered so that slaves don't have it. I think this would be better stylistically.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Yeti wrote:In Akamora, the dridea topic should be filtered so that slaves don't have it. I think this would be better stylistically.
Actually, if all the NPCs inhabiting Akamora have had their "nolore" scripts removed, I would just rectify that problem by making a notlocal nolore filter, and that should take care of the slaves as well as any others that shouldn't be talking about random other topics.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
TheCatLord

Dialogue Cleanliness and Mod Compatibility

Post by TheCatLord »

Greetings!

I'm concerned about the cleanliness and mod compatibility of the project's dialogue. Multiple topics, greeting sections, even the persuasion tab responses have been added at the very top and/or bottom of the section which might cause errors with other mods. The dialogue would be much cleaner with a single insertion point instead of multiple - especially bad with the service refusal in the persuasion tab - effectively risking incompatibility with any other mod that alters the same area of dialogue. You can find about this from Emma's Comprehensive Dialogue for Morrowind (google it, I don't want to put a direct link since I'm not affiliated or advertising - you are in the right place if your screen is very green): scroll down to "THREAD BY JOG CONCERNING CLEAN MODS" - the issues outlined there apply to all sections and topics of dialogue, not just the greetings. Another thing I'd like to point out: I noticed at least one dialogue entry that had nothing but cell as a restriction to who will say it - might be a problem if a companion or other NPC is brought into the said cell. It could be further restricted to say, a class or something. I saw it in an eggmine - restrict to class Miner and Guard? An example, I don't remember the details there.

Overall, there is only one way to fix this issue: a single insertion point for the dialogue in each of the sections/topics and not at the very top or bottom of that section/topic. Also, arvisrend on the official chat suggested: "It needs to be fixed with a hex editor, but it's not that easy because an empty NNAM has a different length than a NNAM with an actual ID."

arvisrend edit: This is still unfixed and out of reach.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: TR_Mainland Dialogue Error reporting

Post by arvisrend »

It just struck me as... strange that Arenim Manor in Akamora is only accessible through the balcony of the Laughing Goblin. Maybe retcon this by making the Arenims the de-facto owners (main stockholders) of the tavern?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Recently started playing, here are the small things I noticed so far:

- NPC Llernele Yantus,
topic Fernil Yantus
"I wouldn't tell you such thing->things"

- Llothanis, Water's Shadow Tavern
NPC Himnatis
(un/intentional?) forced "Goodbye" on his greeting "Thank you again for your aid," after completing his quest
this might be intentional, as a method to ensure that old topic responses don't come up after the quest is done. what is our stance on this? avoiding goodbyes as much as possible? - arvisrend
FIXED. - arvisrend

- Llothanis, Midean's Healing Shop :
NPC Midean sells Moon Sugar, but has standard barter refusal for it,
same in Verulas Pass, Neldam Volothre: Trader
FIXED (removed moonsugar) - arvisrend

- Dernim, Windbreak Hostel : Charna gra-Mohl greetings don't add or include topic "beds"
FIXED - arvisrend

- Bal Oyra, Keep
small Mages Guild guides inconsistency - they offer teleportation to this relay for anyone, but the guide there (NPC Hessei-Lig) refuses travel to nonmembers
strange, can't reproduce, needs further analysis - arvisrend
FIXED - arvisrend

- Tel Muthada, The Note In Your Eye :

NPC Simund the singer,
on topic "sad songs" final entry for the quest: says "a week" has passed; but ingame and according to the journal it's just 1 day
Don't think the journal agrees; anywhere this clumsy piece of text needs rewriting. - arvisrend
FIXED - arvisrend

NPC Brelyn Dreloth,
has Inn default greeting w/ "beds", but no beds
not yet done - arvisrend
ok, the dialogue is crappy as usual, and random100-conditioned; will have to write at least two replies. - arvisrend

final "sad songs" entry: "Business have->has never been better"
FIXED - arvisrend
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

rot wrote: - Llothanis, Water's Shadow Tavern
NPC Himnatis
(un/intentional?) forced "Goodbye" on his greeting "Thank you again for your aid," after completing his quest
this might be intentional, as a method to ensure that old topic responses don't come up after the quest is done. what is our stance on this? avoiding goodbyes as much as possible? - arvisrend
I thought it might be unintentional because he's a trainer, whose services you don't get to access more than during one specific interval - but maybe he wasn't supposed to be one?
(also might just be me, but forced goodbye on greetings feel... agressive) FIXED. - arvisrend

rot wrote:- Bal Oyra, Keep
small Mages Guild guides inconsistency - they offer teleportation to this relay for anyone, but the guide there (NPC Hessei-Lig) refuses travel to nonmembers
strange, can't reproduce, needs further analysis - arvisrend
I forgot to mention the service refusal also says it allows high-ranked Imperial Legion officers travel, and not just mage guild members:
"Sorry, I am only allowed to transport members of the Mages Guild, and high-ranked officers of the Imperial Legion." FIXED. - arvisrend

others:

NPC Master Mithras
- topic slaves
- "[...] This should increase our production no end." -> to no end? this is a [url=http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/69501/meaning-and-usage-of-to-no-end]linguistical can of worms[/url], so will be replaced by something else. FIXED - arvisrend

NPC Galdasi Thendas
- topic "proposition"
- "I dunno" (nothing against it but I haven't seen this spelling used anywhere else)
- "I shall meet him in a few days time" -> days' yes, absolutely. FIXED - arvisrend

The Inn Between,
NPC Baro Kelaius
- topic "extended vacation" : options at the end of his story include some that the player probably isn't supposed to have by default (morag-tongish "my orders are to kill you now", making him attack) i'll keep it, seeing that it will take long until we have a morag tong questline and this dialogue is just too fun - arvisrend
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Copying some stuff from the old posts (not my reports!). What do we do about these?

MAINLAND NPC: Seinda
Topic: Rilas Dralethan
Error: "said he's called in one of the manors on the hill" should probably be something like "said he is in one of the manors on the hill" FIXED

NPC: Denara Tilmeth and her husband
Error:Denara Tilmeth and her husband talk too much about Vvardenfell's House Hlaalu branch and House Telvanni, seeing as she's mainland Indoril, Redoran is absent, why? seems to be a vanilla oversight, but we could fix it for TR. do we want to?

TR_m2_ghost_Dhal00000000 Necrom, Catacombs: Deep Vaults 2670 -1291 -1528 "Ancestral Spirit - Aryn Salvarys - Says 'founder of Salvarys House' when houses are always refered to with 'House' coming before the name" FIXED

TR_m2_ghost_Mort00000000 Necrom, Catacombs: Depths -2323 -6933 -1132 "Ancestral Spirit - Solusi Mora also says 'Mora House', instead of 'House Mora'. They would have said House Mora hundreds and thousands of years ago too, saying 'Mora House' just sounds wrong" FIXED

NPC: Relam Indoran
Error: Relam Indoran seems quite alright talking about ghostgate and ghostfence while in the dungeon of two necromancers. It seems odd. FIXED

-------------------------------------------

I've just checked that removing the goodbye from Himnatis' dialogue yields a dialogue loop. Not sure what to do here. Maybe just un-trainer him? FIXED

I understand why Hessei-Lig refuses service now. I'll remove that service refusal. FIXED, now he transports everyone and should have appropriate dialogue
Last edited by arvisrend on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

arvisrend wrote:TR_m2_ghost_Dhal00000000 Necrom, Catacombs: Deep Vaults 2670 -1291 -1528 "Ancestral Spirit - Aryn Salvarys - Says 'founder of Salvarys House' when houses are always refered to with 'House' coming before the name" FIXED
I was quite keen for this NPC to be called Salvarys Aryn, in the more traditional ancient naming style. I don't know if this was vetoed elsewhere (I can't imagine why).
Test
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

For Adan and Why:

generic dialogue situation
--------------------------
(generic in a strong sense: not pertaining to a single NPC claim)

town names: Vanilla normally only has dialogue for the town the NPC is in (except for questgivers who might also tell you about the places they send you in). We can do better, can't we?

region names: Very useful for the atmosphere.

little advice: Not sure how often the generic responses here are actually shown ingame and how often they're overshadowed by NPC- or town-specific responses. Anyway, there's some really awful dialogue here to fix (see http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=311961#311961 ). Please be careful to ensure that your generic advice doesn't end up above the specific responses.

little secret: Same as advice, except the currently existing dialogue isn't thaaat bad.

latest rumors: Very little of this is generic, and I think it should stay that way. So, no need to add anything here.

Great Houses (House Dres, House Hlaalu, ...): I recall there being some inconsistence issues here, like some NPCs having one of the house topics but not another (despite not belonging to any of the houses). Probably all of these need some kind of editing.

current events: This has not been edited by us so far, and I guess it can stay that way, right?

Sotha Sil: not really related to this, but you might want to look into it and check if our responses are still up-to-date.

Morrowind lore: Not sure about this. It definitely has lots of responses of varying genericity.

diseases (common disease, mild disease, serious disease, ...): I think we aren't adding anything here except of copies of vanilla responses, despite having added a number of new diseases. But I wouldn't change this for now; we might as well decide to cut the (pretty boring and stupid) TR_Data diseases.
LikeABosch

Post by LikeABosch »

NPC: Aamunos Rolvar (Dark Elf)
ID: TR_m1_Aamunos_Rolvar

Topic Revisions:

challanges- (Local, TR_Map)

Current:

The outlanders bring much unneeded confusion here, trying to impose their strange customs and alien culture. And everybody's so involved in political maneuvers that nobody cares about protecting citizens from the dangerous fauna.

Revision:

The outlanders bring much unneeded confusion here, trying to impose their strange customs and alien culture. Everybody is so involved in political maneuvers that nobody cares about protecting citizens from the dangerous fauna.

local area- (Race- Dark Elf; Cell- Tel Ouada)

Current:

Tel Ouada lies at the mouth of the Bosouada, dominating the landscape with Rathra's mighty tower. The imperial citadel of Firewatch lies to the west. You will find the fishing village of Bal Oyra to the north-west. If you follow the Bosouada south, you will eventually reach Ranyon-ruhn. To the south-east lie the villages of Sarvanni and Ashamul.

Revision:

Tel Ouada lies at the mouth of the Bosouada, which dominates the landscape with Rathra's mighty tower. The Imperial citadel of Firewatch lies to the west. You will find the fishing village of Bal Oyra to the north-west (of here). If you follow the Bosouada south, you'll eventually reach Ranyon-ruhn. To the south-east lies the villages of Sarvanni and Ashamul.

Mistress Rathra- (Race- Dark Elf; Cell- Tel Ouada)

Current:

She rules over Tel Ouada. Her attention is usually devoted to higher matters than us, her subjects here.

Revision:

She rules over Tel Ouada, the Telvanni tower in town. Her attenion is usually devoted to higher matters, such as her subjects here.

Ninari's secret- (Cell- Tel Ouada; Adds journal entry TR_m1_T0_NinarisSecret if < 100)

Current:

I don't know much about her. She's pretty new to Tel Ouada, up from southern Morrowind. That's all I can tell you.

Revision:

I don't know much about her. She's pretty new to Tel Ouada, she arrived from southern Morrowind. That's all I can tell you.
-------

This is a revision of just one of the NPC's. I'd appreciate it if when/if it is accepted, that could be noted next to the revision? This is so that I can ignore some topics while I cycle through the NPC dialogue database.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

@LikeABosch: I fear I don't see the merits of most of this revision. "And" is a perfectly good starter for a sentence in non-formal speech. Tel Ouada, not the Bosouada, dominates the landscape. I think villages "lie", not "lies", though there might be some nonstandard grammar here. "Us, her subjects here" was correct (and semi-ironical); read it as "us, who are her subjects here".

I am lacking the language feeling for Ninari's secret; I actually tend to believe your revision here is good, but I'd wait for a native speaker to weigh in.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

arvisrend wrote:I am lacking the language feeling for Ninari's secret; I actually tend to believe your revision here is good, but I'd wait for a native speaker to weigh in.
Either is fine, but the original is more colloquial so i'd leave it as it is.
I think villages "lie", not "lies"
I think so too
Test
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You can also make it a semicolon.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

- class Miner has 'little secret' (and some 'my trade', and some 'background', edit3: they have the "kwama forager" topic too...) entries specific to kwama egg mining
edit: the 'little secret' issue is present everywhere,
but for 'my trade', non-egg mines in M1 and M3 have custom entries for their cells. There are 2 non-egg mines in M2 with wrong 'my trade' : Pamonibu Mine, and Mannusudipat Mine. Both are (edit2:) ebony mines, so the entries already exist and just need to be copied for those cells.
'background' entries also say 'egg miner' in both of those cells. Same in "Yanimmu Iron Mine" and outside of it (TR_m3_Umela Telthim, TR_m3_Sirius Termian). Same in "Tahvel, Iron Mine".

There are also isolated NPCs with class Miner in places where the kwama dialogue doesn't make sense (TR_m2_Fondil Arstam, TR_m2_Grunk gro-Shagrot, TR_m2_Shelley) - possible solutions: changing their class / not giving a shit

edit after numerous edits: maybe would be easiest to just use a new "Iron (etc.) Miner" class for future mines

- on class Commoners, topic "my trade" may try to link to "local lore", but the NPCs don't usually have entries for that in TR

- (from class guard Greeting 0) "You say you've been attacked by assassins?" ...
The TR entries for this refer to Senillos Tulnus in Firewatch but the journal update is the vanilla TR_DBAttack 30 which says Apelles Matius

- TR_m3_Relam_Indoran, typo on Greeting 5: "Liches have, through... Appearently this one" = Apparently

- TR_m3_TahvelGuard00000000 Tahvel (33,-16) 271312 -129294 3062 "guards in Tahvel have miners dialogue on 'someone in particular': 'Guls netharil is the boss... Otherwise, it's just us miners."
- TR_ind_guard_f_s00000007 Tahvel, Iron Mine 2934 4074 10772 "same... entry could be != class guard"

- little secret "You're an outlander, maybe you don't know about the kinds of Daedric ruins we have here in Morrowind." comma should be period? edit:haha no that's vanilla sorry :>
Last edited by rot on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

rot wrote:little secret "You're an outlander, maybe you don't know about the kinds of Daedric ruins we have here in Morrowind."

comma should be period?
A semicolon is the proper choice, grammatically. Since this is dialogue, though, we might be able to let it slide as a comma, which really just indicates a pause of some length. If it is truly bothersome, we can make it a period and capitalize "maybe".

abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

I think a way to get better compatibility with Necessities of Morrowind would be moving between orns omaren and bacola closcius all INFO assigned to a TR NPC for topic Beds,
and maybe adding a duplicate of standard "Yes, we have one available. It's 10 gold for the rest of the day. Do you want it?" INFO filtered for TR_MapPos > 0 right after bacola closcius INFO
Vocal Lurker

Post by Vocal Lurker »

'someone in particular' topic, Cell Gorne, needs filtering to not show on Alveth or Ranalith Sandil (self referencing)

'specific place' topic, Cell Gorne, Sandil Manor -- "Sandil manor" should perhaps be "Sandil Manor" like the cellname. There are other instances of this including the 'someone in particular' topic for Gorne which does the same thing
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

- has been merged -

EDIT: new version _2 for latest Mainland.
'little secret' left out; should be figured out later according to who the mines answer to (emperor or House).

Ore Miners. Yet another of those boring fixes, this time handles the transition to the new class to avoid wrong dialogue.
Could use a quick looking at to make sure I haven't accidentally messed with orders.

- all TR Miners that weren't implicitly or explicitly *kwama egg* miners have been switched to class TR_Ore Miner, so they don't get kwama dialogue. (Tahvel miners set according to which mine they're sent to by script)

- all previous entries conditioned class Miner that needed to apply to Ore Miner had their conditions changed. Tahvel Miner entries duplicated for both classes.
Changes also applied, just in case, to entries that affect no NPCs because of empty mines (Balsincag, Murahn-Cithal, Gilvan-Tidrith - they had comments "placeholder dialogue in case a quest rehabilitate"...)
Same for Helnim, Diamond Mine 'my trade' which affects no NPC: "I am a miner, here in the Helnim Diamond Mines."

- regrouped Background entries from Mannusudipat Mine. Text itself not replaced but it should be imo. ("I am an ebony miner. It's a shame all of these guards are here, because otherwise we could have loads of drakes.")
replaced other two by that of Pamonibu Mine and Tahvel, Iron Mine.
New entry created for Thalotheran Quarry.
Added ClearInfoActor to some preexisting entries. Added missing class conditions to some cell entries. Fixed the odd unrelated typo.

- Ore miner 'my trade' entries copied for Thalotheran Quarry, Tahvel, Pamonibu Mine, Mannusudipat Mine (switched "Boethian Mountains" from previous dialogue to "Mephalain Mountains" for the last two)

- copied generic Miner 'Background', plus new generic 'my trade' entry for the rare, random Ore Miners that aren't in a specific mine:

Code: Select all

"I am a miner. Not an eggminer, as is often the case in Morrowind. I mine hard rock, opening passages, following bodies of ore, or excavating along drifts. I know how to support the earth above, and how to reach the precious veins below."
- TR_m3_S_Ulaf changed from Slave to Ore Miner (as per NPCer instruction); should have slave bracer removed in _ML.
otherwise miners that are other classes - Commoner, Pauper... - were NOT changed. They can be, though they have custom dialogue already so it's not imperative.( TR_m2_Llera Danmil , TR_m2_Sandol , TR_m2_Marvus Termian , TR_m2_Feravil Meran , TR_m2_Garz gro-Grulok )
Attachments
TR_miners fix_2.ESP
(33.93 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Last edited by rot on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

I've found a few dialog mistakes and I even took screenshots of them

The first one I have here is when you confront Malmotulgor at Fort aeyslip or however you spell it, after getting him out of the tomb and staying behind.
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/glitchhunter09/MGEScreenshot79_zpsc1a99b7d.png
For some reason, the dialog repeats twice as do the options related to it. rot - alpha, to fix in AND-North

Next up, I have this little gem from Dreynim spa's resort:
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/glitchhunter09/MGEScreenshot80_zpsc16bacdc.png
As you can see, with a low disposition, he behaves like I haven't defeated Dagoth Ur yet with his greeting, but when I click Nerevarine, he indicates I have. The other NPC(s) in the room are affected by this as well. - not specific to Drenim, these are in Data. (WHY are there Indoril faction greetings in Data?!?)

This dialog mistake is another one from the alpha
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/glitchhunter09/MGEScreenshot074_zpsac9c15ea.png
What makes this a mistake is that he behaves like he's from Indal'ruhn, even though his greeting clearly says he isn't.

Now we go back to some old quests from the older map 1 territories (both related)
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/glitchhunter09/MGEScreenshot008_zps69555e5e.png
After saving Melie and talking to Mjording after he gives you the location of the sword, if you talk to him again, he'll give you a greeting related to before you rescued Melie.

Clicking on Melie's name will make him thank you for saving her. Not a big deal, clearly the person that made the quest wasn't expecting you to talk to Mjording again after recieving the location of the sword.

The next dialog mistake is related to the same quest but this time it's Fernil Yantus
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/glitchhunter09/MGEScreenshot007_zps124a879b.png
A couple of small grammatical errors. "what did she told you?" should be "What did she tell you?"
The line that says "he's going to kill me, for this!" probably doesn't need the comma. Actually come to think of it, this whole section of dialog could use some work. Something about it just seems.... off grammatically.
- grammar fixed, awkwardness untouched because 1. dialogue needs more cohesive fixing as a whole, shouldn't be done on single entries; 2. that one cracks me up.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

BUBISHI: your posts are now in a [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24782]separate thread[/url].
BUBISHI

Post by BUBISHI »

----------------------
NPC: Mahhjat(Darnim, Fari Niernis: Trader Shack)
Error: HE (male Khajiit/male voice) gives my Dunmer character this answer:
"Mahhjat thanks the Dark Elf again for helping her."
----------------------

Should be changed to:
"Mahhjat thanks the Dark Elf again for helping him."