Goto page Previous  1, 2
immortal_pigs
Developer
15 May 2008

Or you could make a unique daedroth and delete those uberspells from his repertoire, if you think a daedroth would suit the mood better.
Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:55 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

I think Greatness means that if you StartCombat the actor, his summon will engage in combat too. I'm not entirely sure if this is the case but it's worth trying.
Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2007

They'd combat the player, not each other.
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

damn, I need to read more. Sorry.
Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:56 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
The Greatness
Developer
29 May 2010

That's the mistake I made too, Why. I understand now. Yes, you'd need to enable one next to him.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:35 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Captain
Developer
29 Jan 2010

Right...something weird has happened.

1. For some reason, Alaud Uveran will not respond to the rotation degrees that are set in his "AiGetPosition" script. Changing the coordinates works fine but he will constantly keep looking away from the tower instead of looking at it, which is what I want him to do.

2. The main annoyance at this moment, when Soren Uveran gets teleported the top of the tower, he seems to not exist in a manner of speaking. His character is there, and you can enter dialogue with him but his collision is completely turned off and entering dialogue only starts and ends with "Who's there?" This only happens with Soren too, Alaud is fine.

Yeah, so if there are known things associated with these problems I'd be happy if someone could let me know as I at am a complete miss here.

TelMuthadaBAFBackup.esp
 Description:
The Brave and the Foolish.

Download
 Filename:  TelMuthadaBAFBackup.esp
 Filesize:  20.37 KB
 Downloaded:  49 Time(s)

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:53 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
The Greatness
Developer
29 May 2010

Not sure about the first one, but for the second I assume you used PositionCell, a command which frequently causes problems in the NPC. I've come across them having no collision before, and there are all sorts of other wierd effects that can happen, so that command is best left well alone. It would be much safer to have two copies of this person with different IDs so you can enable and disable them to create the effect of him moving.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:49 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

I'm very much against duplicates. Use them if you really have to, but please try avoiding it. I think I used PositionCell in my showcase and encountered a similar problem, try disabling and enabling the NPC one frame after you move him.
Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:57 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Captain
Developer
29 Jan 2010

Damn, and I just finished it with a duplicate as well.

Ah, well. Just let me know if you want me to change it and then I'll have it done.
Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:05 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2007

Give disableenable a shot, see if it fixes things.
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:32 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Captain
Developer
29 Jan 2010

The copy of Soren Uveran has been removed, and it's just scripting that causes him to be moved.

I have a feeling I've finished all three quests. They've all been playtested, but all course there is still room for error.

So here goes then!
Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:53 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Captain
Developer
29 Jan 2010

Right, Take Two!

Done a lot of extensive playtesting this time to try and iron out the faults, the dialogue has been changed slightly, among other things. From what I've done with this claim I do get the sense that working with TR is going to take some getting used to.

So here goes again!
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:54 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Just want to say, I'm glad you're sticking with it, Captain Smile

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:17 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Hey Captain, just want to let you know we need an update within the week. Hope things are going well.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Post Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:16 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Captain
Developer
29 Jan 2010

Um...I've uploaded a finished product, which is why the counter is at 100%...

TR_q2-4-Mis_Captain_5.esp should be the one. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.
Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:35 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Ah, my bad! I didn't realize your last post was an "I'm finished" post. I'll submit this to review then.

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:54 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

Claim has been merged into TR_Mainland and has been released with Sacred East.
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  

Goto page Previous  1, 2
The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group