Sacred East

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

http://www.mediafire.com/?uc1cqow8mbxmbzf

If you're using mods that require maps 1 or 2 load these dummy esm files. All of the data is there in TR_Mainland so they'll work properly, but loading these ensures you won't get any missing master errors.
Howling_Snail

Post by Howling_Snail »

YEEEEEEEEES! Downloading now, and very excited. Although I've just realised I now need a new version of my travel mod to support map 3.
drfroth

Post by drfroth »

Congrats....how exciting.

I'm so glad that it is finaly here.

Good work everybody.
Just when you think it's all ducks and checkers, the salamander begins to frolic in the eggnogg.
OldFashionedGuy

Post by OldFashionedGuy »

Yeah it all looks amazing, those forests in the south are the highlight to me :)
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

OldFashionedGuy wrote:Yeah it all looks amazing, those forests in the south are the highlight to me :)
I agree with you 100% ;). The forests on the south side of SE are amazing! To me they seem more thick and green which is the opposite of "forests" in Vanilla Morrowind.

EDIT: If the forest gets any bigger when Almalexia is released it'll be even more EPIC.
Last edited by TheUnending on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
OldFashionedGuy

Post by OldFashionedGuy »

TheUnending wrote:
OldFashionedGuy wrote:Yeah it all looks amazing, those forests in the south are the highlight to me :)
I agree with you 100% ;). The forests on the south side of SE are amazing! To me they seem more thick and green which is the opposite of "forests" in Vanilla Morrowind.
Yeah, i hope that same forest keeps keeping bigger with the next releases :)
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

It will. It'll actually continue all the way to the southern border of the Almalexia release.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Why wrote:It will. It'll actually continue all the way to the southern border of the Almalexia release.
If the rest of the forest is the same, or better, than the forest on the southern edges of SE then that will be completely AWESOME.

Just the thought of the rest of that forest is enough to make me drool. Between the forest and Almalexia there definitely won't be a shortage of places to explore.
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

uh TU... you do realize you are a modder right? and that you have access to the internal files? and really, enterprising people can find them even without being a modder if you know where to look...
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Honestly, I was ready to ask the same thing rofl. Why are you so surprised at this release? I mean don't get me wrong, we're honored that you like it and all, but you have access to all our files right now, you could have been playing this months ago, or at the very least, you can go check out what we have of Almalexia right now lol.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

or maybe he never ever checked those maps, maybe he wanted to keep the surprise for the actual release?
Howling_Snail

Post by Howling_Snail »

Just done some exploring. Looks good so far, but some parts of Necrom feel a tad empty.
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

Howling_Snail wrote:Just done some exploring. Looks good so far, but some parts of Necrom feel a tad empty.
Maybe because you use "Morrowind Comes Alive" and "Telvannis Comes Alive" mods? they should update those mods as well for Map 3 so it won't feel empty anymore.

Let's hope the original modders for them are still around after all this time.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I did the Telvannis Comes Alive stuff, but I have no intention of working on that, because Neoptolemus is working on TR addons now himself, which wasn't the case then.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:uh TU... you do realize you are a modder right? and that you have access to the internal files? and really, enterprising people can find them even without being a modder if you know where to look...
Not wrote:Honestly, I was ready to ask the same thing rofl. Why are you so surprised at this release? I mean don't get me wrong, we're honored that you like it and all, but you have access to all our files right now, you could have been playing this months ago, or at the very least, you can go check out what we have of Almalexia right now lol.
Yea I realized I'm a modder(but up until now I really haven't had the time to search for these files).
Last edited by TheUnending on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Hehe, yeah we know. It takes almost a minute :P .
But I'm glad you know now :banana: .
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Nemon wrote:Hehe, yeah we know. It takes almost a minute :P .
But I'm glad you know now :banana: .
I just went to look and found them in like 10 seconds so... *face-palm*.

Wish I would've done that a month or so ago...
"*Sips Coffee*"

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Necrom feeling empty is feedback we've had from other places too, and it's something I'd like to address.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Why wrote:Necrom feeling empty is feedback we've had from other places too, and it's something I'd like to address.
The underground/crypts of Necrom seemed a tad empty too.

I found myself wandering down in the crypts exploring and I don't recall encountering anything hostile or anything uberly interesting.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Well the crypts aren't exactly meant to be hostile places (people come there to honour the Ancestors) and to have it full of people walking around would be weird too.

The city above could possibly use some more NPCs though.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Aeven wrote:Well the crypts aren't exactly meant to be hostile places (people come there to honour the Ancestors) and to have it full of people walking around would be weird too.

The city above could possibly use some more NPCs though.
True, but in dialogue people say that the catacombs are defended fiercely by the ancestral spirits(unless I'm mistaken, but I'm 100% sure an NPC said that in dialogue). After I heard the NPC say that I went into the catacombs very cautiously, which resulted in a rather funny moment where a Ordinator came up behind me and said something and I literally jumped.
"*Sips Coffee*"

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

TheUnending wrote:After I heard the NPC say that I went into the catacombs very cautiously, which resulted in a rather funny moment where a Ordinator came up behind me and said something and I literally jumped.
Working as intended
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:
TheUnending wrote:After I heard the NPC say that I went into the catacombs very cautiously, which resulted in a rather funny moment where a Ordinator came up behind me and said something and I literally jumped.
Working as intended
You dastardly fiend!!!

Just kidding LOL!
"*Sips Coffee*"

greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

Finally! Wooo! Okay, now for the next release, get to it guys! I'm thinking maybe Monday morning for Almalexia. Sound good?
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

greendogo wrote:Finally! Wooo! Okay, now for the next release, get to it guys! I'm thinking maybe Monday morning for Almalexia. Sound good?
That would be awesome :)! In reality I think that if it is a Monday it will be a Monday a few months from now ;).

:banana:
"*Sips Coffee*"

greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

Can we start getting some bug fix releases between actual full releases? Pretty please with sugar on top?
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

That's what we're planning on. :)
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

Mwgek wrote: Groundcover by Knots: http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/41626
it only cover Map 1 and 2, i tried and it stop where Map 3 begin. I guess it have to be expanded manually to Map 3.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

i'm pretty sure Knots updated it for the Sacred East release.
--Mwgek--
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

aahh it was kinda hidden, i had to check on the different bookmarks under
Howling_Snail

Post by Howling_Snail »

Ok, I've started an updated version of my TR Transport links mod to support Sacred East, if like me you prefer standard methods of getting between the mainland and Vvardenfell.
braithwa

Post by braithwa »

Congratulations TR Modders and team!
Howling_Snail wrote:Ok, I've started an updated version of my TR Transport links mod to support Sacred East, if like me you prefer standard methods of getting between the mainland and Vvardenfell.
Can you post a link to the details of your existing one?
Howling_Snail

Post by Howling_Snail »

http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/37963

It was actually already on the "Mods for Antediluvian Secrets" thread though. I wouldn't use the current version with Sacred East, since it uses some vanilla slots which are now taken up by SE locations.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Necrom has been relaesed at last!
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

The best part about Sacred East is the EPIC cover art!! The Sacred East cover art is in my opinion the best cover art I have seen in a long time!!

Out of curiosity, who created that particular piece of artwork? Its EPIC!
"*Sips Coffee*"

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Lutemoth
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I'm a little disappointed that the cover art is considered the best part ;) . It's good, but come on.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Orian

Post by Orian »

I'm not really sure were to post this, but am I the only one were my virusscan gave a warning on the download? I downloaded the file via mediafire, but didn't have time to unpack it at that moment. When I did a virusscan yesterday, I got a warning about an exe file in the zip. I haven't unpacked it (just deleted it for the moment), but is there anyone else who encountered this?
My virusscan is avast.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

There's supposed to be an exe in the zip, BSAREG.exe, used to register your TR_Data.bsa file so that the game can recognize our archive file and actually use the new meshes and textures. It's completely harmless, if a bit unreliable. So if your virus scanner is set to alert you to any .exe files in compressed folders, this is what's causing it. Of course, always be careful with files from the internets, but if this .exe file is all your virus scanner detects you should be in the clear. We haven't had any reports of viruses and it seems high unlikely that there is any malicious code in our downloads. We've been including BSAREG.exe in our files since forever ago.

If you have any trouble installing do know that you're welcome on our IRC channel, we'd gladly help you out. Just click the TR Chat link at the top of the page.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Orian wrote:I'm not really sure were to post this, but am I the only one were my virusscan gave a warning on the download? I downloaded the file via mediafire, but didn't have time to unpack it at that moment. When I did a virusscan yesterday, I got a warning about an exe file in the zip. I haven't unpacked it (just deleted it for the moment), but is there anyone else who encountered this?
My virusscan is avast.
I use Avast also. It can be a pain in the butt sometimes but its a good anti-virus program. I sometimes have issues with Avast scanning programs and saying they could be a threat and sometimes after I download something it will have issues. What I'm wondering is what exactly Avast said was the reason for its suspicion?
"*Sips Coffee*"