i3-729-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

i3-729-Ind

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-729-Ind (#2532)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-19-Ind (#123)
Claimed by: adamantum
Files: TR_i3-729-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i3-729-Ind_adamantum_5.esp

---

Thirr River Valley 12,-25. Exterior is in M3A3.

Long abandoned mine.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Unlocking.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Claiming this. An extensively mined cave that seems to have run out of ore. However, another undiscovered section of the cave is accessible through sunken tunnels and by levitation that still has a lot of unmined deposits.
I was thinking of making this either an adamantium or a glass mine, and I'd rather go with the first option if it is OK with everybody.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I for one would like to see more adamantium mines in this region
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Adamantium mines? Damn, I wasn't aware we even had those. I need to catch upon the times. Sounds awesome to me ^^
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Adamantium it is! Grantation
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

A small-ish update. Finished most of the rough statics, this one is going to be pretty large - there are two cells for now. There will be a lot of in_cavern stuff because hey, I really like in_cavern stuff :) Expect a more interesting update in a couple of days. Oh, and ignore the rocks.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Update. Lots of stuff has been added. The mine grew to be three cells large, and I think it's going to be epic once it's finished. I've given it an extensive railway system that would've been used for transporting mined adamantium, and it spans whole two cells - from the very entrance to the largest mined cave. Like I said, lots of in_cavern stuff. Apart from the light settings (pretty dark and gloomy), the mine still looks as if it was active. I decided to first make it look like a busy, working mine, and add the 'abandonment look' in the end. I honestly hope there will be at least one quest related to this interior, I would hate to see all this go unnoticed in-game :D
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Make sure the adamantium (at least not any large quantities) is not easy to find and/or get to. Also, the long abandoned part of the description was key, I know you said you were going to turn it into that, but make sure and see that you do. This should not be anything near an active site. Indiana Jones it up a bit, it can still be cool and have all the elements you decribed, but it should be derelict and noticable unused and old.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Update. Most of the rough work is done, and I think it turned out quite nice. As with the previous updates, the number of cells increased again - the mine is now five cells large. On to detailing now, and making the mine actually look abandoned.

Don't worry, there won't be much adamantium lying around. The adamantium rocks that are in the mine cells are all depleted (meaning they only have 10% chance of having adamantium in them), and the rest are really hard to get to, and require a lot of diving and even levitation. Here are the statistics:
In the ideal-est of ideal cases, the player can find up to 58 pieces of adamantium. He is, however, expected to find 19.6 pieces, with variance of 8.64 (standard deviation of approximately 3). That means that most of times he'd find 16 to 22 pieces, and even that is in case he visits every single one of adamantium rocks. I think that is not much (in the mine itself, he is only expected to find 4 to 5 pieces).

And one last thing, what is the name of this mine? Is it already determined, or am I free to name it?
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

You may suggest a name, whether it sticks or not is another story.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

A small update. I did some detailing, just making the place look more abandoned-like. There is only a little more detailing left before I finish this, and I'm kind of running out of ideas, so it'd be nice if someone could take a look at this and tell me if it looks abandoned enough as it is.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

A bit more detailing done. I hereby declare this claim finished.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I hereby move this claim to reviewing
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Lets see...there were a few floaters and bleeders here and there, but they were so few and in between that they're really not worth mentioning. Although, in the access tunnels, I found several objects that were floating above the cell, including a few minerails, a minecart, and oddly enough; a Mournhold Streetlamp.

The Northmarkers needed to be adjusted slightly, but otherwise were fine. Though the last cell, TR_i3-729-Ind_AdamCave, had no northmarker.

Finally, the light settings were a tad too dark, so I adjusted them very slightly.

Comments Overall, this has got to be one of the best cave ints I've ever seen. It was very well detailed, few errors, and really has that abandoned cave feel to it.

Rating 9/10
Attachments
TR_i3-729-Ind_adamantum_5.esp
(87.72 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Approving, use my file