New Drinks

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Geowulf

New Drinks

Post by Geowulf »

I'm tired of using the same Mazte and Greef over and over again. Mazte is supposed to be a 'local' beer. We can't use it all over Morrowind... well we can but there should be other 'local' beers...

So... Lets brainstorm a bit and invent some new drinks and names for it. we could also think about locations of breweries/distilleries (sp?) I guess Mazte is being made in the brewery in Vivec?

How about non alcoholic drinks? Like Comberry juice?
Read the Books of Tamriel @ http://geowulf.tamriel-rebuilt.org

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
- Bosmora, warehouse and indoor market
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
Gimli the dwarf

Post by Gimli the dwarf »

I like this idea. To me it would seem Nords and Orcs would have some of the hardest whiskey/liquor around. This could also translate into some small quests. An example would be an orc is tired of the drinks at a local tavern (not enough bite) and asks you to bring him a bottle of some orcish brandy in exchange for some sort of information.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

The Nords could have a drink that makes you all warm inside... maybe it can give the drinker some added Frost resistance or something like that.

Possible names:

"Fire Brandy"?

"Flame"?

"Amber"?
Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

I was also thinking about local differences within the Morrowind province.

Ideas that come to mind:
Different types of teas: Heather tea, Golden Kanet tea, Classic Indoril tea (whatever that is), ...
Beer: Comberry beer (beer with comberries), ...

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

Some nasty analog to vodka, using Ash Yams...
Am I right in thinking potatoes are used to make vodka?

Speaking of vodka, vodka is great. I imagine the ash would give a dirty or smokey flavor. Which I would find not so great. But that's neither here nor there...
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.
Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

Last night on the chat, we had some ideas for tea, here are the results:

- Heather Tea: Is one of the most popular teas. It restores your personality and gives you a little bit of feather.

- Light Gold Kanet Tea: More expensive than Heather tea. It restores your strength but it also increases your burden slightly (temporarily)

- Strong Gold Kanet Tea: An illegal version of the above. It's normal Gold Kanet with other ingredients to enhance the restore strength effect. Usually some Fire salts or some Horn Lilly bulbs are added. The restore strength effect becomes larger but the reaction with these ingredients causes a drain health effect which makes this tea very dangerous if taken in large doses. We were thinkin about making this tea addictive.

- Hortator Grey: A rather expensive but very powerfull tea! Usually drank by rich nobles. It's a combination of Morrowind's common plants: Hackle-Lo and Whickwheat with Saltrice and a little Corkbulb Root to give it its distinct flavor. This tea causes a Restore Health and Restore Fatigue effect. The Corkbulb root also serves an important function here. It cures the paralyzation caused by the combination hackle-lo/whickwheat :lol:

- Azura's Bitter Kiss: Another expensive tea, made from bitter green petals and stoneflowers. The bitter green petals give the tea a distinct bitter taste but it restores your intelligence while the stoneflower causes the tea to have a blueish color. Additional effects caused by the stoneflower is a slight fortify Magicka and Personality.
This tea is usually drank as breakfast tea with some comberries to mask the bitter taste.

Other ideas:

- Common Indorils might drink Timsa-come-by Tea (need a better name). This would restore endurance and resist paralysis (long term?). Is Timsa-come-by used a lot in the Indoril exteriors? You could simple call this "Indoril tea" or "Indoril classic tea".

- Comberry juice: Is the same as wild comberries: Drain Fatigue and Restore Magicka.

- Comberry beer (need better name): Beer (made from saltrice) but mixed with some comberries. It would have the properties of regular Mazte: Fortify Strength, Drain Intelligence, Drain Willpower + Fortify Magicka from the comberry (the fortify magicka would compensate the drain intelligence :lol: )

REQUEST: COULD SOMEBODY MAKE A COMMON, EXPENSIVE AND EXQUISITE TEA-POT? :)

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

I asked one of the local dark elves, and she informed me that "Timsea" is the common name, a combination of corruption and abbreviation. It may also be a play on "tipsy", since many combine it with something alcoholic.

She also mentioned a drink called Dagoth's Tears. Apparently, it is a favorite of those who align themselves with the Sixth House. The drink is made with Marshmerrow -- which gives it a sickly sweet taste -- and Corprus Weepings. Supposedly, it is offered to newcomers to the House, because it makes one tired and compliant, while at the same time mending wounds (Drain Fatigue, Drain Willpower, Restore Health).

There is also a drink called Khasp, which is made from the juice of Ripened Belladona Berries, mixed with a broth made by boiling Red Lichen. This liquid is then stirred with a branch from a Chokeweed shrub. It is often used as medicine for those afflicted with a disease, but the fruitiness of Belladona is balanced by the harshness of the Red Lichen, and the faint woodiness of Chokeweed makes for a tasty drink. Magic users tend to avoid it, saying the haze of rising steam is more than physical (Drain Magicka, Cure Common Disease).
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have found a tea pot!

http://www.euro-morrowind.com/index.php?section=plugin&code=05&id=1864
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

if there is any modeling things that are needed for those...I could help you all out...just pm me or e-mail me if you want me to model some of these...or all of em if you want...

if you already have a modeler for em...then let me know
av01d

Post by av01d »

i think u can make a decent teapot using the teapot under create object in max...
dont know why they classified a teapot under the same category as torus spheres and cylinders.. maybe a teapots a basic primitive!! omfg the worlds going crazy.

/me one step closer to insanity
"Um, I already gave my best"
"And that I have no regrets at all"

Lore: http://www.williamhung.net/
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

dont worry about that, there is a story behind why the teapot is one of the basic shapes. I guess we could use that one, but come on, couldnt we be more...uhh....creative...??

I'll be modeling them...the teapots....yay
Common Teapot
Expensive Teapot
Exquisite Teapot

there will be some other bottles and flasks that I will model too...I will put up some pics of my work in progress...
Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

i am attaching a teae plugin i made quite awhile ago.
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

this is the work I just did..it didnt take that long, but I didnt have that much time. I just wanted to start modeling things.

Tell me what you think. The first flask.....or something.

I havent seen how it will work in morrowind yet, I might wait until I model all of them to do that. But it should look ok.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Very nice, GT. How big is it supposed to be? Is it a flask you would drink out of? Or more of a storage container?
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Mmmh, looks like another potion flask! Maybe for some cyrodiili liquor, or some dunmer booze ...

Anyway, I have attached barbarus' fire places, which holds teacups and a teapot, beside some very pretty fire places. ;)
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

idk what it is going to be next, I could probably make it the dunmer booze, I could create a lid type thing to go for it so it wont look wierd in the game. I'm glad you like it, I will be making some more later today.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Here're some ideas for new brews I once made up.

Ancient Velothi Brandy
If house Dagoth can have 100-year-old booze, whyy shouldn't the people of Veloth too? Surely, the Aldmer who followed him *had* to be drunk, after all. Thus, I propose the "Ancient Veloth Brandy", to be found only in one of Greybeard's dres-bug inrested caves, right at the end, in a forgotten steel keg where the dwemer that once robbed it buried and forgot it. Value: priceless (7500, at the very least). Plus, it should come in a daedric-style flask, after all the Velothi were the ones that built the daedric ruins.

Cluj (Marsh Marrow liquor)
One bottle of Cluj is supposed to kill a grown guar, at least that's what the locals of the Velothi Mountains, where this hideous liquor is brew will tell you. Historicans trace the roots of this high-percentage, toxic beverage back to the hardy Nords of the first age, who have left their traces even in local Dunmer culkture (though no Dunmer would lightly admit this). A somewhat strange custom seems to prove thzis: a stranger can acquire some repect with the locals if he can stomach a whole glass of Cluj in one draw, then kiss a guar, and still stand an hour after this. A similar custom revolves around the nord "Screj", a beverage that is widely popular with nordic soldiers and fishermen along the frozen northern ocast of Skyrim.

Varna (mushroom/whickwheat beer)
This sweeter variation of Matze is saturated with the juice of Marsh Marrow, a sugar cane like weed that grows across Morrowind. Since the Marsh Marrow is not only very sweet, but also saturated with all kinds of minerals from the ashy soil it lives upon, Varna is more than a bit dangerous to the health, but it's low price and wide availability still make it a drug of choise for the poorest of the poor.

Sibiu (Marshmarrow/saltrice beer)
Sibiu is basically Matze saturated with Violet Corpicus. Despite the mushroom's known toxicness, it is widely popular among paupers of the main land, who like to kick back after a hard day of barely making a living off the low-end jobs they can acquire, since it offers pleasant illusions and a generally cozy feeling.

Timisoara (marshmarrow/comberry wine)
A sweet, heavy, moderately intoxicating beverage, Timisoara is popular in most of Indoril and Hlaalu districts. Enterprising Hlaalu merchants have established it as a popular beverage for the youth of Cyrodiil's upper crust, which is something Indoril dislikes, mostly though because Hlaalu doesn't offer them a single septim for what they consider part of *their* heritage.

Siret (Salt Rice liquor)
A liquor of the Deshaan plains, this beverage is popular among all lower-class Dres, slaves, and even some higher-ups, though consuming it is frowned on by Dres Aristocracy and higher-ups.

Ruse (Salt Rice liquor tipped with Moon Sugar)
Made from salt rice, and produced in large quantities, this stronger variant of Siret was originally invented by Khajiit slaves, who drank it in large quantities for the purpose of forgetting aboput the misery they live in. The Moon sugar, which gives this beverage it's distinctive taste and extra-strong effect, is added during destillation, before, the liquor is nothing but ordinary Siret. Producing, let alone selling, it is highly illegal, but still, Ruse is found in most well-off Dres house holds, as it offers many of the pleasant effects of Skooma without the most disastrous side effects, such as corpus infection.

Doneq (sweet salt rice wine)
Doneq is made of a variant of salt rice, the glutinous salt rice, which is sticky when cooked and used to make a variety of cookies, cakes, and dumplings, in southerm Morrowind. Distinct by it's dark brown colour and sweet taste, this is popular through all classes and can be found in any decent pub in dres, indoril, and southern Hlaalun territory.

Khomel (dry salt rice wine)
Khomel is made from normal salt rice, much in the same way as Doneq is. It has a dyer, slightly bitter taste, and is usually served as beverage to traditional dres dishes, such as strider stew, omlette nerevar, and pickled slaughterfish eggs. Outside of Dres territory, it is fairly uncommon to see, and some Hlaalu and even Indoril describe the people of Dres as "bitter as Khomel".

Azura's Tears (Black rose flower tea)
Made from dried Black Rose buds, dired Marsh Marrow, and often saturated with a tip of Moon Sugar, this tea is a moderately powerful love potion(- Willpower, + personality)and egenrally very popular with Azura cultists and temple followers alike. It can be found throughout Morrowind, and is exported as far as Cyrodiil, as certain Dibella cults enjoy it's effects, too.
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

@Hermit
Those are good ideas for drinks!

@GT70sgt
That flask looks good for an exclusive alcoholic drink like an imported Imperial liquor or something. Dunmer booze would have larger bottles I think (guessing from the shape of Mazte, Shein and Sujamma bottles...). I suppose drinks with lots of alcohol would go in those kind of flasks, while wine and beer would rather fit in bigger bottles.

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
shadowmoon

Post by shadowmoon »

going back to nordic drinks having resist cold efects nords are already iune to cold, although i like the idea of a drink that warms you up inside, maybee a small amount of fire damage so the fire explode texture happens when it is drunk.
Dermatalogically Tested
On Animals
Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

With all these new ideas, I think we need at least 10 new bottle meshes! :) Never knew this thread would get so much response in so little time, thank you guys! :D

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

@Shadow moon: Muwahahaha, wouldn't that give the words "fire water" a whole new meaning? Fire water ... what would that be in swedish (Koth? Seran? Any other scandinavian? ;) ).
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

I could get to work on all of those ideas hermit, you want me to model those too??

I could add them to the list of things I need to freakin model..lol

its goona be fun.

someone come up for a name for my flask of something that I made. I just named it authflask...ha ha

maybe Authentic Brandy...??
OMG, I love it....
Glass Katana -- texturing
Thunder Strike -- texturing
Lord's Broadsword -- texturing
Teapots and Others -- 1 completed
5 modeled -- Texturing other 4

I miss my post number... :(
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Prato (cyrodiili corn/aloe sap liquor)
Prato is a strong tasting liquor originally invented by the farmers of the fertile Colovian plains. Brewed by the early legionaires of Colovia, who were the first generation of imperial soldiers sent to recently conquered parts of Tamriel, Prato spread all over Tamriel, eventually.
Few drinks are as much associated with the Legion and the Empire throughoutr it's provinces as Prato. It is known as Legionnaire's Fire in Daggerfall, Emperor's Fury in High Rock, and Fire of the South in Skyrim. It hasn't gained significant popularity with the xenophobic Dunmer yet, but is quite popular with recruits and traders from other provinces, thus mostly found in foreign colonies, legion forts, and imperial-dominated cities. As the name implies, it's very strong, but the Aloe also gives it significant medical capabilities, and legion healers have long used it to help the sick and wounded after battle and on long marches.

Like that, GT70? Hope you do ... ;)

:mrgreen:,

- hermit -
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

added a lid to the Authentic Brandy.

I thought it looked better like this...and it wont pour out in your pocket so it wont make you smell like liquor in front of your mom and get grounded for 2 weeks and not be able to do anything for 2 whole weeks...omg it was so boreing....I mean.....what..

hope you like it.
OMG, I love it....

GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

yes hermit, thats beautiful.....vodka...I also liked the one that was like...it is suppose to kill a full grown guar....idk if you had the work full....but yea...ha ha...its funny...I like it....

I just added too many periods to that last paragraph...

ha ha there I go again...sorry its a bad habbit.
OMG, I love it....

GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

ahh man, if texturing these things isnt fusterating...one messed up pretty bad, im just gonna start over on that one. lol...

I will do more tomarrow tho...guarentee it...cuz its an early out of school...yes im still in school :):(
OMG, I love it....

Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

Could you make the base of the flask a bit larger? I can't help thinking it could fall every minute.

And Hermit's Prato idea is perfect to put in this flask!

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

ok, I will make the prato idea in this one...

oh and how about his big, I dont think it will fall over....its a game...but i changed it.....take a look
OMG, I love it....

Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

Yes that's better :)

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

new models, theres two of them, just in case some cant count...lol

I still need to make textures for them..but now I have 3 models and only one of them is done.
OMG, I love it....

Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

They are both good models. The first one could hold Comberry Beer, the second Comberry Juice :) :lol: I don't know :lol:

I suppose the texturing is the hardest part?

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

no not really, but when you have only done it like 3 times all in all, it can be.

I will find a name for them, maybe some of hermits potions and stuff.
OMG, I love it....

GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

here is the common teapot model, I have to texture it still.
OMG, I love it....

GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

ha ha ha ha, one more model, and no more textures.
Expensive Teapot
OMG, I love it....

Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

I really like those tea pots! :D Time for the afternoon tea in High Rock ... ;)

Hey, have you tried applying other bottle/flask textures to your creations? sometinmes a standard texture looks awesome on something it was never meant to be on!
Elder Mod.

Fthagn.
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

lol, I could try....maybe it would work....but I would have to do the uvw unrap thing because the words would show up in wierd places, like the handle...

but yea, I'll try some, it would make it so I dont have to make so many textures..
OMG, I love it....

Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

Those tea-pots look good. :) It makes me wonder how the "exquisite" tea-pot will look like :D ?

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

idk, im workin on it. I just have to come up with a good idea by playing with it.
OMG, I love it....

Nairb
Developer

Post by Nairb »

I am attaching a picture i drew of some bottle ideas.
GT70sgt

Post by GT70sgt »

I modeled your bottles...lol...if only I could texture these things as fast as I model them, then I would be god. lol check em out. the fourth bottle is on the third page of this thread
Last edited by GT70sgt on Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OMG, I love it....