Khajiit Concept Art Discussion

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

TheLexicon

Khajiit Concept Art Discussion

Post by TheLexicon »

Hey person-who-is-reading-this-post. I figured that Elsweyr/Khajiit really are not getting that much attention, and I think that people should really design more Elsweyr-esque concept art, as this kind of material could totally be used in some TR quests, if the quest-writers think it would be interesting to see a Khajiit-style settlement somewhere near the south-western border of Morrowind.

P.S. I think that the Senche sub-breed are more like Khajiiti centaurs or something, because they are still referred to as intelligent/actual Khajiit by the Khajiit, and I think they can speak like their Suthay cousins.
But that's just my opinion, so it's likely completely stupid.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Elsweyr does not border Morrowind.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

I know that, but what I was thinking is this: What if all the Khajiit and Argonians who somehow escaped House Dres' capture end up settling nearby the border of Morrowind, in their own small, hidden way. They can't cross the border to Black Marsh or Cyrodiil, so instead they settle in a large cave expanse deep in the earth. The village would have influences of both Khajiiti and Argonian architecture and such.

It's just an idea. I hoped that TR would use it so that I feel like I'm helping :P
So how bad is my idea?
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

It would require new models for just one tiny settlement, so it isn't really feasible.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Right, there wouldn't be that much slaves.

But I have another idea.

We could program the town to be like the strongholds in Vvardenfell. It would grow and advance with each slave the player sets free. Obviously, all the slaves heard of it from the inside, but only as myths and such. Then, when you somehow release them from House Dres' enslavement, they move from there to this settlement. So it would be fairly small if the player decided to support House Dres and keep the Khajiit and Argonians enslaved.
It would be up to the programmers whether or not the slaves on Vvardenfell would be reprogrammed to flee to this settlement.
The best part is, it's true to real life history, where the black slaves in southern US get freed and flee to Canada, where they settle because they're safe (sorry if I offended any black people reasing this forum; it was not intended.)

Anyway, I hope this idea gets used so that I feel like I'm actually helping :/
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

That's actually an interesting idea. We won't need any special architecture for such a place though, as it'll make more sense to have it hidden underground somewhere. The Twin Lamps is an organisation that originated from Morrowind, after all, not Elsweyr.

Special models would be neat, but other things, like the Dres architecture set and flora and fauna for the Uld Vraech, Othreleth Woods and Deshaan Plains are of much higher priority.
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

I understand. I didn't say it was high-priority, though. I just thought it could be incorporated into the eighth release, seeing as how that is about House Dres. Glad to see something who likes my ideas! :P

Thanks, Why!! :D