GAH SADRITH INQUISITION - HELP

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Rad

GAH SADRITH INQUISITION - HELP

Post by Rad »

Hello!

I can't seem to finish the gah sadrith inqusition quest. I go to the ruin, meet up with the witchunters, we kill the cultist leader, and save the girl. I get some rewards, or just praise, depending on which witch hunter I talk to, leave the ruin. But the quest stays active.
I'm able to finish the missing fiancee quest normally.

Please help, it bugs me to no end, so much I can't enjoy the game anymore (I'm not the one to leave unfinished business)

:(

What do I have to do after I kill the cultist leader and talk to the witch hunters? I left the ruin, but the quest stayed active.

P.S. How do I fix the map? Lots of land missing. I have all 3 current maps.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: GAH SADRITH INQUISITION - HELP

Post by arvisrend »

What version do you have? And are you using the Morrowind Code Patch? That one has a map fix made extra for Tamriel Rebuilt.
Rad

Post by Rad »

1.2 sacred east, I believe. Nope, not using morrowind code patch atm, but I'll give it a go. Fixing/ending the quest is more important to me.
Rad

Post by Rad »

Update: Got the map. Finished the quest.

How: After killing the cultist leader, I left the ruin WITHOUT talking to any of the 2 witch hunters. Didn't get any quest reward from the witch hunters, but at least my mind is at ease now. The quest is no longer marked as active. If you guys could do something in the next patch/fix/whatever about this, I'll be eternally grateful. If not for me, do it for the other weird people with weird RPG codes of conduct :P

P.S. Thank you Arvisrend for referring me to the morrowind code patch. I can see where I'm going now! :D
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

I think it's the same problem I'd had a while ago - if you teleport out of the ruins, you don't get a final "Finished" entry that triggers when you exit from the entrance. That's unrelated to whether you speak to the inquisitors and is already fixed for the next version, unless it's a different bug.
Rad

Post by Rad »

At first I thought it was related to teleport, because I used Recall on my first try.

However, it turned out to be semi-relevant. The only way to finish the quest is to exit the ruin through the door and NOT talk to any of the witch hunters. You have to exit through the door to get the final journal update, but must not talk.
Last edited by Rad on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Welp! Didn't know that. Next version will still fix it, as it will make the entries you get from talking to the witch unters "Finish" the quest too.
Rad

Post by Rad »

Awesome! Thank you.

By the way, any idea when map 4 is coming up? I haven't even scratched the surface of the current stuff, but I WANT MORE! You people got me addicted... right in the middle of my exams xD
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Because of your exams, we have postponed our next release until at least May 18, probably later. Your GPA will thank us.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Rad

Post by Rad »

Thank you, you're so kind and thoughtful :)
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

I think that was sarcasm, but I could be very right.
But that's just my opinion, so it's likely completely stupid.
Rad

Post by Rad »

Reviving the thread since I didn't want to make a new one.

I've something to ask.

What does Morrowind Script Extender do? I didn't quite understand what was written on the site I downloaded it from, could someone please explain it to me (like you would explain to a small child :D)?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Vanilla Morrowind script is quite limited and there's a lot of things it can't do, or can't do easily. The script extender basically extends the functionality of the vanilla scripting language, allowing scripters to do things they couldn't do before, or do things that were complicated in an easier and more efficient way. The extended script is simply more powerful and flexible than the vanilla script.

I can't really explain it more clearly than that as I've never worked with it myself. We don't use it because we want to keep TR independent of other third-party mods and/or add-ons on the user side, and for the Script Extender to work users need to download and install it. The Script Extender has enabled some wonderful and complicated mods, but we don't really need the extra functionality and script power because we're sticking closer to vanilla style anyway.
Rad

Post by Rad »

so it's basically rocket fuel I don't need in my car? :D
Rad

Post by Rad »

And one last question. Does it alter the difficulty of the game in any way?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Script extender? It does nothing unless a mod uses it. Then it's all up to the mod.
Rad

Post by Rad »

Great, many thanks.