Sacred East

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

it's probably able to scan in-depth and recognizes potentially-dangerous codes inside. Like some lines have been previously used on viruses before, and it detects part of that code in that file...or something, i'm just trying to guess what AVAST is doing.

But Avira Antivir say nothing about it.
Hayabusa153
Developer

Post by Hayabusa153 »

Yeah, don't take it too seriously. Avast will likely detect any .exe file in there and alert to it. Avast is worse than a bloodhound in a war-zone when it comes to alerting at .exe files.
I tried not to use the signature box but it was so big and rectangular!
Orian

Post by Orian »

Thanks for the replies. Avast found the 'virus' only during a start-up scan. I already had another (real) virus, so that's why I decided to do a start-up scan.
I already reinstalled my pc since then (avast couldn't remove the real virus), so I am unfortunately unable to check what it was exactly.

Since noone else has any problems, I guess it was indeed a mistake of avast.
A.J.

Post by A.J. »

Orian wrote:Thanks for the replies. Avast found the 'virus' only during a start-up scan. I already had another (real) virus, so that's why I decided to do a start-up scan.
I already reinstalled my pc since then (avast couldn't remove the real virus), so I am unfortunately unable to check what it was exactly.

*opens archive*

"your PC has contracted ataxia"
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Orian wrote:Thanks for the replies. Avast found the 'virus' only during a start-up scan. I already had another (real) virus, so that's why I decided to do a start-up scan.

I have my Avast set to scan every program(that is being used for the first time or isn't normally on my computer, aka on a flashdrive) it feels/needs to upon opening them(just in-case some program tries to harm my pc). Due to this my Avast scans TESAME, mIRC(which I don't use anymore since Avast claimed it was a hazardous program), and several other programs, but usually it finds nothing and asks me if I want to reopen it normally(after it closes it).

What you experienced is probably just the program being overly cautious(which isn't bad, its actually quite good that its looking at everything).
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Congratulations to all involved on a smashing release!
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Annon
Developer

Post by Annon »

Rejoice!
Etherella

Post by Etherella »

You guys are awesome!
Hope I'll be able to participate really soon now that I have more time.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Just some breaking news. The total number of unique downloads for Sacred East just broke the 10,000 threshold, and is hovering at ~10,800. Way to go, team! :-D With at least one more major patch update planned for this year, I'm positive we'll pass 15,000 by Christmas/New Years, and 20,000 would be great, though a much tougher number to reach.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Prophetional

THANK YOU

Post by Prophetional »

THANK YOU...so much!

I actually had to make an account just to thank the Tamriel Rebuilt team for the amazingly beautiful work you've created. I am a long-time Morrowind player and fan and I am just in awe. (This is the first time I've downloaded the mod--upon Sacred East's release.)

It is so gorgeous, guys. :') I don't even know what to say or have enough words. Thank you!!!

You deserve money. And awards.

(And if your Donation thing is still open, I intend to donate in the near future (once my PayPal acct is done setting up)!)

Much love!
RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 »

So....nothing yet about an update for the Signy Signposts for Sacred East?

I wonder if someone else could update this mod while giving credit to the original creator.
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Ah, this may sound like a pathetic question, but I am extremeley inexperienced with mods, and I downloaded tamriel rebuilt sacred east map 3, and I would have expected it to be in the format of a compressed file except that it comes in the format of the construction set, so I "placed" it into morrowind's datafiles but the game does not recongnise it's there.

I'm probably missing something, what am I doing wrong?
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

When you open the MW launcher there is a button called 'Data Files'. You need to click on it and then activate TR_Mainland.esm and TR_Data.esm and click OK. When you run the game it should work.

Btw, have you registered the bsa? If not you'll have to follow the instructions in the read-me, which are:

Extract TR_Data.bsa, TR_Data.esm, and TR_Mainland.esm to the Morrowind\Data Files\ directory.

You will need to use the BSAreg utility.
Simply run the executable and select TR_Data to be registered.
You may also register the BSA file manually if you prefer, or if BSAReg does not work. To do so, simply open the Morrowind.ini file present in your Morrowind directory and add this line to
the [Archives] section:
Archive X=TR_Data.bsa
Where X is the next available number. If you do not have installed other mods that have BSA files, you should see this:
[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
Archive 2=TR_Data.bsa
(Morrowind.bsa is automatically loaded by the engine regardless of what is or isn't in the [Archive] section, so it is normal if it is not listed.)

This will eliminate the need for messing around with individual .nifs, etc.
Finally, move the bookart and sound folders into data files.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

I checked data files on the launcher but it's not there, only the master plugin, (morrowind), tribunal and bloodmoon,and ah...

BSA files..... What are they?

I've tried downloading TR sacred east from multiple sites but none of these BSA files and registrations and data this that and the other come up. Only thing that get's downloaded is a construction set icon (not just the knife icon alone, but the icon is on a paper icon, if you get what I mean...)
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Well in that case something's gone wrong. Have you followed the links from [url=http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1452358-relz-tamriel-rebuilt-sacred-east-12-5/]the BSF thread[/url]?

The BSA is a file that contains all of the TR models and textures and stuff to save having to manually put them all in the right place. When you download SE you should get TR_Mainland.esm, TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.bsa, plus the readme text file.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Thank's, I'm downloading it from the thread now, but will I have to clear out all my saves before installing?

EDIT- Same outcome, just the knife icon on a paper icon, opening it opens up an empty construction set, and that's pretty much it.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

I'm downloading from MW Nexus right now and it's a .7z file. I don't know what's going on on your side that's making it not be a .7z file

Edit: And I extract the .7z to get a folder with all the goodies inside. I honestly have no idea why this isn't working for you.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Hello! Welcome to the forums!

What program are you using to open the archive that you downloaded? I highly suggest using 7-zip or winrar. Also where are you downloading the file? It shouldn't matter, but for the sake of this tutorial, I'm downloading from the Morrowind Nexus.

Once you open the archive, there should be a folder called "Data Files". In the Morrowind Nexus download, it's buried under the TR_SacredEast_1.2\TR_SacredEast_1.3 folder.

You should drag the "Data Files" folder in the archive to your Morrowind directory, wherever that is. "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind" seems to be the default.

That folder should contain every file you need to play TR. [url=http://imageshack.us/a/img19/6453/54998130.jpg]This is a screenshot[/url] of all the files that are in the Data Files folder. If not, your download is corrupt, or whatever program you're using to decompress the archive isn't reading the file properly. If Windows asks you if you want to merge this folder with the existing Data Files folder, say yes.

The final step is to make an edit to Morrowind.ini in your Morrowind directory. Just open it in notepad and find this section, then add the line I pointed to in [url=http://imageshack.us/a/img542/4662/74793915.jpg]this screenshot[/url].
"Archive 2=TR_Data.bsa"

If you do not do this, you will recieve alot of errors when you try to load the game (in the form of missing meshes and yellow exclamation marks). Do not use the packaged BSAReg.exe utility (absent from the latest nexus download), it is known to not to do this properly.

Once this is done, you should open the Data Files in the Morrowind launcher, it should [url=http://imageshack.us/a/img51/9445/77420024.jpg]look like this[/url]. Check both TR_Data.esm and TR_Mainland.esm, and you should be good to go!

Hopefully that helps. :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Thank you, but that's just the problem, you see I downloaded it from great house fliggerty and once downloaded, it isn't in the form of an archive, but a CS icon, which I don't understand. If it was downloaded in the correct format I shouldn't really have a problem.

EDIT- Great, just great, I can't express how frustrating this is, I knew it would be too good to be true, well for me anyway, it always is...

So it came up as a bookcase but on a paper icon (again), so I decided to archive it, thus an actual bookcase icon was made, I open it, a weird icon on paper is there, so I extract it AND THE BOOKCASE ON A PAPER ICON COMES BACK.

No data files, esms nothing, just the icon

If it helps, when I download it it comes in the format of winrar, not 7. whatever, so is that a problem

Lovely isn't it, this might have actually put me of from playing Morrowind, computers hate me

(I really need to know that if I SOMEHOW GET TR WORKING, must I delete all saves? Since this way I know if I'm wasting my time progressing or not)
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Sorry to hear :(

I don't know what you're seeing. Maybe you want to take a screenshot and show us?

WinRAR and 7zip are just two different programs that open the same type of file (in this case it's a .7z archive, or should be anyways). So that isn't the problem. The game isn't a problem either.

Sounds like your file associatons with the .7z format are messed up and windows is giving you weird icons/doesn't know how to handle the file properly. When you download it from fliggerty, you should have a file called

TR_SacredEast_1.2.7z. The archive is a container that contains the Data Files folder. Regardless of the icon, you should be able to open it with WinRAR. Right click on the file, and from the menu, find "Open With" then select WinRAR.

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img534/6076/69529443.jpg[/img]

Then follow the steps I prescribed to install TR. Don't delete your saves!
-Hippocrates
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Okay, well I'll give it a try, then...

Unfortunately my prt scrn key does not function, which is even better...

The download just basically shows up as the icon in your screenshot, except that the icon in smaller and is on a paper icon, which I don't understand.

EDIT- I opened the archive on paper icon with winrar and an error message appears stating that 'the archive is either in unknown format or damaged'

Also are you sure that I won't need to start new saves once TR in installed? Casue if so then no point playing at this time
cabal

Post by cabal »

Try installing [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP]Gimp[/url] and using it to take a screenshot. The function should be under File -> Create -> Screenshot. And yes, TR works just fine with old saves.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I have no clue. Sounds like your computer is acting up a little :(

Trying my best to help you though. Let me think...

Try opening the archive using [url=http://www.7-zip.org/]7-zip[/url] (a program like WinRAR that extracts archives). Also right-click on the file and go to "Properties". Tell me what it says. How big is the file? Here is what it says for me. I reckon your file is corrupt if it says otherwise. Try downloading from Nexus.

[url=http://imageshack.us/a/img580/6594/95183775.jpg]File properties hould look something like this.[/url]

I can guarantee you that your problem has nothing to do with your Morrowind installation, or your saves.
-Hippocrates
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

I downloaded 7.Z an re-downloaded, I then opened it with 7.Z and DATA FILES IS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the goodies too!

My only question: I'm on XP, and I am not asked to "merge data files" but instead I'm asked if I want to "replace data files"...

What do I do?!?!

Also, what is morrowind.ini? I can't find anything with that name in the directory

EDIT- I manually placed the stuff where they should go in data files, I just don't know what morrowind.ini is

EDIT- I found it and added in archive 2=TM_Data.bsa and it works! Just the map is screwed up in those areas but IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!! I have no idea how much TR has to offer, but I'm sure I'll find out soon, thank you al for your help and the creators of TR

My final question...

I'm thikning of geting the increased view distance but will this lag up my game? I remember playing in solteim view distance maxed would lag like hell
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Glad you got it to work! :)

Replace or merge folders in XP is the same thing. Nothing in the original Morrowind Data Files folder is repalced by TR Stuff so saying yes to replace won't actually replace anything.

To address the "map being screwed up", I assume you're referring to the part where the easternmost parts of the mainland are cut off? This is a game-engine limitation that is fixed using the Morrowind Code Patch ([url=http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/19510/]download here[/url]). Simply extract the archive to the Morrowind directory (in a similar fashion as with TR), and run the .exe file. There's a whole wad of little tweaks you can make to the game, but the critical one you want to checkmark is the "Map Expansion (for Tamriel Rebuilt)" under "Interface changes". It fixes the map being cut off, at the expense of making it appear a little smaller.

As for your last question regarding lag using MGEXE distant land, it's all dependent on your specs. If you're lagging badly in vanilla Solstheim, you might have an issue with some of our later releases which are much.

But it's a tough question to answer not knowing your PC's specs, and how much you intend to increase view distance by.
-Hippocrates
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Yes, I'm very familiar with MCP, a very handy tool indeed. Thank you for that hint on the map re-sizing.

My laptop can only hold a maximum of what, 52GB or something? It's extremely old and makes a very loud noise, so I'd expect it to lag, but as for view distance I'd just like it increased 4x, I know the FPS optimizer works 2x further but I actually can't see a difference at all.

Is the sacred east meant to add landscape all around vvardenfell or just adds landscape to the east, since my map only shows land to the east even with the mpc map resizer
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

At TR, each of our releases adds more content onto the already-released files. Sacred East is our third release, and, coincidentally, we are working from the top-right of the province in a U-shape to the top-left. So you aren't missing anything if you see the landscape cut off there... we just haven't released more yet :-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Okay, thank you!