i3-253-Ind

Moderator: Lead Developers

Vengyre
Developer

Post by Vengyre »

See below, forgot to actually claim it :>
Last edited by Vengyre on Tue May 28, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

You need to click the "claim" button :) .
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Vengyre
Developer

Post by Vengyre »

^ ty, forgot the most important part!

I would like to claim this as my first claim. The rooms are done, I am going to fill them. At the first floor there will be an alchemy shop with many quality items (since it looks like a major shop), and at the second floor there will be an alchemist's home. He is rich and has a quite large library.

He used to be a Mages Guild member, but not a very good mage - some of his old self-enchanted items found here can clearly show it. But he was a decent alchemist, and found out that he's a good trader, so he left the guild business and opened a store. Since his trading skills are above his alchemy skills, there are no too good potions, but lots of rare ingredients he gets from many gatherers at relatively cheap prices.

Self-enchanted items won't be strong - actually, they will be almost useless, but very flavorful and well protected (level 75 lock). He keeps them as a reminder when he wants to retire from business for a more adventurous life.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Be careful not to make the library too large or rich. Some books can sell for a lot of gold and this shouldn't be a literary treasure trove ;)
Vengyre
Developer

Post by Vengyre »

Sure. I am thinking about making the second floor locked with a mid-range lock (40-50), due to stupid nature of Morrowind npc that let you steal whatever you want (in the later games they follow you), but it will make robbing this shop incredibly hard without killing the owner, due to ladder's place.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Hey this sounds great, so I'm going to go ahead and grant this. Just be mindful of what Aeven said; don't go overboard on the books, and keep the alchemical tools at journeyman at best.

And actually, don't actually lock any doors, but when you post your final version of the finished file, make a note about the locked doors.

The reason for this is that having already locked doors can get screwy when it comes to merging the interiors (iirc.)
So yeah, just make sure you post what the locks should be when you upload your final version.

Happy modding! :D
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Vengyre
Developer

Post by Vengyre »

Done (hope so), most of the books do not worth much, 2 x skill book, full set of Journeyman apparel at the second floor (not for trade), some enchanted items that are mostly for flavor (they can have some use, though). At the bottom floor its a medium shop with some rare ingredients and mostly common/cheap potions. No bleedings/floats detected, but maybe I am wrong, didn't make any breaks so it is possible that I've missed something while was checking.
Had to revamp the original architecture a bit, since there were holes in the 2nd floor's stair.
Not sure if the ladder, or/and bar door should be locked, it's mostly up to you. One of this - most likely, since the second floor worths quite much.
Damn, accidentaly double-uploaded, since I thought I uploaded the wrong file (unclean one).
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Wow that was fast, I like it!

Off to review!
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: -Northmarker slightly off angle. A neat way to check the proper angle of the NM in an interior is to open the exterior shell and check the Z-rotation value. In this case it's 8.5. Subtract that from 360 and you have your Z-rotation value for your NorthMarker.

First Floor
-Adjusted the window a tad so it doesn't look like it's bleeding in too much.
-Rotated rug a bit.
-I'm not really sure about the way the bar goes into the columns like that. I left it, perhaps whoever does the final can say something?
-Added some details on the counter. Candles for lighting, paper under some ingredients.

Second Floor
-TR_furn_de_r_chair floats minorly. Noticing alot of problems with this particular mesh, it needs to be F'd twice.
-Furn_De_r_Table_09 was floating.
-misc_de_bowl_bugdesign_01 was resting on its' point.
-Gold_001 was floating.
-Fixed another window here. Mostly nitpicking I suppose.

Comments This is a good start! There are a few iffy things that I wasn't too sure of. Particularly the amount of books in his library. Perhaps someone more knolwedgeable can speak for me on this? Maybe just one shelf instead of two. I don't think he should have complete sets of books, maybe a 2 or 3 volumes of a particular volume. I like how it sort of hints at her/his scholarly background, perhaps still a pasttime of theirs on top of their alchemy. I could see a potential low-level MG quest hook here dealing with research.

Also try and cut down on the amount of custom objects you need to make. I left them as is, but see if you can subsitute them with generic items/containers that fulfill a similar purpose.

Also there were a few spots that needed bits of detail, but that was more of a personal thing.

Keep at it. Not a bad start! Fixed all the major errors here.

Rating
Attachments
TR_i3-253-Ind_Vengyre_2.esp
(23.87 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Just want to say how happy I am to see you reviewing again Swiftoak.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Moving to N/A until we decide what to do with Alma claims.