Where are the music scripts for morrowind. Please Help.

Place where the game's audio assets are produced.

Moderators: Gesshoku, Lead Developers

drfroth

Where are the music scripts for morrowind. Please Help.

Post by drfroth »

I know that the music is pulled randomly from the explore folder in music (and from the battle one during battle) but I can not find the script that governs this.

I know there has to be one...otherwise how would the game know to play music from the battle folder when you were in combat.

I have checked the .ini file and have gone over the global scripts in the editor but I can not find it. Scripting for dummies did not list anything either.

If someone knows how this works it would really help.

Thanks.
Just when you think it's all ducks and checkers, the salamander begins to frolic in the eggnogg.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I always figured that the music was hard coded
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

yep, its a hardcoded game mechanic. i think there may be scripts that allow you to play specific music, but i dont know where they would be or how well they work.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Re: Where are the music scripts for morrowind. Please Help.

Post by Gez »

drfroth wrote:I know that the music is pulled randomly from the explore folder in music (and from the battle one during battle) but I can not find the script that governs this.
[url=http://www.hex-rays.com/idapro/]Here's what you need to find it.[/url]
Don Bernardo
Developer

Post by Don Bernardo »

Hmmm. Are we any better off in Oblivion then, for scripting music?

I think I remember reading Macar as saying that in Oblivion all music except for Battle music can be scripted to a specific region.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

In Morrowind too. Wizards Islands uses this. But it's clunky.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Are you saying that we can't have a specific piece of music play at a specific time of the day? Like if I picked a selections songs to play between 6am and 8pm and nightly music to play from 8pm to 6am, that wouldn't work? Because that's something I would really love. Kinda like how Daggerfall is.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

not naturally, no. its possible through some pretty advanced scripting, but even then its buggy.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Faalen
Developer

Post by Faalen »

It isn't so much buggy as it is annoying. Music that is forced to play automatically resets the music volume to full in the options menu, and there's no way to change that setting via script. In other words, every time music is forced to play, the player will have to readjust their settings. It wouldn't be that hard to do a time of day music script; it would just drive any player whose volume isn't normally all the way up insane, resulting in an unpleasant and immersion-breaking experience.

EDIT: This is for Morrowind, naturally. I haven't the foggiest idea how Oblivion's music works.
Q1-77-Tel current progress:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=266462#266462]Journals 100% done.[/url]
Practical implementation is now underway.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Faalen wrote:It isn't so much buggy as it is annoying. Music that is forced to play automatically resets the music volume to full in the options menu, and there's no way to change that setting via script. In other words, every time music is forced to play, the player will have to readjust their settings. It wouldn't be that hard to do a time of day music script; it would just drive any player whose volume isn't normally all the way up insane, resulting in an unpleasant and immersion-breaking experience.
That's been fixed with the Morrowind Code Patch.
jonnblaze

Post by jonnblaze »

Are we any better off in Oblivion then, for scripting music?????
"[url=http://www.allmobilespec.com/search/result/apple]apple store[/url]
[url=http://www.allmobilespec.com/search/result/nokia]nokia suite[/url]
[url=http://www.allmobilespec.com/search/result/LG]lg india[/url]
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Why did you revive a thread that's been dead for several years? We don't do Oblivion anyway.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined