Recruiting and advertising: any plans?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Recruiting and advertising: any plans?

Post by arvisrend »

Now that the SE 1.5 release has pushed us back into people's consciousness, we've got an opportunity to call for help without it sounding like a death scream. I think we should this opportunity ASAP, but it's probably best to agree first what exactly we want to prioritize on. My suggestions, in this order:

- Concept artists. I'm particularly interested in creature concepts, because my (un)levelled lists are hungry. But I would like someone with a wider perspective to tell what is really important.

- Modellers, particularly those able to make creatures. (I've just been told that Lord Berandas, who has contributed showcases and bugreports so far AFAIR, is one of the few who are. But even if we can "activate" him we'll need more.)

- Questers and NPCers who are able to write Morrowind-compatible dialogue or even expand the lore. (I am not saying we don't have a use for scripters, but we don't exactly have a lack of them in this project.)

What else?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

put out a call for int makers. We have them but we can always use more with the almalexia upon us
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Re: Recruiting and advertising: any plans?

Post by Lud »

arvisrend wrote: - Questers and NPCers who are able to write Morrowind-compatible dialogue or even expand the lore. (I am not saying we don't have a use for scripters, but we don't exactly have a lack of them in this project.)
I'm interested in doing a small quest or two again if there's any going. Are there any areas in need of misc quests at present? :)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

arvisrend wrote: - Modellers, particularly those able to make creatures. (I've just been told that Lord Berandas, who has contributed showcases and bugreports so far AFAIR, is one of the few who are. But even if we can "activate" him we'll need more.)
There should be someone to set up claims and decide what artistic direction we want to take, like on the new southern areas. Progress somewhat halted since nobody knows what to do. Nemon has some test cells with stuff for the dres area, but has that been approved or do we need something else. What flora and fauna do we need. Questions enough before we can ask people to make certain things.
--Mwgek--
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

@Lud: Can you look at Enamor Dayn and Gorne and try to figure out some good quest ideas for those places? We're lacking quest designs ATM, not so much implementation. The [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24011]House Indoril thread[/url] should help you see what's appropriate. (Bosmora has enough quests.)

@Mwgek: we have that other-kind-of-velk concept and also a rough idea of retextured shalk for the Armun Ashes. IIRC we should have more suggestions for critters lurking deep in the forums.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

And we still need the striped guar for the Deshaan Plains! :p

Also I have some ideas for a few architecture meshes.
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

On top of all the project-internal stuff, I'd like to strongly reiterate the need for a web tech savvy person, [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=315602#315602]as explained here[/url].