i3-738-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-738-Ind

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-738-Ind (#2585)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-3-Ind (#107)
Claimed by: 6plus
Files: TR_i3-738-Ind_6plus_1.esp; TR_i3-738-Ind_Exovian_1.esp; TR_i3-738-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Cave. (27,-26) To replace a missing interior for a NPC claim currently in reviewing, so this is a rather high priority claim at the moment.

Notes per arvisrend: "This is very close to the border with TR_Mainland, with the shrine of Ald Niripal on the other side. It would probably be fun if this cave would connect to the shrine, if only to thwart our habit of never having things go across ext claim borders."

This would be cool. Let's make this happen, team!

Local map: http://i.imgur.com/6pzYE3K.jpg

Latest exterior file from: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21208
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Unlocking, yo.
Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

I'll take a crack at it. Beyond simply being a cave, maybe with a few Daedric bits toward the Ald Niripal connection, is there any other information to know, stemming from the NPC claim (who lives here, what they're doing with it, etc)?
Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

Oh, here's the actual claim message.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Grant. Not at my computer right now, so I can't check on those details... Best bet would be to just check the actual claim file. It's in reviewing so everything should be in place.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I am not sure how to deal with the technicalities; IMHO it's better to have this file depend on TR_Mainland.esp, because it will have to build into Ald Niripal, while the door to the outside is easily done at mergetime.

Here's some of the geography: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/832 ... iripal.png (the maps are made by OpenMW, whence the strange colors). It's probably best for the cave to connect with the Flooded Chambers, but these chambers will need some significant editing. Skah will probably have the last word on this.
Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

Ok, it's been a week, so here's the obligatory "I'm still here" post.

My plan is to put a Daedric door in the very lowest part of the Flooded Chambers, facing north. It would go to a large flooded chamber with Daedric wreckage and kollops strewn about. Toward the top it would open out into a small tunnel leading to the outside door, maybe with a skeleton with low-level stuff nearby.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Sounds good but now it's been a month! Anything to update?
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

Yep, have a WIP file right here. I have the basic layout done, but appropriate ruble placement is proving difficult. Given that, I'd put this at maybe 25-30% done. Dependency is TR_Mainland, as per arvisrend's advice. I'll come back from a trip to relatives tomorrow, and I think I can push this to at least halfway done by Wednesday.

I'm not sure about the length of some of the tunnels, so if you have any thoughts on that, I'm open. The cell name is "Ald Niripal, Grotto", if I recall.
Attachments
TR-i3-738-Ind.ESP
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Down with de_p tyranny! Use "TR_furn_de_p" pieces for flat, hassle free surfaces. Thanks, Melchior!

"I have long held the opinion that if people want to get in over their heads and die they should be given that option." -Thrignar Fraxix
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Hi Exovian, how's the claim going? Not trying to be pushy, but having this done within this week would likely result in a very speedy review and merge.
Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

Hey arvisrend! Sorry for not getting back to you, I'm sitting down right now to do some more work. Shape's done, cluttering is coming, though rubble is not exactly my cup of tea. If desired, I can try for a Friday completion. While I'm working, I've got two questions:

One, is it my job to put in creatures (fish, probably), or does that come in at a different stage? If so, what types are desired?

Two, what are your thoughts on the two longer upward tunnels? I'm wondering if they possibly should be shortened a bit.
Down with de_p tyranny! Use "TR_furn_de_p" pieces for flat, hassle free surfaces. Thanks, Melchior!

"I have long held the opinion that if people want to get in over their heads and die they should be given that option." -Thrignar Fraxix
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

No, creatures are not your job (I'd not place any fish there seeing the lack of an in-/outflow; but daedra in the not-completely-submerged parts will sure make some sense).

Whether the tunnels should be shortened should depend on whether you have enough ideas to make them not too monotone. I assume at least the lower one needs some Daedric rubble.

Thanks for keeping up the work! Friday might even be a bit too early; but either way, keep to the pace that doesn't stress you out.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hey Evoxian! A few process-specific things:

1) Please make your file dependent on Morrowind.esm, Tribunal.esm, Bloodmoon.esm and TR_Data.esm only, don't load TR_Mainland.esm alongside it. This is because there's nothing in TR_Mainland.esm you need, and in order to properly merge your file into the mod that dependency needs to be manually removed. I wouldn't worry about removing it from your current file, but just so you know for your next interior claim.

2) Please upload your WIP files into the claim header. You should be able to upload files there. It makes it way easier to keep track of your work without having to go look through the file for whatever .esp upload in a post somewhere is the latest version.

Creatures and NPCs are added during the NPC stages, so don't worry about them. If you have any specific ideas for NPCs or quests, by all means post them here in the thread, and they'll be taken into account during NPCing!

About the tunnels, I have no idea, because I can't open your file since I don't have TR_Mainland.esm. Actually, as a modder, you really should use TR_Mainland.esp anyway as it's more up-to-date. The file is only converted from .esp to .esm upon release.

edit: arvisrend tells me this is a special case and using TR_Mainland.esm is acceptable here, ask him for the specifics!
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Why's comment 1 isn't valid for this particular claim, as it is an extension of a ruin already in the Mainland. He is right that TR_Mainland.esp, rather than TR_Mainland.esm, should be used as dependency; but that can be fixed in 2 minutes before merging, so Exovian shouldn't care about it too much.

@Exovian: one thing that you *do* need to know (sorry for not mentioning it earlier!) is that if you have removed any of the already existing statics from the Mainland file, they will all reappear after the merge. So you should ideally keep a list of which statics you want to be deleted so that I can delete them again.
Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

Thank you both. I've kept a .txt file of any changes made to preexisting cells (just one deleted static, I think). I'll include that with the completed cell. For future reference, where can I find the updated Mainland esp?

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=314345#314345
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

That file will be outdated as of tonight, though I haven't touched anything that would interfere with this int so it should bve okay.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

Ok, I'll wait until that file gets updated, and then switch the dependency.

Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

Updated to 90%. I'll sleep on it and probably add a few plants or bits of rubble, and do some testing. Should be an easy finish tomorrow.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Any possibility this could be finished today Exovian? It's an integral part of our looming release.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Revoked. High priority, so anyone who can take a stab at this would be appreciated.
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

Claiming

Would like to work off Exovian's file.

Will add rocks, plants, sound activators, maybe one or two lights (just for the mood) and only a little bit of loot.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Granting. Have fun!
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

Finished
Attachments
Merge Notes TR_i3-738.txt
(504 Bytes) Downloaded 101 times
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Late send to review.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TESAME: Dirty

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Some containers were bleeding a bit much.

Comments In the future please be sure to keep your interiors named TR_i###. They are named real names at a later date. If you have to have a name for it, please make sure you list in your instructions or in your submission post what the cell name is.

Rating
Attachments
Clean TR_i3-738-Ind_6plus_1.esp
(19.71 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Approving. I assume the second cell is supposed to just be a door and a marker correct? Also I renamed the cells.
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:I assume the second cell is supposed to just be a door and a marker correct?
That, and one dae_wall piece should be deleted (blocks the door).