Morrowind crash - .ini file is according TR readme file

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Willhoofd

Morrowind crash - .ini file is according TR readme file

Post by Willhoofd »

As a true Elder scrolls fan I really want to explore the rest of morrowind. I have been trying to get this mod working for a several hours now and have tried many things to fix the problem.

So here is my problem:
Missing meshes/animation groups when I travel from Sadrith Mora for example.

Of course my archive section looks like:

[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
Archive 2=TR_Data.bsa

I have followed the readme file. I have no other mods installed. I really dont get what the problem is.

Could anyone please help me. Do you guys need more information?[/img]
Attachments
.ini file.png
(203.4 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I know this sounds like the most obvious thing, but is TR_Data.esm checked in your Morrowind launcher? From your ini file (under Game Files) it doesn't seem to be loaded. Also, is TR_Data.bsa in the Data Files directory? Did you accidentally rename them? Or is TR_Data.bsa in the Morrowind root folder?

TR_Mainland.esm and TR_Data.esm should both be in your Morrowind/Data Files folder. Along with the BookArt and Sound folders that come with TR_Data.

Your ini seems correct so that's the only possible reason I could think of. Especially since you're not running any other mods.

Hope that helps.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

If you're running Windows Vista or later, make sure you haven't installed Morrowind to the default Program Files location provided by your PC. Instead, install it to a custom folder on the C drive (called Games or something like that). Otherwise, Windows will only allow you to edit the .ini in the Program Files (x86) folder, and the changes won't carry through to the real version.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Willhoofd

Post by Willhoofd »

@ swiftoak: As i said i followed the readme file (several times) so all the files are in the right directory's. Also its checked in the morrowind launcher.

@Bloodthirsy: Im runnig windows 7 and I have morrowind installed in program files. So i guess thats the problem. Is there anyway I can uninstal the game and keep my save games?

Thanks for the help so far guys!
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Your saves are in the "Saves" subfolder of your MW installation, so you should just copy them and move them into the Saves subfolder of your new install. Don't forget to backup your Morrowind.ini; it contains a list of mods active in your game (though with MW in "Program Files", I suspect you don't have many of them running).