Almalexia Misc Quest Line

Developing the city of Almalexia. Currently on HIATUS.

Moderator: Lead Developers

6plus
Developer

Almalexia Misc Quest Line

Post by 6plus »

So, the idea was to have a few independent, but still connected misc quests in a district of Almalexia.

Quest #1: the player has to search for some items that have been cheated out of a collector

Quest #2: the player has to find a missing man, and after finding him has to get ingredients for an antidote

Quest #3: the player has to convince a wife that her husband is not cheating on her

Quest #4: the player has to find and rescue a kidnapped woman

Quest #5: the player has to investigate into a burglary, find the stolen goods and return them

Those five quests are connected by the fifth quest. This final quest shouldn't be available from the start, but become available after finishing quests #1 and #2, which are most strongly connected to the fifth quest. The quests #3 and #4 are only loosely connected to the fifth quest and are the 'side quests' of this quest line.

The pdf-document explains the quests in detail, and the plugin contains a rough sketch of the 'central' interior for this quest line.

Feedback, ideas, commments are welcome.
Attachments
Almalexia Misc Quest Line.pdf
(48.29 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
TR_Alma_Tunnel.ESP
coc "TR Tunnel"
(13.46 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Almalexia Misc Quest Line

Post by arvisrend »

I like the suggestions a lot apart from maybe #4. Some quick comments;

- Please don't name NPCs "Theman". That was funny at most once.

- Do we actually have skyrenders in the game? If not, is skyrender venom to stay?

- With a high enough alchemy level, the player should be able to call BS on Arns' grocery list and just hand him the two or so ingredients that are actually necessary (the rest Arns obviously wants for himself, aka "to refine the solution").

- As I said I'm not very happy with Alien Abduction because trapdoors under basements leading to long-forgotten caves, monsters abducting humans for nom-nom and ladies in distress are three rather stale tropes. The UFO allusions are nice but IMHO should be left to a different quest.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Love quests where you stand in for someone else and are given the option to spectacularly fail it with stupid answers :>

"Little green men" phrased as such sounds way too obvious/immersion-breaking. Maybe less so if coming from (very dumb/high) human NPCs?

Didn't understand all about the last quest, but technical detail on the link with the first ones: how exactly do you direct to it? After having completed those two, it's likely the PC's been around Almalexia a while and won't be asking about latest rumours in quarters they've already completed. Using greetings is a good idea, but I wouldn't assume at this point that players will still be talking to random, non-quest related NPCs in the surroundings. Maybe put a few guards in front of the manor, or some other clues to make it clear something's going on (too much work into a quest that developed for it to be a too easily missed easter egg)
6plus
Developer

Re: Almalexia Misc Quest Line

Post by 6plus »

arvisrend wrote:Please don't name NPCs "Theman". That was funny at most once.
Names are of course not final (I picked them randomly)
arvisrend wrote:As I said I'm not very happy with Alien Abduction because trapdoors under basements leading to long-forgotten caves, monsters abducting humans for nom-nom and ladies in distress are three rather stale tropes. The UFO allusions are nice but IMHO should be left to a different quest.
IMO Almalexia is THE place to do such a quest, 'cause there are already little green men, unless we want to place more goblins in other cities.
rot wrote:Didn't understand all about the last quest, but technical detail on the link with the first ones: how exactly do you direct to it? After having completed those two, it's likely the PC's been around Almalexia a while and won't be asking about latest rumours in quarters they've already completed. Using greetings is a good idea, but I wouldn't assume at this point that players will still be talking to random, non-quest related NPCs in the surroundings. Maybe put a few guards in front of the manor, or some other clues to make it clear something's going on (too much work into a quest that developed for it to be a too easily missed easter egg)
Guards are a good idea, and about the greetings: I'm sure players will still talk to merchants and maybe to faction people