Writing Request/Review Thread for Claims

Place where in-game literature is written and developed.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

TR_i3-272

Here is the text, if anyone has the time, please look it over and fix things so that Thrig can include the new text in his approved version.

Collected Works

<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
''These are the collected works of [[Name of poet who lives in i3-272]].''<br>
<br>
<br>
Gharsh the Orc<br>
<br>
Gharsh Tough<br>
Gharsh Strong<br>
Gharsh Tall<br>
Gharsh Loyal<br>
<br>
Gharsh Ugly<br>
Gharsh Slow<br>
Gharsh Clumsy<br>
Gharsh Stupid<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Cold<br>
<br>
"It's awfully cold in Skyrim."<br>
The Wood Elf said to me<br>
"So cold that even Nords feel it!"<br>
<br>
I found that hard to believe<br>
<br>
"It's true"<br>
"They really do feel the cold in Skyrim"<br>
<br>
<br>
"Just because Nords don't moan and complain"<br>
"Doesn't mean they don't feel cold inside"<br>
<br>
<br>
So I went and asked a Nord<br>
Who fiercely denied it<br>
So that's the end of that<br>
<br>
<br>

The Ancestral Tomb

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
[Most of the scroll is an untidy mess of illegible handwriting and crossings out. However, you are able to read a few phrases]<br>
<br>
Creepy Passageways<br>
Dusty Steps<br>
Creaky Doors<br>
Scary Ghosts<br>
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

For i3-711-Ind I'd like to include a book of accounts. I assume:

[This book contains accounts for i3-711 Manor]

... is fine?

(obviously i3-711 would have to be replaced by the guy doing the NPCing when the name of the manor is decided)
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

That would be more than fine, it'd be preferable. :)
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

Hello I'm making main offices of the ECC ([url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12345&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]) and previous modder said that there should be a list of books but I'm unsure what should be in these:

EEC Articles of Incorporation (mentioned in EEC Stock Certificate from BM)
EEC By-laws (also in Stock Certificate)
Account Book(past, present)

(You might want to look at the int or the other books, use the link above)
Completed Morrowind Interiors: 47
The trice sealed house withstands the storm.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

A book would look like this:

Code: Select all

[This book details the various by-laws of the East Empire Company.]
<BR> 
That's it. If you wanted to be more detailed, you could. Normally it's just that simple for books with boring text. These books are not added to BoT, they are just part of the claim. This means they don't go through any kind of formal review process.

Have fun, just remember the rules for naming.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

The poet idea for i3-272-Imp hasn't really worked out, so I've replaced it with an Imperial historian writing a very pro-Imperial history of Ebonheart. The first volume is finished and published, so should be available in all good Imperial bookshops. The second volume is an unfinished manuscript, so should be unique to i3-272.

~~~~

Ebonheart: A History – Volume One

Aurelia Draconis

Ebonheart. An ancient Dark Elven city destroyed by pride and folly. A bustling port and a symbol of Imperial commercial prowess in the wild East. Ebonheart is both these things and more.

Firm historical records concerning the Ebonheart of old are hard to come by. It is presumed that most of the documents that might prove of interest to historians were kept within the city itself and subsequently lost in the great fire that consumed Ebonheart at the beginning of this Third Era. Sadly most of what remains is incoherent and largely apocryphal.

Ebonheart was a great city of the Dark Elf people, built sometime in the First Era along with its great rival, the city of Mournhold. It is said that the two cities continually competed with each other for the right to call themselves the most beautiful in all Morrowind. When the King of Ebonheart demolished a row of houses to build a statue garden, the King of Mournhold would knock down an entire quarter and hire the finest sculptors in all Tamriel. It is unfortunate indeed that no paintings exist of Ebonheart at its height, for they would surely command pride of place in the Museum of Tamriel in the Imperial City!

Whilst the accounts are vague in their exact details, it seems clear that by the closing decades of the Second Era Ebonheart was a shadow of its former self. Although many of its most stunning pieces of architecture were still standing, the passage of time had not been kind to them. Mournhold had long since eclipsed Ebonheart as the cultural, political, economic and religious capital of Morrowind, and the money and will to restore Ebonheart were completely absent. It was at that point when the leaders of Morrowind, the Tribunal, signed the Armistice with Tiber Septim and Morrowind became part of the Empire of Tamriel.

The men and women of Cyrodiil have a knack for business, so when the lands of the East opened up for the first time many Imperials jumped at the chance to visit these strange places and hopefully make a bit of money as well These link-minded individuals formed the East Empire Company and dispatched a delegation to Ebonheart to negotiate the setting up of a trading post in the city. Ebonheart is very well positioned on the mouth of the great Thirr river, so most of the trade from inland Morrowind to the rest of Tamriel passes through its gates. The EEC hoped to kick-start this trade, which had languished under years of neglect.

As the delegation made its way overland across the Valus Mountains and up through Morrowind they were impressed by the Dark Elves they met and their willingness to integrate with the Empire and its trading routes. At Almas Thirr they boarded a ferry making its way north along the river to Ebonheart, their mood optimistic and their thoughts of cooperation and the benefits thereof. But as they neared their destination they saw the sky fill with smoke and their good mood disappeared like a tiny pebble thrown into a vast river flowing towards a city ablaze.

~~~~~

Ebonheart: A History – Volume Two

Aurelia Draconis

[This manuscript is clearly unfinished. The margins are full of corrections and alterations, and some of the handwriting towards the end is barely legible.]

The first volume of this book covered the history of Ebonheart up until the opening years of the Third Era of Tamriel. This volume continues the story to the present day.

To fully understand the devastation that befell Ebonheart at the beginning of the Third Era one must understand the mindset of the Indoril. The Indoril are a Great House, or tribe, of the Dark Elf people. They live mainly in central-eastern area of the mainland, and at one time were the most powerful of all the tribes of Morrowind. Although they had fallen into decline during the latter part of the Second Era they still held arguably the two greatest cities in Morrowind – Mournhold and Ebonheart – and as a result many of the Indoril looked down upon other Dark Elves as inferior, holding members of other races in complete contempt. They did not take the Armistice bringing Morrowind into the Empire well.

Although Mournhold suffered from the mass ritual suicides of the Indoril leadership it escaped relatively unscathed compared to its old rival Ebonheart. Every Dark Elf of noble blood in that city elected not only to destroy themselves but to destroy their homes as well. Bizarre though that may seem to the sensibly-minded modern reader, one must bear in mind that the nobles had been indoctrinated in their xenophobic and arrogant beliefs since birth and couldn’t accept that working alongside members of other races for the good of all was the right thing to do.

So the nobles built funeral pyres in their mansions. They stood on top and committed suicide with poison or ritual blade. Then loyal servants and retainers lit the pyres and spread the flames throughout the mansion district of Ebonheart. However, fires were soon raging out of control. They spread first to the market district and then to the poorer districts. In less than three hours the entire city was ablaze. Thousands escaped with nothing apart the clothes they were wearing. Thousands more perished in the flames.

By the time the East Empire Company delegation arrived in Ebonheart the fire was mostly out, but nothing of the once beautiful city remained. But the people of Cyrodiil are nothing if not ambitious. The delegates realized that they could rebuild Ebonheart from the ashes and make it magnificent once again.

With no government in Mournhold to consult, the EEC members turned instead to the Imperial Legion, which had a large presence in Morrowind to oversee the integration into the Empire. Plans were drawn up and the construction began in less than a month. By the end of the year there was a mighty fortress at the mouth of the Thirr river to serve as the Legion base for the whole of Morrowind and to deter pirates and smugglers from disrupting trade. In less than five years there was a bustling city in the Colovian style surrounding the fortress.

The new city was the first port of call for all foreigners seeking to move to Morrowind, but it was such a good place to live that many stayed there instead of moving to the backward Dark Elf cities! The Legion fortress across the Inner Sea on the island of Vvardenfell had been named Ebonheart, so the new city on the site of the original became known as Old Ebonheart.

Old Ebonheart continued to grow in scale and importance… [The rest of the manuscript is a completely illegible mess. Clearly the author has yet to finish it.]
Last edited by Terrifying Daedric Foe on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Osidian
Reviewer

Post by Osidian »

Some generic books for my claim:

TR_bk_m4-391_EECLedger "East Empire Company Ledger"

[This ledger lists transactions by the East Empire Company in Septim's Gate Fort] <BR>
TR_bk_m4-391_PrisonLedger "Prison Ledger"

[This book contains meticulous and up-to-date records of all the prisoners ever kept in Septim's Gate Fort's prison, the reasons for imprisonment and length of imprisonment.]<BR>
TR_bk_m4-391_SeizedGoodsLedger "Seized Goods Ledger"

[This book contains meticulous records of seized goods in Septim's Gate Fort and their estimated value.]<BR>

Should I change anything?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TDF: make sure you add another L to Vvardenfell near the end of that piece in the CS. It has two Ls.

Osidian: in TR_bk_m4-391_PrisonLedger "Prison Ledger", add a comma after "reasons for imprisonment". We use Oxford commas at TR!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Cookie recipe sitting on the desk in my bakery claim. TR_i3_722

"One dozen cookies
<BR>
<BR>
-Three scoops of wickwheat flour
<BR>
-One scoop of sugar
<BR>
-One handful of holly berries
<BR>
-Two Kwama eggs
<BR>
-A pinch of willow anther
<BR>
<BR>
Enjoy!"
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Edited it for you. You had capitalized a lot of words that didn't need it, and also misspelled wickwheat.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

Two books for i3-13, a temple supplier

Order book:

[This book lists previous and current business transactions of {insert company name}.]<BR>
Stock record:

[This book shows the current stocks, as well as dates and counts of received and shipped wares of {insert company name}.]<BR>
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Make sure when those are added that the "insert company name" has been replaced with an actual name ;-)

Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

For i3-90-Ind (Almalexia Guild of Mages)

1. A Recipe for mushroom cultivation

Best recipe yet:<BR>
<BR>
Soil - five shovels<BR>
Ashsalts - one handfull<BR>
<BR>
Mix ashsalts with soil and inoculate spores<BR>
OR add a whole, fresh mycelium.<BR>
Keep moist at all times if cultivating mushrooms from the Bitter Coast!<BR>
<BR>
---------<BR>
Note: dried mushrooms can be used for transplantation as well if sufficiently soaked for many days in a dark spot!<BR>

2. A Study on Nightshade

An Examination of the Magical Properties of<BR>
Nightshade<BR>
<BR>
Presumed effects<BR>
(according to Hardin's Special Flora of Tamriel)<BR><BR>
<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><BR>
- Causes damage to subject's health<BR>
+ Fortifies subject's acrobatical skills or his ability to sneak?<BR>
+ Renders the subject invisible?<BR>
<BR>
After having prepared a series of concoctions, I must conclude that Hardin's report on this peculiar plant can not be completely verified. Unlike its closest relative, the bittergreen plant, this plant does not render the subject invisible when mixed with lloramor spines. My research has shown that it has no effect on one's agility or speed, nor do the various skills one would expect a thief to have benefit from the intake of any part of this plant.<BR><BR>
However, the effect this plant is best known for, namely the permanent and detrimental effect it can have on a subject's health, proved relatively easy to replicate by crushing and mixing nightshade with meadow rye and percolating the mixture with water, no more than five times, and certainly no less than two. The potion obtained thereby is a potent and deadly poison.<BR><BR>
One can only presume that the 'boost' Thieves get from carrying this plant must be solely psychological in nature, not unlike an unenchanted good-luck charm which can be bought from any petty witch across Morrowind.<BR>
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
roerich
Developer

Post by roerich »

Generic book for TR_i3-31-Ind:

[This book shows the various donations from richer citizens and shops to [i3-31-Ind], as well as the various trade agreements between [i3-31-Ind] and business partners.]<BR>

Please phrase it better if you can. Also, I'm not too familiar with the naming conventions of map-specific stuff, so far this is what I've named them:

TR_bk_AlmaSoupLedger_c
TR_bk_AlmaSoupLedger_o
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Avoid business partners please
roerich
Developer

Post by roerich »

Oh it was mostly just a placeholder, I couldn't figure out how to name the egg mines, fishermen and food importers and such that the temple/the kitchen buys foodstuff from. Could you help me with a better wording?
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Just replace "business partners" with "other merchants."
Annon
Developer

Post by Annon »

for i3-55

name: Granary Ledger
id: TR_m3_sc_granaryledge

[This scroll gives records of goods passing in and out of the Granary]<BR>
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Maybe add a period at the end of the sentence within the [].

Infragris
Developer

Post by Infragris »

Two books for i3-51, Indoril Shipping Company (same content, an open and closed version)

Name: Indoril Warehouse Shipping Log
id: TR_bk_i3-51_warehouse_log; TR_bk_i3-51_warehouse_log_O
Indoril Warehouse Shipping Log<BR><BR>
<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><BR><BR>
[This appears to be the records of incoming and outgoing shipments at the Indoril Warehouse.]<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Based on the vanilla bk_Warehouse_log. I've used the same books in i3-256-Ind (the actual warehouse, connected to this claim) with a different id, wasn't aware of this thread back then.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Why not just use the vanilla one?
Test
Infragris
Developer

Post by Infragris »

I did at first, but it only has an open version, and I was somewhat worried about mod compatibility and the like (mods adding unique book covers, book rotate scripts etc.)
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

I'd be inclined to make a closed version of the same generic text in that case. Generic is good, it means it can be reused in other warehouses without cluttering up TRData.
Test
Infragris
Developer

Post by Infragris »

So:
id: TR_bk_Warehouse_log_c
name: Warehouse shipping log
model: m\text_octavo_03

[This appears to be the records of incoming and outgoing shipments, complete with dates and business partners.]<BR>
<BR>
Added straight into TR_Data, then?

This actually brings up a interesting point: there's a dearth of appropriate books for archives, offices and the like. A lot of those claims (Indoril archive, Necrom archive) use custom-made unique books right now. Couldn't we add a groups of generic records and ledgers in TR_Data? Non-faction specific texts about shipping, business partners, a picture of some spreadsheets,...
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

I think that's exactly what we should do, yes.
Test
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

As claims are completed, they often have to make individual instances of these for their claims; this is because it's hard to predict with such minute detail all the kinds of things that modders will need for a map. Regions are easy, but will every map or every city have a warehouse which needs a ledger? Hard to tell, and we don't want to make those entries in TR Data just in case. Once whole maps are added into the mainland file, and work is generally done on interiors (post-quest production), I try to take the time to go through and find such similar books and then replace them with a generic version to save on space where possible. I admit that I have lapsed in doing this for a while though. I'll cross post that generic text to the TR Data Updates thread.

Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

Infragris wrote:So:
id: TR_bk_Warehouse_log_c
name: Warehouse shipping log
model: m\text_octavo_03

[This appears to be the records of incoming and outgoing shipments, complete with dates and business partners.]<BR>
<BR>
Added straight into TR_Data, then?

This actually brings up a interesting point: there's a dearth of appropriate books for archives, offices and the like. A lot of those claims (Indoril archive, Necrom archive) use custom-made unique books right now. Couldn't we add a groups of generic records and ledgers in TR_Data? Non-faction specific texts about shipping, business partners, a picture of some spreadsheets,...
Good idea. Especially the one with some pictures in it might be very useful.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

For my int claim, a small tattered note

The only reason we aren't cleaning your things in the next room is because at one point you were capable of fixing armor instead of making it impossibly more broken.
<BR>
I know you are popular with the others but I swear that if one more handle falls off when a customer picks up a shield then the last kindness you'll get from me is a quick death.<BR>
Mention this to the others and you won't even get that<BR>
Context is that the designated armorer for the bandit operation has lost his touch. Almost every piece of armor in their shop is damaged to no small degree. Next room is where they clean the blood off of things they steal from weaker travelers or other victims.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:For my int claim, a small tattered note

The only reason we aren't cleaning your things in the next room is because at one time you were capable of fixing armor instead of making it, impossibly, even more broken.
<BR>
I know you are popular with the others but I swear that if one more handle falls off when a customer picks up a shield then the last kindness you'll get from me is a quick death.<BR>
Mention this to the others and you won't even get that<BR>
I've edited the language slightly because the choice of words and phrasing sounded a little contemporary. In fact I lol'd because it reads exactly like one of your forum posts
Test
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I'm not that mean am I? :|

(also thanks for the speedy reply)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

To be fair I don't recall you ever threatening to kill anyone
Test
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

If anyone has had their life threatened by Thrignar Fraxix then please do come forward.

Cake and grief counselling will be made available.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:For my int claim, a small tattered note

The only reason we aren't cleaning your things in the next room is because you were once capable of fixing armor instead of making it, impossibly, even more broken.
<BR>
I know you are popular with the others, but I swear that if one more handle falls off when a customer picks up a shield, then the last kindness you'll get from me is a quick death.<BR>
Mention this to the others and you won't even get that.<BR>
Added some missing commas and a period, and changed a few more words as a suggestion. I'd prefer rephrasing the "impossibly" sentence a bit, since 1) it's possible to make armor more broken just by using it, let alone poor smithing abilities, and 2) it doesn't sound conversational, though it does sound exactly how TF talks.
Last edited by Haplo on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

FWIW Haplo, stuff like this doesn't have to be grammatically perfect as long as it's A. Comprehensible and B. Seems like something somebody in-game would actually write.
Test
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

The new comma after the 'because' makes a really awkward and unnecessary pause in the sentence. I think it was better without that comma.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Terrifying Daedric Foe wrote:The new comma after the 'because' makes a really awkward and unnecessary pause in the sentence. I think it was better without that comma.
Oops, that was left over from before the rephrasing; leaving it was a typo. Fixed!

gro-Dhal: I understand that; my main concern was that the "impossibly" phrase is not how someone in-game would talk.

Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

For the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=320080]i3-720-Imp[/url], the Guild of Barristers.

The barristers have a small bulletin board where they post relevant stuff for each other to read.

"Note from Reynant":

A former client of mine just got released. If someone by the name Stabby-Jak Merrus comes knocking, you don't know who or where I am. <br>
<br>
Thanks, <br>
Reynant
<BR>
"Death Threat Pool":

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR> <BR>
Number of received death threats (winner gets a bottle of Kvatch's finest at the end of the year): <br> <br>
Marsh-Demon-At-Her-Elbow: IIII <BR>
Gnaea: II <BR>
Reynant: IIIII IIIII II <BR>
<BR>
"A Work Schedule":

[This is a work schedule for one of the barristers. It lists the dates set for client appointments, official hearings, and such. No particular date or name jumps out.] <BR>

there's also a transcript of a hearing relating to case one of them has worked on:

"Transcript of a Court Hearing":

Citizen Mols Hlarsis v. citizen Alju-Deekus <br>
Second Day of the Trial<br>
<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">
<br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: We have already established that you were indeed attacked and severely injured, citizen Hlarsis. Would you still recognize the assailant? <br>
M. HLARSIS: Yes, yes--of course! He's sitting right over there. <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: Let the scribe's record show that the claimant is pointing towards the defendant. So, citizen Alju-Deekus of Lilmoth is the one who attacked you?<br>
M. HLARSIS: Yes. <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: He's the one who knocked you violently to the ground, correct? <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: And repeatedly hit you with a braided whip resulting in severe pain, emotional anguish and the permanent loss of vision in your left eye? <br>
M. HLARSIS: Yes! Yes! <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: And where, I wonder, did he acquire this braided whip? <br>
M. HLARSIS: Err... ahem... <br>
JUSTICE BELISATHA MEDE: Answer the question. <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: No matter, your honor. Let's try another question. How would you describe your relationship with the defendant? <br>
M. HLARSIS: Swollen-Skink worked on my plantation. <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: Please refer to the defendant as either 'the defendant' or by the official translitteration of his name. So, he was a hired farmhand, is that what you mean? <BR>
M. HLARSIS: No, he was a slave. <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: I see. So would you say that you owned the defendant? That he was your property? <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: Your 'property'. That is interesting. Would you be so kind, citizen Hlarsis, as to remind me what are you accusing the defendant of? <br>
M. HLARSIS: Attempted mer-slaughter and assault. <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: Very good. And do you happen to know what the Imperial law states about 'property' assaulting or attempting to slaughter its owner? <br>
M. HLARSIS: Errrr... I don't...
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: The right answer is: nothing. The law forbids free citizens from hurting one another, but not a single written word mentions violent crime committed by property. So, given the fact that at least during the time of the incident the defendant was considered 'property' and not a 'citizen', there is no case to be made against him. <br>
M. HLARSIS: But he attacked me! There are witnesses! <br>
BARRISTER ELLERIAN: Oh. Well, if that is the truth, then the defendant couldn't possibly be your property, could he? Make up your mind, citizen Hlarsis. Either you acknowledge that the defendant--Alju-Deekus--is a free citizen of the Empire, or you can't legally charge him with anything and this court must rule him innocent of all crimes. <br>
M. HLARSIS: What? Who do you think you are, you western fletcher? You can't trick me out of owning a slave, nor can you keep me from punishing him... [Dark Elven vulgarities] You're dead, Swollen-Skink! Dead, you hear! <br>
JUSTICE BELISATHA MEDE: Order! Order! Enough, citizen Hlarsis, or I will have you jailed. I think this is enough for one day. The court adjourns for tomorrow. <br>
Last edited by Rats on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

I <3 Rats

Although I would change 'bitch' to 'fetcher' or some similar Dunmer insult.
Test
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

[This is a work schedule for one of the barristers. It lists the dates set for client appointments, official hearings, and such. No particular date or name jumps out.]
Otherwise, these look great, Rats.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Aww, thanks gro-Dhal. Changed bitch to fletcher

Fixed the typo, thx Yeti.

In the same vein here is another little note, placed on the top of a copy of "Unbiased Appraisal of Abolition":

Note from Gnaea

Marsh-Demon-At-Her-Elbow, <br>
Thought you'd might want to read this. Worst piece of Dark Elven propaganda I've ever seen. <br> 
Figured we need to write and publish a counter when we've got the time. <br> <br>
--Gnaea
Also, I used the vanilla charters as a template to write a little charter book for the guild.

Barristers Guild Charter

Imperial Charter of the Guild of Barristers<BR><BR>
<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><BR><BR>
I. Purpose<BR>
<BR>
The Guild of Barristers provides employment to educated solicitors and scholars of law and contracts to local citizens. Citizens may contract with the Guild for legal advice as well as prosecution or defence for criminal proceedings.<BR>
<BR>
II. Authority<BR>
<BR>
The Guild of Barristers was established under the section 15 of the "Guilds Act," and this charter was first confirmed under the Potentate Versidue-Shaie in the 321st year of the Second Era.<BR>
<BR>
III. Rules and Procedures<BR>
<BR>
See: "The Nibe-Colovian Code" (volumes I-XXVII from the Imperial College Press) and "The Marginal Edicts of the Akaviri Potentates" (all twelve scrolls, including the three lost ones). (<BR>
<BR>
IV. Membership Requirements<BR>
<BR>
The Guild selects candidates who have studied in the Imperial College of Divine and Secular Law for a minimum of three years. Students from other accredited schools of law may be accepted provided that they pass an exam on the Imperial law, with the exception of the Thrassian Coral College of Ethics whose students are put to the sword instead.<BR>
<BR>
V. Applications for Membership<BR>
<BR>
Candidates must present themselves to the Chief Pontiff of Law in the Imperial City for examination and approval.<BR>
<BR>
ATTACHMENT A: Barristers Guild Offices in Mournhold District, Province of Morrowind<BR>
<BR>
The provincial head office of the Guild is located in the city of Ebonheart-on-Mainland. The office in Almalexia is established under lease from the Indoril Council.<BR>
<BR>
and that's it. I'm not flooding the interior with any more unique writings :)