2013 Year in Review

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

2013 Year in Review

Post by Haplo »

Another year gone, and another year on our doorstep! 2013 was a difficult year for TR, with a lot of frustration regarding our self-perceived lack of progress and what seemed like roadblock after roadblock between us and new releases. However, the vast majority of those roadblocks have been overcome over time and we are now primed to bring you what we expect will be one of the best years of TR to date. And with that, I'll leave a short list of some of the more major events of 2013 that the project saw:

February 3rd: Stryker was named the Assistant Head of Characters to help Not manage the growing needs of the department.

May 6th: Stryker was chosen to lead the Interiors department following SamirA's stepping down due to increased real life duties.

August 6th: Nemon, our awesome then-Head of Exteriors, finished a complete exterior redesign of the capital city of Almalexia. A city to awe and amaze, the latest iteration is most definitely a worthy capital of Morrowind.

August 8th: Sacred East version 1.5 is released! With this update the landmass was extended with more of the Lan Orethan forest and Nedothril Coast, and included the town of Bosmora and the Isle of Gorne.

September 10th: gro-Dhal, a long-time member with a very keen head on his shoulders, is promoted to be Head of Literature, to guide the department on a much-needed overhaul of our aging literary works.

December 7th: Stryker steps down as Head of Interiors, and Aeven steps up to take her place. This promotion begins a flurry of winter activity, including more Core changes and much project activity. Shortly after promotion, Aeven tackles much of the remaining work on the interiors of Almalexia in an effort to move that project along.

December 9th: Yeti is named our new Head of Characters after Notling steps down due to an increasingly hectic Real Life (TM).

December 15th: After a long and storied career, Nemon resigns as Head of Exteriors, and Swiftoak Woodwarrior is chosen to take his place. Swiftoak has already been heavily involved in development of TR's mainland and future regions, and luckily for all of us, Nemon is still sticking around to do what he loves best: create awesome and beautiful landscapes.

December 29th: After months of discussion and preparation, and after years of desire, plans have been set in motion to overhaul Tamriel Rebuilt's website and forums. While the style sheets and theme of the forum were updated almost immediately, being largely cosmetic, the update of the website is a more involved and non-trivial endeavor, and, once implemented, will remain technically a Work-In-Progress for many weeks and months to come while we iron out kinks or freshen up the content. Regardless, it's safe to expect great things!

---
Happy New Year to all!

- Tamriel Rebuilt Team
Last edited by Haplo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

Congrats everyone at Tamriel Rebuilt for a successful year.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Happy 2014 everybody!
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Well done, guys! Keep at it! :)
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Hip Hip Hooray!

You should post this over at the official forums, Haplo. Our thread there could use a bump. Plus, it probably would be good to announce our website overhaul and explain to people why our main site is currently down.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Good idea, Yeti, considering our website is down :-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

I hope I will be able to start actually helping you guys this year. Quite excited for it, already thinking about some ideas for potential music for this mod (after I make a few dozen interiors, of course). :)
But that's just my opinion, so it's likely completely stupid.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Happy New Year team, good luck for 2014.
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4