Old Ebonheart East Merge (formerly M3A4W)

Development of the Imperial city of Old Ebonheart on the Eastern Mouth of the Thirr River.

Moderator: Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Oops. Sorry for cleaning them out, Why; they were making the ground on that cell disappear when I was playing the alpha together with TR_Mainland.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

edit: re-spiders in Bthung, the fact that there are more spread around doesn't really increase the difficulty level of the encounters (1 at a time). Maybe have a group of 2-3 spiders, because there's a lot of jewels there

_ TR_m3_Nemaris_Madryon , greeting 7
"Go bother someone else. I'm busy studying ...er... these scrolls."
This greeting is not quite as inconspicuous as his new background,
Also, forced goodbye on a greeting 7 means it can be bypassed (disease...). I think it just shouldn't force goodbye?

tr_potion_wine_06 St. Seryn's Infirmary 3341 -687 -174 "if she's not supposed to sell these things on the table (sutch wine, etc.) someone else could own them"
- was selling everything in the cell, switched ownership for placed items but not containers

_ Ilvi Mine : miners can be given new ore miner Data class.

terrain_rock_rm_20 Map3 (13,-19) 114304 -149779 294 "texture"
TR_terrain_AI_cliff_02 Map3 (9,-20) 75794 -159794 -1238 "tiny bit caspering"

ex_vivec_waterfall_01 Map3 (11,-19) 94728 -150917 289 - removed

light_tikitorch00 Map3 (9,-20) 78160 -157184 672 "is this the old entrance? if it got axed, these torches should maybe go, too?"

terrain_ashland_rock_07 Map3 (13,-21) 114000 -168695 1836 "short land gap with Mainland.esp east of this"
terrain_rock_ai_04 Map3 (11,-22) 90649 -179820 1572 "will need some minor bordermatching with A2, mostly shading"
Last edited by rot on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Fixed a few things above ^, added shells for a cave and a tomb (replacing the waterfalls)
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Added shells for another cave and another tomb. Small change to entrance of previous tomb.
Attachments
Clean TR_Map_3_Detailing_A4West.esp
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 187 times
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Re:infirmary, It seems like OE's presence should be felt, considering how close the two are. Perhaps some of OE's paupers could seek out healing services here? Plus, having a major trading hub just down the road might be tempting to some of the Temple's members (Mis. quest hook? Guy could ask PC to buy something from an OE shop, since he can't be seen there).

Vanilla's reactions to the PC being diseased seem particularly out of place. Local disease greetings should be implemented and some greetings shouldn't be bypassed by disease (such as tr_m3_llevari_uvelar).

EDIT: I am picking up this file for dialogue work.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Update, dirty. Would enjoy feedback.

CHANGES

_Switched Jeskan (pilgrim) and Taris (healer) to make Taris' area look more healer-like

_moved Nevam to other side of room

_changed dialogue for Llevari Uvelar, crazy War Ordinator, to be more Temple/Indoril-ish. Added unique persuasion stuff. She should probably have nohello in her script, but I might have a special script on her later for a quest.

_gave alv disp and talked to pc greetings

_added disease greetings (excluding corprus, vanilla seems fine for it)

_Teris greeting "Welcome to St. Seryn's Infirmary. The healing altars are in the tower -- don't let me keep you." seemed to conflict with more humble/friendly background entry, changed

_Nemaris greeting "This is quite an interesting selection of scrolls... Don't you think, outlander?" <-removed talkedtoPC, added 30 disp req

_topic entry added "Llevari Uvelar"

_added 30 disp requirement for some greetings

_added greeting to catch pcs not meeting 30 disp requirement

ADDITIONAL NOTES

_Jeskar greeting "There are so many damaged souls in this infirmary. Such a tragedy. And I speak not only of the sick."

What is he implying? Jeskar is a visiting pilgrim; what does he know that we don't?
Attachments
Dirty TR_Map_3_Detailing_A4West.esp
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 156 times
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Update, clean. Dropping this.

_Replaced Jeskarr's greeting with "So many sick people pass through here. More tragic, though, are the ones who stay."

_Fiddled around with the infirmary's books , and replaced most of the Imperial poetry on the shelf next to TR_m3_Nemaris_Madryon in favor of healing scrolls & religious text.
Attachments
Clean TR_Map_3_Detailing_A4West.esp
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 198 times
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

What's the status on this? Can I archive this so this can be merged into the Thirr section file?
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24500]See here[/url] - if this has to be merged anywhere, it should probably be the OE file. (after it's been NPCed?)

Also, it's missing these ints:
rot wrote: - (11,-19) new [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=320642]Ancestral tomb[/url] claim

- (10,-18) new [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=320644]cave[/url] claim

- (11,-22) new [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24439]Ancestral tomb[/url] claim

- (11,-21) new [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24438]cave[/url] claim
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Moving this to the OE section for now. I want to merge, but am holding back. Provided the Indoril-Thirr and Andothren-Thirr South merges are release ready, this is needed to connect it to TR_Mainland. Renaming this the Old Ebonheart East Merge.

For purposes of Planning, this belongs in the OE section.

Also new file with region paint and cleaned Map 3 region.

(do not work from this file: see below)
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheartEast_v.0025.esp
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 198 times
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

What happened to the following

- (11,-22) new Ancestral tomb claim

- (11,-21) new cave claim

they do not appear to be in the new file (nor the alpha).
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

The new file does not include the changes I made previously. Is it derived from an earlier file?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Previously meaning the last file you posted here? Swiftoak may have accidentally used an older file when making his changes. As far as I am aware, no changes were made to the file since Swiftoak posted it, so there shouldn't be any problem to re-applying his changes to your file. I will try asking him, however.

Thank you for alerting me to this file, by the way; it had completely slipped under my radar. Luckily, it's a fairly small and empty piece of land; I'd suggest making the required changes (including merging in the remaining interiors) to the file and leaving it at that; I think we can only properly return to it when we decide what to do with Inlet Bog.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I finally got around to checking Swiftoak's file. It alters nine more exterior cells than Tondollari's file, but not with landscaping; they appear to be an artifact of Swiftoak's region painting. There are nine Inner Sea region cells which I assume are the culprits, though I have yet to confirm that conclusively.

The thing is that, also looking at the AT North merge, the Inner Sea region is typically between one and two cells wide, generally vanilla cells untouched by TR, and is mostly squeezed between the Ascadian Coast and Ascadian Isles regions, which are essentially supposed to form one large region anyway. I see no point in keeping them, and would suggest just cleaning out or painting over all instances of the region or -- in the case of this file -- not re-adding them in.

So in short, that means that, working off of Tondollari's last file, all that needs to be done as far as I'm concerned is merging the interiors listed above and, perhaps, cleaning the file. If anyone were willing to do those tasks, that would be grand, but they're hardly of a high priority. As above, I think the only value at the moment of this file is to link TRV with our prior work. I would not waste any undue effort on it for the time being.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I am claiming this file. I intend to merge the missing interiors and will possibly clean out superfluous regions. Once that's done, this file is to be merged with the Indoril-Thirr file, so that we can stop forgetting about this.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

This is done. I used Tondollari's file, merged the interiors, fixed and cleaned the regions and placed one or two rocks around a cave entrance as it looked rather bland. This can now be merged into the Indoril-Thirr file.

Once the file is merged, I will lock and un-sticky this thread, as it is now obsolete.

Edit: for the record, as I expected, this was a really quick job once I started on it. The testing took the most time by far, and that's only because I failed to locate one of the cave entrances which was hidden in plain sight.
Attachments
TR_OldEbonheartEast_v.0027.esp
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

As of v.1512
OldEbonheartEast has been merged with IndorilThirr (v.0106).

This thread will be locked.