i3-94-Ind

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-94-Ind (#585)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-45-Ind (#1235)
Claimed by: Parted User
Local map: Almalexia Foreign Quarter
Files: TR_i3-94-Ind_sasquatch_11.esp; TR_i3-94-Ind_sasquatch_12.esp; TR_i3-94-Ind_sasquatch_13.esp

---

Almalexia (21, 27) Home of a Breton. Use de_rm.

See local map for location.
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

Here is 3-94. Took a little bit of time to fix (another one with tiling issues). Here it is.

P.S. Vegor, I have also finished my 3-93. If you haven't found it yet, it should be below this thread.
Last edited by Sniper4 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

Here is the file, with the fixed cell name.
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Reviewed and fixed by Sniper, approved.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Revoke for repurposing.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Unlocking for claiming.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

0.o
Last edited by sasquatch on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Will make this a modest 2 story 3x3 interior for Breton owner.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Have fun with your very first claim for TR! Granting!
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Good luck sasquatch. By the way, I like how we both have usernames based on Bigfoot-like creatures.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Thanks! I had some difficulty getting this interior set to fit 3x3 with stairs. Hopefully the layout is fine. The claim included a chest with bolts of cloth and red and black ink pots, however I had some problems with these assets so they were removed. There are some fairly rich items on this claim but an owner of a even a modest size home in such a nice location should be able to splurge on some things.
Last edited by sasquatch on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Off to review!
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: No
Loading errors: No

Review: Northmarker is set improperly; rotation should be 266.6 instead of 0.

Errors listed below; please send back.

Comments -light_de_lamp_01_128 floating slightly and bleeding into the chair slightly
-misc_de_bowl_glass_yellow has to be sunk a bit so the point doesn't show
-I'd have to say no to silverware here, it should be used only in rich ints
-gaps between some books on the bookshelf, some bleeding too; bookends bleeding into the books
-if you're using de misc items, and de_rm furniture, then may I suggest also using exclusively de lights?
-misc_com_redware_vase: the bleeding is alright since it doesn't show through the stool, but may I suggest using a static instead of a misc? This way people won't be able to pick up the vase, thus leaving the flowers floating in air
-not an error: I love the picked flowers
-misc_hook: same as the vase; use a static instead (furn_hook)
-furn_de_lecturn bleeding through ceiling
-in_MH_window_01 not positioned properly against the wall; there is a gap between them
-crate_01_limeware_uniqu: limeware is super rare, even more so than silverware; use it only in very very rich or important interiors
-misc_com_broom_01: maybe sink it a tad bit less into the floor
-misc_de_pot_green_01 lack rotation, all four of them
-you could've locked the small chest; not an error though
-while some items of clothing, pillows, and sacks, are to be sunk into the sirface they're resting on, I'm not sure the same rule applies to bolts of cloth; they should be firm, tightly packed material, not soft, so they shouldn't bleed into each other either
-apparatus_a_mortar_01 rests on a point; it should be sunk into the shelf
-com_sack_01_saltrice_5 sunk a bit too much into the crate, in my opinion
-you sunk the stool a bit too much into the floor; also, as a wise man once said to me: sload soap isn't soap :) I like your attention to details though
-interesting way to place a pillow, though I'd personally sink it into the bed as well
-same problem with the window on the second floor; also, it should be placed in the middle of the wall, not on one end
-same problem with the vase
-you used the wrong door; you should use in_MH_door_01; also the entrance could'v been handled with one of our custom pieces, TR_in_MH_int_wall_03, instead of the three pieces you used (not counting the doorjamb and the door)
-not sure about using in_MH_int_corner_04 upstairs; there is no such shape on the exterior to account for
-Northmarker should be rotated to 266.6

Rating /
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

-light_de_lamp_01_128 floating slightly and bleeding into the chair slightly
-gaps between some books on the bookshelf, some bleeding too; bookends bleeding into the books
-if you're using de misc items, and de_rm furniture, then may I suggest also using exclusively de lights?
-misc_com_redware_vase: the bleeding is alright since it doesn't show through the stool, but may I suggest using a static instead of a misc? This way people won't be able to pick up the vase, thus leaving the flowers floating in air
-in_MH_window_01 not positioned properly against the wall; there is a gap between them
-crate_01_limeware_uniqu: limeware is super rare, even more so than silverware; use it only in very very rich or important interiors
-while some items of clothing, pillows, and sacks, are to be sunk into the sirface they're resting on, I'm not sure the same rule applies to bolts of cloth; they should be firm, tightly packed material, not soft, so they shouldn't bleed into each other either
-you sunk the stool a bit too much into the floor; also, as a wise man once said to me: sload soap isn't soap :) I like your attention to details though
-interesting way to place a pillow, though I'd personally sink it into the bed as well
-same problem with the window on the second floor; also, it should be placed in the middle of the wall, not on one end
-you used the wrong door; you should use in_MH_door_01; also the entrance could'v been handled with one of our custom pieces, TR_in_MH_int_wall_03, instead of the three pieces you used (not counting the doorjamb and the door)
-not sure about using in_MH_int_corner_04 upstairs; there is no such shape on the exterior to account for

Comments Nice interior, though it has numerous errors. Please send back for fixing.
Also please follow TR's naming conventions in the future.

Rating /
Le vent nous portera

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Jule wrote:TESAME: Clean

-light_de_lamp_01_128 floating slightly and bleeding into the chair slightly

Comments Nice interior, though it has numerous errors. Please send back for fixing.
Also please follow TR's naming conventions in the future.

Rating /

Hey sasquatch, I wasn't sure if you could read the review by Jule in the post above. Anyway, if you could fix these errors and send it back for review when you're done? :)
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Errors fixed, however I wasn't sure what "same problem with vase" meant
Attachments
Clean TR_i3-94-Ind_sasquatch_7.esp
(15.32 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Last edited by sasquatch on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

It means you should use a static version of the redware vase for the flowers instead of a misc version that can be picked up by the player. The same problem as with the vase on the first floor (you have one on each floor, I apologise for not making a distinction between the two floors in the review).
Have you fixed both of them? If you haven't, you should before it's off to review again.
Le vent nous portera

sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Okay thanks, I'll take care of that.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Oh, and be sure to upload the file at the top of the page, that's where reviewers usually look for the file, rather than in a post ;)
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Okay, 6 and 7 are actually both the same. Either of those are ready for review.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Back to review.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Review:

You have not fixed your north marker. Rotation should be 266.6 instead of 0.

-light_de_lamp_01_128 is still floating slightly
-misc_de_bowl_glass_yellow still has to be sunk a bit so the point doesn't show; sink it at least to the lower white rim
-misc_de_foldedcloth00 on table is floating, and so is the fork that rests upon it
-chargen_crate_01_empty is floating, and perhaps you could use another crate (I think the chargen containers have something to do with the phase of character creation)
-gaps between some books on the bookshelf, some bleeding too
-if you're using de misc items, and de_rm furniture, then may I suggest also using exclusively de lights? -> This pertains to light_com_candle_09_off on the table; there are many de lights that can be used instead of this,
-misc_com_redware_vase: may I suggest using a static instead of a misc? This way people won't be able to pick up the vase, thus leaving the flowers floating in air -> Perhaps my suggestions weren't very clear, so I'll try to clarify: you should create a new static that would use the misc_redware_vase.nif mesh that can be found in Data Files\Meshes\m in your Morrowind installation folder. You should name the static following TR's standard nomenclature, so a name like TR_furn_i3-94_statvase should do the trick. But under no circumstances should you combine the redware vase and a static furn_com_planter the way you did. Either create a static redware vase, or use the furn_com_planter, OR leave the misc_vase, but don't use both. This applies to the vase on the second floor as well.
-in_MH_window_01 not positioned properly against the wall; there is a gap between them -> To give you a better picture of what I meant, have a look at the screenshots in the attached .rar file. Also, when you look at the windows closely, from the side, you'll notice the window doesn't lean on the wall. Bleed it into the wall a bit.
-spool bleeds into the shelf
-you sunk the stool a bit too much into the floor;
-the entrance could've been handled with one of our custom pieces, TR_in_MH_int_wall_03, instead of the three pieces you used (not counting the doorjamb and the door)
-TR_furn_de_rm_chair on the second floor is afloat
-the interior lacks a rail on the top of the stairs (TR_in_MH_int_rail_02)

Comments

As I said: nice interior, though it has numerous errors, and most of them remain in your latest file. Therefore, I recommend this file be sent back for fixing. Please address all of the issues mentioned above before submitting the file for reviewing again.
Also please follow TR's naming conventions in the future = please change the cell's name to TR_i3-94-Ind.

Rating /
Attachments
Window placement.rar
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
Le vent nous portera

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Jule wrote:TESAME: Clean

Review:

You have not fixed your north marker. Rotation should be 266.6 instead of 0.

-light_de_lamp_01_128 is still floating slightly
-misc_de_bowl_glass_yellow still has to be sunk a bit so the point doesn't show; sink it at least to the lower white rim
-misc_de_foldedcloth00 on table is floating, and so is the fork that rests upon it
-chargen_crate_01_empty is floating, and perhaps you could use another crate (I think the chargen containers have something to do with the phase of character creation)
-gaps between some books on the bookshelf, some bleeding too
-if you're using de misc items, and de_rm furniture, then may I suggest also using exclusively de lights? -> This pertains to light_com_candle_09_off on the table; there are many de lights that can be used instead of this,
-misc_com_redware_vase: may I suggest using a static instead of a misc? This way people won't be able to pick up the vase, thus leaving the flowers floating in air -> Perhaps my suggestions weren't very clear, so I'll try to clarify: you should create a new static that would use the misc_redware_vase.nif mesh that can be found in Data Files\Meshes\m in your Morrowind installation folder. You should name the static following TR's standard nomenclature, so a name like TR_furn_i3-94_statvase should do the trick. But under no circumstances should you combine the redware vase and a static furn_com_planter the way you did. Either create a static redware vase, or use the furn_com_planter, OR leave the misc_vase, but don't use both. This applies to the vase on the second floor as well.
-in_MH_window_01 not positioned properly against the wall; there is a gap between them -> To give you a better picture of what I meant, have a look at the screenshots in the attached .rar file. Also, when you look at the windows closely, from the side, you'll notice the window doesn't lean on the wall. Bleed it into the wall a bit.
-spool bleeds into the shelf
-you sunk the stool a bit too much into the floor;
-the entrance could've been handled with one of our custom pieces, TR_in_MH_int_wall_03, instead of the three pieces you used (not counting the doorjamb and the door)
-TR_furn_de_rm_chair on the second floor is afloat
-the interior lacks a rail on the top of the stairs (TR_in_MH_int_rail_02)

Comments

As I said: nice interior, though it has numerous errors, and most of them remain in your latest file. Therefore, I recommend this file be sent back for fixing. Please address all of the issues mentioned above before submitting the file for reviewing again.
Also please follow TR's naming conventions in the future = please change the cell's name to TR_i3-94-Ind.

Rating /
Sasquatch, this is the second review so far. Fix ALL these errors. If it gets another review which tells me to send it back, it WILL be revoked (this is the rule).
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

there is a surprisingly steep learning curve for these TR interiors. my file has been updated.
Attachments
TR_i3-94-Ind_sasquatch8.esp
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Your cell still doesn't follow TR naming conventions. Don't make it start with aa_ but rather with TR_.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

there is a surprisingly steep learning curve for these TR interiors. my file has been updated.
Don't let this discourage you sasquatch. A lot of my early interiors ended up being sent back a lot too.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

review.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Before this is sent to review once more, please, do fix the windows. I hope that you read through my review and had a look at the attached .rar file. Your windows are still off; please fix them or I'll have no other choice left but to send it back one more time.
Le vent nous portera

sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

okay hold the review then. i am unable to see your review directly and do not see any rar file.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

This should do the trick then.
Attachments
Window placement.rar
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
Le vent nous portera

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

sasquatch, I deliberately quoted the review for you to see. Are you saying you don't see this?
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

review.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

sasquatch wrote:okay hold the review then. i am unable to see your review directly and do not see any rar file.
I could see your quote of Jules review, but not a review posted by Jule himself or rar file. I find the whole review process here very strange and impersonal actually. And why is the actual reviewer not posting the review? It took me a couple posts to even realize who was doing the reviewing.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

The thing is, the reviewer is actually posting the review, and it seems like the forums are somehow bugging out, causing you not to see it. It's very strange indeed, someone should look into this. It seems to happen to repurposed claims only, somehow. Can you see the .rar download in Jule's Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:30 am post?

edit: here's how I see the page - at least that way you can read the reviews yourself, until it's fixed: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/757 ... quatch.zip

The most likely cause of this is that somehow, your account isn't properly flagged, but I have no idea how the backend of the forums work. Someone will be along to fix things, I am sure. If nothing else works I suppose the easiest way of fixing this is not using repurposed claims anymore.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Okay, thanks.
Attachments
TR_i3-94-Ind_sasquatch_10.esp
(15.21 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

This was an underlying problem with the forums. Iirc, only members with the rank Reviewer or above (can't remember what it's called in the new system) can see posts made whilst a claim is in the reviewing section. I'm just a humble modder (developer?) myself and I can't see Jule's reviews.

However, if you try to reply to the topic and scroll down through the 'topic review' section you can see posts made in reviewing.

When I've had claims returned in the past the reviewer has PMed my their review to make certain that I had access to it.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

I still don't know how to make a misc obj into a new static
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

There should be a version under the statics tab. Replace the misc version with the static version.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

misc_de_basket01 static is not the same basket.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

pls review.