... So the section files

Development of the Northeastern side of the Thirr Valley. Primarily Indoril land. Contains Almas Thirr, Dondril, and Roa Dyr.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

... So the section files

Post by Nomadic1 »

Currently this section is divided between 5 different files in 5 different threads. Having it broken up into pieces isn't that much of a problem. However I have no idea where I can get my hands on the latest state of Othrensis (which needs to be severed from Almalexia), and am unsure of where the latest version of another piece is.

How are we supposed to do anything when we can't be certain of what we're dealing with?

I'd like to create five stickied threads here to always store the latest version of each piece of this section. If it's not necessary to have Piece X, we can merge it into another, desticky the thread, and mark in the title that it is an obsolete file. Improved organisation FTW.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

The latest version of each piece is the latest version uploaded in the piece's thread (with the exception of m3a4 east which is in Mainland already), links to said threads [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=319466#319466]here[/url]
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: ... So the section files

Post by arvisrend »

M3A6 needs some work done before splitting up in Alma and Othrensis. But merging M3A2, M3A3, M3A4west sounds like a good idea to me, maybe after M3A3 has been given a pass by Nemon and M3A2 has seen the Dondril palisade removed. (Generally, claims should be merged once most of the hard work on them is done and it's mostly bordermatching and bugfixing left -- and questing, of course, which is usually not done on the file itself.)
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'll post the latest M3A2 here soon. Sorry about the delay. The question is will merging all the areas together make it difficult to add NPCs and dialogue to them. Only one person will be able to work on the file at a time.

While I'm updating Dondril's dialogue, should I remove the palisade as well?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I'd be inclined to keep them all split up for the time being. I reckon remove the palisade if you want.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Removing/replacing the WTFalls in #4w can also be non-trivial exterior work. Better not merge until that's done too. (anyone up for it?)