TR Community Team Building

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

TR Community Team Building

Post by Swiftoak »

I think it would be wise for TR as a project to build a stronger community amongst ourselves, outside the context of game development. Sort of breaking-the-ice, so-to-speak. (Think game developers who head to the bar and share drinks after hours, or play games with one another). We've had some examples of this in the past, where some TR members engaged in such activities such as road-trips and meetups to better understand and get to know one another. However for obvious reasons, this may not be the most practical solution (timezones, etc). I'm proposing TR come up with ways we can team-build online. I noticed several TR members have been known to play on a Minecraft server together. I think this is sort of a good idea, and perahps we should consider something like this as as a postive, fun, casual way to strengthen ties amongst ourselves in a casual environment.

Ada and I sorta came up with (get-this), an ESO guild for TR, because we seem to be united in disliking its lore. Think of it as an oppurtunity to have some dumb fun in our favourite game. But I'm open to other suggestions. :P
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: TR Community Team Building

Post by arvisrend »

I'm not into MMORPGs (slippery slope...) and my spare time contingent is only decreasing these days, but should I ever find myself soaked into that game (will probably depend on its reviews) I'll post my nick.

It feels like a get-together with intercontintental travel would take up less of my time, though...
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I've never liked mmorpgs, but I would love to play some Age of Kings or Empire Earth matches over GameRanger!
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

immortal_pigs wrote:I've never liked mmorpgs, but I would love to play some Age of Kings or Empire Earth matches over GameRanger!
Wololo! Age of Kings, count me in!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Or Civilization V or PlanetSide 2 anybody? Since ESO will be $60 plus another $15 a month (prohibitively expensive for a lot of people)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I am not playing ESO. We already have a steam group.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo