Reviewed and fixed by Sniper. Approved.
Last Edited by Vegor
(Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:36 am) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

Revoked for repurpose.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus
22 Jan 2006

I was thinking this would actually be an ideal place for a Tong-run gambling den, bar, and general illicit business sort of place. The moss on the exterior does make it look pretty shady. The terrace in front also seems like a prime location for the rowdier, noisier sort of outdoor party.

For a "Harbor Office", which is in fact an administrative building, it's awfully hard to reach, isn't it? Boats could probably moor there, but anyone else, let alone employees, would somehow have to cross the water just to get there. Meanwhile, for a place that isn't too keen on the strict letter of the law, a little isolation seems welcome. Especially if the owners can make an extra drake off a wiry ferryman with a knife in his belt, who can only offer the pleasant alternative of swimming.
Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

I disagree. This if far too prominent a location for such an interior. Simply because the only access is by water does not mean it is out of the way or should not be used for anything official. When you are on the waterways you can't help but notice this building and it is the largest "private" docking area in all of Almalexia. With Alma being a very water centric place it is of no shock that the official harbor offices should be located in a place that is accessed only through the water.

A tong-led gambling den is a fine idea for an interior though and will almost certainly be created.

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:03 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Maybe, through an Indoril quest, have the administration controlled by the Tong, that the player can work to remedy.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:41 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

Locking due to some other changes.
Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

Unlocking.
Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:10 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus
22 Jan 2006

Got two free afternoons and haven't done an interior in ages.

I'm thinking somewhere halfway between the Mos Eisley Cantina and an opium den, with a good deal of gambling thrown in.

Given that this basically has no visible exterior, how far do we want to extend this into the rock? I'm leaning towards not too much, because these sort of interiors are more about the atmosphere than anything.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:23 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
SamirA
Developer Emeritus
27 Apr 2010

I like where your head is at. Somewhere between Mos Eisley and an opium den should be good.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:48 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus
22 Jan 2006

Barring any big mistakes I made as a result of not having made an interior in a long while, I'd consider this one done.

Given that the exterior of this place has two sewer outlets on either side of it, it didn't seem like too much of a stretch to include that aspect into the design. People seemed to like the idea on IRC anyway, so this turned out being a piece of defunct waterworks turned gambling den. The big central hall is formed with refurbished pieces of aqueduct, the niches of which are filled with some secluded tables, and a skooma corner/boss' favorite place. (I.e. do not sit here.) Upstairs is the boss' office, with a locked storage of valuables people gambled away, including, I'm somewhat proud to mention, a pair of common pants.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Approving. Bar pieces need to be gridsnapped and then issues relating to bar doors won't happen.
Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:37 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group