n3-7-Mis

Where hooms take a shit and we clean it up.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

n3-7-Mis

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: OOT
Claim ID: TR_n3-7-Mis (#2598)
Faction: Misc
Claimed by: Ashstaar
Files: TR_n3-7-Mis_Ashstaar_1.rar; TR_n3-7-Mis_Ashstaar_2.rar

---

More clothing, this time based on things inhabitants of Almalexia would wear (Temple-like garb for Indoril or diplomatic dress for the Dres or Indoril).

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=21266
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Here are images of some of the items being worked on. They cover all factions and categories. Most are finished or near finished. Imperial outfits, Moth Priest, Ashlander, Redoran, Minor House mercenary, Indoril, Dres.
Attachments
imperials2b.jpg
(235.7 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
ragman_of_tear3.jpg
(401.29 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
red_fur_robe_2.jpg
(197.09 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
imperial_robe_01a.jpg
(325.62 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
daggerlad_wip.jpg
(278.88 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
client_robe.jpg
(209.6 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
ashland_outfit.jpg
(222.43 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
shirts_some_more.jpg
(213.4 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
robes_some_more.jpg
(189.51 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

And here's a few more items.
Attachments
tong_helms_1.jpg
(76.52 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
mw_concept_robe_dres2.jpg
(288.1 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
helm_1b.jpg
(107.64 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
dres_warrior_guard_robe.jpg
(266.62 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
dres_robe_lords.jpg
(253.01 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Seriously, what are you Ashtaar? These are all absolute fucking brilliance.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

As usual, this is exceptional work, Ashtaar. I'd suggest toning down the glossiness of the Tong helms so that they better match vanilla textures, but otherwise I have nothing else to add, besides that I really want to get this stuff into data. :)

You might also want to replace the bright tan color of the Tong helm on the left with something darker. The textures for both of them should also probably have a more ragged look as well.

EDIT: Holy crap, I didn't even see the stuff in your first post! Jesus Christ, this stuff is awesome!

If you feel any of this stuff is finished, Ashtaar, by all means post it here so that it can be sent through the review process. Then, if you want to make any additional clothing, we can create a new claim for it.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I think basing models off of the first PGE presents somewhat of a problem in that the first PGE dates from Tiber Septim's time and its contents are a good four centuries out of date. While that time-span is not much of an issue as far as the traditionalist Dunmer are concerned, I don't think that works so well with the Imperials. If the Imperial guard cuirass from Redguard in particular is used, I suggest it is in the context of a historical relic with barely any practical value.

Other than that, I noticed that the lower half of the Redoran fur robe has a much lower resolution than the top half, and helm_1b seems a little too wide. Otherwise very nice models and textures. :)

Edit: as I don't think my wording was very clear: I think the Imperial clothing from the first PGE could be included in TR, but I would imagine that it would be very out-of-fashion by the time of Morrowind. The Imperial guard uniform from Tiber Septim's time would almost certainly not be in use anymore, though, and if it is present in TR I think it should be as a battered relic, perhaps dating from the Armistice, maybe to be found in the armoury of some long-abandoned fort.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

For those who didn't notice there were two posts full of images - *there are two posts full of images*.

Great stuff.

Gnomey wrote:The Imperial guard uniform from Tiber Septim's time would almost certainly not be in use anymore
In TES' fantasy time millenia went by without much technological progress (nor even board-swiping changes in magic, for the equivalence) - I don't think it's unreasonable for fashion to be somewhat slower too
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I don't think we necessarily need to reenforce bad practice. Technology and fashion are also two different matters, and I'd argue that Bethesda is rather good at showing changes in fashion, in that clothing and armour in one game looks completely different from the clothing and armour in another game. Either way, while technology can stagnate at times, (whether it has in Tamriel is debatable), fashion rarely stays put, especially with a cosmopolitan society with a rich history like the Empire.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

The Redguard's Imperial uniform is of course used by the Imperial Navy!
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Imperial Legion uniform has clearly changed since Tiber Septim's time. I doubt the soldiers at [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPvEILFHewo]this video[/url]'s 3:00 minute mark and on are from the Imperial Navy. It would be odd for the Imperial Legion to undergo extensive changes to its uniform while the Imperial Navy keeps the same uniform for over 400 years.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Hey, Ashstaar!

Whenever you have the time could you compile the wonderful clothing meshes and textures you've made for us and upload them? I'm anxious to get as many of these gems into Data as possible.

No hurry though :)
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Sure thing. Been caught up in something else, but I will do so soon.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Awesome! Looking forward to it.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

New file at the top. Nearly complete. Got to finalize a few of the items.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Can someone with technical knowledge of modeling take a look at Ashtaar's stuff and provide feedback?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Next time you're on the site, Ashstaar, please post the finalized files for the items you've finished for this claim. Any items that still need work can be split into a separate claim.
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

OK. I put the finished file at the top. Includes most everything on this page minus the armor items and the Client robe. Sorry I have been so inactive for a while. Work has left me with little motivation to do much modding. I will work on things as I am able to though and will have more time at some point. Could I get another claim for misc. armor items? Or however you want to set it up.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Thanks again for your work, Ashstaar. Don't worry about taking your time. I apologize about there not being many modelers around to provide you with feedback. I'll look into creating a new claim for you and send this one off to review.