Looking for Exterior People

Miscellaneous non-TR related discussion.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

TheLordArchcanon

Looking for Exterior People

Post by TheLordArchcanon »

Hello everybody! I am just testing out some exterior landscape edits to make Vvardenfell's regions less boring. Do any of you exterior modders have helpful information?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

If you download some of our recent work you'll be able to pick up a few ideas. The latest exterior alpha contains quite a bit of our, so far, best exterior work. Mostly it's a matter of detailing, putting together rocks, flora and creating a believable scene. Some of our inspiration simply comes from newer Elder Scrolls games since they had more detail in the world building.

On a larger scale you'd want to plan on what kind of "visual story" you'd want to tell/show with a particular region. For instance, our velothi mountain region border between Morrowind and Skyrim contains majestic mountains, huge cliffs and an exciting mix between "alien" Morrowind statics and more familiar Skyrim things. In our most recent alpha you get to visit the ash swamp region, a swampy mucky region with lots of neat touches. There's no simple guide to becoming good at this stuff, but practice helps. And make sure to always look for new angles when criticizing your own work. While working in the construction set make sure to look at your work from all sides and ask yourself if what you're making looks alright. In most cases, an exterior cell requires between 200 and 250 refs to look detailed enough.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
TheLordArchcanon

Post by TheLordArchcanon »

Okay. I see what you mean, after looking at the alpha release. Now I just have to make Vvardenfell itself more exciting. :-)