Obsolete TR_Mainland Scripts/Quests/NPC bugreports

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Script: TR_m3_dwepuzlev41

Find this block:

Code: Select all

if movefrom > 3
			set TR_m3_dwepuz_cr31.moveto to ( TR_m3_dwepuz_cr31.moveto + 1 )
			set TR_m3_dwepuz_cr40.moveto to ( TR_m3_dwepuz_cr40.moveto + 1 )
			set TR_m3_dwepuz_cr42.moveto to ( TR_m3_dwepuz_cr41.moveto + 1 )
			set moveto to moveto - 4.0
			set TR_m3_dwepuz_golever.collapse to 1
		endif

Change to:

if movefrom > 3
			set TR_m3_dwepuz_cr31.moveto to ( TR_m3_dwepuz_cr31.moveto + 1 )
			set TR_m3_dwepuz_cr40.moveto to ( TR_m3_dwepuz_cr40.moveto + 1 )
			set TR_m3_dwepuz_cr42.moveto to ( TR_m3_dwepuz_cr42.moveto + 1 )
			set moveto to moveto - 4.0
			set TR_m3_dwepuz_golever.collapse to 1
		endif

Don't worry about the other 24 scripts associated with the cranks in this puzzle, as far as I know this is the only one with a bug in it. For the record, the only thing that needs to be done is to change ( TR_m3_dwepuz_cr41.moveto + 1 ) to ( TR_m3_dwepuz_cr42.moveto + 1 ), in case it isn't immediately clear from these pieces of script I'm quoting.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

edit:updated for m3a8
the Greeting 7 conditioned for "Sassur-Dari Iron Mine" ("Do you have the key to these bracers? Will you let me go free?")
can be deleted since it is in Greeting 2 in this esp.

Slave dialogue fixes

- removes slave scripts EDIT: no. Instead, just sets the Hello of all non-freeable Khajiit slaves to 20, and adds a copied vanilla greeting 7 conditioned for them ("What are you doing here? What can %name do for you?")
This fixes the fact that their greeting asked you to free them above Disposition 50.
Only Mr'Masi is buyable, other slaves not affected are in those interiors:
Mu-Serrudan
Ahhesha
Alendu Plantation
Pansaranit
Marog, Tel Onoria
Berantus
Dagorda Cavern
Marisanibal (aparte: duplicate "go free" entries for "Marisanibal, Deep Caverns" and -"Supply")
Akamora, Aravel-Senim Egg Mine

- adds entries for those cells in Greeting 2 (above nudity), similar to those in Vanilla ("Do you have the key to these bracers? Will you let me go free?")
(except for Akamora, Aravel-Senim Egg Mine where the option to free slaves is somewhat quest-related)
Before, you needed a Khajiit with disposition >50 to obtain the topic "go free". Now you only need to have the key.

- adds these new entries on "twin lamps" to replace the inappropriate Argonian entry ("I do not know ... I did not believe I would ever see Argonia again.").
(Imperials, Bretons) "They say the twin lamps bring slaves hope. But Morrowind is part of the Empire -- if even the Legion won't intervene, what hope is there?"
(Nord) "Slaves think of their homeland always, but dare not often speak of freedom. When they do, they whisper of the twin lamps."
(Orc) "Only fools mistake rumors for hope."
(non-Argonians = High/Wood/Dark elf) "The beast-folk tell of abolitionists acting under that name. Perhaps you should ask them."

- another vanilla bug is that all slaves, when they tell you the twin lamps passphrase, have the Khajiit's entry. Copied the non-Khajiitspeak entry above it for non-Khajiit.

- makes it possible to free the slaves in the bandit cave Dungra (using existing key "TR_m2_Dungra_Key"),
also removes hostility from a slave there - TR_m2_S_Ineemeet

note: since we're not in the business of fixing Vanilla, all generic (eg non-cell-specific) entries are conditioned for TR_Map >= 0. Removing that wouldn't do any harm though.

not fixed:
door_cavern_doors10 Dungra 4032 3200 12961 "flickers with doorframe when opened"
- some slaves (Arenim manor...) still don't have NoLore. (-> Khajiit background = "follows the trade of Slave.") Can't be arsed to check potential consequences to fixing it, not a huge problem anyway.
- some caged slaves in town exteriors still have somewhat inappropriate greetings (paraphrasing - "What brings you to Port Telvanni, outlander? Are you looking for services?"). This probably rather comes from these greetings not being conditioned against NoLore
Last edited by rot on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Suggestion: when you activate a Mages Guild (same for Fighters Guild) supply chest and you are not a member of the Guild, a messagebox appears telling you that you are not allowed to take anything before you've joined. This is to avoid the obvious thing, viz, players thinking that the Mages Guild on Mainland is identical with the one on Vvardenfell. IMHO this is the kind of handholding Morrowind should have; but what do you think?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Guard Backgrounds
(reminder, that's the "I am Guard, Guard" issue, which happens with all NPCs who don't have an actual name)

- for House guards, using these conditions:
Class Guard
+ faction TR_House
+ Rank Lawman

is enough to point at all guards, and much less hacky than fiddling with their Hello ratings. The few Guards who don't meet these conditions have NoLore; the few NPCs who have an actual name and meet these conditions either have a custom background entry, NoLore, or are actual guards for whom the entry is appropriate:
TR_m3_Goleth Iniriam
TR_m3_DreynimGuard
TR_m2_q_5_SedriEndavel

Yeah, just those 3. They'd have "I am %name, %class and %rank of the %faction." instead, and they ARE guards anyway, so "I am an Indoril guard." is fine.

- for Imperial guards, same conditions can't be used since a lot of Imperial Legion members meet them. No big problem for now: Imperial Archers and most special (scripted) Guards have NoLore. This is inconsistent with vanilla, so you'll have to think about their backgrounds if it's fixed in the future; for now, the main guards are those 4 from Data (2 normals, 2 captains) and they can just have their own ID-conditioned Backgrounds.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

rot: Thanks for these fixes. Have you checked that the new catch-all greeting for freed TR slaves in Greeting 2 doesn't overshadow any specific / quest-related greetings? (In vanilla it was in greeting 7.)

I'm merging your guards fix now.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

re:slaves - checked the buyable ones too (which, with the cell-specific ones and Nimbelor, are the only ones that can be freed and therefor get that greeting2). No quest stages get skippd by greeting 2 when they're freed. (Nimbelor does get his custom "Thank you so much" greeting skipped by the default "I am in your debt", tho that has no consequences)

I can see why we wouldn't want to have it in Greeting2 though: in case there are more quest-related slaves and/or all slaves become freeable in the future. In that case, like you said adding a "not freed" condition to all the other Greetings 2 works too. (did that in attached esp) The only difference is that if you're diseased or naked the slaves will have unfriendly greetings after they're freed. (not such a big problem imo)

also: ESP adds greeting2 for the newly freeable slave in Ohishiran
pra

Post by pra »

TR_i3-476-Ind_staff Chunzefk, Ruins -2389 1672 -1278 "called 'staff', but is a spear" changed to BluntTwoWide like other staves
Kaz
Developer

Post by Kaz »

Two things I noticed playing the new parts of Map 3:

Alchunord (TR_m3_zan_lichstaff, with enchantment TR_m3_zan_lichstaff_en) is on-use enchanted but has zero charge. Is it meant to be an expensive doorstop?

And the Watchman's Ring (TR_m3_q_3_reward, enchantment TR_m3_q_3_reward_en) has an on-use NightEye enchantment with duration 1 - for one, this seems less than useful and I'm not sure it's what was intended, for another, this might just be my game being buggy but in-game there was no duration visible at all and when I used the thing I wound up with what seemed to be a permanent, unremovable NightEye effect.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Kaz wrote: And the Watchman's Ring (TR_m3_q_3_reward, enchantment TR_m3_q_3_reward_en) has an on-use NightEye enchantment with duration 1 - for one, this seems less than useful and I'm not sure it's what was intended, for another, this might just be my game being buggy but in-game there was no duration visible at all and when I used the thing I wound up with what seemed to be a permanent, unremovable NightEye effect.
The explanation (arvisrend): it's the combination of On-Target (/On-Touch) and On-Self effects that causes the permanency bug;
1-second durations technically aren't a problem, I suspect they don't show duration ingame because there was otherwise no 'instant spell' in the template (so that spells like Cure Poison/Disease... don't get "for 1 second" in the description)

Will be removed from the enchantment, but as for fixing it in your savegame apparently triggering the bug again can remove the perma-nighteye. Bug seems to happen especially if the spell projectile hits a surface before the nighteye effect ends
Kaz
Developer

Post by Kaz »

rot wrote:
Kaz wrote: And the Watchman's Ring (TR_m3_q_3_reward, enchantment TR_m3_q_3_reward_en) has an on-use NightEye enchantment with duration 1 - for one, this seems less than useful and I'm not sure it's what was intended, for another, this might just be my game being buggy but in-game there was no duration visible at all and when I used the thing I wound up with what seemed to be a permanent, unremovable NightEye effect.
The explanation (arvisrend): it's the combination of On-Target (/On-Touch) and On-Self effects that causes the permanency bug;
1-second durations technically aren't a problem, I suspect they don't show duration ingame because there was otherwise no 'instant spell' in the template (so that spells like Cure Poison/Disease... don't get "for 1 second" in the description)

Will be removed from the enchantment, but as for fixing it in your savegame apparently triggering the bug again can remove the perma-nighteye. Bug seems to happen especially if the spell projectile hits a surface before the nighteye effect ends
Okay, that explains that! And no worries about my game - I was put off by the lack of duration on the NightEye and saved before using, so I have an unbugged game. I'll just use it as a paperweight. ;)
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

The creatures in cell "Shambalu, Shrine" will need to be deleted so the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23569]q2-29-Imp[/url] can be finished (they'll be replaced with special scripted ones).
Malchik

Diamond/Iron Miners

Post by Malchik »

One of their rumour topics refers to the LGNPC Pax Redoran Eggmine where the kwama queen can cast magic. The rumour ends up by them saying they are afraid they won't be able to continue as an egg miner. This is fine for egg miners but not other kinds of miner. It leads to topics about Kwama queen, worker etc. being added too which aren't appropriate.
I hate a yes-man, don't you?
Malchik

Thoroughly Looted shipwreck

Post by Malchik »

Probably already reported but the door to the cabin only works to enter. Once in you can't get out!

Seems to be already fixed
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Diamond/Iron Miners

Post by arvisrend »

Come again? What cabin? And why do we have LGNPC rumors? There is no intertextuality of any sorts between LGNPC and TR at the present stage.
Malchik

Replying to last post

Post by Malchik »

I thought I put the cabin name in the subject but perhaps I forgot. Thoroughly Looted Shipwreck off the island of Gorne.

I've had the rumours topic about a kwama queen that can cast spells (which is LGNPC) but perhaps the rumour topic is added by LGNPC and simply affects all miners irrespective of where they are.

In the Mephalain Mountains Region the Pamonibu mine is an Ebony mine but the miners call themselves egg miners.

In the Muthinis Cave the firepit close to the book The Folly of Steel appears to be floating.
that one was extinguished and fixed already
Cheers

Regarding mine/kwama miner/egg miner/ dialogue - was previously fixed by class TR_OreMiner
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Replying to last post

Post by arvisrend »

Malchik wrote:I thought I put the cabin name in the subject but perhaps I forgot. Thoroughly Looted Shipwreck off the island of Gorne.
Ah, thank you. Found (and will be fixed soon).
Malchik wrote:I've had the rumours topic about a kwama queen that can cast spells (which is LGNPC) but perhaps the rumour topic is added by LGNPC and simply affects all miners irrespective of where they are.
I think this is so (and then an LGNPC bug, because I assumed LGNPC dialogue should be local).
Malchik wrote:In the Mephalain Mountains Region the Pamonibu mine is an Ebony mine but the miners call themselves egg miners.
Known, and unfixed so far lacking good ideas for generic ebony miners dialogue. Feel free to suggest!
Malchik wrote:In the Muthinis Cave the firepit close to the book The Folly of Steel appears to be floating.
Fixed already in the internal version (and the firepit is no longer active, given that this place has been deserted for ages). Thanks for reporting nevertheless!
Malchik

Post by Malchik »

'I'm just a miner' would solve the problem in the short term. But various random additions could be made 'it's really hard work', 'it's a family tradition', 'they should pay us more', 'why don't they give us proper mining helmets?', 'at least ebony doesn't stink like those oversized bugs'.

Need more - just ask.
Malchik

Replying to last post

Post by Malchik »

Actually you do have dialogue for ebony miners as in Mannusudipat ebony mine. Could be duplicated.

I Necrom there is a rumour that the Arch Matron is seeing the healers more often ending 'what should we do without her' or words to that effect. Oddly she also has that rumour herself. Would have thought something more personal or avoidance of topic completely?

"People whisper our beloved Archmatron has been seeing her healers more often as of late. Where would we be without her?"
Malchik

More points

Post by Malchik »

Coldharbour Keelhaul

I took the sword back but because I had allowed the guy I stole it for to live I had to kill the daedra. This finishes the quest. Three days later I was teleported back to the Daedric Ruin with the JE telling me I hadn't completed the task given within three days. Apart from it being a nuisance it was pointless as there was no one there. If the quest is finished this possibility should be removed.

Astius Claenia typos

Seek my wisdom - burried should be buried
Ashlander customs - apostrophe missing from one's
Atrocities of war - well spread is two words
Solstheim - many people hear them there - no comma before 'there'

Sadas plantation (TR_m1_SP_Qfor AAdri)

Questions For A Adri

To finish the quest you can simply talk to the husband and then the wife. I believe you get Journal 110. Unfortunately the finished box is not checked on this JE so the quest shows as outstanding although there is nothing else you can do.

Gah Sadrith

Shada the slave has the wrong greeting. He referred to himself as being in GS for business.

Hides in Mist talked about having to 'swallow their despect'. There is no word 'despect'. As she does not get other words wrong I assume it is a typo for 'disrespect'?

Cheers
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

I think cell "Tower of Tel Mothrivra " has a extra unintended space that could make generic dialog filtering for "Tower of Tel Mothrivra" not possible in "Tower of Tel Mothrivra, blah" cells.

[EDIT]also cell "Kemel-Ze, Dizfchurmz "
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Amiro3 - attached fixes for a couple nitpicks (note: while this does nothing to satisfactorily handle the PC attempting to resolve the quest thru CommandHumanoid, it does only incidentally prevent it from blocking the quest)

- absconded from the Akamora egg mines, "You have returned with invisibility potions?"
could not give mixed (quality and exclusive) invisibility potions. Entry for it was there, just fixed condition to >=1e instead of >=2e

- TR_m2_q_27_KeySCN
if still in PC's possession (normal if helped slaves with potions), key would instantly disappear when placed on the ground anywhere after the quest. tweaked script, adding local.

- go free, (Akamora, Aravel-Senim Egg Mine)
could have the key but get the reply "You must find the key to these bracers before I can be freed." due to conditions. (after bringing Heel-Kur in, but before talking and giving the key to the handler)
added instead entry "No. You will not deceive me, slavehunter." if you betrayed em

- absconded from the Akamora egg mines,
"Ah, you are the one the Fighters Guild sent. Any success in finding them?"
"Three guesses why I'm stationed here. Any success in finding them?"
"Since you're from the Fighters Guild, I can tell you the details. " ...
could not give up the slaves if forced the bracers on Heel-Kur but left the hut without killing Lijarra (= neither follows);
added journal entry TR_m2_FG_Amiro3 30 = "I have found the two slaves hiding in the Miner's Residence hut." given by Heel-Kur's greetings, and updated above entries to allow it.
Now completing the quest by betraying them to the guard removes the key if it's in the inventory; if not, its later possession causes nothing wrong due to the above two.

- also took the liberty to addtopic "go free" and "Twin Lamps" from relevant dialogue in case they weren't known
Attachments
TR_m2_FG_Amiro3_fix.ESP
(8.96 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Loads of thanks to both of you, rot and Malchik!

I've taken the liberty to modify rot's ESP to include fixes for most of Malchik's bugs (those marked in boldface) and some improved dialogue. These will be merged as soon as the Mainland file is ready.

(rot) note: these have been merged
Attachments
TR_m2_FG_Amiro3_fix.ESP
(22.95 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
zarathustra

Post by zarathustra »

Hi all - sorry for sorta bucking the nomenclature, but these are two of the bigger errors that frustrated my gameplay earlier.

Cell: Windmoth Legion Fort, Tower
NPC: That unsavory Dark Elf whose "trade" comes in a bottle or as a powder
Problem: When I try to buy his product (well, this is a telling post) he tells me I don't have enough gold - regardless of how much gold I have (dialogue entry ordering problem?)

Cell: The Shrine of Solitude (as hard to find as the NPCs told me it would be...)
Error: No matter how many portions of Noble Sedge I have, the shrine refuses to grant me its blessing (script seems check for Horn Lilly, instead - an easy fix)
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Thanks a lot! The Shrine-of-Solitude bug is already fixed in our internal files. The bug with TR_m2_Naleth_Llarni is due to Gold_100 being used insteadof Gold_001 in his dialogue conditions. I'm glad that you spotted it, since I tend to test quests with millionaire characters.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Thanks abot, (moved to NPC/quests topic)
abot wrote:

player->startscript TR_m2_q_32_ZarenPackGlb      ; global script attached to player instead of object to delete, should be safer /abot 
- My understanding was that a script that is started (from an object's local script) without a target specified would be run as a global script, and not a targeted script on the object? Or is there another reason to target global scripts (or this specific one) on the player?
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

My understanding was that a script that is started (from an object's local script) without a target specified would be run as a global script, and not a targeted script on the object
if no caller is specified with the caller->globaScript syntax, the calling object is passed by default to the global script. This is powerful but risky if you execute commands in the global script when the caller has been deleted

e.g.
try attaching this local script to Fargoth

begin fargothScript

short state

short doOnce

;if ( doOnce )
	;return
;endif

if ( CellChanged )
	startscript fargothGTScript
endif

if ( doOnce )
	return
endif

short health
short level
short hello
if ( GetLevel > 10 )
	set health to GetHealth
	set level to GetLevel
	set hello to GetHello
	set doonce to 1
	Messagebox "Fargoth's changed health=%g, level=%g, Hello=%g" health level hello
endif

end
starting the global targeted script

begin fargothGTScript

short health
short level
short hello

set health to GetHealth
set level to GetLevel
set hello to GetHello
Messagebox "Fargoth's original health=%g, level=%g, Hello=%g" health level hello

SetHealth 500
SetLevel 100
SetHello 25

stopscript fargothGTScript

end
and test from a fresh new game

[EDIT]to clarify, attaching the script to the player is a workaround, good only for global scripts meant to stop very soon, because player is always available but is recreated on reload, so global script becomes detached on reload

[EDIT]commented out unnecessary repeated lines in fargothScript
Last edited by abot on Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

abot wrote: [EDIT]to clarify, attaching the script to the player is a workaround, good only for global scripts meant to stop very soon, because player is always available but is recreated on reload, so global script becomes detached on reload
Detached but still running? Good to know. Meaning the only untargeted global scripts are those and startscripts
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

Detached but still running? Good to know. Meaning the only untargeted global scripts are those and startscripts
Yes, if you need to use the script to refer to a previously passed implicit NPC/creature, usually better put a GetHealth <= 0 test that can be called without crashing even with detached creature/npc and if test is true stop the detached script before using other commands that could crash.

If your global script does not need to access the implicit caller properties (e.g. a script using explicit object->commands inside), it can keep running with no problem like a a autostarted global script
qqqbbb

Weird scripts

Post by qqqbbb »

TR_m1_treasurehunt_1, TR_m1_treasurehunt_2, TR_m1_treasurehunt_3, TR_m1_treasurehunt_4, TR_m1_treasurehunt_5 have weird scripts:

Begin TR_m1_treasurehunt_1_script

If ( GetLocked == 0 )
	If ( Player->GetItemCount "TR_key_DD14" < 1 )
		MessageBox "Although it appeared to have been unlocked, the chest remains sealed."
		Lock 85
	Endif
Endif

End
Did someone forget "if ( onActivate == 1 )" line?
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

I think they are clever.
IIUC Activation is untouched/works as usual without OnActivate block.
You can manage to unlock the chest, but without the proper key chest is locked again
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

They are, trouble is you'll get a message (and the thing will relock) if you drop the key or come to the location again without it. :> So, should still be fixed
qqqbbb

Post by qqqbbb »

It does works as usual without OnActivate block but the messagebox also pops up when you enter the cell.
qqqbbb

Post by qqqbbb »

applied, thanks

Script TR_m1_Q_RangirthChestScript can be simplified to this:

begin TR_m1_Q_RangirthChestScript

short doOnce

If ( doOnce == 0 )
	"TR_m1_Q_skel_rgirth1"->Disable
	"TR_m1_Q_skel_rgirth2"->Disable
	Set doOnce to 1
Endif

if ( OnActivate )
	if ( doOnce == 1 )
		"TR_m1_Q_Rgirthguard_1"->Disable
		"TR_m1_q_RanSword1"->Disable
		"TR_m1_q_RanShield1"->Disable
		"TR_m1_Q_skel_rgirth1"->Enable
		"TR_m1_Q_Rgirthguard_2"->Disable
		"TR_m1_q_RanSword2"->Disable
		"TR_m1_q_RanShield2"->Disable
		"TR_m1_Q_skel_rgirth2"->Enable
		Journal TR_m1_Wil_Coward 2
		Set doOnce to 2	
	endif
	Activate
endif

End
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

applied, thanks (still need to remove the keys off leveled lists and hide them)

rot wrote:They are, trouble is you'll get a message (and the thing will relock) if you drop the key or come to the location again without it. :> So, should still be fixed
It was too easy to be true, eh? Weird engine... I hope I finally got it fixed

# TR_m1_treasurehunt_1_script =================================================
Begin TR_m1_treasurehunt_1_script

short state

if ( OnActivate )
	if ( state )
		Activate
	elseif ( player->GetItemCount "TR_key_DD14" > 0 )
		set state to 1
		Activate
	elseif ( GetLocked )
		; MessageBox "It seems to need a special key."
	else
		MessageBox "Although it appeared to have been unlocked, the chest remains sealed."
	endif
endif

End

# TR_m1_treasurehunt_2_script =================================================
Begin TR_m1_treasurehunt_2_script

short state

if ( OnActivate )
	if ( state )
		Activate
	elseif ( player->GetItemCount "TR_key_DD01" > 0 )
		set state to 1
		Activate
	elseif ( GetLocked )
	else
	endif
endif

End

# TR_m1_treasurehunt_3_script =================================================
Begin TR_m1_treasurehunt_3_script

short state

if ( OnActivate )
	if ( state )
		Activate
	elseif ( player->GetItemCount "TR_key_DD18" > 0 )
		set state to 1
		Activate
	elseif ( GetLocked )
	else
	endif
endif

End

# TR_m1_treasurehunt_4_script =================================================
Begin TR_m1_treasurehunt_4_script

short state

if ( OnActivate )
	if ( state )
		Activate
	elseif ( player->GetItemCount "TR_key_DD29" > 0 )
		set state to 1
		Activate
	elseif ( GetLocked )
	else
	endif
endif

End

# TR_m1_treasurehunt_5_script =================================================
Begin TR_m1_treasurehunt_5_script

short state

if ( OnActivate )
	if ( state )
		Activate
	elseif ( player->GetItemCount "TR_key_DD08" > 0 )
		set state to 1
		Activate
	elseif ( GetLocked )
	else
	endif
endif

End