Indoril-Thirr Section File

Development of the Northeastern side of the Thirr Valley. Primarily Indoril land. Contains Almas Thirr, Dondril, and Roa Dyr.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Indoril-Thirr Section File

Post by Swiftoak »

This is the Indoril-Thirr Section File (formerly M3A2 and M3A3). All work in this section will be done on this file, and this file only.

This file constitutes House Indoril's territory on the Thirr River (the East Bank), containing the fortress of Almas Thirr, Roa Dyr (Draler Ilvi's castle-estate), and the village of Dondril. There are a few velothi farms scattered about the countryside.

Attached is the actual merge. Thanks to arvisrend and Sload for the post format.

WORKFLOW CONVENTIONS:

- If you want to edit this file (and are a developer), please ask the section leads for approval first (ninja edit: that's Nomadic1, rot, Thrignar Fraxix, Yeti). IRC is the easiest way to do that.

- If you want to do any kind of edits on the file and you have been greenlighted, please make sure that noone else has claimed it and then please claim it for yourself. Claiming the file means making a post (here in this thread) in which you explicitly announce in boldface that you are now working on the file. Once you either have made your changes or decide that you aren't going to, or just want to take a break, drop your claim by again announcing in boldface that you are no longer editing the file (and, obviously, uploading your latest version along with relevant information). To make this efficient, don't shy away from dropping and claiming liberally. If you know you have no time to work on the file for the next 2 days, do drop it -- maybe someone else will ninja in some edits in that time. Of course, you should not claim the file if someone else has it currently claimed.

- You don't need to get greenlighted by the section leads every time you want to re-claim the file; one approval (normally) lasts forever. That is, unless you're intent to make big (and/or possibly controversial) changes (e. g., new quests, or an overhaul of a region, or a new plantation); such changes should always be first suggested, then discussed and only then implemented (or not).

- The newest version of the file is always going to be attached to a recent post (not the first post in the thread, because not everyone has editing rights). Please be sure to change the version number after every iteration, so we can keep track of what file is the latest.

-Any proposal for additional work to be done on these files should be made in a separate thread. Once a proposal is worked out & approved by the section team, it will be put into the list of things to be done on that merge.

-Posts in the merge threads should be limited to posts about the status of the file - who is working on it, who wants to work on it to do what, what needs to be done still, et cetera. New ideas or questions should go into other threads.

SPECIFICS:

12/07/2014: As of this date, most Exterior-related work is done, except for the removal of Ilvi's manor, and modification of Roa Dyr to be Ilvi's Castle-Estate. This proposal is still being discussed [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24589]here[/url].

There is also a proposal to make some minor changes to Almas Thirr's dialogue and interior to better characterize it as a fortress rather than a town. This is yet to be discussed, and requires further conceptualization of the Indoril-Hlaalu conflict. Please do not make changes to Almas Thirr at this time.

A deailed list of changes to be made (from Yeti's old thread) below the cut.
[spoiler]-Convert Roa Dyr into an Indoril Manor Estate for Draler Ilvi. The general concept should preserve the city's canal design, while condensing it and giving it the look of a castle stronghold. Use [url=http://i.imgur.com/23j1w1L.jpg]this map[/url] as general inspiration, but try to improve on the layout. Follow this concept for further inspiration:
Sload wrote:Roa Dyr is the castle-estate of Indoril Draler Ilvi. It is a large castle on the Thirr, made up of several keeps separated by canals.

Adjustments: This is the biggest change on this list; Roa Dyr goes from being a town to a castle. A large castle, and still featuring the canals everyone likes. Also the Ilvi manor gets deleted, and there are other ints around the Thirr River Valley that need to be changed.

This is an attempt to reconcile what people like about Roa Dyr (the canal-look) with what we need from an MH style settlement in that location. It will continue to clearly identify this area as Indoril - more clearly, in fact, because the buildings will be big and tall - and continue to look nice, while also fitting in with the larger design goals for House Indoril.
- Remove Ilvi's current manor estate, though copy the buildings (preserving their layout) into a new interior cell in case we want to use the same manor elsewhere.
-Move the Temple in Roa Dyr to the current location of Ilvi manor, or somewhere closer to Dondril.
- Remove Dondril's cobbled-together inn and replace it with a Velothi building. Read [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24562]this thread[/url]and consider following Gnomey or Sload's last posts. Consider removing the outdoor sitting area as well.
-Remove the MH buildings to the west of Dondril and replace them with appropriate Velothi ones.
-The exterior-only OM ruins in (10,-23) could use improvement.[/spoiler]
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0050.7z
(2.31 MiB) Downloaded 356 times
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

My post is out of date. The map it links to should not be followed.

Also, I'm pretty sure Swiftoak, Rats, gro-Dhal and Haplo are not the leads in this section. I know for a fact that I am one of them.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Oops. I C&Ped my OE post :P

Feel free to change, though given so few of us are active, I don't even think we've been following the whole "Section Leads" thing. People are just working across sections and I'm OK with that so long as they're still being co-ordinated in an orderly fashion, it doesn't really matter to me who does that co-ordinating.
-Hippocrates
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I changed it. It's little surprise that you forgot to change it; the only place you can read up on who leads what section is in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24286]the post[/url] announcing the creation of the position. (Or the discussion leading up to the creation, which is naturally hidden to ordinary mortals and all that). I personally still think the input of section leads (preferably at least two of them) is desirable for making final decisions, (approving proposals and such). The prior discussions do not really require the section leads to be present, though that is obviously preferable.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

in no particular order, missing TODO for this:

- The "adamantium mine" [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23667]TR_i3-729-Ind[/url] is still in the file but was removed from the exterior (please give notice about these things!). Whenif it's been decided it's to be used somewhere else it should be removed from here

- still from [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=321435#321435]m3a3[/url], the farmer quest was informally tested but not reviewed
Outlaw NPCs need their AI Package Attack stats set to 100.
no, convention is 90 for ordinary outlaws - 100= when it should be impossible to make them friendly through disposition.

- likewise [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=321362]m3a2[/url] has remaining loose threads, see the bugreports in there (I've moved those back from archives to Finished for access, they still have relevant info)

- two ints are yet to be merged, [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=319469#319469]see here[/url]

- minor border stitching may be necessary between a2 and a3, check the two borders (at ?Y -28/-29 and X 10/11?)
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Claiming for implementing Swiftoak's proposal for Roa Dyr

All current exteriors will either be moved or put in an interior cell for safe keeping.

Edit: this includes a WIP file of work done so far. It's not at all complete, and open to suggestions.

Edit #2: [url=http://imgur.com/a/yVX5h#0]A gallery of the idea so far[/url].
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0056.rar
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 351 times
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

This is a highly reworked version of Roa Dyr, and also quite a bit further than the previous file.

I would very much appreciate comments on this.

Edit: New file, and new [url=http://imgur.com/a/iDW5M#3]screenshots[/url].
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0063.rar
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 347 times
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0065.rar
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 357 times
Last edited by Aeven on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Based on your screenshots, I think it looks promising. I'll add more in-depth feedback later once I have time to look at your file in the CS.

EDIT: My review of your work in the CS has not dented my enthusiasm. You've done a bang-up job on Roa Dyr so far, Aeven.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/zZdl2h0.jpg]Map With Comments[/url]

First off, I feel it's important to have only one road leading into Roa Dyr. Players shouldn't pass through Indoril Castle Estates when traveling. They should always make a conscious decision to visit an Indoril Lord's secluded manor.

To accomplish this, I suggest removing the bridge and road leading into the estate from the east, and make the small island a stopping off point for the siltstrider. Since Ilvi will play a major role in the Indoril questline, I think player convenience can justify a fast travel connection here. Naturally, this connection should be an off-shot and not a major link in the siltstrider network.

I like what you've done with the courtyard gardens. They really do a lot to shift Roa Dyr away from its former urban identity. I'm not, however, entirely sure if the location warrants a statue of Almalexia. ;)

I advocate removing the interior and exterior for The Tower and Temple. While castle estates might offer lodging for members of House Indoril, the current building looks too much like a regular inn.

Overall, the north side of the estate could stand some minor reworking to make it less town-like. Currently, it looks a little too much like a small satellite district, rather than a natural part of the estate.

NPC Note: I imagine we can populate the "docks" with two or three local peasants who've come to barter their wares at the castle. Doing this will give the docks a purpose without making the place feel like a bustling port.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Are you concerned about item placement issues at this point?
There are some floaters/bleeders here.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

making the rare forum post to share the opinion of others that having 5 buildings is a little too much. How about we do something cool with 2-3 of them instead. (Though in the future we should think these things through before implementing them in the cs).

The Chapel's Entry - This essentially functions as a gatehouse, audience chamber, and quarters for the castle keepers/steward. A place for people to bring their grievances (which always get thrown out).

Guard tower (moved from northern island) - connect this with a corridor leading to the chapels entryway (gate). (also remove the second bridge to the main island).

IDKwhat - someplace for visiting dignitaries to stay. Note if this is an "inn", it should not offer services to just anyone. Otherwise, replace with something more appropriate. Can have outlanders though.

derp. everything else is pretty solid imo. moar lanterns plz.
Attachments
derp.jpg
(779.83 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
-Hippocrates
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Releasing the file

Work on Roa Dyr is probably mostly done.

The area where Ilvi manor used to be, needs to be redetailed, and a road to Almas Thirr needs to be made going south from there, by approximation. It needs to bypass Roa Dyr, at least.

The former velothi temple for Roa Dyr could be moved closer to Dondril, where the peasantry has use for such things. In addition, removing 'rogue' doormarkers is a good idea, and the new Roa Dyr needs to receive new pathgridding. But this can happen when NPCing re-occurs.
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0067.rar
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 360 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Brilliant work, Aeven. Roa Dyr was an aesthetically pleasing town before, but it lacked a purpose. Now not only does it have a clear identity, but it looks even nicer as well. Top marks.

Someone should take before and after screens of Roa Dyr to post on Tumblr and at the officials. I'd do it, but I don't have a Morrowind installation with MGE enabled at the moment.

I'll take over the file and make sense of what areas still need our attention once I've finished my current work on Indal-ruhn in the Andothren Section.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Hey Yeti, use this file if you take this. I cleaned out a bunch of random cells.
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0068.esp
(7.19 MiB) Downloaded 274 times
-Hippocrates
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Claiming
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Update and Dropping for now

Merged Saveri Farm interiors and added NPCs. Performed minor detailing near the shacks east of Roa Dyr.

Small short-term tasks to do:

[spoiler]Review Velms Maloren's Quest

Finalize the road situation: which roads should be main roads and which ones should be back roads.

Widen the pass through the mountains to Othrensis.

Fix up the area in 11,-25 where Draler Ilvi's Manor used to stand. Replace with general wilderness.

Make the Old Mournhold ruins in 10,-23 more interesting.

Move Roa Dyr's former Temple to Dondril. Might want to place it where the Under Nest Inn currently sits

Do something about the palisade wall in Dondril to mitigate the huge uptick in ref count. Combine individual logs into separate wall sections?

Replace Mournhold buildings in 6,-22, 6,-23 and 7,-22 with Velothi houses. Re-purpose interior claims for them.[/spoiler]

Roa Dyr Interior Plan

[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/42ZhzS5.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Blue = Current Interior
Green = New Interior
Purple = Current Interior Might Need Adjustments

1. Ilvi Manor (Shrine within)
2. Guard Tower
3. Hall of Tollmer (Court Bureaucrats)
4. Storage
5. Hall of Toilmer (Servants)
6. Guard Tower (Add Jail)
7. Craftmer: Brewery
8. Hall of Delyn's Creed
9. Wizard
10. Sanctum of the Apologists
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0069.ESP
(7.21 MiB) Downloaded 313 times
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Ilvi manor needs a new basement with an entrance to the exterior.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I moved a discussion about Roa Dyr [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24589]here[/url], so as not to clutter this thread up. Please keep that discussion in mind if you want to work on this section file. (In other words, it might be better to wait on working on Roa Dyr until we know what changes -- if any -- it needs).
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

If nobody minds, I'd like to properly claim this to work on Roa Dyr. The file attached below is the same one I posted in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24589]this thread[/url]. I will be working off of it, as the general consensus seems to be that it is a good start. Discussion of what changes I would be making should naturally continue in that thread.

Edit: ah yeah, I'll also change the road texture west of Almas Thirr to match the roads in Andothren-Thirr.
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0070_Gnomey01.ESP
(7.22 MiB) Downloaded 320 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

You have my go ahead, Gnomey. :)
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

New file. This one contains far more radical changes than my last file, and I would appreciate feedback on what works and what doesn't. Screenshots will have to follow later; I have not tested this in-game.

Change-log:

Citadel: gave the residence a new foundation-terrace and altered its western facade, spending way too much time making an eye-shaped pool for reasons known only to God and Freud; replaced brewery with servants' quarters, wizard's quarters with barracks; added access to barracks and raised the courtyard.
-Ilvi Manor: added a back door to the terrace.
-Barracks: added a door to the terrace.
to do: add a railing to the terrace, fill new planters

Estate Gardens: added Chapel's Entry, tried to fill out the garden walls a little, moved plants around a little, mostly to make way for the other changes. I also deleted two superfluous street lamps.
to do: do something with the excess lights, detail

Council Gardens: expanded the north-side canal segment a little to make it look less disjointed, added a covered walkway to front yard.
to do: detailing

Tollmer's Yard: moved covered area, added another.
to do: clutter (containers...)

Front Yard: removed the buildings and bedrolls.
to do: detailing

I'll also naturally need to update and test the pathgrids. I'm not sure if I will be cleaning out the extra door markers and renaming cells, but that stuff is still a ways off anyway.

Edit: I managed to forget to update my TR_Data again, by the way, so that file still uses the version from August 7. The next file will use the current version of TR_Data.
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0079.ESP
(7.23 MiB) Downloaded 286 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

It looks good to me, Gnomey. :)

Would you mind taking a look at the section file's other minor exterior issues while we wait for more feedback on your Roa Dyr design? I listed them in my Aug. 10 post.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Hm, taking a look at them, I might try and tackle these:
Yeti wrote:Finalize the road situation: which roads should be main roads and which ones should be back roads.
I should be able to whip up a plan for this.
Yeti wrote:Widen the pass through the mountains to Othrensis.
This ties in with the road planning above, but this may require some work due to the way the pass terminates at the edge of the section. I'll look into it.
Yeti wrote:Fix up the area in 11,-25 where Draler Ilvi's Manor used to stand. Replace with general wilderness.
I'll see what I can do.
Yeti wrote:Make the Old Mournhold ruins in 10,-23 more interesting.
This would be tied into the general OM discussion I want to have. I'll try to get to that soon. While they're dull, though, I don't see much of a problem in leaving them for now.
Yeti wrote:Move Roa Dyr's former Temple to Dondril. Might want to place it where the Under Nest Inn currently sits
I'll put a suggestion for this in the applicable thread.
Yeti wrote:Replace Mournhold buildings in 6,-22, 6,-23 and 7,-22 with Velothi houses. Re-purpose interior claims for them.
Huh, I had no idea that existed. I might want to consider other options for this, but those buildings are definitely going to go.

As for Roa Dyr, I'll want to fix a few errors and other stuff and then I'll probably make another post in the applicable thread with screenshots. Hopefully that should generate some more discussion.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

A rather unpolished update. I should have something more polished soon. Did some work on Roa Dyr, and mostly filled in the mainroad, but I still need to finish filling in the mainroad and fix any texture mismatches.

Edit: Oops, I had a newer version. Attachment updated.
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0081.ESP
(7.25 MiB) Downloaded 284 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Change-log:

[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/Top-down.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_Top-down.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/RoaDyrPlan2.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_RoaDyrPlan2.png[/img][/url]

1. replaced residence foundation (still incomplete) and added access to foundation walkway from residence interior and barracks. The foundation walkway requires detailing, and I need to improve the way the buttresses connect to the manor. (The current solution is very cobbled-together).

2. added two more floors to the residence.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/Citadel-1.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_Citadel-1.png[/img][/url]

3. moved barracks to citadel and added access route.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/BarracksWalkway.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_BarracksWalkway.png[/img][/url]

4. added eye-shaped pool for reasons unknown as well as more planters which remain to be filled.

5. raised courtyard and fixed various caspers and floaters therein.

6. decided to try out a fancy entryway.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/CouncilGardensGateway.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_CouncilGardensGateway.png[/img][/url]

7. decided to restore the canal here, adding a walkway by which visiting Indoril can directly access the Garden of the Council.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/CouncilGardens-1.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_CouncilGardens-1.png[/img][/url]

8. tried out another entryway style to try and make Ilvi's garden seem more like the private space it is. The garden still needs detailing.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/CouncilYardGateway.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_CouncilYardGateway.png[/img][/url]

9. added a Chapel's Entry more in line with Swiftoak's concept for the building.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/ChapelsEntry.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_ChapelsEntry.png[/img][/url]

10. yet another try at an entryway.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/TollmerYardGateway.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_TollmerYardGateway.png[/img][/url]

11. moved stuff around a little; still needs crates and other clutter.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/TollmerYard.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_TollmerYard.png[/img][/url]

12. removed buildings, made other adjustments. Still requires detailing; especially the Garden of the Clansmer.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/CommonersYardOverview.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_CommonersYardOverview.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/CommonersYard.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_CommonersYard.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/CouncilYard.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_CouncilYard.png[/img][/url]

13. started detailing the Garden of the Council, mainly to make it look more withdrawn and exclusive.
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/CouncilGardensFlora.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_CouncilGardensFlora.png[/img][/url]

14. made a rough start at the road; still requires a lot of work.

[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/Birdseye.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_Birdseye.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/Docks.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_Docks.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/DocksDusk.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_DocksDusk.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/Foundation.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_Foundation.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/Foundationnight.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_Foundationnight.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/CouncilGardensOverview.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Roa%20Dyr/th_CouncilGardensOverview.png[/img][/url]

Other than that, I finished painting the mainroad, but it is still very unpolished, and I made a try at creating Vul. More on that in the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24672]Tier III City[/url] thread soon; you will have to wait a little on my specific commentary in the Tier III City and Roa Dyr threads.
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0085.ESP
(7.26 MiB) Downloaded 265 times
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I see that you tried to make these gardens but it looks like more wilderness. Maybe if only bushes were used instead of trees. That might contrast better with the wilderness outside the estate.
my opinion.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

It's amazing what can be done with the MH tileset. That chapel entryway is brilliant.

No complaints here really.
Test
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

sasquatch2o wrote:I see that you tried to make these gardens but it looks like more wilderness. Maybe if only bushes were used instead of trees. That might contrast better with the wilderness outside the estate.
You make a good point. I'll probably just try and improve on my design instead, as I think just bushes would open the gardens up too much, but I have some ideas to work off of now.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Looks flipping amazing, Gnomey.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Yeti wrote:
Replace Mournhold buildings in 6,-22, 6,-23 and 7,-22 with Velothi houses. Re-purpose interior claims for them.
When you get around to taking care of these, I suggest replacing one or two of the MH buildings with fishermans houses from Almas Thirr. I honestly still don't think a Temple stronghold and potential market town should have so many fishermen. Fishing feels more like a rural activity for peasants to subside on, not town dwellers.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

That sounds like a good idea. I'll probably just leave the exterior structures standing in Almas Thirr until we decide whether they should be cut or re-purposed. If re-purposed, I'd assume the inhabitants would not be fishermen or merchants, but that remains to be seen.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Just wanted to say, Gnomey, I like what you've done with both Roa Dyr and Vul.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'm afraid I haven't been working on this file as consistently as I would have liked; I'm mostly just making occasional adjustments here and there. If anyone else would like to grab this for a while, for example to do some NPCing or merge in some of the Othrensis interiors, just say the word; most of the changes I will still be making are mostly aesthetic anyway, and as such do not block progress on other aspects of the file.

That being said, I have made a few changes worth mentioning since I last uploaded a file:
- I've adjusted Vul to try and take Theo's concerns into account. I would naturally like to hear feedback on how the changes worked out; it's not the most delicate fix, but I think it does the job.
- I've done a bit of minor detailing around Vul.
- I did some work on the Roa Dyr Council Gardens to try and make them look more like gardens rather than wilderness. It's still unfinished, though. If people like the idea, I might do something similar to the Estate Gardens.
- I also updated the pathgrid of that cell.
- I also did some miscellaneous detailing around Roa Dyr, especially the dock; though, again, I haven't really finished any of it.
- I also did some more work on the roads.
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0088.ESP
(7.27 MiB) Downloaded 252 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Just to make sure, do I have permission to go ahead on [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=325113#325113]my proposal[/url] for Dondril?

A new file should be coming up with the roads pretty much done. The last bit I would need to do is the bridge linking to the Othrensis file.
As some interiors also need to be moved over from the Othrensis file to this one for Vul, I was thinking that would best be done in a single sweep.

If I get the go-ahead for Dondril, I should also be able to include those exterior changes in the file I upload. I'm not going to make any promises on Vul and Roa Dyr; I might do some significant detailing for the next file or I might not.

That only leaves the rural MH buildings and OM ruins Yeti pointed out. I still have to make proposals for them. (Or, naturally, anyone else can propose something). Considering its wealth of interiors, further discussion of [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24288]Almas Thirr[/url] might be helpful, or at least the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24635]Thirr River Conflict[/url].
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

What do we need to discuss about the rural MH buildings? Just make that area like the rural farmsteads south of Roa Dyr, with Velothi huts (go ahead and keep the shacks, though). It should look fine that way, and create some cohesion between the north and south of the Indoril side of the Thirr River Valley.

Do we want to have a full-fleged OM ruin (with an interior) close to Dondril? Right now, the exterior for it looks rather meager, hence why I was bringing it up.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Yeah, on second thought I agree on the rural MH buildings. I was considering other possibilities, such as whether a ruin wouldn't be better there, but there's a large Daedric ruin just to the south and, as you point out, Velothi hamlets and such are rather lacking up north compared to the situation further south.

As for the OM ruins, I'd still like to see a [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24668]proper discussion[/url] about OM ruins in general and a consensus on what purpose(s) they should serve and how they should look, which is why I think we can probably wait before expanding on those ruins near Dondril, though I agree that something should be done with them.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Well, I was planning to post this much earlier, but at least I got some more work done this way. I ought to have known better than to hold on to this file so long without an update, as I ended up taking a few liberties I wouldn't have otherwise. They're all documented below, however:

Changelog:
-redid vertex shading of roads; it was too brown
-adjusted mainroad slightly [url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/RoadBend.png~original]in one place[/url] to make it less linear
-fixed texture seams at crossroads, etc.
-detailed (though rather roughly) the spot where I [url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/RoadTerminus.png~original]removed a bit of road[/url] north of Roa Dyr
-finished detailing the Roa Dyr Council Garden
-added and cluttered Velothi watchtower in Dondril
-fixed some of Dondril's shoddy awning placement. There are still some caspers that need to be quashed...
-adjusted Dondril's pathgrid
-renamed "Roa Dyr, Temple" to "Vul, Temple", updated the doormarkers and made some minor adjustments to the interior.
-replaced MH buildings in wilderness (6, -22; 6, -23; 7, -22) with Velothi buildings; a rather scattered Velothi fishing settlement dedicated to Felms (patron of butchers and fishmongers).
-replaced guars in large pen with Velk. This is where Vul gets the Velk Nectar it ferments for the Indoril nobility.
-added some pilings and skiffs
-fixed a few random placement errors

Felms Hamlet
[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/HamletVelkPen.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/th_HamletVelkPen.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/HamletShrine.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/th_HamletShrine.png[/img][/url][url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/HamletFishermer.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/th_HamletFishermer.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/Aralorvillage.png~original][img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/th_Aralorvillage.png[/img][/url]

Interiors:
1. fisher
2. fisher
3. hetman (alternatively this interior could belong to a village priest)
4. velk breeder - a rather old Indoril guard whose familiarity with Velk was deemed more useful than his martial prowess. Has a rather steely temperament, and keeps the slaves in line, but has otherwise comfortably settled in his station.
5. butcher - mainly deals with fish, but also does whatever Dunmer do to Velks to get at the nectar; helps with the fishing when he has the time.
6. depot - should be relatively tidy. Velk nectar/nectar sacs are stuffed into urns here to be shipped out. Some other stuff might also be kept here, but should be kept out of the way. (Alternatively could be the home of the hetman if 3 is the home of a priest). Note that the [url=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g103/Gnomenator/HamletRooftop.png~original]dice on the roof[/url] should not indicate seedy corruption and gambling in this case; just a game to while away the hours, without any betting.
7. caravaner - owns a pack guar or two and regularly transports the urns of velk nectar to Vul, bringing back any necessities the hamlet lacks. Perhaps more worldly and wizened than his neighbours.
8. slave shack - they mostly help out with taking care of the Velks and lugging stuff around.
Any guards other than the velk breeder could be accommodated either by the velk breeder, the hetman, or perhaps in the depot.

To-do:
Roads:
-add bridge spanning over to Othrensis,
-adjust lighting along roads?
-update road signs...
Vul:
-detailing
-move Othrensis interiors to Indoril-Thirr file
-make adjustments to the interiors
Hamlet (6, -22; 6, -23; 7, -22):
-detailing
Roa Dyr:
-detail entry, especially council entry
-clutter docks
-alter estate gardens to match council gardens...
-fill planters
-clutter residence foundation.
-sprinkle in some more general clutter. (Culdems, etc.)

Next, I could either do more detailing, or I could try and make the changes to the Othrensis file and bring the interiors over. For the latter operation I wouldn't mind getting a quick run-through of the procedure to make sure I don't mess anything up.
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0094.ESP
(7.29 MiB) Downloaded 239 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Merging in the various interiors and adding the bridge all seems to have worked out without a hitch, which I find to be greatly disconcerting. I wouldn't mind of someone were to take a look at the file to make sure it's clean. Also, a lot of the Othrensis interiors have rather rough object placement, and could do with another look.

Changelog:
-removed some trees in and around Roa Dyr, made a rough start at Ilvi's garden and removed the gatehouse separating it from the citadel.
-fixed a few exterior placement errors.
-added a bridge connecting TRV to Alt Orethan. It may require more work.
-merged in Othrensis interiors as well as roerich's showcase and fixed their northmarkers, added some smoke to the latter near its fire.
-Vul #2: removed Skooma pipe, search-and-replaced Real Barenziah v. II with BookSkill_illusion2 "Silence" (seemed like the best fit; the Velothi/Temple book selection for quarto models is rather limited).
-Vul #4: fixed bleeding plant.
-Vul #7: fixed a few placement errors.
-Vul #8: fixed a few placement errors, added window.
-Vul #9: fixed a few placement errors.
-Vul, Bakers' Hall: replaced window and small eating tables with oven. Added smokestack and smoke. I will still be adding some clutter. Replaced the de_p_bookshelf with TR's flat variant so that I'd only have to fix half the placement errors. Ugh.
-Vul #16: fixed a few placement errors. Stopped short of fixing the table.
-stole Almas Thirr's smith for Vul, fixed Northmarker, added smokestack and smoke.

To-do:
Roads:
-adjust lighting along roads?
-update road signs...
Vul:
-detailing (exterior and interior)
-pathgrid
Hamlet (6, -22; 6, -23; 7, -22):
-detailing
-pathgrid
Roa Dyr:
-detail entry, especially council entry
-alter docks
-finish estate garden
-fill planters
-clutter residence foundation.
-sprinkle in some more general clutter. (Culdems, etc.)
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0098.ESP
(7.41 MiB) Downloaded 247 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Putting up my latest file so that it can be cleaned; I've grabbed two interiors from Almas Thirr and used them for the Felms hamlet, and otherwise have done some very minor detailing; for the most part this file is the same as the last one.

Edit: I forgot to add: Arvisrend has the file.
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0099.ESP
(7.41 MiB) Downloaded 253 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Releasing the file (with apologies for how long these few edits took).

Cleaned file and modified some IDs to fit TR naming conventions. There still exist doubled NPCs, though. Please check the following NPCs for doubles (these formerly had a "CLEAN" in their name):

NAME: ID:TR_m3_S_Bolawen_cln
NAME: ID:TR_m3_Valam_Saveri_cln
NAME: ID:TR_m3_Ollev_Yando_cln
NAME: ID:TR_m3_Quilmaro_cln
NAME: ID:TR_m3_Peror_Senan_cln
NAME: ID:TR_m3_Omesu_Varvol_cln
NAME: ID:TR_m3_Aduri_Drevon_cln
NAME: ID:TR_m3_Helna_cln
NAME: ID:TR_m3_Orgog_gro_mog_cln

Also, there is still a cell called "CLEAN_Saveri Farm, Manor".

Does activator TR_A2_Ex_MH_Pav_Water_Spray serve any purpose other than static TR_Ex_MH_Pav_Water_Spray_unscr from TR_Data? They have the same mesh and otherwise no differences.

Vul's Howling-Hound rent door is now called TR_m3_HowlngHndDoor. The place has no script yet, right?

Removed some unused (and sometimes broken or badly named) objects:

Code: Select all

Record: SCPT "tr_m3_summon_ghost_ln" Flags:0x0000 ()
  SCHD: ID:TR_M3_Summon_Ghost_LN  Num_Shorts:1  Num_Longs:0  Num_Floats:0  Data_Size:67  Local_Var_Size:5
  SCVR: Script_Variables: done
  SCDT: Bytecode:(compiled script code)
  SCTX: Script_Text:
begin TR_M3_Summon_Ghost_LN

; Summon an ghost when the corpse is activated

;hopefully.... 

; variables

short done

if ( OnActivate == 1 )

if ( done == 0 )			; edit made by arvisrend in order to avoid spamming the savegame with tons of ghosts

PlaceAtMe "Ancestor_ghost", 1, 1,1

set done to 1

endif

Activate

endif

End

Code: Select all

Record: ENCH "tr_m3_ce_luck_1" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:TR_m3_ce_luck_1
  ENDT: Type:(Constant_Effect)  Cost:0  Charge:0  Autocalc:(No)  Unused:0
  ENAM: Spell_Effect:(Fortify_Attribute/Luck)  Range:(Self)  Area:0  Duration:1  Mag_Min:1  Mag_Max:1
Attachments
TR_IndorilThirr_v.0100.ESP.7z
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 250 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

*Obligatory version 100 celebration*

Thanks for taking care of this.

As far as the CLEAN_ IDs go, looking into it again Tondollari would probably be the one to ask; I assume those came from his changes [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21202&start=120]here[/url]. I'd assume he had intended to clean out those references but never got around to it for whatever reason.

As far as TR_A2_Ex_MH_Pav_Water_Spray is concerned, I assume Aeven would be the one to ask; it was already there when I picked up the file, so I just used it. I'm not personally aware of any reason not to use TR_Ex_MH_Pav_Water_Spray_unscr. That being said, I would assume Aeven simply did not know of the TR_Data equivalent, or perhaps it was only added to TR_Data afterwards. I'll switch it out for the TR_Data version.

Vul's Howling-Hound rent door has no script, indeed. It was already there unscripted in roerich's showcase, so I decided to copy it over as-is. Rather silly of me not to document it, though.

Hm, somehow I feel like there's a theme to all of my answers... :P

Ah right, I'm claiming this file for the time being, just in case the mood to work on it strikes me. That being said, if anyone else has any concrete plans for this file, please say so.