Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

5-12-Red

Post by Swiftoak »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_5-12-Red (#179)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_5-12-Red_Swiftoak Woodwarrior_1.esp; TR_5-12-Red_arvisrend_1.esp; TR_5-12-Red_wollibeebee_2.esp

---

Uld Vraech, wilderness, village and side road.

Please download the merged map 5, meshes and textures found here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347 - and work from the esp. Smooth/fix and change landscape if necessary, preferrably not so much at claim borders.

Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often. It is advisable to keep neighboring claim cells while working on your claim IF they are in a acceptable finished state, as to keep static/texture/style consistency in our work. If in doubt, look to earlier finished claims for reference.

The program TESAME is ok for cleaning.

5-12 should continue the snow/icy style of neighboring 5-11, creating a hostile and cold environment. Also, on large flat stretches of land (there aren't that many though), make sure to make a couple of sink holes.
See this pic: http://i.imgur.com/9Q1yh.jpg for reference on what a sinkhole should look like.

Maelkar's Outpost is featured in this claim, I've placed and added a few statics for you to work on. Feel free to change/enhace the layout. The key element is the redoran watchtower, the little run down village and the mine.
Feel free to add ice/snow caves to the wilderness in this claim. A ruin could work as well. These are the alpine parts of the Velothi Mountains, much snow is to be expected, covering stuff. Border mountains are supposed to be unscalable by foot.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers. Some roads are a little "off" in the Uld Vraech part, but the merged map file has the layout we're aiming for.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/4bpa4.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/4bpa4s.jpg[/img][/url]
Clicky me...

Note that the village name is not 100% decided.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

Beneath a Redoran tower is hudled a small, run down town. Originally built around the mine, the town grow as it's natural ore deposits provided a source of trade. But time has not been kind to the village, and the mine doesn't support it any longer, making it "run down."

Nearby, within view of the village, is a Daedric ruin, it's tallest fingers only just reaching up and out of the snowy alpines.

I haven't viewed the claim in the CS just yet, sorting that out now. This is just my initial suggestion, and I'm happy to change anything (such as the status of the mine :) )
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Granted, and as mentioned on irc, one of the admins will change your membership status shortly.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

How is this claim coming along?
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

I did a bit:
started a Daedric ruin in some horribly jagged ice wastedland. But it's pretty ugly still.

I think I'm going to revoke this for now, there's a lot of stuff at P:C I need to get finished. I should be uploading those recoloured rocks in a few days (map 4 looks great with it, btw. :P ) But for now I'm to busy exterioring elsewhere and you are welcome to blame Scamp. Haha.

Sorry Nemon! I'll try to make up for it soon.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Feel free to take a look at what I've done to the south next door in 5-32 for a reference of how I used the new snow cliff meshes to make really jagged mountains in the westernmost, highest peaks of my claim.

They are a godsend.

Edit: Scratch that silly old me for not reading the post entirely and realizing you want this revoked. Sorry :(
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Before I revoke it, since you said you did a bit of work, maybe could you upload it to the top of the thread in the claim section first? :-D
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

wollibeebee wrote:I did a bit:
But for now I'm to busy exterioring elsewhere and you are welcome to blame Scamp. Haha.
I'll take revenge by adding tons of stupid looking TR cells into Cyrodiil - no worries :twisted:
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

Haplo wrote:Before I revoke it, since you said you did a bit of work, maybe could you upload it to the top of the thread in the claim section first? :-D
Alright!
Also, here's the rocks: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... lrocks.JPG
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Revoked because omg suxors. + modder's wish. Thanks for the WIP, can't wait to see that daedric ruin continued.
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

For whoever claims it whilst I'm off gallivanting around the Gold Coast:

I intended to make it for Hircine, even though I have no idea if the Daedric worshipped him. If they do, maybe you could find a way to implement that. Spear shaped formations, whatever resembles a wolf or bear, etc.
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

-Double Post-
Last edited by wollibeebee on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

Can I reclaim this?
Cheers
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Granting! Have fun. :)
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

Yo yo yo
yo

Update time, I had completely forgotten to update.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/236 ... laim12.JPG

Progress goes well. Moral average. Such is life.

Also, I might just axe that Daedric ruin, and I'm kind of waiting for Swiftoak to finish his claim before I can finish my own mountains.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Any updates for us, wollibeebee?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

None.

I don't wish to drop it either, I'm just busy with dem mountains (which may even effect this claim...)
wollibeebee
Developer

Post by wollibeebee »

Just gonna drop this, I'm so busy modeling that it would be better if someone else was to do this.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Revoked as per modder's request. I look forward to seeing your models, Wolli. :)
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Fixed to replace scripted instances of mortag glacier. IMO this mesh is too regognizeable and has a high polycount, so if we want icebergs, we should eventually phase them out with our own meshes later on. This can be worried about later.

Uploaded fix at top, use my file. Also cleaned a few dirty cells.
-Hippocrates
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Use my file, which has TR_bm_ex_icebergW replaced by TR_terrain_BM_iceberg (same thing but already in TR_Data).

For future reference:
E:\games\mw>tes3cmd modify --replace "/TR_bm_ex_icebergW/TR_terrain_BM_iceberg/" "Data Files\TR_5-12-Red_Swiftoak Woodwarrior_1.esp"
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Cleaned some more dirty cells, use my file (again).

sorry arvis :P
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Locking, work on this will continue once we have the section planned, and quite possibly with a new claims-system.