Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Good to know, I tried following the proper uploading guide link in the claim description but it appeared to be broken. I'll properly clean with my next submission.
Thanks Nemon.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:43 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Melchior Dahrk wrote:
I tried following the proper uploading guide link in the claim description but it appeared to be broken

Which link is that?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:00 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

The Claiming Tutorial:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12365
Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:42 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Hmm. That link should go to here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=faq&section=125837

I'll see if I can't fix that.

EDIT: Two hours later, I have fixed it. Now clicking the Claiming Tutorial link will actually take you to the claiming tutorial.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Sweet! It seems to work as intended now Haplo.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Yes... it was quite the adventure finding it! It was expressed in code as a local URL with a specific topic ID instead of as a full URL to the actual Tutorial page.

At TR all of our Tutorials are actually just forum posts in a hidden Website forum, so we can create and update them easily in a somewhat-WYSIWYG editor (with a post preview option, too! how handy). What Zephyr did is apparently link to that tutorial's thread in the hidden forum. Either he did not realize that he could see it only because he was an administrator, or he didn't know the forum would be hidden. Anyway, problem solved!

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Here's a cleaned version of the WIP you uploaded.
Now, what I had to do was as follows: I dl your file, opened it in the CS, and raised a random bit of landscape in every single cell in your claim - but ctrl-z'ing every action. Then save. This left every cell edited (although reset), which is important when it comes to cleaning.

After this, I opened the file in TES AME (our cleaning utility), did NOT sort the list in any way but removed all entries (click line, use shift for multiple, space to select and delete to remove) but these:

Type ID
TES3
Texture Sand
Texture Rock_Coastal
(etc)
Static TR_terrain_BM_scliff01 through 05 (because these are not in the tr data file yet.
Cell TR_5-8_Red
Landscape
plus the additional cells.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAopBkLBNKk&list=UUUBPrJzo87zJld0gdxG3wFw&index=1

Simple video using your file as an example.

Clean TR_5-8-Red_Melchior Dahrk_1.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Clean TR_5-8-Red_Melchior Dahrk_1.esp
 Filesize:  346.22 KB
 Downloaded:  70 Time(s)

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:00 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Dang, I keep missing posts. Can you follow topics on this forum?

Thanks for that info Nemon, that'll be very helpful for cleaning future revisions.

------------------------

Stealing this post to use it as an update too.

I haven't made any progress other than painting a few more textures and placing a bare handful of rocks since the last update. My job that pays is in full force now and I've been chopping lots of wood to heat for the rest of the winter.

Posting here makes me want to work on it some more though. So if I have time Friday night perhaps I'll get some more work done then. I'd like to get a layout done for the "wilderness" portion of the claim now that I have the settlement outlined.

Thanks,
Melchior
Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:12 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
arvisrend
Lead Developer
04 Oct 2010

There's a "Watch this topic for replies" link at the bottom of viewtopic.php.
Post Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:07 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Clicked it, thanks arvisrend!
Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Hello, got enough firewood now? Very Happy
Post Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Updates?
Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:36 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Nemon wrote:
Updates?

Yes, I do have something. I've done a bit of work on the road leading to the village.

I've updated the claim with the newest file. Here are some screenshots for quick reference, though the area is still quite unfinished.

MGE Screenshot 006.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MGE Screenshot 006.jpg
 Filesize:  845.32 KB
 Downloaded:  179 Time(s)

MGE Screenshot 016.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MGE Screenshot 016.jpg
 Filesize:  986.8 KB
 Downloaded:  181 Time(s)

MGE Screenshot 017.jpg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MGE Screenshot 017.jpg
 Filesize:  982.12 KB
 Downloaded:  182 Time(s)

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:07 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

So I'll assume that I cleaned it correctly this time? Very Happy
Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Yeah, it's done correctly now!
Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:49 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Nemon wrote:
Yeah, it's done correctly now!

Very good, thanks for the video Wink
Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:28 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Claim coordinates updated as per agreement between Melchior Dahrk and Hells.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:23 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Whops, this should have been updated last week.
Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:05 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

I'm afraid I don't have anything new to show at the present. Long hours at work, being ill, tending the ill, and felling trees has been dominating my time.
Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Any updates on this one?
Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:01 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Any updates on this one?
Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:43 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

Once again, unfortunately, I haven't gotten anything more done. I haven't had time since I'm transitioning into another job and we're in the process of house searching and packing up to move... I intend to make some time to work on this this week.
Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:54 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

That is no problem, Melchior!
Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Melchior Dahrk
Developer
28 Nov 2008

I don't think this claim is going to come to completion through me, unfortunately. Real life is taking a turn for the worse at the moment and I don't have time for my own WIPs, let alone taking on other time consuming efforts like this.

It shames me to relinquish this self-afflicted obligation since I was really looking forward to finally contributing to this great project, but I just don't think I can at this time.

With that said, feel free to use the .esp I was working on, if anyone liked where I was going with this claim. Otherwise, it can be discarded.

And with ALL THIS said, CS-work is too time consuming for me right now, but 3D-modeling is not (I have free time here and there). I've done a lot of work in blender and have become fairly proficient in my opinion. I will inspect the open model requests and see if there's anything I can do which will only take a couple hours.
Post Mon May 13, 2013 3:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

No problems, revoked as per modder's request!
Post Mon May 13, 2013 10:04 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Imagine me claiming this. What has changed about the co-ordinates, as Nemon speaks of a few posts above?

<Nemon> I've never understood the way of weed

<~Haplo> I like cheese. I like cheese alot. yes. truly, in fact I love the cheese

<+SamirA> butt hat is the endgame
Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

The current map (http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=forum/showmap&map=5) seems to be wrong, visually. 5-8 is still 8 cells, down from 10 after Hells got -30,21 and -30,20 from it to use in 5-10.

5-8 is still as described in the claim description, and as seen if you download Hells' latest 5-10 WIP with Melchior Dahrk's latest 5-8 WIP.
8 cells. Go go go!

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:01 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Visualise me claiming this. Realise it actually is me claiming this.
Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:02 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Granted!
Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:04 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Hey, my graphics card went beserk and don't werk. In other words, I can't do anything with this for now. Revoke?

<Nemon> I've never understood the way of weed

<~Haplo> I like cheese. I like cheese alot. yes. truly, in fact I love the cheese

<+SamirA> butt hat is the endgame
Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:58 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Revoked (for now)
Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:11 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
alex25
Developer
21 Jan 2010

Claiming this...hopefully I'll even finish it.
Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:11 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

Granting, have fun! :)
Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

Hey alex, how's this coming along? I'm only asking becasue we have a new exterior dev (cookie16) who's looking for something to do. If you're busy with your other claims or RL, let me know so I can give our new developers some work! Thanks!
Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:43 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
alex25
Developer
21 Jan 2010

Hey! Sorry for being such a lazy ass.

I haven't done a lot with this claim and while I've recently started to make some significant progress it won't be finished fast (so if this claim is in any way a priority then please revoke it). If not then I'll post an update with changes to the town layout and the landscape next week and decide if I can finish it or not based on how much progress I manage to make.
Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:27 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Have you been able to make any progress on this, alex25?
Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:53 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Please update this in the next week.
Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:08 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Revoked as per modder's request sent via a pm. I know you said you weren't satisfied with your work on this, alex25, but you can still post a file here for the next claimant to look at and judge for themselves whether they want to continue off it.
Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:27 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

Fixed to replace scripted instances of mortag glacier. IMO this mesh is too regognizeable and has a high polycount, so if we want icebergs, we should eventually phase them out with our own meshes later on. This can be worried about later.

Uploaded fix at top, use my file. Should alex25 return with his file, this will have to be repeated. Otherwise, yeah use my file.

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:36 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

Locking, work on this will continue once we have the section planned, and quite possibly with a new claims-system.
Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:39 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group