5-32-Red

Moderator: Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Before Nemon asks for progress :P

Since my modtime has been mostly spent prioritizing the review of Almalexia's interiors, not much has been done. I do plan on working on this as much as I can next week, as I may be gone for awhile in August. Don't know when but this claim needs an update anyway.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

More stuff with the mountains done. I don't dare touch the landscape yet as most of the time i do, it causes land tears.

File up. Hoping to squeeze another more substantial update on the weekend.
-Hippocrates
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I just took another look at your newest file. Epic! Am I right to see a Skyrim-style barrow on the edge of this? It sure looks like it ;)
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Newest file. Probably the last one for quite some time unfortunately. Redid parts of the nordic ruin, more stuff on the mountains. Mostly the nordic ruin though.

Oh and I raised the extra row of cells bringing the cellcount on this claim to 21. All clean too.

All that's left to do is touching up those mountains a bit more, the dwemer ruin, additional detailing, and a few bits to the east to match borders. I might have another WIP at month's end, but that's cutting it tight. I still want to keep this though, as I intend to finish it.
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Okay last, last update for a few months. Maybe I might sneak another one in at the end of the month, but I doubt it. If so, this claim will have to wait until December unfortunately. It's almost certain I will finish it then.

Not much left to do. Detailing in the east has begun, I already made the sinkhole. Lots of stuff done with the nordic ruin. I think I'm actually done with it. Quite a bit done on the mountains too, they're almost done. Experimenting with the dwemer ruin more, but I fear that will end up bottlenecking the claim. The rest is just bringing the ref counts up with fine detailing.

Upping to 80% with a new file. Do take the time to look at this, the sinkhole, and the nordic ruin. Especially the nordic ruin. Did I mention the new glacial rapids that flow through the northern part of this claim from neighbouring 5-12?
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Progress up to 90%. Pretty much all the basic static placement complete in all cells.

Things Left:
-Fine detailing overall. (NW mountains, the new glacial rapids, and some of the eastern snowy bits)
-Dwemer Ruin.
-Oh, and fixes.

All of this will be done in December when I return. Will it be too much to ask someone to do a preliminary review on this while I'm gone? Arvis, or Tyrion, or anyone with a good eye? If you fellers would care to, and have time for.

I found it was very easy to get lost in this claim, so there's bound to be caspers and stuff all over the place with the big rocks and scliff meshes. Particulary in the Nordic ruin/enclosure thing. I'm not going to be adding anymore scliffs, I've abused them already.

If you can provide a list when I get back that would make things much easier. Even better is if you fixed them as you went and posted a file for me to work off from when I return. I very much intend to put this in the bin before the turn of the year.

And as always, feedback/suggestions are welcome. I will comb them through when I return. For now, adieu my fellow TRnerds! :)
-Hippocrates
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Secret government mission? Take care, nonetheless, I'll leave this in claimed till you get back.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

After taking a quick look I must say this looks lovely. The Skyrim-style ruined barrow in particular is neat. :)

However, one probably shouldn't use the "bm_ex_iceberg"'s since they get disabled and replaced with another model after the events of Bloodmoon, IIRC.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Yep, bmstartupscript and mazegate3Script enable and disable them. That's why they should stay unique references.

Code: Select all

if ( GetJournalIndex BM_WildHunt < 100 )
	bm_ex_iceberg_collapsed->Disable
endif

Code: Select all

if ( binkplayed == 1 )
	bm_ex_iceberg->Disable
	bm_ex_iceberg_collapsed->Enable
	PlayBink "bm_endgame.bik" 1
	;Player->PositionCell -201650.438 215543.578 118.587 120 "Solstheim, Mortrag Glacier"
	if ( GetDeadCount "falx carius2" == 0 )
		"falx carius"->Enable
	endif
	set binkplayed to 2
	Journal BM_WildHunt 100
endif
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Well whoever's in charge of TR Data should update it with a. I've seen Nemon use it in his exteriors, so I don't see the issue. If there is, I'll let you sort it out. I'll do a searchandreplace when I get back.

I managed to lay out the dwemer ruin. Quite a complex structure. But incredibly frustrated and being held back because statics aren't rotating properly (the pipe meshes and the ceiling meshes) won't even rotate properly when i try to place the darn thing where it's supposed to be. Incredibly frustrated with this claim right now as it's 95% finished, and I'm getting stuck.

See you all in December (for real this time).
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Just a courtesy update-that-isn't-really-an-update:

This probably won't be done, even in December, for the obvious reason that my extensive exterior reworking on TR_Mainland pre-empts this priority wise (again for obvious reasons). I haven't forgotten about this though, it's almost done anyways. I'm here for the long-haul this time 'round, so it's not like I'll be running off anytime soon.

Thanks for letting me keep this claim Nemon.
-Hippocrates
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

What exactly are you re-working on the mainland file, Swiftoak?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Dedefecating significant portions of M3 landscape, though I'll post a thread about it later as not to detract from 5-32 stuff :P
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Done with Mainland but won't be working on this for awhile, pending a review of local/regional plans that are yet to be made. Also wolli's making some mountain stuff. Still want to keep this, but I'll revoke if anyone wants to pick it up (though idk what anyone would do with this as it's mostly done). May end up toning the hell down out of the ruins in this region because it has a large concentration of dungeons/interiors.

File is still the latest.
-Hippocrates
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Have you been able to work on this at all, Swiftoak? It's been more than two months now.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Do you still want to hold onto this, Swiftoak?
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Revoking as I don't have the time or will to do this atm. Might come back when we sort out the wolli asset situation. Might not. If anyone has any fresh ideas feel free to use the latest file (yes that file), or just start fresh.

I apologize for even hanging onto this claim for such a long time. It was extremely selfish of me to do so. This should have been revoked a long time ago. I haven't been on the forums for 2 months due to serious RL stuff so I apologize I didn't do this sooner.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Herpladerp.

Fixed to replace scripted instances of mortag glacier. IMO this mesh is too regognizeable and has a high polycount, so if we want icebergs, we should eventually phase them out with our own meshes later on. This can be worried about later.

Uploaded fix at top, use my file. Tested this claim ingame, and let me say it was a huge mistake to use those BM cliffs. Icebergs or retextures. It's virtually unplayable. The mountains and ice river will need to be redone from scratch unfortunately when the assets are ready. The rest of the claim (including the dwemer ruin and fake Nordic ruin) should be salvageable.
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Locking, work on this will continue once we have the section planned, and quite possibly with a new claims-system.