Questions? Ask Them Here!

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Thank you all, I understood everything.
Some screenshots that showed the Yeti in his last post, the way is much better.
By the way I do not understand why if the majority of those who make these modes at the same time working on TR, these projects are separate. If right here on this forum would be sections on "Skyrim" and so on, then they would find out about more people. In any case, the original TR was planning to add all provinces.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Not everyone working on TR also works on Skyrim, and vice versa. So it's easier from an organisation point of view to keep the projects seperated.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Okay. But we may just write in the status: "Developer. Location: Dragonstar, Skyrim"
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

I have a technical question, what happened to the Upload Avatar from Computer link? I linked my avatar to imgur.com and it stayed for a day and now I'm back to no avatar. Is the code for the forum board to upload picture files not working properly?
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

I can see you fine
Test
Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

Many of the pictures and videos that still float around the public show a totally outdated version of our exteriors. Many assets have been updated so they feature much more of a desaturated and barren skyrim wipe, so this "wow-look" shouldn't be there anymore.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

NPC scoring will be in TR? Like in tribunal NPC talk something like "mournhold city of light city of magic" or like in bloodmon some questgivers talk prases about current quesst.
ihavefivehat

Post by ihavefivehat »

Speaking of Home of the Nords and Project: Cyrodiil, I've always been curious as to why those two projects chose to start all the way in the west rather than in the east where they could link up to the Tamriel Rebuilt landmass. As a TES fan, it would be an absolute dream come true to be able to walk between Morrowind, Skyrim and Cyrodiil seamlessly and I'm sure there must be others on the teams who feel the same way.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Could have been poor planning, but more likely it was to distance both projects from TR, politically and geographically. This is just a guess.
my opinion.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

ihavefivehat wrote:Speaking of Home of the Nords and Project: Cyrodiil, I've always been curious as to why those two projects chose to start all the way in the west rather than in the east where they could link up to the Tamriel Rebuilt landmass. As a TES fan, it would be an absolute dream come true to be able to walk between Morrowind, Skyrim and Cyrodiil seamlessly and I'm sure there must be others on the teams who feel the same way.
I'm pretty sure that SHOTN and P:C started in the west to make time for planning the borders between the other landmass mods. Someday they will all come together, and you'll be able to walk in-between provinces, rather than teleport.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
ihavefivehat

Post by ihavefivehat »

I have to say, it's pretty mind-blowing to imagine all of Skyrim, Cyrodiil and Morrowind being implemented in the same world-space. You guys are doing great work.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

If are a fan and have the time and motivation it would be great if you would help. The reality is what you want, a completed Morrowind that shares boarders with these other mods, will not even come close to happening unless more people who are interested in this take an active role in its creation. Posting quest ideas or making interiors would both be potentially very useful.

I like this project for its retro, hand crafted nature and shear scale. It is a very creative thing. I'm sure many people would have the opinion that this is such a niche nerdy thing, but to me it is really amazing. Creating an entire world requires such a broad creative skillset that I am amazed more people are not involved in TES related projects.

We are building an entire world, the story and character and lore. Being involved gives you greater appreciation for the work. It gives you the realization that every detail has been hand placed by someone, thats hundreds of thousand of objects alone. All that takes time and vision and coordination and shared appreciation of the goal. TR is such an extension of Elderscrolls lore that it is Morrowind. Anyone who is a Morrwoind fan and cares about TESIII modding should join.
my opinion.
ihavefivehat

Post by ihavefivehat »

Actually, I would love to get involved. I've been following TR on and off for almost a decade and I do have plenty of ideas stored away. I suppose I've held off on joining the project because I can't guarantee that I'll be able to devote a lot of time to it and also because my skill set is limited.

I have art training, but it's traditional and not digital. I also have some limited game design and programming skills, but strictly at a self-taught curiosity based level. Aside from that, I consider myself to be a somewhat decent writer and I have a pretty active imagination.

My experience at actually modding Morrowind, though, is nil.

Given that, if there's a particular area that I could help with, please let me know.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

I feel like we haven't had much concept art for a long time. What sort of stuff do you think you could draw? Plants? Clutter? Landscapes? In-game art/carvings?
Test
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

I now draw Argonian armor and weapons.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Baan Malur is a Blacklight on danmer language?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Yes.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

"MARK: Tribunal Dialogue Above" shows up whenever I talk to someone. I'm running the Steam GOTY. Is the only way to fix this a new install? This is the second time its happened. Also having problems loading Alpha in CS.
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

sasquatch2o wrote:"MARK: Tribunal Dialogue Above" shows up whenever I talk to someone. I'm running the Steam GOTY. Is the only way to fix this a new install? This is the second time its happened. Also having problems loading Alpha in CS.
I'm not sure about the first problem, but for the load Alpha issue, in your ...Steam\SteamApps\common\Morrowind directory is there a file called "Warnings.txt"?
This gets rewritten every time you start MW or the CS. Besides the "Previous string is different for topic" issues, which are normal for MW+BM+TB games, what else is listed in the file? Have you ever been able to load the Alpha?
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

A long list of global variables are not found in TR_Mainland or TR_Alpha.
my opinion.
Envy123

Post by Envy123 »

Will there be a TR main quest? If so, will the vanilla main quest be changed to comply with the new main quest? And would it be before, during or after the vanilla MQ and Tribunal MQ?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Envy123 wrote:Will there be a TR main quest? If so, will the vanilla main quest be changed to comply with the new main quest? And would it be before, during or after the vanilla MQ and Tribunal MQ?
There are no plans for or against any of that at this time.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Envy123 wrote:Will there be a TR main quest? If so, will the vanilla main quest be changed to comply with the new main quest? And would it be before, during or after the vanilla MQ and Tribunal MQ?
1.I think the easiest way to extend the quest of the Tribunal on the entire continent. (Search conspiracies, clockwork city, refuges of the dark brotherhood etc.)
2.Make quests of great houses on the mainland continuation of major.
3.Quests factions also expand proportionately. (Guilds, Temple, etc.)
4.Add a lot of side quests.
5.????
6.All land in game

Perhaps they do so. I would have done so. But they can come up with something better.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Note that any mainquest we have will almost certainly reflect the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24486]themes[/url] we have worked out for the project. I'd also argue that the Great Houses will probably end up with much greater prominence than they had in vanilla Morrowind, effectively becoming mainquests in and of themselves as opposed to just Dunmer equivalents of the Imperial guilds.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Need a lot of quests. In the original game 427 quests.
You need ~5 original games that mod was not empty.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

sasquatch2o wrote:A long list of global variables are not found in TR_Mainland or TR_Alpha.
Sorry, I've tried to reproduce this error - but to no avail. Maybe one of the more experienced techies will know what's wrong. I can only suggest reinstalling MW (or just redownload the TR files) - BUT I HATE giving that advise, especially when I'm unfamiliar with the Steam installation process.

One final question, do you get these errors when the programs loads, or after you load a saved game?
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

its just in the CS. really only a problem i want to look at the exteriors obviously. the tribunal dialogue error prevents me from playing the game though so thats a more serious one.
my opinion.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

When the new release will be able? Around February?
Tes96
Reviewer

TR_misc_brush?

Post by Tes96 »

Is the item "TR_misc_brush" used for brushing hair or cleaning pots & pans? Or both?

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'd go with both. This is one case where modders can play around with context; maybe the NPC is very attentive of keeping a tidy appearance, or maybe the NPC is very diligent with housework, or maybe the NPC is a particular brand of slob who uses the same brush to brush hair, pots and pans and shoes. :P
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Gnomey wrote:I'd go with both. This is one case where modders can play around with context; maybe the NPC is very attentive of keeping a tidy appearance, or maybe the NPC is very diligent with housework, or maybe the NPC is a particular brand of slob who uses the same brush to brush hair, pots and pans and shoes. :P
Thanks, Gnomey. That helped me for reviewing because I'll see brushes used in the strangest interiors.

Also, why are the stoneware plates the same weight as the vanilla plates except five times as expensive? The value I'm uncertain on but shouldn't stone plates weigh more than metal and clay/pewter plates?

Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

In the same vein of suspect use of objects, did we ever reach a decision on the proper use of Sload Soap? Is it strictly alchemical, used for hygienic purposes, or both?
HungryLesbian

Post by HungryLesbian »

Hi! I'm quite new here, and I hope to help out this awesome modding community, but I'm not sure how to get started with modding and such. Which tutorial is the best for learning how to mod interiors?
But I'm really stupid, so...
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Ironed Maidens wrote:In the same vein of suspect use of objects, did we ever reach a decision on the proper use of Sload Soap? Is it strictly alchemical, used for hygienic purposes, or both?
Can't say about you guys but I'd say definitely not on the hygiene one. [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Sload_Soap]UESP[/url]:
Sload Soap is a waxy substance made from the immature non-sentient forms of the Sload.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

That's what I think we decided upon, but there's a LOT of inconsistent use of the item throughout TR. Maybe a new ingredient that is derived from corkbulb as a type of soap would be better used for hygienic purposes. All instances of sload soap used already could just be search&replace'd so long as the new item had the same general shape/model of sload soap.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Ironed Maidens wrote:In the same vein of suspect use of objects, did we ever reach a decision on the proper use of Sload Soap? Is it strictly alchemical, used for hygienic purposes, or both?
Yes - STRICTLY ALCHEMICAL. Someone should go through Mainland and remove all the hygienic uses.
Denaven Manor, West Wing
Enamor Dayn, The Gentle Velk
Gorne, The Emeral Haven Inn
Erethan Plantation, Manor
Akamora, Arenim Manor
Dreynim Spa, Resort
Firewatch, The Queen's Cutlass (x4)
Firewatch Palace, Guard Barracks
Telvanni Library, Passageway (x2)
Helnim, The Red Drake Inn
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

HungryLesbian wrote:Hi! I'm quite new here, and I hope to help out this awesome modding community, but I'm not sure how to get started with modding and such. Which tutorial is the best for learning how to mod interiors?
Welcome, it's always nice to have new people wanting to join.

We have a fine tutorial on Interior Modding here [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24574]TR Tutorials[/url]. And at the bottom of the same page is a tutorial on Item Rotation.

Be sure to also read over the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24655]Interior Showcase Guidelines[/url]. It has some useful information too.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here or in the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24235]chat room [/url]
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote:
Yes - STRICTLY ALCHEMICAL. Someone should go through Mainland and remove all the hygienic uses.
Denaven Manor, West Wing
Enamor Dayn, The Gentle Velk
Gorne, The Emeral Haven Inn
Erethan Plantation, Manor
Akamora, Arenim Manor
Dreynim Spa, Resort
Firewatch, The Queen's Cutlass (x4)
Firewatch Palace, Guard Barracks
Telvanni Library, Passageway (x2)
Helnim, The Red Drake Inn
Well, let's not jump to conclusions. The UESP never says sload soap isn't for washing yourself. I'm 99% sure UESP only mentions the alchemical use for sload soap because that's all you can do with it in-game. Bathing isn't part of the vanilla Morrowind game but that doesn't mean it isn't part of the lore.

However, costing 50 gold means only certain people can afford it. Perhaps there are hygenic kinds of soap made from lye that having nothing to do with sload but aren't included in the game.

After consideration, I too think we should delete the hygenic intentions for sload soap from interiors. We could always make our own bars of soap that are much cheaper and made from other raw ingredients. This should be its own discussion, though.

Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

That is literally just what I said. Like, DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME? BECAUSE I PROMISE, SHIT WILL BE A LOT EASIER IF YALL LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY. I DON'T POST MUCH BUT WHEN I DO POST I PROMISE IT IS SOMETHING WORTH LISTENING TO,

Jesus.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Ironed Maidens wrote:That is literally just what I said. Like, DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME? BECAUSE I PROMISE, SHIT WILL BE A LOT EASIER IF YALL LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY. I DON'T POST MUCH BUT WHEN I DO POST I PROMISE IT IS SOMETHING WORTH LISTENING TO,

Jesus.
Not quite literal but paraphrasing nonetheless.