Miraclestone's Exterior/Interior Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Fantastic work !!! :) I am recommending you for promotion to interiors. Wish we'd caught that modding issue sooner, you'd have had this done in 2 or 3 revisions at most.

I see what you mean about the lanterns. You actually positioned them too well. In the future, don't add the x and y rotation, just position the lantern over the lowest kink in the rope.

Just so you know, if you work on an interior that requires de_p furniture, you may use the TR_furn_de_p items. They have flat level surfaces.

It'll take a day or two for the promotion to go through, but feel free to look over the unclaimed interiors. You can even try to claim one, but I'm not sure if the system will let you, until you've been promoted. Just post a message, and I'll be sure to hold it for you.

So, welcome to the team. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Congrats an welcome aboard! :D
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Thanks seneca37 and everyone else, happy to be here! I'll get to work on the Exterior this weekend and was thinking about trying my hand at a quest showcase because I've seen a need for it here. I don't know what language Morrowind uses (I know Skyrim using Papyrus but if I remember correctly they used something different in Oblivion and Morrowind) but I'll look at UESP and other places for tutorials on the syntax.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Good work Miraclestone
Test
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Member Promoted for interior development. Congratulations! Feel free to continue using this thread to showcase personal work or to ask questions about modding or the project in general.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Great news!
my opinion.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Congratulations, Miraclestone.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Update on the Exterior Showcase, after a week of on and off working on fixing the showcase I think its safe to say I can't save it. It wont be the way I first envisioned it and below my personal standards. Some of the concepts can't be saved like the 'Velothi_hilltent' which was held up by wooden pillars to extend the height that would normally be allowed. In my modded version it looked fine but the pillars clip in the clean version and I can't find a way to have them fit correctly without blending. Other issues include some object's collusion causing issues with navigating the terrain, blocking paths and such.

Basically, I'll be starting a new exterior showcase in the same two cells and that might take a bit. I might do the quest showcase first but not sure yet.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Redoing work isn't always exactly fun, but I find that it does tend to lead to much better results than in the first go, as one tends to have a better idea of what one wants to do and how to do it.

At the moment there aren't too many exteriors to work on anyway. Once planning for the Othreleth Woods starts rolling along again you may want to get a move on, though. :P

Edit: also, I somehow managed to forget to post: congratulations on your promotion!
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

It will be good practice anyways. I know what the project's standards are better and think my original concept may have been too flashy without the detail to back it.

PS no problem that you forgot, formalities are overrated :)