i5-56-Red

Moderator: Lead Developers

sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

That is not the issue at all. There is no rush of people seeking to claim interiors. The work done on this interior was done in one month in addition to most of several others at Province Cyrodiil. I am not putting a hold on progress or too busy to design interiors or make post per day. I have finished many interiors. I would refer to my last thread as the best explanation for my frustrations but it has been disappeared.
my opinion.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

We have rules about stuff like this, and if you hoard claims, people might not feel they should claim at all.

Anyway, just finish stuff first.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I would refer to my last thread as the best explanation for my frustrations but it has been disappeared.
What thread was this?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

"Headcount & General Planning"

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24753

SHould be renamed "WHY WOULD YOU CENSOR THIS!?" followed by another half dozen ban warning in my inbox.
my opinion.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24752[/url]

Only the single post saying "edit" was moved to the archives. The thread is still alive and well.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Thanks for explaining. I think this was part of the earlier problems. Before I became interested in modding here on TR I had no experience using forums. So when topics are moved or deleted it isnt always completely clear what was done or why and where they have gone.
my opinion.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

TR has a no delete policy, so nothing is ever totally lost but sent to the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewforum.php?f=116]Forum Archives[/url]. I understand the confusion: the forums are pretty massive a construct :)
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Can someone make in_m_sewer_drain_01 that is a door?
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

You should be able to do this on your own.
1)Extract the mesh you want to use as a door from the .bsa file.
2)Place it in the correct directory ...\Data Files\meshes\i (or wherever it should be).
3)Goto to the doors tab in CS, right click on any door and create a new door.
4)Give it a TR_ ID
5)Press the [Add Art File] and select the mesh you extracted above.
6) Add open/close sounds (pick from a drop down list of already installed sounds)

That's it.

I've attached an esp file with the sewer drain as a door. The only thing I didn't do is add sounds. You may want to do that.
Attachments
TR_sewer_drain_door.esp
(574 Bytes) Downloaded 108 times
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Also, if you have the CS disc, you can use that rather than extracting the BSA file.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Revoked by request:

[quote=sasquatch2o wrote:]
Sorry, I'm indefinitely retiring from interiors. I won't be working further on these.[/quote]
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I want to thank folks for all the responses to this interior. Somehow I neglected to do that.

Some notes on this:

Vendors are intended to service those who leave offerings at both the templeand tombs.

The ancestral ghosts that dwell in the tombs are highly protective. They tolerate those outsiders but really only care for descendents. The ghost below temple is in some way related to it. This should be made more clear. Temple offerings are taken to that tomb by the priests there.

I wanted to create an area with many secrets to uncover and provide a space for discovery. There is a hobo living in a cave hidden behind waterfal and a couple more in a side passage where the stream exits the interior as a waterfall into the the exterior.

I had intended to have barrels stored on wall as they were in my stronghold interior but somehow the file was never uploaded.

Secret cave is meant to be semi hostile area for questing. I wouldn't consider it really part of this area rather another cave bundled into this exterior-like zone.

I tried to maximize freedom of movement. From any main area to another there are multiple ways to pass. Wading through stream, diving off falls, or passing through cave or hall.

I considered creating a second tier to the top area and making the door higher up accessible via a natural bridge piece. Maybe an ash pit before open doorway and a stair down to where the top currently is.

Mushrooms hadnt been added yet. Was planning moderate amount in main floor and more on upper area and secret cave.

The trapdoor in temple needs to be replaced with the load door version provided by Seneca to make accessing the lowest level of the temple possible.

The interior properly fits the exterior. Common elements were copied over from Nemon's work for consistency.

I'd like to see several quests here, but that may be that is asking too much. One dealing with the hobo behind the falls, another dealing with some interaction between inhabitants of secret cave and ghost under the temple, a third where player must run errand to temple interior, temple vendor or merchant.
my opinion.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

These should be put up on the new forums.