Claim: i5-66-Red Claimed by Tes96
Maps In Group Map 5 at 1:(-3695, 430):0
Accurate map
Local map: 5-13 Redoran village
Parent: 5-13-Red
 Status: Reviewing, 100% Complete
 Faction: House Redoran
 Files:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_i5-66-Red_Tes96_1.esp 18.7 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_i5-66-Red_Tes96_2.esp 18.6 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
(-29, 4) #3 See local map. Home of an elderly Dunmer man and his son. The father is a hoomar, or one who creates music with the help of the Mountain Hoom. Read gro-Dhal's excellent How to Tune Your Hoom to know more about these creatures. (http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23885)

Now on to the son. The son has not taken up becoming a hoomar, instead choosing to use the hoom as a means for transport. He has someone who works for him commandeer the hoom transport from the Rift Pass fort.

(NPC note: add docile hooms to the pen outside.)
Last Edited by Aeven
(Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:28 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Author Message
Tes96
Reviewer
06 Sep 2009

Location: Armun Ashlands, Morrowind

Home of an elderly Dunmer man and his son. The father is a hoomar, or one who creates music using the Mountain Hoom creature, teaching it to sing melodically. The son has not taken up becoming a hoomar, instead choosing to use the hoom as a means for transport.

"The son has someone who works for him commandeer the hoom transport from the Rift Pass fort."

I don't understand the quoted sentence. The son doesn't want to use the Hoom as an instrumental creature but rather like a pack guar that he can ride? And the son knows someone from the fort nearby in Rift Pass who uses the Hoom(s) for military purposes? "Commandeer" means to seize for military purposes, often by force. I'm not clear on what is being said here. Someone please clarify!


DESCRIPTION:
de_p furniture. Would be nice to have Hoom shell for the son to wear, as is described in the book "How to Tune Your Hoom". That and a flute and Ash Horn would be great, too! I'm still hoping for the Ehru instrument by Melchior Darhk to be added.
I will add comberries and any other types of fruits that will be fed to the Hooms in the pen.


The son has his heart set on #4 Healer girl. They've talked and had meals together and he's told her about his Homaring adventures (riding a Hoom), etc... but she finds him too frivolous and not-her-type. Especially since Redoran people view a light, careless life as "not worth living". In fact, all the denizens of the hamlet don't have too much respect for the son, and not really so much for his father either. They're they people the others crack jokes about behind their backs. They like them; the son and his father are gregarious and friendly, but they're not the kind of people you would want be in charge of a Redoran troop or making decisions in the ranks of the House.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:09 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014



I would take the description of the son to mean that he had someone steal a hoom transport for him. Exactly what a hoom transport is is up for grabs. Based on the description, I would guess it was some kind of saddle. Which I know is not in TR_Data. So just do your best with what is currently available, we can add items later.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:43 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Location: In your garden.

I'd actually assume that 'command' was meant instead of 'commandeer'. Some possibilities:

The son owns the Hoom in Rift Pass that will provide travel services to the player, but does not personally drive the Hoom, and as such will neither be located at Rift Pass nor provide travel services to the player. Instead, he hires someone else to do that; the actual in-game caravaner at Rift Pass.
This seems the most likely interpretation of the claim description to me, but seems unnecessarily convoluted.

A similar interpretation would be that the son owns a Hoom train/cart that transports goods (and maybe people) around Uld Vraech, but leaves most of the day-to-day work involved to someone based in Rift Pass. This would probably mean that he is relatively well-off compared to other Redoran. (Relatively, mind; he's probably not exactly wealthy either). I rather like this idea.

Another possibility is that he is the hamlet's caravaner, providing transport to Rift Pass. This seems the most sensible, but doesn't really match up with the claim description.

And then there is the possibility that he actually had someone steal a Hoom train/cart, which seems like a pretty serious crime for a random non-hostile NPC to have committed.

The description seems pretty Dwemeri to me; it must be correctly misinterpreted. Razz
Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:41 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Tes96
Reviewer
06 Sep 2009

Location: Armun Ashlands, Morrowind

Gnomey wrote:
I'd actually assume that 'command' was meant instead of 'commandeer'. Some possibilities:

The son owns the Hoom in Rift Pass that will provide travel services to the player, but does not personally drive the Hoom, and as such will neither be located at Rift Pass nor provide travel services to the player. Instead, he hires someone else to do that; the actual in-game caravaner at Rift Pass.
This seems the most likely interpretation of the claim description to me, but seems unnecessarily convoluted.

A similar interpretation would be that the son owns a Hoom train/cart that transports goods (and maybe people) around Uld Vraech, but leaves most of the day-to-day work involved to someone based in Rift Pass. This would probably mean that he is relatively well-off compared to other Redoran. (Relatively, mind; he's probably not exactly wealthy either). I rather like this idea.

Another possibility is that he is the hamlet's caravaner, providing transport to Rift Pass. This seems the most sensible, but doesn't really match up with the claim description.

And then there is the possibility that he actually had someone steal a Hoom train/cart, which seems like a pretty serious crime for a random non-hostile NPC to have committed.

The description seems pretty Dwemeri to me; it must be correctly misinterpreted. Razz
I messaged Aeven since it looks like he's the one who wrote it but he hasn't replied to me.
I'll set this one aside while I finish up the guard tower. Hopefully this can be sorted out.

I could always just make up something new than what was initially intended.
What does a Hoom cart look like? Is it similar to a cart a horse would pull?

Also, what Hoom at Rift Pass? There aren't any creatures added to the data yet.
Here's what I'm thinking; the son doesn't want to spend his time teaching a Hoom how to sing like what his father does. Instead, he wants to make money by offering transport services with it. He probably even lets the woman in house #6 use it when she goes to the other vendors to buy food and supplies for the hamlet. And while she is there, she can advertise the Hoom to other people in the cities. Kinda like, "Hi, I'm here to buy supplies and food, oh, and I'm using this Hoom for transport. There are others you can buy back at my hamlet from my neighbor if you're interested."

Although if he sold the hooms, the son would make a good profit on a few that were in the pen outside his home. But after that, then what would he do? Just sit there and twiddle his thumbs?

Yeah, we need to brainstorm a little more on this. Your ideas were confusing me a little, Gnomey.

Also, what does the father and/or his son do to earn money? They obviously are able to buy food and pay their taxes.

_________________
Project Tamriel

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:36 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Location: In your garden.

Hooms are in Data, with the ID 'TR_hoom'. There are none at Rift Pass, but Rift Pass is only now getting interiors, and as such hasn't been NPCed.
Hoom carts would probably look like normal carts, in fact we may well end up using existing cart models, though we might also end up using sleds.
I don't think Hooms should just be sold, the hamlet probably won't have a large enough population of Hooms to support that being the business model.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:47 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Tes96
Reviewer
06 Sep 2009

Location: Armun Ashlands, Morrowind

Gnomey wrote:
Hooms are in Data, with the ID 'TR_hoom'. There are none at Rift Pass, but Rift Pass is only now getting interiors, and as such hasn't been NPCed.
Hoom carts would probably look like normal carts, in fact we may well end up using existing cart models, though we might also end up using sleds.
I don't think Hooms should just be sold, the hamlet probably won't have a large enough population of Hooms to support that being the business model.
I meant to say in the actual game world, sorry. I already saw what they looked like in the construction set.

The people in the hamlet have their own ways of making money, more or less. There really isn't any money made off of the hooms. The lady in i5-69 goes to Rift Pass or Soluthis to buy supplies and food for the hamlet so I imagine her using a hoom since.... well, who goes grocery shopping for 5-6 people without a grocery cart?

I'm picturing 2-3 hooms in the pen, one of which is used by the lady in i5-69. The other 2 are for hoom singing by the father.
I'm still trying to figure out what the son does. He's not into hoom singing like his father is.

_________________
Project Tamriel

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:21 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Tes96
Reviewer
06 Sep 2009

Location: Armun Ashlands, Morrowind

Are TR_furn_tapestry00, 10, 20 and 30 for Imperial interiors? They don't specify com_ but neither do they specify de_

Let me know if they are appropriate for these Dunmer redoran interiors.

_________________
Project Tamriel

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:25 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014



Those tapestries are definitely Dunmer. I believe the first one is Veloth. So go ahead and use them.

Tip: If you load the mainland into the CS - then you can use the [Edit] -> [Find...] feature (or Ctrl-F) to search for items to see where/how they were used. After selecting the item from the drop down menu, and the CS finds the first item, click in the Render Window and then Press F3 to find the next one.
Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:23 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Tes96
Reviewer
06 Sep 2009

Location: Armun Ashlands, Morrowind

seneca37 wrote:
Those tapestries are definitely Dunmer. I believe the first one is Veloth. So go ahead and use them.

Tip: If you load the mainland into the CS - then you can use the [Edit] -> [Find...] feature (or Ctrl-F) to search for items to see where/how they were used. After selecting the item from the drop down menu, and the CS finds the first item, click in the Render Window and then Press F3 to find the next one.
Will the collision on them be removed? All other TR tapestries don't have collision boxes, which makes sense since I should be able to walk past a cloth tapestry if it's used in place of a door.


EDIT:
Interior done.
Huh, I thought I had written a crap load more about this guy and his son here. Wonder what happened to that text. Well in short, the son will be an caravaner for player as well as people passing through, whether to or from Morrowind/Skyrim or other towns within Morrowind.

He goes with the man in i5-69-red to the markets since he is the caravaner. Since he's the driver, the husband pays the son by buying him goods for him and father.

I know I wrote all this stuff somewhere else but you can figure out the main point. Father used to be caravaner and is now hoomer since he's old. Son is now caravaner; gets goods bought for him by husband. Son in love with woman in interior #4. Will also provide transportation for Player, not sure how far out, though. I'm assuming there would be another Hoom driver between here and say, Baan Malur.


Hay/comberries in basement to feed to hooms in pen.
Silver dagger hidden beneath pillow in case of werecreatures. Son takes silver weapon with him while traveling. Perhaps give him a silver dagger in his inventory.

_________________
Project Tamriel

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."


Last edited by Tes96 on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:21 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014



Tes96 wrote:
Will the collision on them be removed? All other TR tapestries don't have collision boxes, which makes sense since I should be able to walk past a cloth tapestry if it's used in place of a door.


In order to get rid of the collision, we'll have to make new model files for these, because TR used MW models. I'll add it to the list of changes for TR_Data.
Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Tes96
Reviewer
06 Sep 2009

Location: Armun Ashlands, Morrowind

seneca37 wrote:
Tes96 wrote:
Will the collision on them be removed? All other TR tapestries don't have collision boxes, which makes sense since I should be able to walk past a cloth tapestry if it's used in place of a door.


In order to get rid of the collision, we'll have to make new model files for these, because TR used MW models. I'll add it to the list of changes for TR_Data.
Thank you. This can be sent to review. I'm done with it.
_________________
Project Tamriel

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Post Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:11 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014



To review
Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:50 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 
The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group