[Quest Idea] Ghostwriter

Place where miscellaneous quests and NPC dialogue are written.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

[Quest Idea] Ghostwriter

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Somewhere (can be anywhere), you will find a ghost floating about. Should you come close enough, he will speak to you:

Do not be afraid, %PCRace. I will not harm you. I only wish to ask you: do you have neat writing?

neat writing-
You see, I was an author. Well, sort of. I never released any books. I guess you can see why. Anyways, I had an idea for a story, but I never got the chance to write it and I am incapable of doing so in this form. I cannot go to rest with this regret lingering in my head. So I am asking you to be, quite literally, my ghostwriter.

ghostwriter-
Yes. Because I cannot write it myself, I am asking you to write it for me. But I left notes on my body and it's going to be quite difficult for me to get them. I would appreciate it if you went to get them for me.

notes
I need you to go the ruins of X where I was trying to gather ideas for my novel. That's also where I... ended up. Just get the notes off my body and bring it back. The ruins are located X.

Bring notes back.

Oh, thank you so much. Now, are you ready to write it? Here it comes...

Continue...

...By (ghost's name). Well, I guess that's dealt with. Now all you need to do is publish it. Go to (X library) and ask them to publish it. I sure hope they accept my... I mean our works.

(book name) has been added to your inventory.

You must then take the book to the library and they will publish it. The librarian would give you some money. You get to keep one copy of the book.

You hear a faint voice: Thank you, %PCName. I can now go to rest.
Last edited by Dormichigan64 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
6plus
Developer

Re: [Quest Idea] Ghostwriter

Post by 6plus »

Dormichigan64 wrote:A lot of combinations. A lot of work.
243 combinations to be precise.

2 or 3 questions are more reasonable (that'd be 9 and 27 combinations respectively).
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

I did the math after typing this. Yeah, let's do something else. I'll edit my post.
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I like this idea a lot.

It could work as a misc quest anywhere, and/or alternatively as an Imperial Archaeological Society or a Mages' Guild faction quest in Old Ebonheart for example (making the book a scholarly study rather than a novel).

An alternative ending could be that the player could claim the book as their own with whatever profits and acclaim it came with (and receive and angry visitation from the ghost).