Questions? Ask Them Here!

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Stoneware [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoneware]is ceramic[/url], not just carved stone. That said, I have no idea if the value is correct, though item stats are always easily tweaked anyway.
Also, I have no idea what price would be best if it were actually carved stone; I'd think the workmanship and time required for carving such thin objects from stone would be much greater than working with clay, though I'm not sure how well they would perform. (Probably not very). There could always be a type of stone native to Morrowind that is well suited to the purpose, sort of like how ebony is glass that works well as armour.

As far as Sload soap is concerned, TR's stance has been that it is an alchemical ingredient not used for hygiene (except perhaps by crazy people/Telvanni) for a while. Dunmer may be strange, but they generally like to rub themselves with Sload babies as little as anyone else would. Generally, Sload soap in a hygienic context is an error, and the soap should be removed.
Replacing it with actual soap would be an idea, but I'm not sure if there is enough demand for it; the problem with adding toiletries such as baths (not strictly a toiletry, but you get the idea) and soap is that those are not found on Vvardenfell, which makes everyone there seem disproportionately stinky. At the same time, many TR modders do not think to use those resources. Such niche models tend to be underutilized.

At this point I might as well mention, as I'm technically a moderator, that I'm not sure if this thread is intended for questions on TR item conventions. That being said, I'm not sure if there is a better thread for that purpose, and I suppose as long as these questions don't get in the way of the actual purpose of this thread it isn't really a problem.

@Iron Maidens: I do read your posts, by the way, but often do not find time to reply, especially to the longer ones. It's not really an ideal situation, but I'm not sure how to solve it.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Hygienic soap should be an external mod then, since it won't match up with the rest of the interiors on Vvardenfell, i.e. mainland people have bathing soap but the island people don't.
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Dreadnautilus

Post by Dreadnautilus »

I've got two questions.

1. Have you decided on what dialogue topics you will use to get Indoril and Dres missions? Like how in vanilla, Hlaalu had "Business", Telvanni had "Chores", and Redoran had "Duties". I liked how each of them fit in with the House's character.

2. How are you going to handle the high-level content of Tribunal being integrated into Almalexia? I remember Alt Orethan being stated to be a low-level friendly region, which would seem at odds with its main city having sewer goblins capable of threatening level twenty heroes, merchants with ten thousand gold, and guards wearing armour and wielding scimitars comparable to Daedric gear.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I don't think we've settled on the topic names for Indoril and Dres quests. I'd imagine House Indoril would use a word evocative of 'duty', ideally in a religious sense. 'Labours', 'toils' or 'trials' might sound too negative. 'Service' is pretty spot on, and is in fact already used in Tribunal ('service to our Lady'). 'Mission' and 'obligation' might also work.
For Dres, as the player would be a member of House Dres rather than a slave, the word should probably evoke the commercial nature of House Dres rather than its harsh caste structure. Words like 'contracts' ('contract' is already taken), 'dealings' and 'commission' come to mind.

The high level of Tribunal content is certainly an anomaly, but the examples you give are not really an issue. The goblins do not appear to be native to the region, instead being imported from High Rock or some other part of western Tamriel by Helseth.

Alt Orethan is only low-level in the sense of presenting little risk to players. There is no reason for its services to be low-level, and the services provided in Almalexia will probably be the best in Morrowind in quality and quantity. The same goes for the guards of Almalexia. They aren't powerful because they are in a high-level region; they are powerful because they are in Almalexia. I don't imagine we'd make their gear much weaker, if at all.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

In a modification would be normal animals? Foxes, sea birds, rabbits, which spawn randomly and not aggressive.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

There will probably be no real-world animals added, but TR does already add a few non-aggressive creatures.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

On the border with Skyrim and Blacklight can be real world animals.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

That question has been discussed in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24756&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0]this thread[/url]. As for the consensus, it will probably remain open for some time. (Until we start opening up sections for that part of Morrowind).
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Ok, thanks
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Would anyone be able to recommend me some quality literature on the Great Houses? I have a flight tomorrow and would like to spend my time in the air reading up on some House stuff.
Dreadnautilus

Post by Dreadnautilus »

Do you have any plans to introduce more Master Trainers in the land covered by Tamriel Rebuilt, or are all of them just going to be on Vvardenfell?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

There will probably be more master trainers, but there are no plans, as such.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

I like how in MW some master trainers are mentioned in skill books. Maybe something similar could be done in TR.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

klep wrote:I like how in MW some master trainers are mentioned in skill books. Maybe something similar could be done in TR.
Yes I really liked that too. It actually took me until about a year ago to realize that was the case. Maybe have only a few of them be mentioned, but it is a very nice detail and I support the idea.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

I have noticed uncertainty about Vvardenfell and Mainland factions. I've been told that they will be merged, while others think differently about this. What exactly is the plan concerning Vvardenfell and Mainland factions?

When I mentioned Vvardenfell and Mainland factions here on the forums I got the following response:
Terrifying Daedric Foe wrote:Under the new direction of TR the Mainland and Vvardenfell versions of factions will be merged together.
When I mentioned the merging on IRC I got the following reaction:
Seneca37@IRC wrote:Hmm.. I have not heard that. Seems a bit pointless, since you can easily become the Head of the Vvardenfell faction. Not sure what is meant by merged then.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

The way I understood it, having seperate Vvardenfell and Mainland factions was a result of TR's old policy of 'Don't touch vanilla content, ever'. Now that that policy has been changed, there's no need to keep the factions seperate.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Faction/quest planning is very undefined at the moment; it is mostly on the conceptual side and nothing is solid yet. Anything you might hear about quest lines is probably just speculation or rumors.

Ideally even with the dropped policy we want to change as little as possible from the original game. The policy was dropped to allow Tribunal to be integrated into the mainland and does not necessarily mean that Vvardenfell is open for change. TR should be modular and making unwarranted changes deprives users from picking and choosing what they want their Morrowind to be like. If TR came packed with a changed Vvardenfell that would create ALOT of compatibility issues which is not worth the cost. TR packed as just the mainland is ideal for all consumers. That being said, once all the work is done (probably another 5-10 years down the line) I'm sure some people in TR and perhaps even out of TR will be interested in creating a mod which syncs Vvardenfell and the mainland to the extent you are suggesting (not to mention upgrading Vvardenfell to TR level quality). Most of this is also speculation but I hope this helps!
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

It would be cool if TR changed Vvardenfell. At the moment, feels some detachment continent from the island. But it is possible to combine them into inextricable game.
Little change factions quests, that jobs on the continent were a continuation of the quest of the island. Slightly change the main quest, giving a significant role to mainland.
For Example:
- Mine quest: Hortator of five houses, not 3, quests for blades in mainland. Perhaps some alternatives associated with the sixth house, cut from the original game. Not on such a scale as in the chaos heart, just a few alternative quests.
- Knight of the Imperial Dragon of Morrowind, not Vvardenfell.
- Imperial Legion quests in Fort Pelagiad which will send you to the continent.
- Arch-Mage of Morrowind, not only Vvardendfell (You'll have to go through all the Mages Guild job both on the island and on the continent.)
- Mages Guild quests in Caldera, which will send you to the continent.
- Propylon Indices in mainland stronghold needed to finish Master Index
- Tribunal quests will take place across the continent (Clockwork City, Dark Borotherhood Sanctuary somewhere in the province) as the second main quest. They will depend on whether you entered in Morag Tong or dark brotherhood or nowhere.
- Camonna Tong, Dark Brotherhood, Twin Lamps as a Joinable factions
- Tribunal Temple: Pilgrimages of the Seven Graces of Vivec on island, Pilgrimages of the Seven Graces of Almalexia and Sotha Sil on mainland. Highest Rank is not Patriarch, The Cardinal maybe or something. To Cardinal you need to complite all quests on island and mainland.
- Some Solstheim quests connection with North velothis and East Empire Company quests
- Possible future connection with ShotN and P:C (House Hlaalu quests in Cheydinhal, continue In Search of the Falmer quest.
-Quests of the Great Houses on the continent will be a direct continuation of the main quests of Houses on the island.

Changes in the landscape:
- Red mount is too small for me. In arena It was seen from firewatch.
- Some houses near the New Ebonheart
- Unique and more alive areas for vivec, like Almas Thirr

This is just my opinion and Morrowind from my dream, nothing more.

And about compatibility TR with other mods. I believe that TR is the greatest and the huge global modification for Morrowind. When TR is relise, modifications will be do for TR. Compatibility is not a problem, I think.

And, question. What areas and the changes will be available in the new release?
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

You can actually see Red Mountain from Firewatch, you just need to increase your view distance to ludicrous levels.
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/uUCPiHy.png[/img][/spoiler]

But I do see your point. Red mountain doesn't exactly tower over Morrowind the way it should. For example, here's Red Mountain as seen from the top of Vivec's foreign quarter.
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/AnRKmFY.png[/img][/spoiler]

It's not much higher than the other hills on Vvardenfell. And this problem is worse when you're viewing it from ground level. It's stil technically there, but barely visible.
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/TZswZRB.png[/img][/spoiler]

All that said, I don't think TR should make Red Mountain taller. It would break compatibility with so many mods, it's just not worth it. I'd recommend that TR just stay compatible with independent mods that raise Red Mountain, like [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42125]Mountainous Red Mountain[/url]
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
cabal

Post by cabal »

There are also engine limitations. MRM is an improvement, but that's really as high as it can go. Hopefully, OpenMW will support much higher landscapes. I'd like to see Vvardenfell not be so flat in general, not just red mountain. I feel like just about anytime you're walking toward Red Mountain you should be going uphill.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Okay.
In any case, ShotN need big mountains.

But red mountain - just a little minor thing on my list.
klep
Lead Developer

House Sadras

Post by klep »

A question was popped on IRC about references to House Sadras in TR. I can't find any discussion on this topic here, but it might be interesting to think about. The only informationI could find on House Sadras is derived from NPC dialogue in Dragonborn:
UESPWiki wrote:House Sadras is one of the five Great Houses of Morrowind. At the beginning of the Fourth Era, following the Oblivion Crisis of 3E 433 and the eruption of Red Mountain in 4E 5, the House Hlaalu was stripped of its Great House status and removed from the Grand Council of Morrowind. House Sadras, whose prior status and holdings are unknown, was selected to fill the fifth seat on the Council.
If we're sticking to this lore it might be interesting to add some references to House Sadras to the mainland, possibly in Hlaalu lands. The House was selected to fill in the fifth seat on the Council only a few years after the events of MW; they can't just appear out of thin air and become a Great House of Morrowind like that can they?
Last edited by klep on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
cabal

Post by cabal »

The Red Year is about ten years after Morrowind, plenty of time for a new house to rise to power. It might be nice to see some NPCs with the Sadras name, though.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Biboran wrote:It would be cool if TR changed Vvardenfell. At the moment, feels some detachment continent from the island. But it is possible to combine them into inextricable game.
TR is certainly planning to create a proper link between Vvardenfell and the mainland, but the exact nature of that link is still unclear.
Biboran wrote:- Mine quest: Hortator of five houses, not 3, quests for blades in mainland. Perhaps some alternatives associated with the sixth house, cut from the original game. Not on such a scale as in the chaos heart, just a few alternative quests.
[...]
- Tribunal quests will take place across the continent (Clockwork City, Dark Borotherhood Sanctuary somewhere in the province) as the second main quest. They will depend on whether you entered in Morag Tong or dark brotherhood or nowhere.
Adjustments to the Vvardenfell mainquest are certainly on the table, though we haven't reached a decision on the extent and precise nature of any alterations yet. Personally, I'd probably advocate more smoothly integrating the Tribunal mainquest into the tail-end of the Vvardenfell mainquest and expanding the former. I'm less certain about doing much to the Vvardenfell mainquest, as I feel that -- unlike Tribunal -- it already has a very good flow to it, but especially towards the end of it I do think there may be room for improvement.
Biboran wrote:- Knight of the Imperial Dragon of Morrowind, not Vvardenfell.
- Imperial Legion quests in Fort Pelagiad which will send you to the continent.
- Arch-Mage of Morrowind, not only Vvardendfell (You'll have to go through all the Mages Guild job both on the island and on the continent.)
- Mages Guild quests in Caldera, which will send you to the continent.
[...]
- Some Solstheim quests connection with North velothis and East Empire Company quests
I'm not so sure about a lot of the Imperial factions, as -- unlike the Dunmer factions -- I think they are more likely to have different branches for different administrative districts. Rather than a Vvardenfell and mainland branch, as originally planned, the Imperial guilds would probably have five or six branches, as such.
Solstheim, in particular, I assume to be an Imperial territory -- nominally of Morrowind -- outside of the six districts, but that doesn't really rule out linking it no nearby locations, as Fort Frostmoth is hardly self-sufficient.
All of that being said, the Imperial factions will indeed probably all end with the player being the leader of the entire Morrowind branch, rather than the individual district branches.
Biboran wrote:- Propylon Indices in mainland stronghold needed to finish Master Index
I'm not sure if we will be touching the official plugins at all; I don't know if the matter has ever really come up.
Biboran wrote:- Camonna Tong, Dark Brotherhood, Twin Lamps as a Joinable factions
I'm not so clear on what we'll be doing with these; they're rather minor factions, and as such of a low priority. We will almost certainly have Twin Lamp quests, and more Camonna Tong content, but beyond that I have no idea.
Biboran wrote:- Tribunal Temple: Pilgrimages of the Seven Graces of Vivec on island, Pilgrimages of the Seven Graces of Almalexia and Sotha Sil on mainland. Highest Rank is not Patriarch, The Cardinal maybe or something. To Cardinal you need to complite all quests on island and mainland.
The Temple is another issue that hasn't been properly discussed for a while. The only thing I think is fairly certain is that we will be including a pilgrimage in which the player would follow the (supposed) route of Veloth across Morrowind to Necrom.
Biboran wrote:- Possible future connection with ShotN and P:C (House Hlaalu quests in Cheydinhal, continue In Search of the Falmer quest.
These are ideas to be kept in mind for the future, but the far future.
Biboran wrote:-Quests of the Great Houses on the continent will be a direct continuation of the main quests of Houses on the island.
Perhaps the clearest point concerning the Great House quests is that each will be handled very differently. At the moment, it appears from old plans that House Telvanni may require more extensive modification of Vvardenfell content, while TR's Redoran and -- perhaps -- Hlaalu narratives may remain more distinct from the Vvardenfell narratives, but that may change as well.
Biboran wrote:- Red mount is too small for me. In arena It was seen from firewatch.
- Some houses near the New Ebonheart
- Unique and more alive areas for vivec, like Almas Thirr
A difficulty with Red Mountain is that it is often described -- and in Morrowind appears to be -- a shield volcano, and as such, to properly increase its height, most of Vvardenfell would need to be raised to varying degrees. Even if we don't stick to that idea and make Red Mountain rise more abruptly, it's going to create a lot of incompatibilities.
That being said, more than the incompatibilities that would be created through such alterations of Vvardenfell, I'm more concerned about the work that would be involved.
It's possible that, after the mainland is complete, whoever is still working on TR might move on to make more extensive adjustments to Solstheim and Vvardenfell consistent with TR, but those changes may come in the form of a separate plugin, and it's fairly unlikely either way. We shall see.
Biboran wrote:And, question. What areas and the changes will be available in the new release?
The next release is planned to include the Thirr River Valley region, but the specific scope of the release will depend largely on what is done when. If we actually manage to get Andothren ready before TRV is finished, for example, it may make it into the release, while we may also consider only releasing -- for instance -- the northern half of the region if Almas Thirr proves to be too much of a stick in the mud.

As for House Sadras, we may indeed reference it in some way, but I don't think we're specifically aiming to be compatible with Dragonborn lore any more than we're aiming to be compatible with TESO lore. We'll ignore it where convenient.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

There's already [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42125/?]at least one mod[/url] that makes Red Mountain taller and there's probably others as well.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Thank you, Gnomey.
I'm not sure if we will be touching the official plugins at all; I don't know if the matter has ever really come up.
They are free, I think they can be included in the mod.
Modified Siege at Firemoth can be good final quest for IL, and may be good award to the player: Private island with a castle, where you can build a port and a smithy and a trading post. As a colony on the solstheim.
At the moment, it appears from old plans that House Telvanni may require more extensive modification of Vvardenfell content,
I saw on the new map changes in the northeastern part of the continent. And changes in areas of the north thirr. It's very cool, looking forward to. The continent is very harmonious continuation of the island. Surely, you have are the same wonderful ideas for quests.
The next release is planned to include the Thirr River Valley region, but the specific scope of the release will depend largely on what is done when. If we actually manage to get Andothren ready before TRV is finished, for example, it may make it into the release, while we may also consider only releasing -- for instance -- the northern half of the region if Almas Thirr proves to be too much of a stick in the mud.
Thanks again

Do you have plans to add a new voice? For example, new phrases for necrom guard. And new music.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The thing is, I'm increasingly of the opinion that Bethesda's expansions are gratuitous -- a sort of playground where they try out ideas and make in-jokes and references to past games and such -- and to me the plugins seem even more so. I personally think the Firemoth plugin is a good example of that; it's a fun quest, but doesn't really match the tone of Morrowind. We'd probably try to keep compatibility with them -- or at least not go out of our way to break compatibility -- but otherwise I'm personally more in favour of leaving them be. Though I'd keep in mind that this is just my opinion; as I said, I don't think we've discussed the matter.

As for new voices, there were plans to add new voices to the Necrom ordinator, but they appear to have stalled. It's not a high priority, but I think it's safe that we do plan to add some new voices eventually.

Edit: as for music, I have no idea. If some music comes along that fits the tone of Morrowind, and ideally fits in with Morrowind's soundtrack, we may well add it. I have no idea when such matters were last discussed, though, and I'd assume it was a long, long time ago.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

As for new voices, there were plans to add new voices to the Necrom ordinator, but they appear to have stalled. It's not a high priority, but I think it's safe that we do plan to add some new voices eventually.
OK. Voices of typical ordinators are not suitable to them, as for me. And also I like the small feature of tes III expansions: New voice phrases for citizens, guards and quest characters.

You have some problems with Almalexia, yes?
I see capital on old screenshots, but city is not even in public alpha
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

I'd say we start designing a number of Dunmer voice lines for future usage (mainly for Dres lands, Almalexia, Baan Malur and Necrom I guess) and then we can either do them ourselves OR if we're really awesome do an internal fund raising to hire the one and only Jeff Baker (the original Dunmer voice actor) for them.

[url=http://jeffbakervo.com]Here's his official website[/url]. It states his fees are reasonable and we wouldn't need that many lines anyways :P

I'm totally serious BTW. I'd happily donate 200€ for that cause.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Ragox wrote:I'd say we start designing a number of Dunmer voice lines for future usage (mainly for Dres lands, Almalexia, Baan Malur and Necrom I guess) and then we can either do them ourselves OR if we're really awesome do an internal fund raising to hire the one and only Jeff Baker (the original Dunmer voice actor) for them.

[url=http://jeffbakervo.com]Here's his official website[/url]. It states his fees are reasonable and we wouldn't need that many lines anyways :P

I'm totally serious BTW. I'd happily donate 200€ for that cause.

I would be all for that :D.
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/2686043/?
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Wow, that's excellent, Ragox!
I hate myself because I was a poor boy from Russia. In any other case I would have to pay 9999999 dollars on it. Maybe you do on the home page fundraising of this?
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I'm very much in favor of this idea. It may be tricky, though.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Thanks for the backup guys, let's hope Gnomey and the others will support this too :)

I honestly think this might not end up being too expensive, Jeff Baker is awesome of course, but he doesn't seem to be a very famous voice actor, for whatever reason. I could also imagine him to be humbled by our approach (as we're a non profit project) and not ask for much.

I know I'm not good at writing, but here are just some ideas for a few voice lines of the Ordinators in Mourning (Necrom) as a start:

Friendly: Welcome to the city of the dead outlander
Friendly: May our ancestors not mind your stay
Neutral: Better tread lightly in our catacombs outlander
Neutral: Respect the ghosts of our sacred halls
Annoyed: Defile our dead and you'll be cursed forever SCUM
Annoyed: Stay away from our ancestors FILTH
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Aggressive: Why do you disturb ancestors?
Aggressive: How dare you raise a sword in the city of peace?

Redoran guard:

Friendly: In these frozen lands you always need a friend. You can count on us.
Friendly: Good luck in battle, warrior... friend.

Maybe I wrote nonsense, because I'm bad in English.

Maybe you will create a topic about it? This is an important theme.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

There's lots of topics about voice acting, it's something that comes up regularly.

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23789]This one[/url] has actual mp3 examples.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Though I'm personally not in favour of people paying for this, if it's going that way in the end I would recommend looking for voice actors at Fiverr, where everything is offered for: a fiver.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Just to make my opinion known, I'm neither for nor against any of the above suggestions. If we do manage to get Jeff Baker to record lines for us, I'd naturally be very happy. I'd also be perfectly happy with lines by other people that sound suitably Dunmeri. The idea has come up in the past, however; I frankly don't remember how it turned out then, but evidently nothing came of it, so I am rather cautious on the subject.

What I would suggest is patience. Jeff Baker isn't going anywhere, (I hope), and nor are we, (I hope). There's not much point in gathering up money now and getting Jeff Baker to record some lines, and then getting to -- say -- Dres lands and realizing we could use more lines; I think it's better to first have a clear idea of what we need, and all of the lines ready and arranged. As a matter of reference, to my limited knowledge voice acting for games is very much recorded at the tail-end of development, and even with that precaution many games have a lot of recorded lines that end up being cut from the final product for various reasons. I would not like to tie our hands by doing things differently.
Above all, I would advise strongly against actually investing any money in the idea before we're completely certain we'll go ahead with it and have everything tidily arranged. A convenience of working on a free project like this is that one doesn't have to worry about people investing money on something that then disappears in smoke, and I don't particularly savour the idea of changing that. In the words of soothsayer Adanorcil: "In TR's time-honored tradition, we generally begin doing this kind of thing too soon and too recklessly. [...] but in another time-honored tradition, the intention to suddenly start doing stuff tends to flare up here overnight. (And deflates equally quickly afterwards.)"
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

While I really like the idea of hiring Jeff Baker, I agree with Gnomey that we should wait until much, much later.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Gnomey wrote:Just to make my opinion known, I'm neither for nor against any of the above suggestions. If we do manage to get Jeff Baker to record lines for us, I'd naturally be very happy. I'd also be perfectly happy with lines by other people that sound suitably Dunmeri. The idea has come up in the past, however; I frankly don't remember how it turned out then, but evidently nothing came of it, so I am rather cautious on the subject.
All I recall is the admins (TF, I think) saying that it needed to be discussed further by the Core. (Granted that was a while ago, and I'm hardly privy to Core discussions, but I've been given no indication to think that it has changed)

Personally, I don't really see this occuring soon (if at all) given the nature of the project and prior indications of opinion from the Core. But I don't really have any particularly strong opinions on it other than it would be nice to see, given it is done well. Still, there's nothing wrong with brainstorming a few ideas and suggestions about how we would intend to go about it.

Also, if we do decide to go down that route, I think it would be a good idea to get back in touch with [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13454]@MorrowindShorts[/url] given that he has expressed interest in working on providing us with a Dunmer voice-acting in the past. (It was actually his voice acting samples that started the thread discussing this very issue around the end of 2012)

Edit: [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23782&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]This was the thread I was talking about[/url]

PS: @Gnomey, I'd suggest maybe sending a PM to Why about the status of this issue as he or one of the Admins would probably be the most up to date/informed regarding this (this is going off the fact that I was talking about this with @Why as late as the beginning of 2014, and he seemed fairly involved in it. Though that conversation was specifically centered around helping @MorrowindShorts get in contact with Why, as he had difficulty getting an update on his status in voice-acting for the project, I don't have a clue what the result of that was though)
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

"New" Ebonheart is Yscaadia now?