i5-73-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

i5-73-Red

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i5-73-Red (#2655)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_5-26-Red (#2445)
Claimed by: Boznirith
Files: TR_i5-73-Red_Boznirith_1.esp; TR_i5-73-Red_Boznirith_2.esp; TR_i5-73-Red_Boznirith_3.esp; TR_i5-73-Red_Boznirith_4.esp; TR_i5-73-Red_Boznirith_5.esp; TR_i5-73-Red_Boznirith_6.esp

---

(-17, -4) A cave. Inhabited by a smuggling operation with ties to the nearby town in 5-4.
Boznirith
Developer

Post by Boznirith »

Boznirith here, fresh out of the promotion board. Here is my showcase link in case my promotion hasn't gone through yet. http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=325788#325788 I would like to claim this smugglers den. I found the cave entrance in (-17,-4) and the unnamed town a few cells away.

I will begin work on the den promptly using mudcave peices due to the swampy location, (or mold cave if prefered). I will ensure that a warrior/ redoran theme is used within. I intend to have an interconnected system of tunnels and chambers some partialy submerged in a grotto type of style suitable for drew or slaughterfish to enhance the smugglers den. I will not overdo this as the location of the cave is not underwater, but the watertable is pretty high in the area.

The majority will contain smuggled crates and such with the standard loot. There will be one persisting corpse with bonemold armor dumped in the submerged portion ,this fellow relating to the local town that is uncompleted, and can be fleshed out at a later date. There will be a crumpled letter in the ringleaders section of the cave with a plot to bring down the smuggler's operation signed by the corpse. There will be a few different chambers with a few nooks and crannies throughout.

Looking forward to feedback and the grant!

~Boznirith
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Granted.

I see no problem with using the mud cave pieces. The rest of the write-up sounds good. Have fun!
Boznirith
Developer

Boznirith: Smugglers Claim

Post by Boznirith »

Great, thanks! I should be up in a few days.

~Boznirith
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Very interesting concept you came up with here Boznirith.
I especially like your effort to include a good enemy variety with the submerged section.

I'm also currently working on a mud cave claim, so feel free to check it out for possible inspirations. I like to think I used the vanilla objects quite creatively in it.
Boznirith
Developer

Boznirith: i5-73-red

Post by Boznirith »

Boznirith here, it has been about a week since claim commencement. I have made a great deal of progress with the cave, it should be done in a few days. My job prevents me from being supurbly prompt as I have wished, however this weekend should yield an initial product so reviews can get underway.

I have done a few unorthodox things with the cell and I think they will be to par with TR's ingenuity. There are a few unique items and one unique script which I will list on initial release.

As for my fellow mudcave developer, I'd be happy to take a look at your cave and compare notes if you leave a link for me.

As always, looking forward!

-Boznirith
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

This good! Its nice to post progress with you update too. That will allow curious people to check your latest work and provide early feedback if they are so motivated.
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

As Sasquatch2o mentioned, at the top of the claim is a Progress indicator, and a place for you to upload a file. The file will automatically get renamed based on the claim and claimant. Upload as often or as little as you like. We do try to look over work as it progresses and offer suggestions when needed.

As for access to other claims, as a developer, you can go into any of the other claims located in Claimed, Reviewing or Finished and look at other peoples work.

Ragox's claim is below if needed
[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24376[/url]
Boznirith
Developer

Update 1

Post by Boznirith »

Boznirith here. I have posted my progress on the smuggler's cave known as 'Herenabi' for the community. I do still have a fair deal to add. The grotto section is nearly done aside from a few aesthetics. The primary purpose of the cell, the smuggler operation, is slightly less complete, but I am proverbially building from the ground up. (Double entendre)8P

I am well aware of the cave pieces that clip each other, but the the section will look brilliant when complete. Other technical aspects worth noting include the aqua lights far below the caves. I added these as the smuggler's den is at a good light level, but the grotto section appeared too dark to me in game. Take a gander if you like at both of these unorthodox selections, I think they are shaping up well.

The sounds are untested in game at this point so if they are uneven don't fret, they will be nice and trimmed by the time I submit for review. I have also used the BM black doors to create a crevice the player can attempt to navigate and be rewarded at the end of the grotto section. The crevice is scripted to require a +70 agility check before granting admittance. There is a corpse in the first large chamber the player comes across in the cell. It is partially stripped of it's bonemold armor and there is a related letter to be found in the ringleader's dwelling at the end of the dungeon.

Before I submit for initial review a good proof read of book items (TR_i5-73-Red_DeadLetter) and (TR_i5-73-Red_AxeNote_01) would be greatly appreciated. In addition feel free to test the script (TR_i5-73-Red_Crevice_01) on the (TR_i5-73-Red_Ent_01) though I have already tested and confirmed the script's functionality. Any feedback is appreciated, the v1 should be released in a few days.

As always, looking forward to feedback,

~Boznirith
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Try to post clean files. It'll save us from mentioning the obvious. Also, don't name the cave. Set the cell name to TR_i5-73-Red.

Please be sure to read thru the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24594]Rules & Guidelines[/url].
I'll look this over more thoroughly in the next day or so ( but I do like that script).
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Hello Boznirith! Your cave is looking good. But, as seneca37 said, make sure to always clean your file, even in simple updates. As for how dirty your file is, are you saving every time you alter an item? Make sure not to do that, as doing so will instantly make your file dirty.

I also noticed that you mixed moldcave with mudcave. Please watch out for that. :wink:
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I use the "blue water ref 512_ripple" light in rooms that are half water. It makes a nice "ripple" effect like reflection of water. For submerged areas I use the same blue color light, minus the ripple effect. Adds variety, and the blue-turquoise color contrasts nicely with standard orange hue of most torches and brazier. Recommend doing this as well also vary the radius for smaller accent areas. I also recommend using the aqua light as a secondary accent you blend or add a touch more "dry" lighting to larger areas. Also, personal preference is to bleed some of the grass in more (near the top of white). Half where you have them and half sunken in. Arranging grass like this looks more natural to me.

I have made a file to show my recommendations. It is also fairly "clean" now and been renamed 'TR_i5-73-Red-Herenabi_Boznirith.'

Nice work so far, the crevice is a nice touch!

- Ah, also for the file I uploaded .95 fog density looks much better and there is a stray light. I'd also reduce the lantern radius to 120 in the back room w board floors. This of course is all person preference.
Attachments
TR_i5-73-Red_Boznirith_2.esp
(61.51 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Finally got some time to look this over a little better.

Here are some fixes
1) Only have 1 skillbook

2) As RyanS stated: don't mix interior pieces - keep everything mud - unless there is a really good reason.

3) Be sure that door markers do not intersect with anything. Player can get stuck.

4)TR_i5-73-Red_AxeNote_01 typos:
Unfortunatly => Unfortunately
acrossed => across
partialy => partially

5)TR_i5-73-Red_DeadLetter
Need a <BR> at the end of the letter
Don't use a name for the cave, just give a general location. Like "the cave south east of town", unless a lead developer or NPCer has given the ok.

typos:
trafficing => trafficking
irradicate => eradicate
Additionaly => Additionally
forlorne => forlorn

6)Create a new dead Redguard, following the format of the other dead NPCs for Minasson.

General comments/suggestions/questions
If you do not provide a ladder to get up out of the water, or a relatively easy access point, then the path should be roped off. This is especially true for the area where Minasson is.

Since there is no easy way for the player to get out of the water, where Minasson is, I suggest putting him in the air pocket chamber by the crevice.

Are you going to provide an exit point for the section that leads to the crevice?

Add some slight X, Y rotation and scaling to most of the in_cave_plants.
Boznirith
Developer

Update

Post by Boznirith »

Sarry for the delays guys, I am currently pushing through acrf so some weeks my time gets restrained severally. I post a new file later today and will give a no later than date of 18 Dec, hopefully much sooner.

The mold/mud discrepancy has been remedied. Additionally I will have my two texts corrected. In the case of the water where the dead redguard is located, in game walking right up the bolder under next to him is efficient though it doesn't appear to be so in TES3.

I will put up an update soon, thanks a bunch for taking the time to locate deficiencies and make suggestions guys, the proof read especialy 8P.

-Boznirith
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

This looks very good.

Just a few comments

1. Be sure to set the health of the dead redguard to 0 - otherwise he's just swimming around.

2. Not so many skill books. Only use 1 per interior, unless its a bookstore or library.

3. Update the cell name to TR_i5-73-Red. Just makes it easier to find/review.

Keep up the good work. Any more progress on this?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Revoking due to modder inactivity.
Boznirith
Developer

Post by Boznirith »

Let's try this again. I will complete my claim as specified previously.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Go right ahead.

Not sure why Aeven revoked - we usually give people a couple of months to post some progress.

Keep up the good work.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Just to clarify, Boznirith had not been online (logged in anyway) since somewhere late November.
Boznirith
Developer

i5-73-Red Boznirith: Claim Complete

Post by Boznirith »

Hey team! After a short intermission I have completed this claim as specified. The claim has been cleaned and tested and I believe it to be a quality piece of work. Please specify if there are any other tasks I need to complete in relation to this claim or deficiencies I must remedy in my file. I am exited to continue helping the community and project in the future.

~Boznirith
Boznirith
Developer

Task Complete

Post by Boznirith »

Alright, I had to add a few more details, could not help myself. Disregard update 4. update 5 is the complete and cleaned version.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

It has such a wet and disgusting feel to it, it's perfect!
I really had a lot of fun exploring it ingame.
It also has a very impressive object count for its size.

I know they're so time consuming, but I hope you make more caves in the future :)
Boznirith
Developer

Cleaned

Post by Boznirith »

Alright, I was looking at my showcase deficiencies, and realized I had not cleaned my file properly during that process, and had proceeded to create the cleaning deficiency in this claim. It has been remedied. Disregard update 5, update 6 has been cleaned properly.
Boznirith
Developer

Post by Boznirith »

Ragox wrote:It has such a wet and disgusting feel to it, it's perfect!..
Thank you for telling me how repulsive my caverns are Ragox, I appreciate it. 8P
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Code: Select all

Begin TR_i5-73-Red_Crevice_01

short MessageComplete

if ( MenuMode == 1 )
	return
endif

If ( OnActivate == 1 )
	If ( player->GetAgility > 69)
		activate
		set MessageComplete to 1
	Else
		set MessageComplete to 2
		Return
	endif
endif

If (MessageComplete == 1)	
	MessageBox "You nimbly squeeze through the crevice."
		set MessageComplete to 0
		endif
	endif
endif

If (MessageComplete == 2)	
	MessageBox "You are not agile enough to manuver this crevice"
		set MessageComplete to 0
		endif
	endif
endif

End TR_i5-73-Red_Crevice_01
Should there be a Return after setting the MessageComplete to 2?
The player will not get a message the first time they try, hence thinking it doesn't work.

Edit: Same would be true for the TR_i5-73-Red_Rope_01
script.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Also - in the future please start the cell name with TR_.
This looks good - any change to the script can be done in review.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Off to review
Boznirith
Developer

Boznirith defficiencies 1

Post by Boznirith »

-Play tested both door scripts in game, did not detect 1st time failure to play the scripts on activation.

-Minor floater on TR_bk_Remanada1_TES4 at -7013, 6909, 7633
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Sorry, forgot that the script runs continuously - so it will pop up the message in the next loop. It's fine then.