i3-743-Ind

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

i3-743-Ind

Post by arvisrend »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-743-Ind (#2607)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-32-Ind (#136)
Claimed by: adamantum
Files: TR_i3-743-Ind_adamantum_1.esp; TR_i3-743-Ind_adamantum_2.esp

---

Sinkhole claim in 33, -28. Download Latest Mainland file in Internal for the exterior.

It's the OM ruins in the sinkhole at 33, -28. There are 3 entrances. One above the water, one below, and a trapdoor at the very bottom of the crevice.

This should be a small-ish OM ruin that connects to the nearby bandit cave Sarbiri (again see the latest file for the exterior). It is recommended that this isn't overdone, it's not meant to be a difficult dungeon. It's meant to be a way to exit the sinkhole and reutrn to the surface, but feel free to mix things up and make exploration interesting (it doesn't have to be linear).

There is another cavern/tunnel on the other side of the sinkhole that connects to a different cave. This a small interior connection that will be edited into TR_Mainland itself, so do not worry about this.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Herpaderp. Oops.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Insta-granted to Swiftoak for work on Mainland. Quicker this way, and obviously capable.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

LOLOMGNOOB.

Working on this, thanks Aeven. :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Does anyone want to do this? I'm not working on ML anymore, though I may get to this int at some point. It's a really small connecting passage to a cave (Sarbiri) It can wait till 1.7, but someone has to block off that interior in the sinkhole.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Unlocking for highest priority, since it's on TR_Mainland.

Download the latest exterior at http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=322250#322250

It's the OM ruins in the sinkhole at 33, -28. There are 3 entrances. One above the water, one below, and a trapdoor at the very bottom of the crevice.

This should be a small-ish OM ruin that connects to the nearby bandit cave Sarbiri (again see the latest file for the exterior). It is recommended that this isn't overdone, it's not meant to be a difficult dungeon. It's meant to be a way to exit the sinkhole and reutrn to the surface, but feel free to mix things up and make exploration interesting (it doesn't have to be linear).

There is another cavern/tunnel on the other side of the sinkhole that connects to a different cave. This a small interior connection that will be edited into TR_Mainland itself, so do not worry about this.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Just bumping this one up. I will (as much as I can) instantly review this when it is done.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Claiming and self-granting... Abuse of power? I am the power!
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Just the friendly monthly update check. Any updates?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

How's this claim going?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Not working on this due to being too busy.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

I'd like to claim this one. Medium-sized OM ruins mixed with cave parts (moldcave, right?) connecting the 3 entrances with Sarbiri. The complex used to be much bigger, but most of it collapsed, so I'll try to hint some of its former grandeur. I am not sure where and how exactly this claim should connect to the bandit cave, as it seems that Sarbiri only has one door that leads outside, so could someone please point that out for me?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Granting.

There are some issues with connecting this sink hole cave with Sarbiri. First Sarbiri is not an extraordinarily deep cave, so any linkage should involve some kind of shaft. Possibly an in_m_sewer piece. Also Sarbiri is flooded (has water), making it kind of illogical to have an opening in the floor (below water level) somewhere.

You are correct, there is no door to connect here. One will need to be added. Unless someone has a specific spot for this door and/or a specific type of door to use, I'll leave it up to you.

Also, we need to remember that most of these entrances have been blocked by rocks - so they'll need to be cleared out in the mainland file.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Sarbiri is indeed close to this sinkhole and should be connected with it. Ideally, both Sarbiri and the ruin should bridge some of the height difference between the top and the bottom of the sinkhole. There should be a passable way to the top without having to use jump spells or levitation; the idea is that the Sarbiri connection should give players a way to get out of the sinkhole. Shafts are OK but not if they are the only way.

Notice that the currently existing Sarbiri cave goes off to the west from where it starts, while the sinkhole is to its east. So you probably should add a new branch to the cave, which should separate from the existing branch relatively early on.

adamantum, thanks for claiming this! If you feel uncomfortable with the additional work required on Sarbiri, though, it's fine if you re-decide.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

I have no problems whatsoever with working on Sarbiri as well. Let's just decide where to 'dig' the additional tunnel.

Here:
[spoiler][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/rupj44.png[/img][/spoiler]
is the simplified overview of the sinkhole and Sarbiri with two extension possibilities. The first one is pretty simple, and it would only modify the cave at its very entrance. The second one would require much more modification, but it would be deeper in the cave. I vote for the first option.

Anyways, since the water level of Sarbiri is pretty high, I'll have to exit into a new cell pretty soon in order to go deeper. I was thinking of making it look like an underground stream carved the tunnels running downwards and connecting with the sewage system of the building in the sinkhole. I'll think of something along the way.

Finally, I'll be editing Sarbiri, which is a part of TR_Mainland.esp, so what is the 'safe' way of doing this? Should I load TR_Mainland.esp along with the mod, make the necessary modifications and then not clean that cell in the end? Or should I work with the .esp file that only contains Sarbiri so that it can be re-merged with TR_Mainland when I'm finished?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I think the first option is the better one, as it hides the water-level mismatch better.

Load TR_Mainland.esp along (non-active) as you edit your int. Clean with tes3cmd or don't clean, as you wish, but don't remove the whole Sarbiri cell. List all existing references from Sarbiri that you have to move or delete in this thread as "merge instructions", since this kind of data doesn't survive merges well and will have to be manually fixed after merging.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Update. Pretty much all of the rough work is done. This claim grew to be a bit bigger than I originally planned, to include some ruins. I hope I didn't go too much overboard, some feedback would be nice.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Wow, I like this! The underground river in particular seemed very well done. I honestly have no complaints. :D
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

This claim is nearly finished, I just need to add more detailing, clutter and such. I want to make it look like a long-abandoned partially caved-in dark brotherhood hideout/temple/shrine (with a few unique DB armor pieces - lower AR, lower durability, higher enchant capacity and value), so it goes against reason to have torches burning all around the place. I don't want the player to be in the dark either, so I was thinking about making some activator "Furn_tikitorch_out"-s (with names, so that the player would know he or she can fiddle with them) with a script that enables a regular "light_tikitorch_00" when activated, thus making it look like the player lit it. The only way to script that, that I can think of currently, is by having unique activator-light-script triplets for each lightable torch I want to place. Is there a smarter way of doing that, or am I stuck with creating a bunch of unique objects?
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

adamantum wrote:This claim is nearly finished, I just need to add more detailing, clutter and such. I want to make it look like a long-abandoned partially caved-in dark brotherhood hideout/temple/shrine (with a few unique DB armor pieces - lower AR, lower durability, higher enchant capacity and value), so it goes against reason to have torches burning all around the place. I don't want the player to be in the dark either, so I was thinking about making some activator "Furn_tikitorch_out"-s (with names, so that the player would know he or she can fiddle with them) with a script that enables a regular "light_tikitorch_00" when activated, thus making it look like the player lit it. The only way to script that, that I can think of currently, is by having unique activator-light-script triplets for each lightable torch I want to place. Is there a smarter way of doing that, or am I stuck with creating a bunch of unique objects?
How about

Code: Select all

PlaceAtMe "torch_name" 1 0 0
or

Set xCoord to GetPos X
Set zRot to GetAngle Z
PlaceItem "torch_name" xCoord yCoord zCoord zRot
However you can't apply x and y rotations, and I'm not entirely sure if placing/enabling lights updates the lighting in real-time (you'd need to check that).
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Just so you know, I am looking into the script. As you probably know, creating a new light object has the undesirable effect of the light not actually casting light into the room/cave. I've gotten some suggestions from the BETH forums - but so far nothing has worked.

One question: Do you want the tikis to go out when the player leaves the cell, or should they always be lit? My preference would be to have them go out - but let me know what you'd like.

As for the int - very nice. Once suggestion would be to add more water sounds to the stream int. The waterfall should be much much louder. Also - go ingame and carefully look at the stream/rapids area. There may be some water overlapping issues. I noticed some flickering as I went through that area. Edit: the flickering is down by the sewer area - where the cave meets the sewer - also make the way a bit easier for the player to get from the sewer to the cave here. A few small rocks would help.

Also take a look at what sasquatch2o did in [url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24143[/url]. He did some interesting things with the water.

EDIT: I got the script to work - just going to check it out with the BETH forum.
Edit2: In order to "activate" the light - do you want me to require the player to have a torch in-hand?
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

I know light scripting can be messy. Here's what I did: there are three objects for each torch - an unique activator with Furn_tikitorch_out's model, named 'Torch' for each instance (scaled 1.00) and an ordinary Furn_tikitorch_out (scaled 0.99) at the same position, and a unique tikitorch light (scaled 0.98) well above the cell. I am using the static furn_tikitorch_out to conceal the fact that the normal light_tikitorch00 have different textures than the activator and the static ones (don`t know if this is an vanilla Morrowind issue too or just a MGE thing ).

Anyways, there is a script on each of the activator torches:
[spoiler]

begin TR_i3_743_torch1_script

float TorchPosZ
short actd

if ( MenuMode == 1 )
	Return
endif

if ( actd == 1 )
	if ( GetDisabled != 1 )
		Disable
	endif

else

if ( OnActivate == 1 )
		Set TorchPosZ to ( GetPos z )
		"TR_i3-743_light_torch1_on"->SetPos z, TorchPosZ

Set actd to 1

Disable

endif
endif

end
[/spoiler]
It seems to work fine (aside from needing three object for each torch). I guess I can extend the scripts so that after some time the light tikitorch returns to its former position and the activator tikitorch becomes enabled again, as well as to first check if the player has a torch equipped, but I am not sure if I`ll be able to make it work the way I want without spending too much time. I`ll try, and if I can`t do it - at least the player will be able to light some perpetual torches.

Also, thanks for the feedback, I`ll be on it in a day or two.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Use this file, and all you need to place in the cell will be the tiki torch activators. I gave you 3 with different light radii (128, 256, and 512).
The activators are called TR_act_tiki_XXX (XXX = light radius).

Others may want to use this, so I will add it to the next TR_Data update. So you do not need to put them in your claim.
Attachments
TR_data_seneca37_001.esp
(6.51 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Finished. Merging instructions:

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/30wnqxx.png[/img]

These three references need to be removed: one "in_moldcave2_s_05" and two "in_mold_rock_01"-s.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Off to review
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Is [url=http://i.imgur.com/FxsDtfW.jpg]this[/url] the right location? There are a few doors that are blocked by rocks so I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right doors.
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

There should be 3 doors (and possibly one dark crevice). All the doors in mainland were blocked off because there wasn't an interior for them.

This interior will also merge up with Sarbiri which will have to be fixed in mainland. Don't worry about that.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote:There should be 3 doors (and possibly one dark crevice). All the doors in mainland were blocked off because there wasn't an interior for them.

This interior will also merge up with Sarbiri which will have to be fixed in mainland. Don't worry about that.
I didn't find any dark crevice but do you mean [url=http://i.imgur.com/Pb6WXui.jpg]these 3 doors[/url]?

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Yes - the top 2 doors you show in your picture go to cell TR_i3-743. The bottom door (sewer_trap door) goes to cell TR_i3-743_Sewers.

There is another door - across from the top door. It does not appear that an interior was made for that one.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote:Yes - the top 2 doors you show in your picture go to cell TR_i3-743. The bottom door (sewer_trap door) goes to cell TR_i3-743_Sewers.

There is another door - across from the top door. It does not appear that an interior was made for that one.
Where exactly? I found [url=http://i.imgur.com/12WFTur.jpg]these two doors[/url] on the top but the trap door on the left is part of the static model and is not a functioning door. It's boarded up, but still, wouldn't a warrior be able to hack his way through that with his axe? Is there any plans to make that a functioning door?
Where is this other missing interior of which you speak, Seneca?

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Hopefully this explains all the doors.
Attachments
Doors_of_TR_i3_743.pdf
(8.9 MiB) Downloaded 316 times
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Ambient/Sunlight/Fog/illegal-to-sleep-here: Good.
Correct TileSet: yes
Books: TR_i3-743_bk_Sarbiri_note

TR_i-743:

Random Fixes:

-In_OM_wallruin01 (4919, 1411, 11871) - Had to reposition to hide a "tear" in the tunnel. I could see to the outside world. Is that CHIM?

Minor Floaters:

-In_OM_casket (5077, 1795, 11804) - Needed an F.
-In_OM_casket (5075, 1650, 11805) - Needed another F.
-furn_de_ex_stool_02 (5128, 1940, 11795) - Need another F.
-TR_furn_crate_broke02 (5761, 1829, 11805) - Needed another F.
-TR_furn_crate_broke02 (5811, 1782, 11805) - Needed another F.
-furn_de_ex_bench_01 (5618, 1961, 11798) - Needed another F.
-furn_de_ex_bench_01 (5614, 1194, 11798) - Needed those F's.
-furn_de_ex_stool_02 (5227, 1974, 11798) - Needed another F.
-TR_i3-743_De_Rm_Ch_oldb (4941, -429, 12590) - Needed an F.
-furn_de_ex_bench_01 (5003, -566, 12586) - Needed one more F.
-furn_de_ex_stool_02 (4641, -707, 11930) - Needed another F.
-TR_furn_bottleB_b02 (4994, -574, 12631) - It was actually floating a bit...damn bottles.
-Ex_De_Shack_Plank_03 (5818, -1250, 12612) - Resting against the wall now.
-Ex_De_Shack_Plank_04 (5753, -1244, 12571)- Wasn't resting on the wall, now it is.

Minor Bleeders:

-Light_OM_brazier (5351, 1578, 11790) - Bleeding.
-furn_de_ex_bench_01 (5269, 1167, 11796) - Bleeding into the ground
-Light_OM_brazier (5423, 978, 11786) - Bleeding into the ground.
-furn_de_ex_stool_02 (5834, 1720, 11794) - Bleeding into the ground. Needed some rotation love.
-In_OM_rubble_Sm (5510, 997, 11805) - Bleeding, but I'm just going to say that the rock is actually shaped flat like that. It wouldn't look as good if it wasn't technically bleeding.
-TR_i3-743_a_DB_Boots (4902, -448, 12568) - Tiny bleed, needed rotation to rest correctly, too.
-TR_furn_barrel_broken01 (4689, -751, 11936) - Needed some rotation.
-ex_de_shack_plank_01 (4971, -734, 11971) - Needed rotation. I swear to God, the axes of rotation change as you rotate the fuckin thing.
-Light_OM_brazier (5517, 1578, 11790) - Bleeding.
-light_de_lantern_01_off (5758, 1667, 11862) - Needed that rotation love!

TR_i-743_Sarbiri_Stream:

Random Fixes:

-In_OM_waterfall (4261, 4660, 14682) - Adjusted to make one waterfall.
-In_OM_waterfall (4131, 4706, 14666) - Adjusted to make one waterfall.
-In_M_sewer_ramp (-291, 590, 13920) - Deleted. Unnecessary.
-In_OM_waterfall_small (-430, 502, 13400) - Deleted. Unnecessary.
-Added in_mold_rock_04 (-48, 740, 13523) and in_mold_rock_04 (87, 625, 13565).
-In_OM_waterfall_small (987, 1491, 13192) - Adjusted to look more natural.
-In_OM_waterfall_small (532, 3419, 13257) - Adjusted to look natural.
-Ex_waterfall_mist_01 (1097, 1168, 13503) - Adjusted for adjusted waterfall. An adjustment for an adjustment.
-In_OM_waterfall_small (1083, 1355, 13169) - Adjusted to look natural.
-In_OM_waterfall_small (773, 578, 13586) - Adjusted to look natural.
-In_OM_waterfall_small (1647, 944, 13601) - Adjusted to look natural.
-In_OM_waterfall_small (1628, 2431, 13571) - Adjusted so that it looks natural.
-In_OM_waterfall_small (1875, 1861, 13571) - Adjusted so that it looks natural.

Minor Floaters:

-Light_tikilamp_128 (3728, 4093, 14958) - Floating a little. Now it's resting on 3 of its legs. That's touching if my trig serves me right!
-Light_tikilamp_128 (2941, 3825, 14996) - Floating a little.
-TR_i3-743_bk_Sarbiri_note (4009, 4393, 14922) - Needed another F.
-furn_de_p_stool_02 (867, 3798, 14581) - Fuck this de_p bullshit furniture!!...it was floating
-light_de_lantern_02_256_Off (3992, 4389, 14951) - Floating a hair

Minor Bleeders:

-ex_de_docks_steps_01 (4096, 4537, 14945) - Bleeding a little into the platform.
-Ex_De_Shack_Plank_03 (1927, 3826, 14562) - Bleeding slightly into platform.
-Ex_De_Shack_Plank_03 (1923, 3727, 14562) - Bleeding slightly into platform.
-Ex_De_Shack_Plank_03 (1921, 3777, 14562) - Bleeding slightly into platform.
-ex_de_docks_steps (1220, 2712, 13976) - Bleeding into rock.
-TR_water_RectR256_02 (558, 950, 13525) - Bleeding into other water model, creating odd overlapping.
-com_sack_02_pos (965, 3826, 14587) - Needed some more bleeeeeeeeed.
-TR_furn_barrel_broken01 (1021, 3793, 14582) - Needed some rotation.
-com_sack_02_pos (941, 3866, 14585) - Needed some more bleeeeeeeeeeeeed.
-TR_furn_crate_broke02 (913, 743, 13565) - Bleeding lightly into the wall. Rotated it out of the way.
-TR_furn_barrel_broken01 (767, 838, 13561) - Needed some rotation.
-TR_furn_bottleB_b01 (896, 734, 13567) - Flickered slightly
-TR_furn_bottleB_b02 (883, 745, 13567) - Same as above model.
-misc_com_bottle_05 (908, 842, 13541) - Needed some rotation love
-misc_com_bottle_11 (883, 878, 13541) - Needed that sweet, sweet rotation love.
-iron dagger (4008, 4375, 14923) - Bleedin slightly.

TR_i-743_Sewers:

Random Fixes:

-Ex_waterfall_mist_01 (3734, 1873, 13975) - Lowered to create less splash.
-Ex_waterfall_mist_01 (3658, 1865, 13975) - Lowered to create less splash.
-Added Ex_waterfall_mist_01 (3716, 1642, 14029) by the door to TR_i3-743_Sarbiri_Stream.

Comments -The only major change I felt was necessary was to delete the ramp and waterfall in TR_i3-743_Sewers, where the water was flowing underneath some rocks. I felt like it could have been done more simply is all.
-Odd that the statue isn't facing the entrance...but it appears that it all used to be apart of a bigger structure, so it could be plausible, so I let it alone.
-I like the activated tiki torches, though I think that it may be better to call them just "unlit torches." It looks odd to see "Unlit tiki torches". Idk, just my thought on it.
-Overall, I really, really like this interior! It's well thought out and lacks any real mistakes. I can tell that a lot of time was spent on it.

Rating 9.25/10.0

*Edited to show changes in each cell.
Attachments
TR_i3-743-Ind_adamantum_3.esp
(82.62 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

There is one major problem with the Sarbiri Stream cell. Water can not overlap water.

Water has a variable transparency (alpha channel) applied to it. The system has to determine what to show and what not to show. Unfortunately, it's not a very good system. This causes items behind the overlapped water to appear and disappear, producing a flickering effect.

Where you have 2 water objects overlapping, the bottom one has to be hidden. In this case, rocks will do.

Adamantum, Do you have the time to go through the stream cell and hide all the overlapping issues? I already started the final review, so use the file below to work on. Also would you be sure the edges of all the water bleed into something. This is particularly evident at the top by the door.

I've made a few minor changes to TR_i3-743.
In_M_sewer_wall (5696, 640, 11520) was removed
In_OM_casket (5075, 1650, 11804) moved due to minor bleed
steel tanto (5650, -2808, 12599) adjusted rotation

Changes to TR_i3-743_Sarbiri_stream
Minor adjustment to some of the ex_de_railing...s
Fixed planking under doorway
furn_de_p_stool_02 (867, 3798, 14581) adj rotation
In_Lava_Blacksquare (4096, 5248, 15104) Moved closer to door
Added in_mold_rock_07 (1589, 3054,14097) to hide caspering issue of other rock
Attachments
FINAL TR_i3-743-Ind_adamantum_3 - Copy.esp
(83.09 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

After some more investigations of the water flickering issue, it appears the main culprit is the MIST. There's not much we can do about that (unless someone wants to make some new mist for us that does not have an alpha channel).

So I'll continue on with the review.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

I finally made them bleed (them being the water edges near the top door, into surrounding rocks).
Attachments
FIXED TR_i3-743-Ind_adamantum_3.esp
Bled the water near the top door into the rocks.
(83.71 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Review in progress
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Clean- Yes.

i3-743
===
Northmarker- Good.
Lighting- Good.
Illegal to Sleep Here- No.

Floaters:
flora_bc_shelffungus_03

Bleeders:
ex_de_shack_plank_02

Other:
Renamed custom items to have correct prefix.

i3-743-Sarbiri_Stream
===
Northmarker- Good.
Lighting- Good.

Floaters:
T_Com_Var_BottleBroken_04

Bleeders:
furn_de_rope2_01
furn_de_rope_04
iron dagger

Other:
Added a rock to cover caspering in_mold_rock_05.
Renamed custom items to have correct prefix.

i3-743-Sewers
====
Northmarker- Good.
Lighting- Good.

Bleeders:
In_OM_plat512

Make sure to follow Adamantum's advised deletions above regarding the Sarbiri cell in TR_Mainland when merging

File uploaded to the new site.