[Quest Idea] - Misc. - Burning Desire

Place where miscellaneous quests and NPC dialogue are written.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Tondollari
Developer

[Quest Idea] - Misc. - Burning Desire

Post by Tondollari »

A cultist is hanging around the entrance of a Daedric ruin. She's smitten with a flame atronach that has all the qualities of a perfect man: a glowing personality, an ass hot as cinders, and eyes that burn into her soul.

He's a bit hot-headed, though, and she can't really express herself without getting burned. So, she has written romantic poetry to show her love. She wants the player to deliver it to the atronach inside the shrine.

The player delivers it, but it turns to smoke in the daedra's hands. Furthermore, he doesn't show a flicker of interest for the author and spouts weird gibberish about geometry or something.

The player reports the failure, but she continues having steamy fantasies about her and the atronach. She'll have to find another way to kindle his love. Anyway, she gives the player some enchanted item related to fire resistance.
Last edited by Tondollari on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Maybe when the player returns later they find her dead body with fire salts on it.
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

Tondollari, I have not read all of your quest designs, but I do have to say, you have developed really good writing skills.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Oh the puns, the puns! :D

Well written dialogue aside, the quest should pose some challenge to the player other than delivering a letter relatively close. Perhaps something as simple as having the atronach be surrounded by a lake of lava/other obstacles/hostile daedra.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

It takes place in a daedric shrine so I think it goes without saying that there will be combat challenges. Being surrounded by lava would be a great touch though. If surrounded on all sides the platform the Daedra's on could look like a shrine.
aRenfrow

Post by aRenfrow »

Is this any chance of writing a quest(s) to follow up this one?
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Sure, do you have any ideas?
aRenfrow

Post by aRenfrow »

I do not, but I would love to help you develop one. This seems to me like it could go somewhere.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

(psst, a hint - Tondollari an ardent defender of torrid poetry, should look kindly on any excuse to churn out more)