Interactivity.

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Tyrant
Developer

Interactivity.

Post by Tyrant »

I'm a bit out of the development loop, but I have some ideas regarding immersion things to do in this mod.

I think there should be a variety of mundane things to do besides guild quest lines and even Misc. Quests.

Like buying houses in the major cities for example.

I remember being disappointed in Morrowind over purchasing a mine in one of the quests. You purchase the mine, and find workers, but then nothing really happens. I was hoping to get a chance to do some minor management, and maybe generate some passive revenue. Adding things like that to our mod would make the world feel much more alive.

Rather than full blown quest lines, players should be able to pick up "odd jobs" around Morrowind.

- Maybe a farmer needs help harvesting his fields
- A mining outfit might want you to mine X amount of Ore in a day
- A shipping outfit might need a dock hand to load/unload cargo at the port.

Things like this could really add some life to the otherwise very static game of Morrowind.
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Or a player could work as a blacksmith assistant.

Each day a blacksmith could generate a broken piece of equipment. He will supply you with one hammer per day to repair the item and give it back to him. You would also get a small amount of gold for returning fixed weapons
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

This sounds very Skyrimish, where you could cut tree logs and get small change for it, as well as doing other minor things.

Oblivion had a house you could buy in every city. And drop a ton of money to furbish it.

However, I do not think this is what Morrowind is about. They did experiment with it in Raven Rock, which was a full-blown quest arc of its own.

In my opinion, Raven Rock style is the way to go if you do anything of this kind. That way you don't end up with a meaningless log cutting quest or a money dump that ends with a full-blown and furbished house in 1 day.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

MW economics being so borked makes remunerated mundanities a bit awkward... but the game could always use more money sinks.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I'd like to see more of this type of persistent investment and settlement building. Where choices alter the game world. I really enjoyed raven rock quest line for example. It'd be nice if these things would unlock for certain quest lines.

Some ideas:

Imperial trading company:
Endgame might be finding investors and speaking with a handful of leaders in port cities to finance a larger fleet of trade ships. Follow up quests could include maintaining smooth operation of the trade fleet, combating piracy and preventing unapproved smuggling or corruption and brokering new deals that will increase residual income and power and influence of the enterprise. In addition to new ships and docks and warehouses appearing the player could receive their own ship to function as a mobile home complete with crew and storage that could teleport with player to major trading hubs and several more remote inlets or coves.

Settlement building:
Completing several quests could increase power or influence of smaller locations even in minor ways. Might be made apparent by clearing of tree and for new fields creation of a new mine or a larger trading post.

Securing trade routes:
Clearing bandit camps could allow trade between larger settlements and more remote loctions where it had not been possible. Peddlers and pack guard might be seen along this route afterward or new trader or guar pens with crates could appear to make the change apparent.

Adding details like this will give player the feeling of making a very real and apparent change in TR game world.
my opinion.