i3-781-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

i3-781-Imp

Post by Seneca37 »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-781-Imp (#2760)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: Ragox
Local map: Dondril watchtower Indoril-Thirr
Files: TR_i3-781-Imp_Ragox_1.esp; TR_i3-781-Imp_Ragox_2.esp; TR_i3-781-Imp_Ragox_3.esp; TR_i3-781-Imp_seneca37_1.esp

---

HIGH PRIORITY - Dondril watchtower, top floor (see local map). (2x3 shell)
Dondril, Hetman's House: the hetman is a somewhat sloppy but severe individual who mostly keeps to his house. He doesn't take kindly to outlanders barging in unannounced, and will probably be rather short with the player on first greeting. He has good relations with House Indoril, though, and will be considerably more pleasant if the player is a member. (He's friendly with the Indoril guards posted to and near Dondril).

Make sure to download the most recent file here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24623 for the exterior; located in cell [9, -22].

Note: despite the claim's ID the town is Indoril (not Imperial) and uses the Velothi tileset
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Claiming. Would like to use de_r pieces in this int to better reflect his influential status as the mayor (hetman) of Dondril.
Dude also owns a unique silver mace (potential quest reward?).
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Granting.
But I think the rm set would be better suited here. It is a poor farming community so the Hetman wouldn't be that wealthy.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

seneca37 wrote:Granting.
But I think the rm set would be better suited here. It is a poor farming community so the Hetman wouldn't be that wealthy.
Thanks.
Is it really that poor? I mean they were able to afford themselves a large palisade complete with defenses and farming seems pretty profitable in Morrowind anyways (with so little productive land overall). Maybe he's overtaxing his farmers a bit as well for his relative splendor (could also make for a good quest).
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Ragox wrote: Is it really that poor? I mean they were able to afford themselves a large palisade complete with defenses and farming seems pretty profitable in Morrowind anyways (with so little productive land overall). Maybe he's overtaxing his farmers a bit as well for his relative splendor (could also make for a good quest).
I had the same thought - but couldn't find any questing plans for this guy. Every one else in the town live in shacks - so my thought was a poor town = relatively poor hetman. Maybe another lead will chime in soon.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The Indoril economy doesn't work like that; the villages typically have no personal wealth in them to speak of, nor does the Hetman. They do not sell their produce for profit; their produce belongs to Ilvi, who leaves them a cut of it to do with as they like, including bartering, which is what they survive on. They have a pallisade not because they could afford it -- they can't -- but because Ilvi decided Dondril should have one. (They could have alternatively built it of their own initiative but to me the former explanation sounds likelier).
As such, RM is correct for the Hetman and any other important figures in Velothi towns, like priests, though in some towns they might even have poor furniture. R would be very rare, probably limited to proper temples, and even then not necessarily all of them.

Edit: to clarify, the hetman is a representative of the Velothi to their lord, in this case to Ilvi. I think he's supposed to be elected, but that's a relatively unimportant detail. Part of his job is ensuring that Ilvi's lion share of what the village produces reaches him. If he's messing around with that, he's treading very dangerous ground, as he would not only be ripping off the locals, but would also be playing around with Ilvi's wealth/possessions. I don't think Dondril's hetman should be playing such a dangerous game, though the matter is up for discussion.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Thanks a lot for the very detailed clarification Gnomey.
Well, rm it is then :P
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Production completed.

Note: Contains a tax record, which should be filled out during NPCing stage.

Edit: Now really.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Do me a favor and change out the com silverware, all silverware is Imperial, with some wooden ones. And the blue com plates look way to expensive. Its just the look. I know that there are blue plates in other Dunmer interiors, but for some reason they look out of place here. Use either the redware plates or stoneware.

Thanks
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

seneca37 wrote:Do me a favor and change out the com silverware, all silverware is Imperial, with some wooden ones. And the blue com plates look way to expensive. Its just the look. I know that there are blue plates in other Dunmer interiors, but for some reason they look out of place here. Use either the redware plates or stoneware.

Thanks
No problem, new file is up.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

By the way the interior looks really. Nice job.
Off to review
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Took a look at this in the CS and in-game, though I focused more on the over-all look of the place than checking for placement errors. It turned out very well, though the tax record can't stay in its current state. :P
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Ambient/Sunlight/Fog/IllegaltoSleepHere: Good/Good/Lowered a bit/Set
Tileset: Correct
Containers: Ok
Rotation: Good
In-game: Ok
Books: Fine
Sounds: None(fine)
Locks/Traps: Good
New References: Good

FLOATERS:
-misc_com_wood_knife (3)
-misc_de_goblet_07
-misc_com_broom_01
-TR_cont_indoril_02_food
-TR_m3-781_amulet_of_p_rage
-text_paper_roll_01 (2)

BLEEDERS:
-misc_de_pot_redware_01
-light_de_lamp_06_128
-TR_Ingred_Bread_02
-light_de_lamp_06_128
-furn_planter_01
-furn_de_r_wallscreen_02

OTHER ISSUES:
-fixed door (it was facing the wrong way)
-other minor changes were made

Comments The hetman doesn't look all that sloppy by this interior, but still a great job!

Rating 8.5 out of 10
Attachments
TR_i3-781-Imp.esp
(10.81 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Reset North Marker to 163.1
Changed name of tax record to Dondril Tax Record.
Replaced bk_fivesongsofkingwulfharth with TR_bk_charityandleadership
Increased lock on chest_small_01_gold_50 from 15 to 45
Lowered health on TR_m3-781_w_scorner and silver dagger

New Items:
Amulet: TR_m3-781_amulet_of_p_rage
Enchanting: TR_m3-781_amulet_of_p_rage_en
Enchanting: TR_m3-781_scorner_en
Book/Scroll: TR_m3-781_bk_taxrecord
Text Needs Work – Removed references to people who do not live in Dondril.
Weapon: TR_m3-781_w_scorner (silver mace)

Comments This interior is very tidy. Gnomey ok'd this design.

Rating 7 out of 10
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Use my file at top
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

As a note to NPCers, I made the clutter outside the hetman's house look messy to illustrate that the hetman is sloppy, but the interior ended up looking very tidy. This isn't really a problem, though; rather than being sloppy, the hetman could just not like going outside.
While I'm not sure how much of this should make its way into dialogue, I'd suggest that the hetman used to be an itinerant priest of the Temple in his younger years, who has had his fill of the great outdoors and now immerses himself in his duties as hetman, in entertaining the visiting Indoril guards, and in religious study.
Note that this doesn't mean the hetman need necessarily be very old, and as with most of my descriptions it makes no real difference if the hetman is a man or a woman.