Claim 5-2 - Completed (C)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Claim 5-2 - Completed (C)

Post by Noirgrim »

To keep a promise, I would like to take claim 5-2. The 'exterior' will be finished in 2 months, as I stated in another post.

Should Silgrad be Hlaalu or Redoran?
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
FoxTamer

Post by FoxTamer »

I vote for Hlaalu. It lends itself well to big, complex cities.

I may be saying this becaue I'm jealous and I want to do a Hlaaly city but there are none left... :(
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

make it better than silgrad and may this be ur masterpiece noirgrim claim granted
Totalwar site:
http://www.crimsonlegion.totalclan.com/

TR download website
http://prometheanlands.tamriel-rebuilt.org/
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

I'll hold off on making the city yet, until the core decides what architecture to use for it.
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

We could keep it Hlaalu and salvage hermit's good background story, or we could go back to lore and give house Redoran the territory it deserves. On the morrowind map i think house Redoran got really shortchanged as far as influence goes.

I vote for returning Silgrad Tower to the hands of house Redoran.
Last edited by Morden on Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

i thinlk should stay hlalu unless we sjhould remake other already made redoran city as hlalu and chane a lot of what already done
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

say again?
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Here is claim 5-2.

http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rutherfo/TR_5-2_Noirgrim.zip
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It looks OK considering how fast it went but I still have a few concerns. The world map makes it look l ike the acadian isles. you didnt follow the map very much and it still lacks detail and vertex painting (imo)
Further more why did you rename silgrid to Kotelgo (sp?) The name is documented in in-game lore :)
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Um, the world map makes it look like BC, like it should be, I followed the map exactly, as close as humanly possible, and everything that should be vertex shaded is, are we looking at the same claim?

Silgrad Tower was renamed for the same reason other towns in lore were changed. IE: Balmora was originaly Stone Forest (or something like that). Most towns that had an 'english' name were renamed in Dunmeri. So, Silgrad Tower is now Kogo'tel, or Unbreakable Tower.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Silgrid tower was specificly mentioned in the book "the real barenziah"
the claims lacks abit in detail, mostly containers.
your swamps make the land full of holes and doesnt really look according to the map. the 3 breaks of the river I think is missing as well. The contrast between the MA and RC is too hard I think..
Zarkis

Post by Zarkis »

I just run through it and felt really wet afterwards... 8) . Noticed some interesting designs. Congrats!

Concerning Reich Parkeep: there are some interiors in RP we didn't donate to TR (interiors from Deus and Quentin, which we still use for ST). Please refer to the thread about RP.

Edit: To make it easier here is a updated list of interiors which are still part of ST:

Reich Parkeep, Ahiram Belah's Rare Articles
Reich Parkeep, Cyra Catella's Books
Reich Parkeep, Garreth Manor
Reich Parkeep, Guild of Fighters
Reich Parkeep, Guild of Fighters - Attic
Reich Parkeep, Guild of Traders
Reich Parkeep, Home of Gal Sube
Reich Parkeep, Home of Bora Nassan
Reich Parkeep, Home of Apion Droserius
Reich Parkeep, Home of Evanti Chargan
Reich Parkeep, Vanikien R's Alchemy and Enchantments

Not shure if these three are in your mod, but if so please delete them too:

Neferetyabet
Colistus Ancestral Tomb
Cedrics mausoleum
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

"your swamps make the land full of holes and doesnt really look according to the map"

This is what the BC regions are supposed to look like Bladman.... too often people ignore the fact that BC regions are supposed to be a partially submerged terrain.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Morden, I know that perfectly. It's just not that way according to the map..
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Ah. Ok. I see what you're gettin' at. Its kinda the same way in map 6 too. The big Dres plantations, which consist of huge bodies of water, aren't on the main exterior map either, but we had to add them.

Its a weird situation, because while the texture map shows it as being being BC, the land on the map is depicted as being solid... which just isn't how bitter coast terrain is supposed to be.

I'm not able to look at the claim at this moment, so i won't say anything else right now.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Oh well, it just give a wrong impresion of the land..
Here's an error for you Noirgrim :)
dEUS

Post by dEUS »

Zarkis wrote: Neferetyabet
Colistus Ancestral Tomb
Cedrics mausoleum
Yup I did two of those and Kallikak did Nefe.. all 3 were exclusive for Silgrad.. this was discussed on the old board. Hope this is enough info. (This of course is apart from the other ones Zarkis mentioned. Those are solely for Silgrad's use and not TR.. as various threads have explained on the former boards.. all the other stuff thats not on this list.. you guys can use and manipulate as much as you want.. as a gift from Silgrad) :D

EDIT DEUS: I just took a look at Noir's work and all tho not detailed enough to my liking.. it certainly looks adequate (and I mean that in the broad sence of the word, Different then how I would have done it.. but an original look on it)

-D-
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Please direct me to a better looking claim. I would like to see how I can improve my work.
Zarkis

Post by Zarkis »

You don't need to improve your work. It's good enough. I run through it. But back to business. :P Please take care of those interiors. I know it's hard to let them go, but they are no not ment to be part of TR. 8)
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

No worries, I have already taken out the interiors in the map 5 master mod.

@Blad: Show me a player created mod. And the Seyda Neen area does not contain as many references per cell as claim 5-2.
Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

Wow, I just took a quick look at it in the editor and... wow, this looks awesome. I'm very happy Silgrad is now a nice Redoran town. It's also great you changed the name in the subtle "Kogo'Tel". This will avoid confusion when both TR and ST are released to the public.

I will take a better ingame look at it this evening and post some more usefull comment then.
Read the Books of Tamriel @ http://geowulf.tamriel-rebuilt.org

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
- Bosmora, warehouse and indoor market
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
Geowulf

Post by Geowulf »

I took a quick look at Silgrad Tower and here are some pics with things I like to point out (I will post more if I have the time for it)

[img]http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/images/Geowulf/Noirgrimclaim1.jpg[/img]
These planters could use some grass or little stones in it to hide the roots of the plants. It also looks quite generic. Flowers of different sizes would do better.

[img]http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/images/Geowulf/Noirgrimclaim2.jpg[/img]
The urns in this picture have the same size. Better have some large and small ones.

[img]http://www.cuneo.us/tesmw/images/Geowulf/Noirgrimclaim3.jpg[/img]
This is one of many examples of some kind of platform making strange paterns in the ground. You should walk around the city and pay attention to these.

I also went for a quick walk in the Wilderness between the city and the Silgrad Pass. I would say the landscape is ok. The only thing you might add is a little more flowers/plants and/or little rocks. I missed the coda flowers and ampoule pods in the swamps.
Read the Books of Tamriel @ http://geowulf.tamriel-rebuilt.org

Currently doing:
- Bal Oyra interiors fix
- Bosmora, warehouse and indoor market
OOT status:
BoT (v1.4.)
CoT (v1.0.)
evilgreebo

Post by evilgreebo »

I can't seem to download it could you stick it as a normal attachment or something? I'm working on 5-15 so I need to see what changes you've made and update my claim to match.
prometheus
Developer Emeritus

Post by prometheus »

That claim looks awesome ...a part some little details like some errors it is great ...very good job noirgrim ...

also about the hlalu city was necessaire for the faction map so is not just an added for fun city ...any village added has to be under 15 buildings usually and also shouldn't be added at all if in the proximity there are other cities ...we acan't afford that everyone adds their city for fun..
Totalwar site:

TR download website
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

The city was added simply because the ST had a city there also. So, it was added to keep things a little consistanct.

@evil: It is too big to add as an attachment. You can also go to the member's download section and download group map 5. It is included in that download.
Kothloth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Kothloth »

Noir, pay attention to Geowulfs last picture: That is what I meant earlier ;)
evilgreebo

Post by evilgreebo »

Group map 5 is on the same sever which seems to be giving me some problems.