TR_Mainland Scripts/Quests/NPC Error reporting

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Dagoth Fargoth

Post by Dagoth Fargoth »

i have a few new bugs to report (i also edited some into my old post this night):

TR_m3_O_Naribnat Vilthe00000000 Dralnabissit -2644 147 -442 "summoned bonewalker falls trough floor"
-> the sorcerer stands on wooden planks and summons a great bonewalker. the bonewalker is summoned on the ground under the planks and is useless this way.

TR_w_nord_whammer Mephalain Mountains Region (28,-12) 229475 -94941 1734 "warhammer in water: unreachable"
-> you can't grab the hammer nor the corpse

furn_moldcave_spout00 Sambussu Tunnel 1309 15999 1429 "water spout seems solid"
-> another bunch of solid looking water spouts
I'm pretty sure that's just how the model is...

in_moldcave2_s_04 Harrumat Diamond Mine 1920 2624 10624 "erdwulf moves if you get caught stealing" Normal NPC behaviour but this one in particular should be unreactive
-> i got caught stealing diamonds. now erdwulf stands in the second room with crates instead of the tunnel with the gate.
-> i also can't tell the woman in the mine about my journal entry that erdwulf told me about a key. is this supposed to be like that? so far i'm stuck and don't know how to solve the quest. The key is somewhat hard to find. Perhaps more guidance necessary?

in my opinion alt orethan has a little much of "free" space btw (no animals, no interesting landscape, no dungeons, etc. it's what i mean with free space, not for the whole region). i would suggest pimping it up a bit, but that's my subjective opinion.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

If you perform "Error check results" on the dialogue editor, you get (other than the CO_Stock and MS_MatchMakeFons errors which are Beth's own fault) a warning about something wrong in Greetings1: "Only local variables allowed on line 4?"

Now there are tons of greetings1 entries. It's one with at least four lines in the result script box, and it's one brought by TR since it will not appear without loading TR_Mainland in the CS.

I thought this was the culprit:
[Lijarra stares at you without saying a word. She looks emaciated and worn out.]

Code: Select all

if ( GetDeadCount TR_m2_q_27_heelkur == 0 )
    if ( TR_m2_q_27_heelkur.dontforcegreet == 0 )
        set forcegreet to 1
        set TR_m2_q_27_heelkur.dontforcegreet to 2
    endif
endif
Goodbye
But getting rid of it does not remove the error, so it's some other entry further down.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Warnings.txt knows the actual source of the error:
Script Dialogue CompileAndRun
Only local variables allowed on line 4?
Compiled script not saved!
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Greeting "Greeting 1"
"That doesn't make any sense... Guards, arrest the outlander!"
I am not sure this is an actual error, since dialogue results allow a more liberal syntax (as far as using variables is concerned) than scripts. Will test when I have more time.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Script Dialogue CompileAndRun
Only local variables allowed on line 4?
Compiled script not saved!
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Greeting "Greeting 1"
"That doesn't make any sense... Guards, arrest the outlander!"
That's weird, because the corresponding line is

SetPCCrimeLevel PCBounty
where PCBounty is a local variable on TR_m3_q_3_Captain_sc. Using a mod that declares PCBounty as a global maybe? Even then shouldn't it look for the local first and not give an error?
Doesn't trigger any error for me, but doesn't mean it can't be a problem on another version.
Enchantment "TR_m3_q_3_reward_en": changed night-eye duration to 3 from 1. Does this fix the permanency bug?
Nope, had nothing to do with duration, still happens because of "On-Self". Way to get the bug is to just cast it on a wall in front of you. (presumably on any non-actor surface while the nighteye effect is still active, in which case a higher duration if anything would increase the chances of it happening - better remove the nighteye entirely)
Dagoth Fargoth

Post by Dagoth Fargoth »

terrain_bc_scum_01 Inlet Bog (15,-21) 127902 -169215 0 "water clear instead of swamp"
-> stripe of swamp water is clear water

TR_imp_guard_s00000007 Kemel-Ze, Archaeologist Base 4556 5170 12630 "wrong text, no dangerous chamber there"
-> guard says behind the door is a dangerous chamber when in fact behind the door is an archeologist with some stuff

TR_m2_q_12_Rianele_Sele00000000 Helnim Fields Region (28,-1) 230917 -5672 275 "doesn't counter when i attack her"
-> after i helped her slaying the nord i tried to attack her. she doesn't respond to the attacks at all, i can still talk to her.

in_c_djamb_stone_square Helnim, Laeril's House 3072 3760 15488 "can't get through the door to basement"
-> maybe this is a joke because woodelves are so small?

active_bubbles00 Adanibi Grotto 6660 8056 -1151 "bubblebox visible"
-> purple box visible

TR_m1_Hasilius_Brahn00000000 Ranyon-ruhn, The Dancing Jug 4074 3931 15170 "even after the he is saved, when asked about solstheim he remains as if he was drunk"
-> i will never drink alcohol again. hic, solsthic-heim etc.

TR_m2_Bervyn Andus00000000 Nchazdrumn, Halls of Rest -731 -731 -1070 "can't tell him about his friends. also horrible loot as advanced steam centurions are the hardest enemies in the game"
-> the guy tells you about his friends. you can find their bodies. you can't tell him.
=> very disapointing dungeon. hordes of advanced steam centurions that can kill me with 3 strikes and all i get for it are dungeons that end abrupt and as good as no loot. a few dwemer armor peaces, one with a wacky enchantment. naah thx.

TR_m2_Adrosu Balmayn00000000 Boethian Mountains (35,3) 293237 29165 912 "talks, responds in full sentences to admiring etc"
-> even though he obviously can't talk, he says (audio) sentences and responds to speechcraft just as usual.

TR_cr_cephalopod_big0000002B Telvan Grotto 2886 -90 14731 "almost unhitable, as rocks block the way continually. also he can't move because of that"
-> giant cephalopod in a small cave full of rocks. no fun at all.

propably bug?
except for price, glass tanto is better than glass wakizashi. doesn't make sense at all
Dagoth Fargoth

Post by Dagoth Fargoth »

last couple of bugs:

in_velothi_ashpit_01 Ranyon-ruhn, Catacombs 4477 5531 -209 "the comberry is floating"

in_velothilarge_connector_01 Nirnidan 6720 -3520 10848 "nirnidan: map doesn't work properly"

TR_water_Circle2048_DG Alt Orethan Region (27,-26) 227375 -209595 1123 "normal sight underwater"

TR_ex_ind_plat05 Tomaril Manor (32,-15) 267629 -120763 4564 "you fall through the top of guard tower, tomaril manor"

Flora_emp_parasol_03 Telvanni Isles (38,18) 312739 154758 879 "floating tree"
Malchik

Various

Post by Malchik »

Mages Guild Akamora delivery of potions to Flaalsa. Journal says she was 'elate'. Whilst the word elate does exist as an adjective, I have never heard it used in the UK - maybe it is in the US. We would say she was 'elated'.

In the Fort Windmoth quest (Free from addiction etc.) there is a reference to a debt being 'payed'. Should be 'paid'. Payed has a specific usage and is wrong here.

In the Ayemar quest (A Convenient Scapegoat) I killed the smugglers at their hut and found the letter from Alvul. Having already met Alvul I confronted him. He attacked me and so I granted him merciful release. Then the Nord told me to talk to his Lordship who asked me to return next day. His excellentness tells me he spoke to (and killed) Alvul and gives me a copy of the note I had already taken from Alvul's corpse. Necromancy must be involved for his Lordship to commune with a dead 'un!

Suggest either Alvul does not appear in game (if you aren't meant to confront him) or that if he's kept in and you can do as I did, his Lordship thanks you for your foresight rather than speaks to a corpse. "Alvul" = Vuvil Adas
I hate a yes-man, don't you?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Various

Post by arvisrend »

Thanks for spotting these abuses of thesauri! (One of them is mine :oops:)

About Ayemar, I fear I'll need more details -- I see what is happening, but I'm not sure why. So you must have got this response from Tavrene:
Ah, yes. As soon as you left I took this letter to one of my guardsmer, Vuvil Adas. He grew increasingly agitated, his excuses increasingly incoherent. He then drew his sword and attempted to make a run for it. I cut him down. I found this letter on him; I think it may be of some interest to you. Doubtless to say, I have released your friend, the Nord.
This is conditioned to journal stage 77. So you must not have obtained stage 80 earlier (because journal stages never go down, only up). But stage 80 is set when you confront Vuvil and show him the letter. Is it possible that you confronted Vuvil but then, instead of showing him the letter, backed down and just killed him? Thanks a lot.
Malchik

Post by Malchik »

Precise order

Met Vuvil in the courtyard and increased his disposition to 100 talked of background and general topics (not everything).

Entered fortress and talked to everyone - Nord last.

Agreed to help and went to find the smugglers and killed them. Found the note mentioning Vuvil.

Went to Vuvil with the topic 'smuggling ring' or 'band of smugglers' can't remember the precise wording off hand but it's the only topic.

He said something about how dare I accuse him. I said I had evidence and he attacked me. So I killed him. In other words I showed him the letter before he attacked.

I then reported to the Nord that I had killed them all (though there was no reference in his dialogue to Vuvil).

He told me to see Tavrene.

Tavrene asked me to give him a day and on my return got the reply you quoted.

Hope that helps.
Malchik

Floating rock

Post by Malchik »

I don't normally comment on floating exterior items because my tree mod causes most of them. This may be the same but there was a large rock floating beisde the path leading WNW from Hadipasu in the Helnim Fields Region just to the right of the path. Close to the cave entrance.
Malchik

Quest problem

Post by Malchik »

Blind Faith - on this run through the pack rat disappeared on the way (I was moving very slowly so I am not sure why). After I killed the mabrigash there was no update. I tried adding the packrat via the console and resurrecting the mabrigash. The rat did not turn into a priest and there was no update. ONLY if the packrat was killed before the mabrigash did I receive JE 51. If you kill her you should get the JE 51 whether the rat is there or not alive or dead. The bit about the rat becoming a priest should probably come after that.

Which witch - I have said this once already a year or so ago. The quest is not intuitive, needs a bit more help for the player in the dialogue IMO. Also I did not get an update saying I had received axe training after I returned the axe suggesting although he said he was offering some training it didn't actually happen.

Not totally helpful but one of the responses from the Telvanni Lord of Tel Mothriva has a typo of 'the' instead of 'they'. I did make a note of exactly where at the time but of course now cannot find it. I think it's his reply to the necromancy topic.
Malchik

Various

Post by Malchik »

Allion Aberus IC man in Bal Oyra's first quest is to talk to Han Sadavel. If you click the topic Han Sadavel you get the response 'The quickest way to get there is Silt Strider etc.' Er - no. Obviously the wrong response added.

Directions to Sarvanni are - leave the city (Tel Ouada) to the west. No - it's to the east.

Shrine of Solitude is not working in my game (has before) was anything changed in the update?

Fast and Furious (Bal Oyra quest) - is it possible to speak to Lish gro-Garrok through the door? I only ever get 'Who's there?'. I can unlock the door to speak to him but in other quests I have played and in some cases in TR you can speak through the bars. Don't seem to be able to here.

I hope these points are useful.
rot
Lead Developer

Re: Quest problem

Post by rot »

Malchik wrote: Which witch -
(...)
I did not get an update saying I had received axe training after I returned the axe suggesting although he said he was offering some training it didn't actually happen.
You actually used to directly get +2 or so to your Axe skill without any further messages, unless it was removed. If it wasn't removed, it probably will be soon (ModSkill is a bad way to increase skills since it doesn't trigger the level-up count)
Malchik wrote:Fast and Furious (Bal Oyra quest) - is it possible to speak to Lish gro-Garrok through the door? I only ever get 'Who's there?'.
Are you possibly using the MPP? The late version adds back a 'Who's there?' which was before removed with good reason by Bloodmoon (it's a terrible bug-inducing greeting). You might want to grab the latest (possibly beta?) version of the MPP from the beth forums, which I think removes its bad edits.
Malchik wrote:I don't normally comment on floating exterior items because my tree mod causes most of them. This may be the same but there was a large rock floating beisde the path leading WNW from Hadipasu in the Helnim Fields Region just to the right of the path. Close to the cave entrance.
in case you don't already know about them, [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=316371#316371]Betacomments[/url] are an easy way to tag such things from ingame
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

npc: TR_m1_Sinsal_Nedriem
topic: slander
info: Back to amuse us again? What kind of ridiculous slander have you invented this time?

filter should be for tr_potion_wine_04 > 0 instead of = 1
else it will nor work if player has more than one object (it happened to me and I realized it but I don't think most players would do it)

Even with unique objects, there is not guarantee a mod will not add another one, so testing for > or >= instead of = in dialog item quantity filters IMO should be a general rule, there are only advantages.

[EDIT]some more

TR_m2_Arvs_Rethrathi
Windmoth Legion Fort, Interior
"in terms of negiotating"

I would change quest TR_m2_FW_SkoomaFree so that if you talk to Bradasou_Alendu after Naleth has agreed to forget about the debt, you can still talk to Shaga gra-Grazgob and allow her to get rid of all the skooma, it is not logic you can talk to her no more about it if you help Bradasou_Alendu

Journal: TR_m2_He_LitCrit
Index: 20
Habour

Begin TR_m2_q_32_ZarenPackSCN

; script on the package in quest TR_m2_EEC_Zare1.
; changes /abot

Short OnPCEquip
Short messageOn
Short Button

if ( OnPCEquip == 1 )
	Set messageOn to 1
	Set OnPCEquip to 0
	MessageBox "What do you want to do with the package?" "Open it" "Keep it closed"
endif

If ( messageOn == 1 )
	Set Button to GetButtonPressed
	if ( Button < 0 )
		return
	endif
	set messageOn to 0	; else it keeps running interacting with other objects and misfiring /abot
	if ( Button == 0 )
		player->startscript TR_m2_q_32_ZarenPackGlb		; global script attached to player instead of object to delete, should be safer /abot
		DisablePlayerControls
		player->AddItem "TR_m2_q_32_ZarenPants" 1
		Journal TR_m2_EEC_Zare1 55
	endif
endif

End

(rot): script above applied
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/glitchhunter09/MGEScreenshot36_zps4ea9dd66.png
This is kind of an old image so forgive me it it doesn't address the problem but anyway here's what's up with this.

Okay, the naked body on the ground is a dead ordinator in mourning north of Akamora. When I found the dead corpse, there was an insane woman wearing half his armor who attacked me along with two Skeleton Barbarians. Aside from there being no real explanation about what the hell is going on here, there's another problem. The Lady is wearing a Necrom Indoril Left Pauldron and there is a left one on the dead ordinator as well.

This poses an issue if you've been hunting for a full set of Ordinator in Mourning Armor, because the right pauldron is nowhere to be found ingame (aside from console and the TR test cell, which don't count, and the TR test cell is in the process of being removed anyway it seems.)
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

From beth board, did not check:

TR_m1_Farasira_Sadas00000000 Llothanis, Farasira Sadas: Merchant 4141 3846 14564 "merchant with a 0 use master probe for sale for 0 drakes" also fixed the nearby two as IIRC the uses refill when bought

TR_m1_FW_gateS_door Firewatch (18,15) 150585 126419 496 "at Firewatch, the guard will open the gate after hours (the animation of the gate shows it opening), but I cannot walk through the gate as one would expect. I can use a levitation spell to enter above the gate. It's as if there's a force field preventing you from walking through." Cannot confirm this (on MCP-patched Morrowind).

TR_m2_Peladia Varousha00000000 Helnim, Peladia Varousha: Armorer 4247 2953 492 "As far as I could tell, this guy's gold never decreased when I sold him stuff." Cannot confirm it either...

TR_m1_q_Captain00000000 Llothanis (33,10) 277353 82416 298 "The NPC said he was a shipmaster offering travel but there were no options in the dialogue box." Does he really offer travel? I don't remember this. He is a quest NPC. likely refers to Shipmaster class (and its generic background dialogue). dunno this quest so not risking a nolore, should either give him a custom entry or perhaps a TRSailor class could be of use?

TR_m2_Farvil Madryen00000000 Helnim, Guild of Fighters 4377 3706 15970 "the iron armor carried in inventory by Farvil Madryen at the Helnim Fighters Guild has weird values, for example 2000/200 Other armor had 'normal looking' values" possibly intentional?

TR_m3_Irlay00000000 Darnim (22,-18) 182500 -142186 251 "Irlay in Darnim has a scroll for sale. After buying it (say 300), I noticed that Irlay's amount of gold did not increase. As a test, I bought something else, and gold did increase by the amount I paid for it." Cannot confirm.
Last edited by rot on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Sorry for this, guys... arvis the bugfinder is back (kind of), arvis the bugfixer not so much yet.

q3-13: Soulgems from self-summoned fire atronachs (and, I guess, any other fire atronachs which don't have ID "atronach_flame") are not accepted. This would be OK if Laasta told this to the player, but she doesn't. Well, the script isn't very hard to fix.
should summoned atronachs be allowed or does that set a bad precedent for equivalent quests? meantime fixed anyway in TR_m3_q_13_LaastaScript & TR_m3_q_13_StarCountScript

q3-5: The "Ravos Sorvalith" topic usually gives me fairly unhelpful responses (or none at all). I don't care if he is a joker, I want to know where I can find him. I think there should be some variants of the responses which end with "Oh, you are looking for him? He is probably at the Sandil manor" etc., conditioned to the appropriate quest stages. added to the 2 NPCs who had custom entries + one for guards

q3-5: I still don't like the fact that this quest needs "latest rumors" to start; there is way too much spam in the rumors topic and we can't expect it to behave nicely when we merge in more and more dialogue. What if some topics of guards discussing how boring it is to be a guard at Gorne would mention, as an aside, the disappearance of the lookout? body now adds topic "dead body" upon activation, which will lead to getting "island lookout". Maybe give it automatically from guard greetings eg like when reporting DB attacks

q3-14: If I keep the staff (so Delamus attacks me) and calm Delamus (an option the quest kind of suggests), I can talk to Delamus and he gives me the "You shouldn't be so curious" line again, which is not very applicable. IMHO what should be happening is that he calls you out on your cowardice and goes back to fighting immediately. shouldn't even have been able to ask about the topic in these conditions - his greetings have StartCombat but were missing goodbye, fixed

These quests are merged in, which is why I am posting these here.

EDIT: Furn_museum_display_02 Akamora, Varen Manor 3132 4288 14782 "the helm here calls for stealing. protect with some glass display?"
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

From Sslaxx's reports on #openmw: TR_m2_q_35_Vampire1's AI Fight setting should be set to 100, and her "Who's there?" line should be reworded (suggest "Who is this? Show yourself!")
Ex

Post by Ex »

There are quite a number of landtears in the Blacklight area - though I imagine because those parts are still in development you might already be aware of them.

Let me know if you need more detail, but I spotted at least 4 when flying over.
Malchik

Extract from post in discussion forum.

Post by Malchik »

On the newest areas I cannot say much as I have only just started exploring them and they are in any case not finished. As ever they are beautifully designed (many thanks TR team). I noticed the following small points. The quest in Fort Ancylis requires you to swim down to discover a Nordic Axe. In my game you cannot pick up the axe. I added it via the console and completed the quest. Ref TR_w_m4_q_AncylisAxe. alpha, fix already reported in section thread
In the Dwemer ruin of Bthungtch the bandit leader's journal refers to him finding a key to lock the lower levels. I could not find the key, should it not be on him? Also it says he took a peek and saw dwemer sphere centurions. There are no sphere centurions in the zone. Either such should be added or the journal changed to read 'spiders' which are present. In the cave Zeddan there is a silver slave key. It opens the gate to the slaves but does not unlock their bracers. No other key is available that I could find so I assume it is an error.

Last in the 'Scout's guide to Teyn' there is a ref to Fort Firemoth 'only a mile of the shore' should be either 'off shore' or perhaps 'a mile from the shore' or 'within a mile of the shore'. Minor point.
alpha, reports copied in section threads, thanks!

My two cents worth at a very early stage.
Malchik

Slave key 2

Post by Malchik »

Not sure if it's because it's not finished or an oversight but another slave key fits the door but not the slave bracers. The tin slave key in Adhuhartis.
swit

Post by swit »

I've noticed few prison related problems with the current release:

1. Akamora: missing PrisonMarker despite existence of jails and evidence chest

2. Bal Oya: PrisonMarker points to wrong cell ("Bal Oyra, Keep: Dungeons" instead of "Bal Oyra, Keep" where evidence chest is located)

3. Cephorad Keep: missing prison cells inside any of the interiors (there is PrisonMarker and evidence chest, so there should be real jails too, like in all other areas like this).

Hope it will be fixed soon, as I need these things to work as expected, to create TR addon for my mod that adds more depth to prison sentences.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

swit wrote:1. Akamora: missing PrisonMarker despite existence of jails and evidence chest
AFAIK it's intentional that the PC only gets sent to imperial fort jails. (Akamora being House Indoril)
Wouldn't stop you from adding one in your mod if that's what you want, though.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Split off a discussion on jails to [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24807]this thread[/url].
Huskobar

Bug List

Post by Huskobar »

Self-explanatory text attachment (6 KB) included.
Attachments
Tam Rebuilt Submission.txt
(5.85 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Huskobar

Post by Huskobar »

In the 'Smuggler Seeker' quest, I had a bad problem with crashes. It seemed related to the AI Flee rating of the smugglers. Now, I've messed with the GMST flee settings, so perhaps my setup is weird. But if there are other reports of crashes, it might be necessary to set the Flee ratings of 'TR_m1_q71_Smuggle1' and 'TR_m1_q71_Smuggle2' to 0.
rot
Lead Developer

Re: Bug List

Post by rot »

Huskobar wrote:[spoiler]Hi, Huskobar here. I'm in the midst of creating my trademark 'tidy' version of Tamriel Rebuilt (v14.08 Mainland) for my Morrowind Amalgamated project. This involves re-working many scripts and references to be more concise, machine-friendly, and freer of conflict, errors, and ambiguity. At some point, I'll perhaps submit my work for your perusal, but in the meantime I'm forwarding some findings you might find useful.

My main targets for re-working are Scripts (and some Local variables), Global variables, NPCs, Journal entries, and Dialogue Results. I have finished the Scripts and Globals which comprise the bulk of the modifications, and so thought I'd pass along an interim report of what constitute errors, less-than-ideal structuring, and plain questions that my dissecting of TR has uncovered.

My knowledge of 'best Morrowind practices' is limited so this list is not indisputable or exhaustive, but I think it provides a good starting point that you can draw upon to make TR even better.

I've broken the list down by category. Entries most often start with a reference name followed by an undergone/suggested improvement. Categories start with specific instances followed by more generalized issues if any.

====

SCRIPTS

- 'TR_m3_q_A9_Witchhunter', 'TR_m3_q_A9_WitchCombat', 'TR_m3_q_A9_Bonewalker_Script', 'TR_m1_GS_MQ_2 _EarlyStuff', 'TR_m1 _q_FallHole', 'TR_m1_q_Door_Barred_Script', 'TR_m1_lud_crce1', TR_m1_GS_MQ_2 _LateStuff/TR_m1_GS_MQ_2_EarlyStuff' - deleted (apparently unused)
- 'TR_m3_RelamDoorScript' - added missing parentheses
- 'TR_m3_dwepuzlev...' series - added many missing parentheses
- 'TR_m3_q_13_StarCountScript' - commented out counts for soulgems (not accepted by MWEdit)
- 'TR_m2_Sevra_SlaveTrader' - added parentheses
- 'TR_m2_q_A8_6_HozgubGlobalScript' - inserted 'Hmm.' after the 'Say' function (Is that ok?)
- 'TR_m2_q_8_mirabeljail' - fixed '='
- 'TR_m2_q_4_BrelynDeathScript' - corrected for too many 'EndIfs'
- 'TR_m2_q_35_vampirelead' - gives 'Choice' error in MWEdit (may be false positive?)(not fixed)
- 'TR_m2_q_29_OlmuTravel' - removed extra 'EndIf'
- 'TR_m2_q_29_4_Surol_Script', 'TR_m2_q_29_2_SelariScript' - removed count after 'AddSpell' lines
- 'TR_m2_q_20_Sorcerer' - NPC i.d. and script i.d. are identical
- 'TR_m2_q_19_Lorus2Script' - replaced local variable 'Position' (which is a function)
- 'TR_m2_q_12_Rianele' - local variable 'TR_map' misnamed 'TR-map'
- 'TR_m2_q_12_AlfhedScript' - timer value requires leading '0'
- 'TR_m2_q_10_SaveSlaveEscape' - "Helnim Fields Region" considered not a cell type in MWEdit (not fixed)
- 'TR_m2_q_10_IlverothLeave' - local variable 'dayspassed' conflicts with global
- 'TR_m2_Nchaz_KegValve_sc' - 'GetScale' needs leading '0'
- 'TR_m2_kmlz_VoH_Door_sc' - 'elseif ( state = 1 )' needs another '='
- 'TR_m2_kmlz_Kark_mix1/2_sc' - too many 'EndIfs'
- 'TR_m2_kmlz_ChefB_WaterSquare_sc' - appears to have extraneous parentheses with 'SetWaterLevel' actions
- 'TR_m2_kmlz_ChefB_Lever_sc'/'TR_m2_kmlz_Azm_Lever2_sc' - leading '0's needed on 'PlaySoundVP' actions
- 'TR_M1_Q68_PocRel_scpt' - see abot's comment re: 'PositionCell' vs variables (not fixed)
- 'TR_M1_Q66_Ra2_Guard_Scpt' - AiTravel theoretically does not accept variables (not fixed)
- 'TR_m1_q_TO_ACK_nogatalk' - too many parameters in AIFollow action
- 'TR_m1_q_TO_ACK_noga_away', 'TR_m1_q_TO_ACK_20' - syntax corrected for 'Set position' statements
- 'TR_m1_q_57_SuperCrabScript' - fixed incomplete Booleans, fixed for too many 'EndIfs'
- 'TR_m2_Pub_Helnim_Racer' - 'TR_m2_Rent_Helnim_Drake' appears to be used by mistake (should likely be 'TR_m2 _Rent_Helnim_Racer')

- GENERAL - The 'StopCombat' function does not accept parameters, so where one is included (e.g. 'TR_m3_q_3 _Burglar_sc') it has been removed

- GENERAL - incrementing 'remote' variables is probably best done using the structure as found in 'TR_m3_q_A7 _NethrilLights'. This still yields a 'token' error when compiled in MWEdit, but is probably nonetheless better.
Other scripts needing similar treatment: 'TR_m3_dwepuzlev...' series, 'TR_m1_q_TT_7_Vamps_Script', 'TR_m1_q_SlaveDiseased', 'TR_m1_q_IC_4_AlitGroup', 'TR_m1_q_GuarScript'

- GENERAL - while a robust computer might be able to handle it, it is probably not the best practice to have 'Disable' and 'SetDelete 1' run in the same frame since it can cause crashes. I have worked a short timer into such instances (as per 'TR_m1_Q62_KtM_Script...' series). Scripts where this occurs: 'TR_m2 _q_5 _OrdReaction', 'TR_m2_q_5_NPCMove', 'TR_m2_q_ 29_4_Map_Script', 'TR_m1_q_FG_CaptainScript', 'TR_m_q_FG_BoatStuffDisable'

(I'm not sure if a structure of the form

if ( GetDisabled == 1 )
SetDelete 1

presents a problem (several scripts have this) - presumably not (?)

- GENERAL - where 'PlayLoopSound3DVP' occurs, this was changed to 'PlayLoopSound3D' and the parameters were removed. Especially where the parameters are other than '1.0, 1.0', this can cause 'left eval' errors.
(Do 'PlayLoopSound3DVP 1.0 1.0' and 'PlayLoopSound3D' not amount to the same thing anyway?)

UNUSED OR UNASSIGNED SCRIPTS

'TR_m2_DragonGlade_DayNight_ambie', 'TR_m1_T_FactionMap', 'TR_m1_SageaGuardscript', ''TR_m1_q_Jalian', 'TR_m1_q_Galan', 'TR_m1_PT_CouncilHouse_CrystalNoise', 'TR_m1_NPC_V_Berne'/'TR_m1_NPC_V_Aundae', 'TR_m1_HesseiScript', 'TR_GateSkyrim', 'TR_Cont_Eyestar_Script', 'TR_AD_Summon_Daedra'

====

CONTAINERS

- 'TR_m2_q_32_Vodunius' - marked as persistent
- 'TR_m3_q_a9_pbchest' - marked as persistent
- 'TR_m3_pilgrimsupplies' - marked as persistent

====

DOORS

- 'TR_m2_q_5_HlamenDoor' - marked as persistent
- 'TR_m3_TM_HlavesaDoor' - marked as persistent

====

DIALOGUE

Are there duplicate entries in places (many in Greeting 7)? (seem to be a bunch that also appear in, say, Greeting 1) (Take a look, for example, at entries for 'TR_m1_Hasilius_Brahn')(not fixed)[/spoiler]
Thanks, yes tidying up such things as extra arguments is useful since openMW might not end up tolerating them quite as well.

On Flee: assuming you're just using the usual flee AI tweaks, I'm very doubtful that the default Flee rating set in the CS could itself cause your crashes, standard value is 30 but higher or lower ones shouldn't impact the game in any way the Fear/Rally effects don't also (though whether the AI behaviour resulting from high flee is desirable in the end... that's something else entirely)
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

Got another bug to report:

So I found a weird bug with the firewatch fighters' guild quest involving escorting Dillmoon to the Queen's cutlass.

I went on the IRC and asked Arvisrend to check it out. Here's what he said:
[spoiler]
<arvisrend> Ademnal gives up
<arvisrend> but
<arvisrend> Merdon keeps fighting him
<arvisrend> wtf

<arvisrend> Ok weird
<arvisrend> bug reproduced
<arvisrend> hmm
<arvisrend> i have no idea why it happens :/
<arvisrend> please mention it in the bug report that the SpeakOnce varialbe of the TR_m1_FG1_Bully1Script script gets set to 2 without the ForceGreeting happening[/spoiler]

On another note, there also needs to be a check for disabling damage to health after they surrender. A while back, I used a weapon with absorb health and after they surrendered, the one I hit died from his health getting absorbed and it counted as failing the quest.

I suggest some kind of script that checks to see if an absorb, drain, or damage health spell with a duration is active or not and disables the effect after the bullies surrender. Hope this is helpful to you guys. And special thanks to Arvisrend for investigating it.
Tinker

OpenMW testing

Post by Tinker »

Testing this with OpenMW I get reports of a script that fails to compile.

error script TR_m2_kmlz_ChefB_WaterSquare_sc, line 18, column 23 ()): Unexpected special token

The extra ) is also repeated 5 lines further on in the script, these types of syntax error seem to be ignored by Bethesda's engine but OpenMW is more critical.
Howling_Snail

Post by Howling_Snail »

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the guild guide in Helnim can't send you to Bal Oyra.
Howling_Snail

Post by Howling_Snail »

[url=http://s234.photobucket.com/user/pokemainiac/media/2015-02-25_00007_zpsydcjyt5y.jpg.html][img]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee181/pokemainiac/2015-02-25_00007_zpsydcjyt5y.jpg[/img][/url]

A lot of the wording in that last bit of dialogue doesn't sound correct to me. You might want to consider re-wording it.

[url=http://s234.photobucket.com/user/pokemainiac/media/2015-02-25_00008_zpsc2bs6zlg.jpg.html][img]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee181/pokemainiac/2015-02-25_00008_zpsc2bs6zlg.jpg[/img][/url]

"has major plans to proceed against the Thieves Guild." Shouldn't it be "strike"?

And in the very bottom right "documents about that plans".
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Howling_Snail wrote:I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the guild guide in Helnim can't send you to Bal Oyra.
I think that's because of the whole "relay" idea, which was probably planned in order to get around the limited number of destinations, but will get scrapped later on?
Howling_Snail wrote:A lot of the wording in that last bit of dialogue doesn't sound correct to me. You might want to consider re-wording it.
There are more than a few issues with the dialogue in that questline and IIRC the story also doesn't make sense or just goes nowhere. Work on it necessary but postponed to go with Helnim.
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

So yeah, found a little inconsistency:
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/aQ0v3dW.png[/img][/spoiler]
Dralothas Omothran, owner of Tel Mothrivra, has a number of topics that are incorrectly filtered so he refers to himself in third person as if he were someone else. For example, the latest rumors topic above.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

There is an item, "TR_MG_ExpelWorkOut", that is labelled "PUT ONE OF ME IN EACH MG HALL!". It is only in the Firewatch guild hall. The script attached to it, "TR_expelledMG", appears to set an expiry date on guild expulsion.
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

reference to (meant to be) unique chargen_plank in Darnim 22, -18 should be replaced with reference to ex_ship_plank
else chargen_plank in Seyda Neen may not disappear as expected

there are also others (e.g. in Asurnabi), basically anything starting with chargen_ should not be used/replaced with a not unique item using the same mesh
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

MEPHALAN MOUNTAINS REGION (30, -14)

The chest there 'com_chest_weapon_02_v_01000000' has LIKE 45 SHORT BOWS, 40 LONGBOWS, AND A LOT OF ARROWS in it.
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

Ironed Maidens wrote:MEPHALAN MOUNTAINS REGION (30, -14)

The chest there 'com_chest_weapon_02_v_01000000' has LIKE 45 SHORT BOWS, 40 LONGBOWS, AND A LOT OF ARROWS in it.
Confirmed, id is com_chest_02_v_weapon01.
standard unused (probably for this reason) chest containing a probably unintended -100 l_n_wpn_missle_bow