i4-476-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

i4-476-Red

Post by Seneca37 »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-476-Red (#2675)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_4-16-Red (#153)
Claimed by: Ragox
Files: TR_i4-476-Red_Ragox_1.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Ragox_2.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Ragox_3.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Ragox_4.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Ragox_5.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Tyrant_1.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Tyrant_2.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Tyrant_3.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Tyrant_4.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Tyrant_5.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_Tyrant_6.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_sasquatch_1.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_sasquatch_2.esp; TR_i4-476-Red_sasquatch_3.esp

---

(-18, -23) Bandit cave.

This just needs some finishing touches, if anyone is interested. The latest file is
TR_i4-476-Red_Tyrant_6.esp.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Will make this a nice midsize bandit cave.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Granting, nothing too über.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

You got it!
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

update w/ cave layout.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

I've made this claim into a bandit commune! Would like someone to okay the layout before I proceed. I think it'd be cool to have a resident captured pack guar on location as well to help haul their loot to camp. I dont need a full review since I still have to properly level a lot of objects.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

review.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Off to review.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I know you've been busy with i5-56, but just checking to see if there's any progress on this one.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report?
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Sorry, I'm indefinitely retiring from interiors. I won't be working further on these.
my opinion.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Revoking.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

I had a look into this int and would like to finish it.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Grants!
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

New file is up.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

And some more progress!
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Looking good. I just quickly looked over it and I really like what you've done. Might I suggest either some lava or at least some steam vents. This is a py cave, near a Dwemer ruin so it should be relatively hot inside.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

seneca37 wrote:Looking good. I just quickly looked over it and I really like what you've done. Might I suggest either some lava or at least some steam vents. This is a py cave, near a Dwemer ruin so it should be relatively hot inside.
Thanks seneca, I will try to reflect that in the next version.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

New version below.

Please revoke the file.

I'm dropping this, as I don't have any good ideas for the second cell of this cave at the moment and am focusing on other things (artifacts :D) right now.

One thing I noticed was that sasquatch2o didn't make use of gridsnapping and I didn't fix that. But I wasn't able to identify any seams, so it should be all good.
Attachments
TR_i4-476-Red_Ragox.esp
(56.34 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Revoked as per developer's request.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

I'll give this a whirl. Looking to shake off some rust and get back into it. Will use the WIP.

I'll make it fairly basic, maybe try to add some cool visual feature somewhere.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Good to have you back - Have FUN!
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Noob question.

What's the quickest easiest way to locate the exterior location of this interior?

The cell I've been left with looks great. Impressive work, and with 750+ objects I'd say it's very near complete, so I take it I'm just to create the second cell it's attached to.

I understand it's close to a dwemer ruin so I'll incorporate that into the second cell somehow . I'd like to see how close exactly, as well as what direction it is relative to the cave.

Another Noob question

What is the naming standard for the second cell. Just add "-2" to the end?

I've made a multi-cell int. before, but I honestly don't remember.

Thanks
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

You load up the TR_Alpha.esp (unless there are newer versions for the particular exterior around) and sort the cells by Grid and look for the one given in the description, which is (-18, -23) for this int.

It's indeed directly north of a Dwemer ruin that goes by the beautiful sounding name of Ngelfltingth, but the cave is kinda leading away from it, so I don't know if it would make sense for there to be ruins inside. It's also not evident from the description which of the two caves that are present in the exterior cell this is, since whoever put this claim up did not provide a screenshot of the respective entrance.

As for naming the second cell I'd say -02 or _02 is fine.

I'm excited to see how you'll continue this int :)
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Another noob question and an update.

Noob question: I need clarification on the Northmarker. As I understand it any direction you point the NM is where the players compass will read true north, correct?

So the way I did it was to subtract the degrees the door was was facing from north or 360.

Example: Door is facing 90 degrees, or straight east. Subtract 90 from 360 = Point NM to 270 degrees in the Int.

Confirm that's the correct way?

Update: This cave is very near and directly north of a dwemer ruin. The first level is complete and I'm just doing the lower level.

Lower cave is more cramped and tight than the section above. Much less 'carved out' by the bandits. There will however be a semi-hidden loot stash, although nothing particularly valuable.

The lower level will circle around to the south towards the dwemer ruin. I plan to have a break in the rocks where the player can look through and see a small lava stream that runs lower beneath the caves, although it will not be accessible.

Somewhere along the lava stream I want to have some acknowledgement of the dwermer ruin. Perhaps another rock break where part of a dwemer wall is visible.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Re: .

Post by Seneca37 »

Tyrant wrote:... I need clarification on the Northmarker. As I understand it any direction you point the NM is where the players compass will read true north, correct?
Yes, it affects all the map layouts.

Tyrant wrote:So the way I did it was to subtract the degrees the door was was facing from north or 360.

Example: Door is facing 90 degrees, or straight east. Subtract 90 from 360 = Point NM to 270 degrees in the Int.

Confirm that's the correct way?
That should work about 99% of the time. Unfortunately, not all doors are made the same way - so occasionally this may not work. If it is off - the reviewer will fix it.

Tyrant wrote:Update: ...?
That sound great. I think its really good to have interiors tie in to the exterior surroundings.

Would you also submit an update at the top of the claim? This way we can look things over and make suggestions, if needed.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Here's the update.

Please double check my North Markers for both cells.

As for the second cell, there's not a ton to show right now. At this point I'm still planning and just kind of throwing things around to brainstorm the best way to go about what I've planned, so expect the layout to change drastically.

Suggestions welcome!

Anyways, here it is.

Thanks
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Another file. This is more or less the layout I'd like to go with
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Northmarkers (this one was tough)
1st Interior - Z axis = 71.1
2nd Interior - Z axis = 268.8 ( or if you rotate the door in the first interior to be 270.0, which it should be, then the angle would be 270.0).

Add the teleporting doors in here from one interior to the other.

I really like the feel here. A couple of suggestions

1) be sure hanging ropes go from the rope of one pole to the rope of another pole. The furn_de_rope1_01 with the orange lantern on it is just floating. I'm sure you'd have seen that eventually.

2) the barricade (pathspears) is way too uniform. Vary the scale, height, rotate some in the x and y axis a bit. Maybe add some of the furn_de_pathspear_01 to make it look roped together.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Still working on this.

Busy due to work.

Suggestions noted.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Minor update.

Still working on this
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Wouldn't mind some input on the latest upload.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome.

The idea of the second cell is that it leads to the bandits loot stash. There are also a few lava-ey spots and a hint of the nearby dwemer ruin.

The loot stash should be fairly recognizable. I tried not to make it too uber, but there are a few goodies, since it will also be behind a locked door.

Also, what is the convention for creating keys? I want to have a locked door, and I want there to be a key somewhere among the bandit junk. I tried to make one but couldn't find the right meshes and icons? Also what should it be named?

Anyways, appreciate any input. Thanks.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Well, it looks great so far, imo.
I really like how you've done the stash, that's very atmospheric. I'm not a big fan of the stairs with the long ramp though.
Also make sure that everything's easy enough to navigate ingame, as it seems very tight in some places.

terrain_rock_ac_05, terrain_rock_ma_56, terrain_rock_rm_03 and terrain_rock_rm_20 should be deleted. They are for exteriors.

To create a key:
  • A good name would be TR_m4-476-Red_key.

Rename an existing one you like the looks of and hit save.

It will then ask you if you want to create a new object and you have to select yes.

Look for the new key in the list (TR_m4-476-Red_key) and edit to your liking.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Looking better

Lighting is too bright - drop the sunlight down to a much lower setting.

Try not to use an exterior door to get to your interior. Use the console commands coc to get to your interior and tcl to move around if needed. (coc tr_i4-476-red).

I have no problems with the usage of the terrain_rock_rm or ma rocks. They are both blackish rocks. The rm rocks are what the exterior is made of and the ma rocks are used around lava. The lone terrain_rock_ac_05, however, needs to be removed.

Unclick the "Has Water" option from -2, its not needed.

Start working with the in_Lava_Blackquare pieces. The map looks bad in the -2 cell.

Mix up the direction of the rocks a bit more. The majority of them come up from the bottom. Only a few come down from the top, and hardly any come in from the sides.

Suggestions:
Put some steam in the terrain_lava_ventlg01.

The terrain_lavapot was never used by BETH. I can see why - it just looks very odd. Maybe some steam in them would look better.

I don't mind seeing extra pieces floating around the outside of the interior, especially in a work-in-progress (wip) file, but there does seem to be a lot here. Be sure these all get cleared out.

I would throw in one more light, at the top of the ladder that leads to the stash.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report?
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Sorry for the inactivity. RL has come up. Hopefully in the future I'll find some more time to complete this, but I can't promise.

I will see what I can do about putting in some time on weekends, but if there is another person who wants this claim, then they are free to take it.

The last file updated is still the most up-to-date file.

Thanks
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

How's it going with this claim?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I let progress reporting lapse during the summer.
Just checking that you're still planning on finishing this.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Revoking due to claimant inactivity.