HELP: How to change graphics option?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

darkzumi

HELP: How to change graphics option?

Post by darkzumi »

Downloaded Tamriel Rebuilt and I LOVE it! EXCEPT that the graphics option I chose for Solstheim is blocking my view of the screen, all the damn trees/bushes/shrubs are so big and the branches spread out so much I can't see a damn thing on the screen except branches. How do I change it back to the original Solstheim background graphics? Read through several posts and tried googling it but can't find anything. HELP!!!!!!
ihavefivehat

Post by ihavefivehat »

Hmm, Tamriel Rebuilt shouldn't actually change anything on Soltheim. Did you install the Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul? That might have been what replaced your tree models. If so, I'm not sure if there's a way to go back to the vanilla models without reinstalling Morrowind.
darkzumi

Post by darkzumi »

ihavefivehat wrote:Hmm, Tamriel Rebuilt shouldn't actually change anything on Soltheim. Did you install the Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul? That might have been what replaced your tree models. If so, I'm not sure if there's a way to go back to the vanilla models without reinstalling Morrowind.
D'oh! I was hoping to avoid a reinstall. I'll check out the MGSO site and help files and see if there's a way. I just remember when I was selecting which graphics version to use it said I could change them later. Thanks!
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

You won't need to reinstall. Just run MGSOO.exe and select vanilla trees. I think there is an option that separates solsthiem so you can have all the other new tree models everywhere else but solsthiem. Same thing for mournhold.
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/2686043/?
darkzumi

Post by darkzumi »

Thanks everyone for all the help. :)
Unfortunately, the MGSO utility kept crashing when I tried to change the settings. So I did end up having to do a reinstall. Made sure not to change the Solstheim trees to the new graphics! Copied my save file over and everything is more or less back to what I had it as. Now when I'm back on in Solstheim I can actually SEE the screen, lol.