i3-789-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

i3-789-Imp

Post by Seneca37 »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-789-Imp (#2768)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: Rats
Local map: Vul interiors Indoril-Thirr
Files: TR_i3-789-Imp_Rats_1.esp; TR_i3-789-Imp_Rats_2.esp; TR_i3-789-Imp_seneca37_1.esp

---

HIGH PRIORITY - Vul building #6 (see local map).
Vul Tradehouse: this functions both as a warehouse and -- though only in gameplay terms -- as a general merchant. Rather than securing personal profit, the 'merchants', in this case, barter for (mostly) necessities that Vul is not equipped to produce itself.

Make sure to download the most recent file here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24623 for the exterior; located in cell [10, -24].

Note: despite the claim's ID the town is Indoril (not Imperial) and uses the Velothi tileset
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Claiming!

Will follow the description.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Granting. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report on this?
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Update. Mostly done; some cluttering still needed.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Sweet layout Rats :)

I especially love the idea with the attic, I haven't seen that done before with this kind of building and it doesn't feel moddy at all.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Finished
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Review ->
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:
-Lowered sunlight for both interiors

MAIN FLOOR
-Sunk misc_de_bowl_redware_01 a little into shelf
-Rotated TR_misc_skull_khj_02 so all three corners were touching the shelf
-light_de_candle_08_64 floating
-bk_Anticipations bleeding into table. (Table is uneven so this book won't be perfectly flat all the way on it)
-light_de_lantern_03_128 floating above rope (2x)
-flora_kreshweed_01 bleeding into wall
-TR_bk_HerHands bleeding into bk_HomiliesOfBlessedAlmalexia
-TR_a_ind_shield_04 floating on corners
-TR_common_robe_02 floating
-Rotated eggs in basket
-Rotated chitin_mask_helm
-F'ed TR_common_skirt_ind04
-F'ed TR_common_shirt_ind_01
-F'ed apparatus_a_mortar_01
-Lowered misc_de_bowl_orange_green_01
-Locked chest_small_02_gold_25 at 30
-Lowered sc_paper plain onto table (2x)
-Locked de_p_chest_02_gold_50 at 50
-Renamed TR_i3-789-Ind_AtticKey from "Vhul Tradehouse Attic Key" to TR_i3-789-Ind_Key "Vhul Tradehouse Key" so that it could have a more general use around the shop instead of just being for the attic.
-Applied TR_i3-789-Ind_Key to locked in_v_s_jaildoor_01.

*I don't really like TR_i3-789-Imp_PillowNote "Note under the pillow". It reads: "Dear curious stranger, why would you look under this pillow? What were you hoping to find? Incidentally -- here's a key to the attic." While that is cute and comedic, it's not very plausible. This vendor sleeps in this bed every night and keeping a piece of paper under his pillow every night with the anticipation that some random customer will look there during the day is rather far-fetched. Keeping the key under the pillow is perfectly believable since the vendor may not have pockets and a pillow is not such a bad place to hide stuff. I think the note should be deleted from this interior but I'll let the final reviewer decide.

*Did not apply health to weapons/armor. I'm assuming they are new when being sold. If this is a used goods vendor, then apply health to them. It's not specified what condition of items this merchant buys or from whom. I'll let Final Reviewer decide.

*I was skeptical at first about the glass war axe being in this average trader's shop, but because of its low health, I'd say it's okay. It's in such bad condition that the customer probably traded it for some other useful supplies.
Kind of dumb but maybe he already had enough loot and glass weapons and wanted to get rid of this glass axe. Many reasons can be thought up. I lowered its health even further to 80/640.

ATTIC
-ex_velothi_triwin_01 bleeding into floor
-furn_crate_lid_01 bleeding into wall
-TR_a_ind_cuirass floating above crate
-active_de_bedroll bleeding too much into floor
-furn_scrapwood02 bleeding into ceiling boards
-Rotated in_v_s_trapdoor_01 to match the same direction it's facing in the main floor

1) "TR_bk_NoblemansGarden_gro" book is in here twice. I assume all these books are for sale. Is a TR book valued at 85 gold really that common to be found twice in the same shop?

2) Does "TR_bk_FormalMirth_IP" belong in an Indoril town? The first two sentences of this book read: "Gravity is the essential seriousness of life. Such is the creed of our Redoran brothers." Sounds like a Redoran book rather than Indoril.

3) Why does this merchant have "TR_sc_IndorilPropaganaleaflet" laying out in the main area on a chair?

4) Are Velk Nectar Sacs appropriate to be sold here? Because there were a couple other Vhul interiors I reviewed where it was specifically stated to NOT include Velk sacs.

5) Are ingred_ash_salts_01 appropriate here? Perhaps they were traded with someone who killed an Ash Ghoul or something? I'll let the Final Reviewer decide.

Comments I like the use of Ex_De_Docks_Piling_01 with the TR_furn_v_s_found01 to form that shelf.
The attic is uniquely done. I agree with Ragox that is fits rather well into the vanilla atmosphere. Great job, Rats.

By the Beard of Thorig, someone please tell me this [url=http://i.imgur.com/BQzsYhA.jpg]hookah[/url] model is just a temporary placeholder. We can always borrow the model from Skyrim:Home of the Nords, which is very nicely done.

Rating
Attachments
Clean TR_i3-789-Ind_Rats_2.esp
TR_i3-789-Ind #6 Tradehouse
(30.49 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Thanks for the review, Tes96! To answer a few of your questions:

1) Vhul is in the Indoril lands so I figured the warehouse could have more than one copy of the book

2) The book is written by the lord of Roa Dyr and is ostensibly Indoril

3) The warehouse is a public space, and I feel that the leaflet is meant as a public announcement

4) Not sure about this. I suppose if all the nectar sacs are stored elsewhere in Vhul, they wouldn't be here.

5) Despite its origins Ash salts is not that uncommon item to be found on vendors on Vv:fell - I don't feel strongly about replacing it with something else though

If ShotN has a better Hookah than us that'd be great!
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

That Indoril leaflet really ought to be removed from data. It's ancient and probably not in line with our concept for the House anymore.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Yeti wrote:That Indoril leaflet really ought to be removed from data. It's ancient and probably not in line with our concept for the House anymore.
To me it's pretty much in keeping with the Indoril concept; the leaflet is basically a fairy tale about four miserable Kwama caves and a one good one which is then explained as an allegory of the Great Houses.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Nectar sacs in the tradehouse are fine, but the NPCer should remember to make them not be available for sale; I'd suggest giving their ownership to House Indoril. Remember that the Tradehouse is not a regular shop, but simply functions as one in-game. It is essentially a depot for goods coming to and leaving Vhul. Passing merchants go there, and if they have goods of value to Vhul the tradesmer will barter with them for those goods. The player essentially fills the role of a passing merchant in-game, and the tradesmer will accept whatever junk the player has to offer because it's the player. As Vhul is where Velk nectar is fermented to make a beverage for the Indoril, it makes perfect sense for nectar sacs to be found in the tradehouse.

As far as books are concerned, I like their inclusion. They could have been provided to Vhul by Ilvi (or rather his clerks) for the education of the local Velothi. I was originally not a fan of the leaflet, but actually feel as though, with our new take on House Indoril, it has gained new relevance: it now reads as a painfully patronizing propaganda leaflet aimed at the Velothi by Indoril to convince them that Indoril are the best masters they could wish for and are worth serving.

Excellent work on this interior, Rats. If I had to take issue with something, it would be that I don't think the beam lattice in the dome really adds anything to the attic and that beds are rather unnecessary for this interior, but I hardly think either point is an actual issue. If this is to be the standard for Velothi tradehouses, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Oh, that's the leaflet we're talking about. I mixed it up with the "Indoril Call to Arms" leaflet in data, or whatever it's called. Yeah, the leaflet with the Kwama metaphor is good to stay.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: TRADEHOUSE FIXES
Removed exterior
Added some furn_de_rope_07's to make rope knots where the hanging ropes meet with the ceiling or walls.
minor bleed of glass war axe.
Adjusted in_v_s_jaildoor_01 to be in djam better.
Replaced all the misc_de_pot_redware_04_uni with misc_de_pot_redware_04.
tr_furn_de_chair_02s were bleeding a bit into the floor.
Hmm that TR_furn_de_p_bkshelf in not really flat.
Adjusted TR_w_chitin_lsword. Hilt was bleeding into the table.
Rotated in_v_s_jaildoor_01 180 degrees so that it opens into the storage area.
Removed in_velothismall_wall_02 (1888, -416,16384) and replaced with 2 in_v_s_int_lpartition_02s. The rounded sections were causing some overlap/flickering issues. A section of the wall behind the desk was particularly bad.
I did adjust the sunlight a bit lower and the ambient a bit higher in an attempt to fix the wall issue behind the desk.
Changed Key name from Vhul Tradehouse Attic Key to just Vhul Tradehouse Key, since it opens both the attic and the locked storage area.

ATTIC
There were several overlapping issues with the furn_woodbar_01(s). Reworked all of them.
Added a couple of the obligatory buckets.
Adjusted one of the windows, one of the additional windows was bleeding into the attic.
Added in_lava_blacksquares.

Comments The note will stay for now. A little bit of whimsy is fine.

I like the attic, and the beams, even though it took me hours to fix. However, it can be a bit tricky to navigate if the player is levitating.

Rating 9 out of 10
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Use my file at the top.

NPCer - be sure to read of Gnomey's comments.