Sirrah's Showcase Thread

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

sirrah
Developer

Sirrah's Showcase Thread

Post by sirrah »

Hello, I've been watching TR from the sidelines for nearly a decade, now, so I felt I should finally try and contribute something to the project. Really, I'd love to help with questing, but I'm not very confident with the CS yet, so I figured I should put together an interior showcase in the meantime.

My interior is a Temple-run almshouse/muck-kitchen for the infirm/homeless/recalcitrant in the Velothi set (I'm not so sure on the Temple's attitude towards social welfare systems, so maybe this is off-base). The cell name is "Mercyhouse".

I'm a total novice, so I expect there'll be a lot of unwitting mistakes to work through. I eagerly await your review!
Attachments
Sirrah_showcase.ESP
(21.06 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Last edited by sirrah on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Miraclestone
Developer

Post by Miraclestone »

Hi, not a reviewer but wanted to welcome you. I took a quick look at the interior and it looks great. I didn't check for floaters and blenders but the layout makes total sense. Good luck with the showcase!
Last edited by Miraclestone on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
st.Veloth, The Repenting

Post by st.Veloth, The Repenting »

could you post some screenshots? i'd love to see what you're up to!
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I've begun reviewing this - I should be done in a day or so.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

REVIEW #1

Excellent showcase! :) I really like this interior. Technically, your rotation is quite good. As for the concept of this interior, it's perfect for a Hostel run by the Temple. This could easily fit into any of the Velothi communities. Nice book selection too – I hadn't read a couple of those yet.

Suggestions:
Rotate the door to the kitchen 180 degrees so that it opens inward. This would require moving one plate on the shelf just a bit so that it will not bleed into the door.

I made note, below, about the rope knots bleeding for the 3 tapestries by the kitchen. Might I suggest taking a bit of artistic license and moving the tapestries up, until just the wood rod (right above the tapestry) is touching, or even bleeding into, the ceiling/rail. Just be sure that none of the rope going up to the hanger is showing. This is an acceptable way of placing the tapestries.

Fixes
The following is the list of items that need to be fixed. Once these modifications have been made, I'll have no problem promoting you.

[spoiler]
REPLACEMENTS
Replace Com_Sack_02_ingred – with a food sack. Ingredient items are only for alchemists. There are strange items in the ingredient level lists that should not appear in a food area.

Replace de_p_chest_02_potions with a custom chest. Since this place should always be poor, the leveled list associated with this chest would give the player expensive potions as their level increased. I'd say keep the potions simple – maybe a few cure common diseases, a cure poison and a few restore health. These should all be bargain and maybe some spoiled potions as well.

BLEEDERS
flora_stoneflower_02 (1202, -68, 848) Leaf bleeding into wall
common_shoes_04 (751, 406, 826) into shelf
common_shoes_04 (749, 354, 826) Shoes shouldn't bleed into shelf
bk_SaryonisSermons (1381, -23, 900) Back of book is bleeding into shelf

FLOATERS
TR_furn_barrel_empty01 (721, 15, 813)
TR_bk_GospelofSaintAralor (1854, 350, 604) Back of book not resting on bench
common_skirt_02 (742, 281, 915)
common_skirt_02 (736, 282, 825)

MINOR BLEEDERS
TR_misc_toyguar (730, 338, 923) Butt/hip Into shelf
TR_furn_de_urn_open01 (864, 311, 563) Into wall
TR_bk_MedDeterminedLaw_gD (1374, 9, 911) Into books on both sides
misc_de_foldedcloth00 (742, 379, 870) Into shelf
misc_com_metal_plate_05 (1364, 64, 532) Into mat
light_de_lantern_03_128 (764, -64, 735) Loop at top is slightly bleeding into the rope.
furn_de_tapestry_01 (947, 295, 761) Rope knot into ceiling
furn_de_tapestry_01 (947, 232, 761) Rope knot into ceiling
furn_de_tapestry_01 (947, 170, 761) Rope knot into ceiling
furn_de_p_bench_03 (1863, 369, 559) Leg bleeding into wall
furn_de_p_bench_03 (1048, 552, 554) Leg bleeding into wall
bk_CantatasOfVivec (1868, 420, 603) Back of book is bleeding into bench

MINOR FLOATERS
misc_com_metal_plate_05 (970, 294, 622) Remove X/Y rotation
misc_com_metal_plate_05 (914, 207, 631)
light_com_candle_07_64 (914, 147, 640) Make the candle bleed just a bit into the railing – like the other one.
furn_crate_lid_01 (966, -6, 808) Back of lid is not resting against floor/wall.
[/spoiler]
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Thanks for your review, I'll get right on it! I did feel a bit uncomfortable about both doors opening into tight spaces, I'm (pleasantly) surprised the door fits rotated the other way, I thought it would completely intersect with the shelf.

Miraclestone- Thanks for the comment; I'm really glad the layout is comprehensible, miscommunicating the purpose was one of my biggest worries with it.

st.Veloth- I'll see if I can take some in-game shots for you, I've been trying (and failing) to get OpenMW to build over the past few days, and that's been eating up my spare time.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Alright, I think I have all these sorted. Re-uploading.

st.Veloth- I took some very real-estate-y screens [url=http://imgur.com/lBiA0uS,9gGaeRN,oLVnwfA,ph2oyBW,N1WC6mO,LNNKtv3,IqUB1OY,WRhFtrr]here.[/url]
Attachments
Clean Sirrah_showcase.ESP
(21.36 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Review #2
Very good job – just a couple of items left to be fixed. Good job with the chest too.

One thing I forgot to mention in the first review is the light by the window. That really should go, unless you put a script on it to light up only during daylight hours, otherwise you may want to put a lamp or a lantern in the area.

To be fixed
[spoiler]
bk_SaryonisSermons (1381, -23, 900) Remove X rotation and reâ€Â￾Fâ€Â￾
expensive_amulet_02 (727, 25, 792) Floating
furn_de_p_bench_03 (1863, 369, 559) Leg still bleeding into wall
misc_com_metal_plate_05 (705, 265, 644) floating (maybe scale down to 0.95 and “Fâ€Â￾ into place)
potion_local_liquor_01 (718, 11, 801) Floating.
[/spoiler]
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Thanks again, seneca37. I've fixed the remaining floaters/bleeders and made a few basic scripts to swap the lights around to fake transitions; it's probably a bit too abrupt, and the interior probably doesn't warrant several custom lights, so it might've been better to just ditch it for a single lamp.
Attachments
sirrah_showcase_fixed.esp
(23.41 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Congratulations! You've passed the showcase review. I am pleased to welcome you to the TR Interiors/Developer Team.
You can now claim interiors to work on.

To claim an interior:
1) Go to the main forum page : [url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/[/url]
2) Scroll down to the Claims – Interior sections and click on Unclaimed.
In here you will see the current list of available interiors to work on. Look them over. When you find one you want to work on:
3) Click on the “Claimâ€Â￾ button at the top, and type in a brief explanation of what you'd like to do with the interior.
4) Within a day or so, a lead developer will either accept or reject your claim (most are accepted).

Please, use this same thread if you wish to do another showcase, or if you have questions. You may also PM myself or any of the lead developers with questions or you can usually find help in the IRC Chat room #tamriel.

As for the scripted lights – yeah, they should really be removed. It would be better if a single light could be placed in there that would change throughout the day. But that can be done at a later time – if at all. If you wouldn't mind, please remove the scripted lights and just put in a regular lamp. This interior is very good and we may use it for one of our interiors.

Looking forward to seeing your work.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Hey sirrah, I also like your interior a lot. Congratulations and welcome to TR. Looking forward to see more of your work! :)
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Thank you, it's an honour to be a part of TR! I'll go ahead and claim an interior now.

I've removed the scripted lights for a single lamp, here:
Attachments
sirrah_showcase_final.esp
(21.28 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

I've put together some models for 10Kaziem's [url=http://kaziem.deviantart.com/art/Weeping-Pallia-533512589]Weeping Pallia[/url] concept; I'm not sure they're complex enough for a showcase, but since I'm not a modeller, I figured I should post it here anyway.

Pics: [url]http://imgur.com/PQn61D9,bt4yxw8#0[/url]

edit: fixed a couple of misplaced meshes.
Attachments
weeping_pallia.zip
(43.56 KiB) Downloaded 153 times