Shipal-Shin inspirational stuff

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Bahamut

Post by Bahamut »

Here is a building and the wall with the new textures. If it is quick enough, I will do it. As I do agree that it does look better.
Just means the removal of the large temple, which is ok. It is the only place it is used. :D
Attachments
Morrowind 2015-05-23 17.17.29.792.png
House with the rocks in the background.
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
Morrowind 2015-05-23 17.15.59.544.png
The wall Vs the rocks
(850.34 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
"Edgar's twin brother, who traded the throne for his own freedom..."
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Hmmm, I'd recommend desaturising/altering the ground texture instead. While the new house looks good, you'd have to do this for every single object in the game, no matter how small.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Bahamut

Post by Bahamut »

Theminimanx wrote:Hmmm, I'd recommend desaturising/altering the ground texture instead. While the new house looks good, you'd have to do this for every single object in the game, no matter how small.
I took a stab at this idea this morning, and it was quite successful! The stark contrast is missing now that was there before. I do not have a clue why I did not think about that.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

So I took a trip up north to Payson this weekend to camp and decided to snap a few pictures while driving (safe, I know) and while I was up there. I figured they could be useful for getting ideas on how different parts of the mainland can look for us. It's mostly mountains which can be useful for Shipal-Shin and are in contrast from Sedona's hues they are a but more neutral brown. There's also some of a forest of dead trees which can be useful for whatever reasons. I will snap some more when I go to Sedona next week as well. Take a look and let me know what you think!

http://imgur.com/a/cSlAV
st.Veloth, The Repenting

Post by st.Veloth, The Repenting »

i Love it! just put some red dunes in there!
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
Bahamut

Post by Bahamut »

Sand say like this???? Feel free to use it if you want to.
Attachments
_WI_IP_Sand1.tga
Sand being used for Inner Plains.
(768.04 KiB) Downloaded 3056 times
Bahamut

Post by Bahamut »

Thought I would give a progress show of my Inner Plains.
Keeping it on the arid side, I went with just a few flora. The area is now locked in, and ready for the creation. This really helped boost this region, which a week ago was still flat, and mostly unpainted....that despite the entire rest of the world being at least given some terrain, or being locked in/finished.

Ash Yams
Skathecraw
Roobush
Fire Fern
Heather
Ash Grass (R)

For the mushrooms (Loved the idea) I tried with the Emperor Parasols. They looked too well watered for my happiness. So I looked into the models from everything I had. I came across what is marked as "Terras Trees" in the TR stuff. These were perfect. I added a hint of color, and BAM! They are perfect, because (to me) they have their parasols in a bowl shape, to catch what water does come around. That, and they fit in it so well.

I thought I would show a couple of the terrain creations as well.
Attachments
Morrowind 2015-05-26 07.31.47.955.png
The way in from the Emeraude Coast (North road)
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 251 times
Morrowind 2015-05-26 07.33.53.632.png
High angle shot to Mora Ouya with the flora and terrain.
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 246 times
Morrowind 2015-05-26 07.31.24.185.png
My version of "Window Rock"
(755.29 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Morrowind 2015-05-26 07.29.20.270.png
Sandstone formation outside of Mora Ouya
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 240 times
Morrowind 2015-05-26 07.28.58.684.png
Flora of the Inner Plains.
(998.93 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Bumping this as well....for good reasons.
Bahamut

Post by Bahamut »

Sadly I lost this mod, when my Hard Drive crashed and burned. I had it on a memory stick, but something was missed. No matter where you went in the game, it would freak out and crash from something missing.
Long story short I could not fix said issue. So I reluctantly am rebuilding Western Isles.
A little bigger, with things I wanted in the original. But the inner plains remained the same. One slight alteration...the rocks.
Here is a photo of the new town of Laquaimar. I hated having to begin again....but it was so worth it in many aspects. :D
Attachments
wi.png
(732.73 KiB) Downloaded 204 times